Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Release the new build!  (Read 23996 times)

ChristmasDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Release the new build!
« on: November 09, 2011, 12:32:04 am »

Clean up the code; tie up all the loose ends and release 0.31.26 already! I can't wait till next year!

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Release the new build!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 12:32:42 am »

Patience, grasshoppah!
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Urist McDagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:00 am »

Toady will release when he's ready. Everybody's impatient, but the longer he works on it the more !!FUN!! things it will have. :)
You wouldn't rush Goya or Faulkner or Tarantino. Think about Toady as equal to those artists. And then deal with it.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 01:17:44 am »

And tbh I wouldn't even recommend him releasing now. With MW3 and BF3 even more so Skyrim, I know what I'll be playing for the next weeks to come.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:34:45 am »

And tbh I wouldn't even recommend him releasing now. With MW3 and BF3 even more so Skyrim, I know what I'll be playing for the next weeks to come.
The Elder scrolls series probably shares a lot of its market with Toady. And it's a big game in general, of course.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 01:45:03 am »

The Elder scrolls series probably shares a lot of its market with Toady. And it's a big game in general, of course.

I really doubt any large number of Beth fans ever even played DF, though I do believe a majority of DF players enjoy TES. So it's more like the other way around.
Love, scriver~

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 02:26:35 am »

Nah, if anything, Toady should wait a few more weeks and give us the update for christmas.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 03:20:27 am »

It's probably going to be 0.33.01 or something anyway
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 03:51:42 am »

Clean up the code; tie up all the loose ends and release 0.31.26 already! I can't wait till next year!
Yes, we can.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 04:04:07 am »

Nah, if anything, Toady should wait a few more weeks and give us the update for christmas.
I'd rather have it for Thanksgiving, that way I'll have time to actually play any games I get for Christmas that people paid for.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 04:10:25 am »

Christmas 2012.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 04:18:37 am »

I'd rather have it for Thanksgiving, that way I'll have time to actually play any games I get for Christmas that people paid for.
Eh, both DF and any other christmas games will be around when you finish the others.  The worst thing you'd have in store is having to be excited about new games for an extended period of time, and I haven't noticed this causing any health problems.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 04:53:05 am »

MW3 or BF3? Never!

Skyrim might be an option. But I don't have the hardware or the operating system it requires. Besides, better wait a 2 or 3 years for mods anyway. And the price will drop in the meantime.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 05:46:31 am »

I dislike TES.
DF is much more pleasing to the eye than Morrowind. And I never went past Balmora anyway because of the horrible lag.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 08:34:20 am »

Yes, we can.
We can, Urist McChristmas here can't.

And on the (off)topic of Skyrim, I'll wait until it's price drops on Steam and a GOTY-edition is available.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8