Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 105669 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Turn 9/10
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »

TURN NINE OF TEN
In which it becomes fashionable to bellyflop

Strafe towards the potion, cast Fireball to the SW.

[6] G does an exceptionally good job of avoiding the fires in the South-East, and starts running off to the North-West, [1] but trips, falling flat on his face and failing to leave his area! Seeing he has no longer has a chance of getting to the Potion first, G throws a Fireball at the South-West! [3]-1-1vs[3]-2 Jacen is the only player there, and barely manages to evade the blast!

Blast Bulldog with a Force Bolt and run to grab the Healing potion for myself

[4] Spartan safely high-steps it out of the raging green inferno, avoiding damage! He runs back to the North-East in an attempt to finish off Bulldog! [3]-1vs[5]-1 Bulldog rolls to his feet as Spartan approaches, avoiding the Bolt! Spartan then [1] tries running to the North-West, but trips over his own feet!

Run to the NW then pick up and drink the potion. If G is here, then double slash him. Else transport his soul jar to me then run to SW and slash Jacen.

Bulldog easily runs to the North-West, retrieving the precious Potion of Healing! He quaffs the magical elixer, instantly regaining FIVE HP! Once again on top of the world, Bulldog attempts to teleport away G's Soul Jar, [2] but the spell fizzles! He decides to run into the flaming South-West to knock off Jacen, [1] but falls on his face just like everyone else!

Heal myself through sheer will.

[1] Jacen begins focusing his mind on his autonomic biological processes, struggling to control the growth rate of his cells! If he can just figure this out, then he can probably regenerate or something!

Unfortunately, this distracts him from the fact the South-West is currently ablaze with sticky green fire, and the shifting flames engulf him! His piteous screams are eerily echoed by spectral laughter...

Jacen has been struck down!

There is a Poisoned Dagger, a Musket(7 ammo)-needs reloading, and a pair of Haunted Swordchucks in the North-East. The South-West contains a Scythe

DEMONS DON'T DANCE

The Balrog [4] cautiously avoids the treacherous flames before attacking G! [1] The Balrog also trips himself up, and G takes advantage of the opportunity to counterstrike! [6]-1vs[1]

"We can dance,
We can dance,
Everybody look at your hands!"

The Force Bolt leaps from G's fingertips and obliterates the Balrog's skull! The massive demonic corpse disappears in a burst of sooty flame, and G is more than happy to receive FIVE POINTS!

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- WHO YA GONNA CALL?- Whoever captures the most souls receives FIVE points!
Spoiler: Crypt-Keeper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Soul Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
RIP Jacen, who died with ONE soul!
G
Currently: Slaying Demons in the South-East
HP- 8/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments, Soul Jar
Spells- Force Bolt, Fireball
Status- Head- Moderate Wound
RIP Micelus, who is happy his actions have indirectly killed somebody
SPARTAN
Currently: Pratfalling in the North-East
HP- 5/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Amulet of Spell Resistance, Soul Jar
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Normal
BULLDOG
Currently: Wondering what kind of lame spell Teleport is in the North-West
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe, Razor Armor, Lifedrinker
Spells- Force Bolt, Teleport
Status- Prone

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)

***ONE TURN LEFT***
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:58:34 pm by monk12 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Grapple in Gehenna
« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2011, 10:55:36 pm »

Round 2 body count: Five

Bulldog- If you win, how deadly is the arena going to be?  (Totally not asking because I want the waitlist to cycle back to me, nope nope)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2011, 10:57:57 pm »

Alright, I'm PRETTY SURE Jacen got killed this time. Which is a bit unfortunate, as I was hoping to see a Toaster-esque rally to the end of the round. The extra turn in the Arena got Jacen's average roll down to a 3.2, the same as Gatleos had. Toaster remains the unluckiest at 2.8.  Want me to toss you on the end of the waitlist, Jacen?

Anywho, it looks like Bulldog has this round wrapped up, barring some last-minute heroics by Hitty40. At this point, y'all are jockeying for position on the Leaderboard. A couple points here could mean the difference between an awesome item and a terrible one down the road.

FAKEEDIT: Clearly the next arena should be the Deadly Dungeons of Doom! Or perhaps a pillowfight instead. (actually a pillowfight arena would be funny as hell, note to self...)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2011, 11:49:51 pm »

Attempt to knock Bulldog unconscious then use his body for a meat shield.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2011, 01:04:05 am »

Bulldog- If you win, how deadly is the arena going to be?  (Totally not asking because I want the waitlist to cycle back to me, nope nope)

A pillowfight It should be a dungeon, filled with deadly traps and dangerous monsters, as well as cursed and enchanted items. The spectator should be a wizard, who should teleport in randomly and cast various spells. In addition to picking a item, the players should choose a class, either fighter, thief or mage.

So basically Deadly Dungeons of Doom.

Any good?

Run to the NE and slash Spartan three times with the axe.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:09:14 am by BullDog »

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2011, 01:51:27 am »

no rancor?

Rockowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2011, 06:04:40 am »

A pillowfight It should be a dungeon, filled with deadly traps and dangerous monsters, as well as cursed and enchanted items. The spectator should be a wizard, who should teleport in randomly and cast various spells. In addition to picking a item, the players should choose a class, either fighter, thief or mage.

Any good?

Now THAT could be interesting. :)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2011, 12:27:42 pm »

Throw me on the waiting list.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2011, 01:40:34 pm »

Force Bolt Bulldog as he charges me
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2011, 04:38:24 pm »

Any good?

Now THAT could be interesting. :)

Better: a Dungeons of Dredmor-style floor, filled with various monsters.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Turn 10/10
« Reply #235 on: December 10, 2011, 09:22:34 pm »

FINAL TURN
In which Bulldog hacks things to bits (as usual)

Force Bolt Bulldog as he charges me

[4] Spartan recognizes that Bulldog has his sights set on attacking, and readies himself to face the charge! He will attack as soon as Bulldog enters his area, and his preparation gives him a +1 bonus to the attack roll!

Attempt to knock Bulldog unconscious then use his body for a meat shield.

[3] G runs through the fire and the flames of the South-East quickly enough to avoid damage, but the searing heat burns his feet, imposing a -1 penalty to dodge rolls! He runs towards the North-West, [2] but trips when he gets to the Center, failing to close the distance!

Bulldog runs North-East to attack Spartan! Spartan is ready and waiting, and attacks with a well-placed Force Bolt! [3]+1vs[2] The attack catches Bulldog in the chest, dealing TWO damage! Bulldog retaliates with a flurry of blows- his first strike [5]+1-1vs[1] caves in the side of Spartan's skull for FOUR damage, and imposes a -2 to attack/dodge! [4]+1-1-1vs[5]-2 Spartan barely staggers away from Bulldog's backhand swing, and Bulldog finishes up with one more mighty swing of his axe, [2]+1-1-2vs[6]-2 but the strain of his multiple attacks causes the blow to miss!

There is a Poisoned Dagger, a Musket(7 ammo)-needs reloading, and a pair of Haunted Swordchucks in the North-East. The South-West contains a Scythe

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE- WHO YA GONNA CALL?

Honestly, why do I even bother.
Hey, I caught a soul!
Yes, yes, fine. You get the reward, Jacen.

Jacen posthumously receives FIVE POINTS for his sole soul capture!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

RIP Jacen, who died with the most souls!
G
Currently: Falling over in the Center
HP- 8/10
Inventory-  Tattered Garments, Soul Jar
Spells- Force Bolt, Fireball
Status- Head- Moderate Wound
RIP Micelus, who is happy his actions have indirectly killed somebody
SPARTAN
Currently: Living to see the next round in the North-East
HP- 1/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Amulet of Spell Resistance, Soul Jar
Spells- Force Bolt
Status- Head- Serious Wound
BULLDOG
Currently: Padding his stats in the North-East
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Tattered Garments, Greataxe, Razor Armor, Lifedrinker
Spells- Force Bolt, Teleport
Status- Normal

***END ROUND TWO***

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 10, 2011, 09:29:58 pm »

Well played this round, everyone. Kudos to Jacen for getting 5 points just for holding that soul.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 10, 2011, 09:30:35 pm »

HAHAHAHAHA. VICTORY(as in not defeat)
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 10, 2011, 09:31:38 pm »

HAHAHAHAHA. VICTORY(as in not defeat)

Hey, you got lucky. had I not noticed you only had 1 HP left, I would have attacked you instead.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch - Round 1, Historically Inaccurate Coliseum!
« Reply #239 on: December 10, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »

BULLDOG WINS THE ROUND!

In a frenzy of fighting, BULLDOG has claimed victory this round with a score of TWENTY FIVE POINTS! In second place is G, who ruined Toaster's rally and battled a Balrog for FIFTEEN POINTS! And while SPARTAN scored zero points, at least he leaves the arena alive, which is more than five other combatants can say!

The first round took place in a HISTORICALLY INACCURATE COLISEUM, and the second round was a GRAPPLE IN GEHENNA, but the third round is to be decided by the round winner, and Bulldog has chosen!

It should be a dungeon, filled with deadly traps and dangerous monsters, as well as cursed and enchanted items. The spectator should be a wizard, who should teleport in randomly and cast various spells. In addition to picking a item, the players should choose a class, either fighter, thief or mage.

Bulldog, G, Spartan, Powder Miner, and Bob (played by antlion12) shall enter the Deadly Dungeons of Doom in a quest to retrieve the Amulet of Yendor while dodging traps, monsters, the mysterious Wizard of Yendor, and of course one another!

While we wait on the new world to be generated, it's time for our first ever...

VIEWER'S CHOICE AWARDS!

Simply put, anyone who didn't compete in the round can vote on a few different categories- some give the winners points, and some are just for fun. I've come up with two categories to start with, if somebody has an idea for more give a holler!

Most Entertaining Fatality- simply put, who had the best death? This round has no shortage of frags to choose from- you can see how each player fared by following the link in the Leaderboard, but a couple noteworthy nominees would be Toaster's multi turn rally before being coup de grace'd by G, and Gatleos's Swordchuck self-decapitation after attempting to ride a Balrog to victory. Whichever death wins will bestow ONE POINT upon the deceased, and ONE POINT on the killer- it takes two to tango, unless you have swordchucks anyway.

Most Badass- in your opinion, who was the most badass this round? Bulldog is certainly in contention for his extremely high damage output (see stats to follow), but Gatleos's aforementioned Balrog ride is notable for its sheer audacity, and that Balrog would not be there to ride had Sinpwn not done the Safety Dance! With ten turns and five fatalities, there is no dearth of actions to choose from- if you'd like to read through the last round before making a decision, the first turn was here. Whoever is chosen Round Two's Most Badass will receive TWO POINTS!

And finally, some achievements based solely off of the stats accumulated through a round of play.

DEADLIEST WARRIOR- BULLDOG claims honors here, with two player kills and a whopping TWENTY ONE points of damage dealt! For comparison, Micelus dealt the next most damage with SEVEN. Truly, Bulldog was an avatar of destruction in Round Two.

LEAST EFFECTIVE- SINPWN gets this "honor"- although he won the first round, in Round Two he scored zero points, got zero kills and dealt zero damage.

Spoiler: Complete Damage Totals (click to show/hide)

UNLUCKIEST- TOASTER can attest he is the least lucky, rolling an average of 2.8, the only combatant to average less than 3 per roll. GATLEOS deserves an honorable mention, however- although he finished with a median 3.2, his repeated 1's on dodge rolls were the leading contribution to his early wipeout.

LUCKIEST- Although you might suppose Bulldog's damage output was a result of high rolling, it is actually SINPWN who claims honors here, with a staggering average roll of 4.2! In case you were wondering, Bulldog actually averaged third in rolls, with 3.5- Micelus beat him out with a 3.7

With that, I'll let you folks get to voting, and I'll get to arena-genning. I'm going to go PM our new contestants Powder Miner and antlion12- give a holler in this thread even if you don't feel like voting, just so I know you're paying attention, guy/gals!

EDIT: @Jacen, don't worry, I saw you and you're back on the waitlist
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:21:43 pm by monk12 »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32