Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Release the new build!  (Read 23833 times)

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
Re: Release the new build!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 04:33:16 am »

You've got to give Skyrim some competition, Toady. We can't have them waltz around unchallenged!
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 07:59:53 am »

I thought Minecraft was already doing that. Then again, I haven't checked the final release date in a while, so it might have been delayed.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 09:02:26 am »

Now that vampires and justice are done...what else is there to do? Anybody have an *updated* checklist? Good to see that vamps are almost completely out the door- they took months.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 11:55:59 am »

It'll be ready when it's ready.

Work on a megaproject while you wait. That's how I passed my time as I waited.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 01:43:54 pm »

Imagine this: Toady still has not yet implemented the donation creatures for this round yet. They along with the new effects they should add will no doubt add another half-week to the dev time.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 02:04:59 pm »

Imagine this: Toady still has not yet implemented the donation creatures for this round yet. They along with the new effects they should add will no doubt add another half-week to the dev time.

Well, kiwis, squids, red pandas, peregrine falcons, ostriches and narwhals are already coded, aren't they? But you're right, Toady's goal was to get them all finished until next Christmas, a very thoughtful goal.

On a sidenote, I wish Toady wouldn't implement all those 120 animals (with giant- and people-versions), it takes forever and the outcome is rather boring, to me. =(
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 02:14:51 pm »

Now that vampires and justice are done...what else is there to do? Anybody have an *updated* checklist? Good to see that vamps are almost completely out the door- they took months.

2011-09-13:
Quote from: devlog
I still have a page of issues for each of the new night creatures, and six and a half pages for the cities/markets/underground, in addition to the animal stuff.

The night creatures are about done, which puts us at 4 of 11 pages completed.  Current prediction: Feb 27, 2012.  Of course, Toady might blow through the city notes and postpone stuff.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »

He's done a handful. Hopefully he'll leave the next batch to come after this is released.

Well, kiwis, squids, red pandas, peregrine falcons, ostriches and narwhals are already coded, aren't they? But you're right, Toady's goal was to get them all finished until next Christmas, a very thoughtful goal.

On a sidenote, I wish Toady wouldn't implement all those 120 animals (with giant- and people-versions), it takes forever and the outcome is rather boring, to me. =(
People paid money for them. They're all going in in some capacity. And they really don't take that long, compared to just about everything else.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 06:25:43 pm »

2011-09-13:
Quote from: devlog
I still have a page of issues for each of the new night creatures, and six and a half pages for the cities/markets/underground, in addition to the animal stuff.

The night creatures are about done, which puts us at 4 of 11 pages completed.  Current prediction: Feb 27, 2012.  Of course, Toady might blow through the city notes and postpone stuff.
So "caravan" arc will end rather in 2021 than 2020.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 06:33:17 pm »

People paid money for them. They're all going in in some capacity. And they really don't take that long, compared to just about everything else.

Well some don't take very long. Though Toady isn't half-hearting them, if any of them have unique abilities or behaviors Toady seems to be adamantium about adding those too.

CharlesPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • My Dark Twisted Pretzel Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 09:16:13 pm »

Just deal with it. It's his vision. If he wants to spend a month working on Vampires and werewolves, it'll have its reason (Vampires/werewolves comes with revamped justice system, interactions, contagions, night/day cycles, immortality, etc.) He's making a goddamn WORLD GENERATOR, so of course things are going to be inter-connected and be more complex (longer to program) than usual. Just deal with it, everybody, please. This isn't some little plaything for you to complain about when it doesn't work. First off, it's free, so go play MW3 or Skyrim if you feel like complaining about bugs and delays. Secondly, it's a work of ART. Think about Toady like an artist of the highest integrity. Don't demand he release a "sub-standard" version of the game (art) he's created just because you can't wait for gratification. You wouldn't rush Goya or Faulkner or Tarantino. Think about Toady as equal to those artists. And then deal with it. Everybody: deal with it.
UU,.~U~,.\b,.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 09:22:55 pm »

Just deal with it. Just deal with it, everybody, please. And then deal with it. Everybody: deal with it.

Ok... I shall chose to deal with it by begging, complaining, and possibly screaming.

You wouldn't rush Goya or Faulkner or Tarantino. Ohh and GET OVER IT!!!

Pretty easy to say that in retrospect given that they are already successful.

Get over it MY GOODNESS get over it, I am going crazy because everyone should get over everything and the solution to all problems is get over it!

Ok ok goodness fake person I made up in my head. I'll stop.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 09:29:17 pm »

I'll admit, Neon, I laughed, along with the rest of the posts in this thread.

CharlesPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • My Dark Twisted Pretzel Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 09:36:04 pm »

Just deal with it. Just deal with it, everybody, please. And then deal with it. Everybody: deal with it.

Ok... I shall chose to deal with it by begging, complaining, and possibly screaming.

You wouldn't rush Goya or Faulkner or Tarantino. Ohh and GET OVER IT!!!

Pretty easy to say that in retrospect given that they are already successful.

Get over it MY GOODNESS get over it, I am going crazy because everyone should get over everything and the solution to all problems is get over it!

Ok ok goodness fake person I made up in my head. I'll stop.

hahaha, that was pretty funny. But in all fairness, most of Faulkners most respected works were written when he was pretty poor/unknown and need money badly. So, success doesn't always dictate respect.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: everybody give Toady money?
UU,.~U~,.\b,.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 08:54:07 am »

...so go play MW3 or Skyrim if you feel like complaining about bugs and delays.

You brought Skyrim into that as if playing it was a bad thing. In addition, you forgot BF3.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8