Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!  (Read 106385 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-15, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!
« Reply #435 on: February 02, 2012, 03:04:45 pm »

Uh... an invisible guy is attacked and a certain invisible part of their anatomy is found.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 02, 2012, 03:19:31 pm »

Oh, bother. :(

Thankfully, that shouldn't be a problem here because I think he got blown into tiny pieces. I just hope he had a spellbook on him or something and it survived.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 02, 2012, 03:44:12 pm »

Exit through the slightly slimy eastern door. Celebrate victory while still remaining wary.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 04, 2012, 12:57:32 pm »

O-shit sorry guys. Name the gas spore Richard and make him my companion, and also Pray at the alter again for a better weapon
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-16, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!
« Reply #439 on: February 04, 2012, 11:22:56 pm »

Round Three- Turn Sixteen
It's baaaaaaack

Since most of the first 2 floors have been explored (and mutually shared) all the maps are at the bottom.

Now. Zap the horse with the wand and find a way out.

[6] Bob zaps the runed wand at the pony corpse, and while a pale beam hits the pony as before, nothing happens. Stupid wand.

[5] Bob searches for a way out of the room, and finds a hidden door to the North! He emerges in room 76, and his map merges with that of Theodolus!

Loot the Wizard's remains, visible or invisible, then head NW, checking for traps.

[3] Bulldog does some searching for loot, but finds nothing of note. Heading NW, enters a small room. [6] Bulldog finds a hidden Arrow trap, and is easily able to avoid it. What might be harder to avoid is the Ice Vortex in this room- a deadlier cousin of the Fog Cloud, the Ice Vortex's engulfing attacks do cold damage.

Spoiler: Ice Vortex (click to show/hide)

Proceed to 52, and then, checking for creatures first, go north.

[2] Theodolus proceeds to 52, and sets off another Polymorph trap! [3]+2 He easily evades this one as well. Closing his eyes and clearing his mind, Theodolus's telepathy tells him there is a strong monster of some kind on the other side of the North door...

Exit through the slightly slimy eastern door. Celebrate victory while still remaining wary.

[1] Draignean brushes aside the bits of mold and continues East. He is so happy with himself, he only gets a brief glimpse of the new room before he stumbles into a trap! [2] Draignean is caught in a Level Teleport Trap! He is whisked to room 70- there is a coyote corpse here... and a Gray Ooze.

Spoiler: Gray Ooze (click to show/hide)

O-shit sorry guys. Name the gas spore Richard and make him my companion, and also Pray at the alter again for a better weapon

Spartan names the gas spore Richard, patting him affectionately. He prays at the altar, [1]-1 and a booming voice announces "Thou hast angered me, mortal!" A black glow surrounds Spartan as his Ring of Regeneration becomes cursed! It tightens painfully on his finger, becoming impossible to remove- Spartan gets the sinking feeling that there could be more bad side-effects...

Spoiler: Floor A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Floor B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bottom Floor (click to show/hide)

Aggravated Monsters

The Gas Spore Richard nudges Spartan in room 69.

The Gray Ooze in 70 oozes at Draignean! [2]-1vs[3] Draignean avoids the clumsy attack, despite his disorientation.

The Ice Vortex in 44 swirls at Bulldog, [3]-1vs[6] but Bulldog easily avoids the engulf attack!

Primary Objective- Find the Amulet of Yendor
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BOB - Fighter
Currently: Finding the rest of the dungeon at 76
HP- 8/15
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, 100 Gold, Short Sword, Runed Wand
Status- Has prayed once
THEODOLUS - Rogue
Currently: Avoiding traps at 52
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, Poisoned Dagger, Throwing Knives, Slender Wand of Create Monster, Oaken Wand
Abilities- Intrinsically Telepathic
Status- Has prayed once
DRAIGNEAN- Mage
Currently: Finding Spartan's Ooze at 70
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Robe and Wizard's hat, Spellbook of Magic Missile
Spells- Force Bolt, Magic Missile
Status- Normal
SPARTAN - Fighter
Currently: Irritating his deity at 69
HP- 5/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Blessed Short Sword, Cursed Ring of Regeneration, Bear Trap
Status- Has prayed twice
BULLDOG - Mage
Currently:  Exploran at 44
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Robe and Wizard's hat, Spellbook of Protection, Crystal Wand, Land Mine
Spells- Force Bolt, Protection
Status- Has prayed once

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2012, 12:44:48 am »

Cast protection, then force bolt the vortex while backing away, then run back SE, then SW. Try to keep an eye out for traps.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 05, 2012, 07:31:52 am »

Go into 36 with my sword drawn and Richard at my side.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 05, 2012, 08:59:56 am »

Enter the waitlist.

Name: Tiruin
Color(?): Yellow Green

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 05, 2012, 10:02:33 am »

Move to 29 and read the runes on the wand

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 05, 2012, 10:06:06 am »

Double Force bolt the gray slime, if it dies then go west into 52. BEING CAREFUL THIS TIME!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 05, 2012, 06:12:18 pm »

[Spartan] prays at the altar, [1]-1 and a booming voice announces "Thou hast angered me, mortal!" A black glow surrounds Spartan as his Ring of Regeneration becomes cursed! It tightens painfully on his finger, becoming impossible to remove- Spartan gets the sinking feeling that there could be more bad side-effects...

Party foul! (Does that actually make sense outside my own head?)
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 05, 2012, 06:26:38 pm »

[Spartan] prays at the altar, [1]-1 and a booming voice announces "Thou hast angered me, mortal!" A black glow surrounds Spartan as his Ring of Regeneration becomes cursed! It tightens painfully on his finger, becoming impossible to remove- Spartan gets the sinking feeling that there could be more bad side-effects...

Party foul! (Does that actually make sense outside my own head?)

nope. but thanks for calling it for me

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 06, 2012, 10:33:10 am »

Sneak North, trying to avoid detection. Once in the room, if still undetected, slash the enemy with my dagger twice. If spotted fire the oaken wand at it, then slash with the dagger.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Deathmatch- Round 3-17, Deadly Dungeons of Doom!
« Reply #448 on: February 09, 2012, 11:53:52 pm »

Round Three- Turn Seventeen
Oh right those guys

Double Force bolt the gray slime, if it dies then go west into 52. BEING CAREFUL THIS TIME!

Draignean smites the ooze, [6]vs[4] dealing TWO damage! The Ooze is killed, and Draignean earns TWO POINTS!

He moves west into room 52, [1] and falls straight into the Polymorph trap! [6] He manages to escape, however.

Cast protection, then force bolt the vortex while backing away, then run back SE, then SW. Try to keep an eye out for traps.

[5] Bulldog casts Protection, gaining a +2 bonus to dodge until the end of turn 18! He force bolts the Ice Vortex, [3]vs[6] but the creature dodges the blow! Bulldog runs SE, [2] but gets slowed down by the door to the SW, and doesn't make it this turn.

Spoiler: Ice Vortex (click to show/hide)

Move to 29 and read the runes on the wand

Bob moves to 29, and oh my is there a great many things here. Specifically, 2 of the Manes that killed Powder Miner, Powder Miner's Longsword, the Grave and a Shortsword.

Bob attempts to read the runes on the wand, [5] and is surprisingly fluent in ancient Elvish! He deduces that this is a Wand of Cancellation, which can negate magical abilities and attacks, among other things.

Spoiler: Manes 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manes 2 (click to show/hide)

Go into 36 with my sword drawn and Richard at my side.

[4] Spartan carefully moves into room 36, with Richard beside him. The room is empty.

Sneak North, trying to avoid detection. Once in the room, if still undetected, slash the enemy with my dagger twice. If spotted fire the oaken wand at it, then slash with the dagger.

Theodolus sneaks north, [3]vs[4] but is spotted by the Orcish Captain standing guard over the Stairs Down! The Captain is wielding a short sword and appears to be wearing G's Mithril Armor. There is also an Altar in this room.

Theodolus zaps his oaken wand at the Orc, [4] and fires an icy beam! This is a Wand of Cold, which can freeze water, potions, and impose a dodge penalty on a hit! [6]vs[6] The Captain narrowly dodges away from the cold beam as Theodolus follows up with a dagger slash! [5]-1vs[5] Once again, the Orc Captain dances away from the attack!

Spoiler: Orc Captain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Floor A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Floor B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bottom Floor (click to show/hide)

Aggravated Monsters

The Gas Spore Richard nudges Spartan in room 36.

The Manes in 29 fly at Bob! [4]-2vs[5] The first one flails ineffectually, [1] and the second one is exposed for a counterstrike! [5]vs[5] It manages to evade Bob's blow, however!

The Orc Captain in 64 attacks Theodolus, [2]vs[2] but Theodolus is able to trip away from his clumsy swing!

Primary Objective- Find the Amulet of Yendor
BOB - Fighter
Currently: Rolling really well at 29
HP- 8/15
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, 100 Gold, Short Sword, Runed Wand of Cancellation
Status- Has prayed once
THEODOLUS - Rogue
Currently: Finding the down stairs at 64
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Adventuring garb, Poisoned Dagger, Throwing Knives, Slender Wand of Create Monster, Oaken Wand of Cold
Abilities- Intrinsically Telepathic
Status- Has prayed once
DRAIGNEAN- Mage
Currently: Smiting oozes at 52
HP- 10/10
Inventory-  Robe and Wizard's hat, Spellbook of Magic Missile
Spells- Force Bolt, Magic Missile
Status- Normal
SPARTAN - Fighter
Currently: Making BFF's at 36
HP- 5/15
Inventory- Adventuring garb, Blessed Short Sword, Cursed Ring of Regeneration, Bear Trap
Status- Has prayed twice
BULLDOG - Mage
Currently:  Stymied by the movement rules at 23
HP- 10/10
Inventory- Robe and Wizard's hat, Spellbook of Protection, Crystal Wand, Land Mine
Spells- Force Bolt, Protection
Status- Has prayed once, Protective Aura

Spoiler: Round Score (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaderboard (click to show/hide)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 09, 2012, 11:57:48 pm »

Carefully continue.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32