Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Taking the "Crime" out of "Liberal Crime Squad"...  (Read 29900 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Taking the "Crime" out of "Liberal Crime Squad"...
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2012, 07:12:56 pm »

I've been doing some tests, and I think I've determined how to do the no crime/no seduction method. I'm pretty sure that this is the only possible method - I can't think of any others.
Spoiler: method (click to show/hide)
Uh, aren't radio personalities always conservative (and don't liberal news anchors only appear in a liberal country)? If they are you'd need to kidnap and enlighten them, which is a crime.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2012, 07:40:15 pm »

I've been doing some tests, and I think I've determined how to do the no crime/no seduction method. I'm pretty sure that this is the only possible method - I can't think of any others.
Spoiler: method (click to show/hide)
Uh, aren't radio personalities always conservative (and don't liberal news anchors only appear in a liberal country)? If they are you'd need to kidnap and enlighten them, which is a crime.
They are indeed always conservative, but that doesn't mean that I can't recruit them with persuasion. I detailed the mechanics in an earlier post. I've had quite some success at recruiting them in my previous attempts, but it requires creating the founder specifically for that purpose - I've been picking pretty much all CHA options, giving me a founder with 16 CHA (who can then easily grind to 16 persuasion). The means that I can get even the toughest target to come back for a talk later, and once they come back to a talk, as long as I have decent science, religion and law skills, I can then recruit them no problem (I've always been spending money, and once I get them back for a chat I always have success so far).

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2012, 08:01:48 pm »

Important Conservatives, that requires a persuasion roll of 17 to even get them to visit you. Since the LCS will probably won't be well known by that point, that's -2 initial eagerness.

You won't have any points in religion, but perhaps some in business and science. Intelligence won't be extremely high either. That sets the base difficulty to keep them coming relatively high (even with the -5 for spending 50 bucks).

However at 16 persuasion and charisma that's 8d6 per persuasion roll, so... yeah, the chances of succeeding aren't that bad actually. You still need six consecutive successes, though.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »

After doing some more research, I've decided to change my strategy yet again. I was previously planning to have writing to newspapers by the default founder activity while free speech is at C. However, having trawled through the code some more, it appears that that is not the best method - playing music seems to be better.
Spoiler: mechanics (click to show/hide)

You won't have any points in religion, but perhaps some in business and science. Intelligence won't be extremely high either. That sets the base difficulty to keep them coming relatively high (even with the -5 for spending 50 bucks).
Not quite. It is possible to get some religion by picking D for starting question 6, or for 7. However, I would really reccomend picking E for question 7, as that gives you an extra recruitment slot.

However at 16 persuasion and charisma that's 8d6 per persuasion roll, so... yeah, the chances of succeeding aren't that bad actually. You still need six consecutive successes, though.
Even better, it's 24d6. For most rolls you add the skill value and half the attribute value. And once you're chatting to them, you can pile on the skill bonuses so the roll is relatively unimportant. The only really tough roll is when you're trying to get them to come back, as that's the 17 difficulty one without any bonuses. The later rolls have a lower difficulties, with some penalties, but bonuses also come into play, which can a net bonus.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 01:24:24 am »

Even better, it's 24d6.
You only get 1d6 per 3 skill points (plus half your relevant stat).

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:43 am »

Even better, it's 24d6.
You only get 1d6 per 3 skill points (plus half your relevant stat).
Looking back at my old post, you're completely right. This means that I'm looking at 8d6 for the persuasion roll, and I might as well for for 10HRT instead of 11, as both would give me 5d6 on the music roll.

EDIT: yep, it looks like the music roll should work about 2/3 of the time with 10 HRT/music.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:26:50 am by ed boy »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 03:58:20 pm »

Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2009 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2010 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2011 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2012 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2013 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2014 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2015 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2016 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2017 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2018 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2019 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2020 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2021 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2022 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2023 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2025 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2026 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2027 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2028 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2029 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2030 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2031 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2032 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2033 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2034 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2035 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2036 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ending (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 04:11:52 pm »

-E: nevermind.

Also laws already have an integer value associated with them depending on their alignment, from -2 for C+ to 2 for L+. So that'd be... -42 to 42

Also, you mentioned nowhere if you did eventually sell that backer list. Did you?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:26:52 pm by Darvi »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 07:36:12 pm »

-E: nevermind.

Also laws already have an integer value associated with them depending on their alignment, from -2 for C+ to 2 for L+. So that'd be... -42 to 42
I gave them an integer value on my own scale, so 0 represente elite liberal and 4 represents arch-conservative. I thought that 0 would be a better target law status than 42.

Also, you mentioned nowhere if you did eventually sell that backer list. Did you?
I never got the backer in the first place. I got one of the CCS members as my sixth sleeper but I never activated him. In order to get the CCS backer list, I would need the CCS boss as a sleeper. I never got him as a sleeper - I was in the middle of training up my founder to get the CCS boss as a sleeper when free speech went C quite unexpectedly, so I decided to roll with it and finish the game without taking out the CCS.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2012, 07:42:27 pm »

Well kudos to you then.

It also makes sense that Free Speech is the first thing to go up, I mean, it's an issue that is affected by the TV and radio networks, right?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:44:26 pm by Darvi »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2012, 08:02:47 pm »

Well kudos to you then.

It also makes sense that Free Speech is the first thing to go up, I mean, it's an issue that is affected by the TV and radio networks, right?
Not especially. Radio personalities and news anchors affect all issues equally, and the sum total influence of my sleepers would have been less than the default conservative influence. I just must have been extremely lucky with the random issues affected by the music rolls and the rolls for changing public opinion on free speech.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 08:07:20 pm »

Ah.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]