Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco  (Read 54011 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco
« on: November 09, 2011, 05:49:27 pm »

Welcome to Endless RTD. When one GM falls, another shall take his place. Thus shall it be for all eternity.

Discussion thread can be found here.

This post to contain more useful information when it exists.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:55:21 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Endless RTD - Let the Madness Begin!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 05:52:13 pm »

Also, this post reserved just in case. Graveyard, lore, and so forth might end up going here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:47:07 pm »

If you haven't read it already, the backstory text can be found in the discussion thread OP, here.

時間旅行反ナチスの戦隊!!!
Episode 0: Steamy Nazi Spank-Time (Pilot)
Written by Gatleos

Turn 0
Weaving around hulking chains of iron, the light troop transport (reverse-engineered from Nazi technology) made its way steadily up past the windswept banners and hanging inverted towers of the floating Nazi Citadel. When at last it rose above the surface of the hovering island of steel, the transport paused for a moment in midair, struggling to stabilize in the high speed winds blowing at the edge of the island. Then, all at once, it dropped itself clumsily onto the smooth deck below. The transport door slid open and out stepped a gnarled, grizzly Dwarf, his trench coat blowing in the wind.

"S'all clear, move out."
Four more people emerged from the craft: a tall, blond male human in white robes, a shapely female human in a red catsuit, a squat young male dwarf trailing a black robe, and a lanky, masked human with a grappling hook slung over his shoulder. Though the transport had seemed to move haphazardly, its exact destination had been planned far in advance. The warriors made their way to the large, dilapidated building nearby the landing site and slipped inside.
"Bingo, this is the place! Nice flyin', Fekod," said the white-robed human, smiling broadly. The human woman peeked out the front window.
"Doesn't look like we've been spotted. Everybody check your equipment."

It was a dusty, blown-out tavern, seemingly abandoned for a long while; a perfect place to begin the infiltration. The party gathered at the center of the room, pulling chairs up to the table. The woman pulled out a small radio, set it on the table and tuned it to a particular channel. A tinny voice emanated from the small device.

"Greetings, agents! As you know, this mission is of utmost importance to the resistance. That is why we have chosen you. You are the best of the best, and you are going to need that experience to get at the heart of the Nazi Citadel. This is an intelligence mission: your objective is to make your way to the depths of the fortress, gathering as much intel from the Nazis as you can along the way. Steal documents and equipment, and if all else fails communicate with us by radio. Above all, we must find the means by which they invaded us from whatever alternate dimension they come from. Our only hope is to reverse-engineer the technology the Nazis have been keeping from us, and this is our last chance to do so. Good luck."
Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Hilda J Gherkin PhD (Agent Rouge)
Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio
Wounds: N/A
Skills: Misc. Object Usage

Player: BullDog
Name: Zack (Agent Amber)
Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | White Robes | Bandages
Skills: First Aid

Player: dermonster
Name: Derm (Agent Fuchsia)
Bio
Inventory: Tome of Eldritch Lore | Black Robes | Ritual Dagger
Skills: Necromancy | Raise Minion

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Fekod "The Master Explodinator" (Agent Pewter)
Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Plastic Explosives x3 | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch
Wounds: Missing Left Eye
Skills: Explosives Expert

Player: micelus
Name: Baron James Ostal (Agent Heliotrope)
Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook
Skills: Master Thief
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:50:30 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:53:07 pm »

Poke around the place. See what's what. Detect for any long hidden corpses in the walls.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:55:51 pm »

Lockpick every and any door. 
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 11:27:13 pm »

Try to see if there is a wine cellar. Bottles will be useful empty or full.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 12:58:45 am »

Determine how potent the herbs are, then search the place for anything useful for healing.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 02:18:32 am »

Quietly perform my pre-combat stretch and warm-up routine.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 11:04:45 am »

We will now be shifting abruptly to a first-person narrative. Also, you might want to read the updated injury rules here.

Turn 1 - You All Meet At An Inn
Poke around the place. See what's what. Detect for any long hidden corpses in the walls.
(...) Getting up from the table, you wander around the tavern and study its interior. You place your ear against the wall and begin tapping its surface in your usual routine of thoroughly checking for corpses in any location, however unlikely you are to find some. Zack shoots you a nasty, knowing look from the table, well-aware of this routine. The tavern appears to be corpse-free, but you get a good idea of the topology of the place. There is a small loft, a dark cellar, and a cramped store room behind the counter.
Lockpick every and any door. 
(...) You run around the tavern unlocking any and every container you come across. At last, you come across a large, wooden container in the cellar with a padlock on it. So of course you unlock it. The side of the container swings open and reveals a tower of neatly-stacked wine barrels, which immediately topples over toward you! (...) You dive out of the way in the nick of time, but one of the barrels crashes onto your leg and severely bruises it! You only narrowly avoided a leg fracture.
Try to see if there is a wine cellar. Bottles will be useful empty or full.
(...) You go into the cellar and poke around, stepping over James as he writhes in pain on the floor. You find a small bottle labeled "Tabasco" and pocket it. Probably some kind of alien liquor.
Determine how potent the herbs are, then search the place for anything useful for healing.
(...) These herbs can soothe pain and swelling, which should be useful for most moderate injuries. You walk past some rows of bottles, finally plucking one off the shelf. According to the label, it's 80-proof alcohol. Not exactly potent, but could sterilize a wound in a pinch.
...You're pretty sure.
Quietly perform my pre-combat stretch and warm-up routine.
(...) You climb up onto the table, then stretch and contort your body into all sorts of strange positions. That odd black-cloaked Dwarf keeps glancing at you and creepily licking his lips. You gotta keep your eye on that guy. You feel more agile as a result of your exercises; not enough for a bonus, of course, but you're getting there.

Status

Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio
Wounds: [HP:100/100]
Skills: Misc. Object Usage

Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | White Robes | Bandages | Bottle of Booze

Bio

Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Plastic Explosives x3 | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce
Wounds: [HP:100/100] Missing Left Eye

Bio
Wounds: [HP:95/100] Heavy Bruising
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36:10 am »

Grab a few bottles of alcohol suitable for molotovs, and one to be saved for drinking at the moment prior to death. Then examine the store room.

Note to self: Get a yellow hat at some point in the near future.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:53:47 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 11:49:08 am »

Sidle up to Fekod and whisper in his ear.

"Hey Fekod... you're a good guy, right? When I die, if you've still got any explosives on you, can you rig my body to explode to kingdom come? As many tiny pieces as possible? It's my one wish..."

Note the creepy dwarf going to the store room. Examine the small loft. Possibly for melee pompoms.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 03:14:24 pm »

"Sure thing, lass. It'll be quite a way to go."
Gather as much of the most potent alcohol in the cellar as possible and head up to help Derm explore the store room.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 05:54:51 pm »

Help James, then head to the store room.

Also remember how many herbs I have.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:50:32 pm by BullDog »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 12:18:02 am »

"Many thanks"

After thanking Agent Amber, take a sip of the wine. Head upstairs and explore the rooms.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 10:42:52 am »

We now uphold the long RTD tradition of stupid, inaccurate, yet somehow highly effective weaponry.

Turn 2 - Smooth Move, Ninja
Grab a few bottles of alcohol suitable for molotovs, and one to be saved for drinking at the moment prior to death. Then examine the store room.
(...) Leaning back on your stubby legs, you spring up to grab a bottle of booze off the top row of the rack! You knock the bottle off the shelf, causing it to fall down and bonk you on the head. You fall to the floor, blood trickling from a large bump on your skull.
Examine the small loft.
(...) You head downstairs and nudge Fekod. "Hey Fekod... you're a good guy, right? When I die, if you've still got any explosives on you, can you rig my body to explode to kingdom come? As many tiny pieces as possible? It's my one wish..."
He smiles and adjusts his hat. "Sure thing, lass. It'll be quite a way to go."

Your will and testament outlined, you decide to head to the loft. Sifting through the junk there, you come across an old pair of puffy red gloves, seemingly used for cushioning punches. You also find some nails and glue. Your (obviously well-trained) engineer's mind springs to work immediately, and you build... The Pain-Poms. You slip them onto your hands, feeling more powerful already.
"Sure thing, lass. It'll be quite a way to go."
Gather as much of the most potent alcohol in the cellar as possible and head up to help Derm explore the store room.
(...) After a short conversation with Hilda, you reach up to the top shelf and snag a bottle of hard liquor, then hang it from a hook inside your coat and make your way upstairs. Derm appears to be incapacitated.
Help James, then head to the store room. Also remember how many herbs I have.
(...) You quickly go to work, straightening out James's leg and applying pressure to the wound. You only seem to have one set of herbs. But they're potent, so you decide to hold off on using them. You head upstairs and into the cramped storeroom with Fekod and Derm.
"Many thanks"
After thanking Agent Amber, take a sip of the wine. Head upstairs and explore the rooms.

(...) You say your thanks, then make your way to the storeroom. It's absolutely full now, so you decide instead to head upstairs and, like any rational human being, jump out the second floor window. The window shatters, spraying the street with shards of glass! You land gracefully on the street below, covered in tiny cuts from the glass.

...You hear yelling in the distance! Someone's coming!

Status

Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms
Skills: Misc. Object Usage | One-Two Punch

Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | White Robes | Bandages | Bottle of Booze

Bio
Wounds: [HP:99/100] | Head Bump | Light Bleeding

Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Plastic Explosives x3 | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Hard Liquor
Wounds: [HP:100/100] Missing Left Eye

Bio
Wounds: [HP:94/100] Heavy Bruising | Light Bleeding
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23