Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106393 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 2, Winner- BULLDOG
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2011, 06:38:57 pm »

If possible, fighter with longsword.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2011, 06:50:25 pm »

If I roll a thief, will I somehow be able to hide into the shadows(and maybe get a bonus)?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:19 pm »

If I roll a thief, will I somehow be able to hide into the shadows(and maybe get a bonus)?

You can roll to hide in the shadows, but you won't be any better at it than anyone else. Most rooms will be dimly lit (no bonus either way), some rooms will be dark (bonus) and a very few will be brightly lit (penalty)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2011, 02:21:04 pm »

Fighter with mithril armor.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2011, 08:37:29 pm »

If Possible Fighter with Ring of Regen
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch - Round 1, Historically Inaccurate Coliseum!
« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2011, 04:09:13 pm »

Alrighty then, Hitty40 called dibs on antlion's starting kit, so we'll get rolling once he picks from the options below. Well, once he does that and I return to the home computer, anyway.

Fighter- Fighters are all about combat- they start with 10/15 hitpoints instead of 10/10. In addition to a basic melee weapon, Fighters may start with one of these items:

The fancy items are taken, but you can haz 100 Gold! Gold can be spent in shop(s), and maybe is point redeemable pending your survival?

Rogue- Rogues are stealthy folks who aren't the best in a fight, but are well suited to surviving the rigors of dungeon exploration. Rogues get a +2 bonus to dodging traps. Rogues start with a set of throwing daggers, and may also start with one of the following items:

Amulet of ESP- You are able to detect the thoughts of intelligent creatures. This allows you to detect and attack invisible creatures without penalty, and also warns you of creatures in adjoining rooms. It does not help against unthinking creatures, such as slimes and zombies.

Cloak of Magic Resistance- This cloak gives you resistance to magical spells and effects, in the form of a +2 bonus when dodging them.

Poisoned Dagger- As last round's item- needless to say, it messes folks up. It is worth noting that this dungeon will likely have more ways to resist the poison's effects, however.

Mage- Mages get Magic, of course! They can learn spells from spellbooks, whereas the other classes need to use an item or scroll. Casting a spell is a Standard Roll, with various effects depending on the spell. All Mages start with a spellbook of Force Bolt (same as last round), and may also start with one of these items:

Spellbook of Teleport- Teleport only works on creatures, not items. You can choose not to designate a destination, in which case the target will teleport randomly. On a 1, the target and caster take one damage each. On a 3, you teleport the target randomly, and on a 4 and 5 you teleport the target to the specified location. On a 6, the target contracts Teleportitis.

Spellbook of Magic Missile- Fires Magic Missiles, which make attacks against targets with a +1 bonus. If the attack rolls a natural one, it ricochets against a random creature in the same room. On a 1, you hit yourself with a single missile. On a 3 you shoot one missile, on a 4 you shoot two, and on a 5 you shoot three. On a six, you shoot three missiles, and every missile will ricochet at least once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Bob - ??
Currently: Preparing to exist
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Adventuring garb
Status- Normal
G - Fighter
HP- 10/15
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Mithril Armor
Status- Normal
Powder Miner - Fighter
HP- 10/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Longsword
Status- Normal
SPARTAN - Fighter
HP- 10/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Ring of Regeneration
Status- Normal
BULLDOG - Mage
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Robe and Wizard's hat, Spellbook of Protection
Spells- Force Bolt, Protection
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2011, 04:28:57 pm »

I'm shocked that the [REDACTED] hasn't been picked.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2011, 04:33:35 pm »

I'm shocked that the [REDACTED] hasn't been picked.

As am I, and the [REDACTED] is also a fine choice. Silly people with their "fighters" and their "hit points." I suspect Rogues will become more popular once people start falling into the poisoned spike traps. Or the sleeping gas traps- that one killed my last Knight...

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2011, 04:47:48 pm »

Dammit i wanted that armour oh well just have to steal it from his cold dead body now

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2011, 04:52:21 pm »

Dammit i wanted that armour oh well just have to steal it from his cold dead body now

*poke poke* You still get to choose a starting class/item combo, though :P

Note that your plan is still entirely valid, just slightly more likely to succeed.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2011, 05:47:23 pm »

Well i still take fighter though i will take that  gold  so when do we start?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2011, 08:24:03 pm »

ROUND THREE- FIGHT!
The Deadly Dungeons of Doom

The combatants stand about a Portal Stone, ready to brave the Deadly Dungeons of Doom! Each has been heralded since their birth as an instrument of their deity's will, and each has been tasked with the recovery of the Amulet of Yendor, an artifact of enormous power! However, the name of the aforementioned amulet's resting place is no coincidence, and many have tried and failed to recover the amulet before- the shaken few who emerge share tales of elaborate traps, horrible monsters, and a mysterious guardian known only as the Wizard of Yendor.

But such tales have not swayed our combatants, who prefer to focus on the stories of untold wealth, magical weaponry, and wondrous items. And of course, the ultimate prize- the Amulet of Yendor! Each combatant reaches out and touches the Portal Stone, disappearing in a flash of light!

BOB reappears in a dim, torchlit room. There is a boulder here. There is a closed door SOUTH and an open doorway EAST. He wields his basic SHORT SWORD and has a pouch of 100 GOLD!

G reappears in a different, but similarly torchlit room. There is a boulder and a fountain here. There is a closed doorway leading SOUTH. G adjusts his MITHRIL MAIL SHIRT as he regards his surroundings.

POWDER MINER reappears in, you guessed it, a torchlit room. An oaken wand lies on the floor. The open door the the WEST is blocked by a surprised-looking goblin, though the closed door to the NORTH does not have any such creature in the way. Powder Miner brandishes his LONGSWORD at the hapless goblin!

BULLDOG continues the theme of torchlit rooms- however, his room appears completely empty. There are closed doorways leading NORTH, EAST, and SOUTH. Straightening his Wizard's Hat, Bulldog stows away his SPELLBOOK OF PROTECTION.

SPARTAN reappears in yet another torchlit room- in the center of the room is a stained altar. There are open exits to the WEST and SOUTH. Spartan idly polishes his brass RING OF REGENERATION as he muses on the origin of the dark stain.

THE ROUND WILL CONCLUDE UPON THE SUCCESSFUL WEARING OF THE AMULET OF YENDOR. THE ROUND BEGINS...NOW!

BOB - Fighter
HP- 10/15
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, 100 Gold, Short Sword
Status- Normal
G - Fighter
HP- 10/15
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Mithril Armor
Status- Normal
POWDER MINER - Fighter
HP- 10/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Longsword
Status- Normal
SPARTAN - Fighter
HP- 10/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Short Sword, Ring of Regeneration
Status- Normal
BULLDOG - Mage
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Robe and Wizard's hat, Spellbook of Protection
Spells- Force Bolt, Protection
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2011, 08:26:07 pm »

SLASH THE GOBLIN! SLASH SLASH!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2011, 08:28:44 pm »

Important note- gods are very much in existence, so praying is a viable tactic, and may be a good way to restore HP, uncurse an item, blah blah blah. That said, failure on a pray roll is likely to get you smote, and if you bother your god frequently they will become angered, which tends to end with smiting. Consider yourself warned.

Carry on then!

EDIT: Holy carp how did I get ninja'd!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2011, 08:32:27 pm »

The magic of bored browsing.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32