Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let’s play Evil Genius!

(1/8) > >>

Cuckoo:
Reading these topics made me want to make one.

Let us play Evil Genius with the following premises:
1) We are not going to have modified population file. Sure, the 100 personnel limit is a little tight, and we are going to constantly need to change the number of these or those henchmen, but it’s going to be both manageable and fun.
2) We are going to build one-square-wide rooms. Because I think it’s stupid that we can’t. Besides, I think the two-square limit was actually put there to prevent the problem, which one-square room solves (namely — access to crucial hotspots). Together with that, of course, comes the idea of super-efficient use of space, which I think is awesome.
3) Hard level. (Probably not going to survive halfway through Island 2, but, hey, why not?)

Besides that, all hell breaks loose.

Minion names are mixed and matched at random from a list of possible first names and last names, I can add names of your choice to the pool of those names. I can also rename henchmen in your honour, if you should so desire.

Spoiler: Pre-play decisions (click to show/hide)So, anyone who’s interested, put down your opinions:

Which genius?

Alexis: 1
Maximilian: 3
Shen Yu: 1

Base layout.
Key questions about base:
1) Do we have a maze leading to the entrance to actual facilities, complete with trapped dead-ends?
2) Should there be many fake entrances?
3) Should there be two tiers to the base? (A cluster of no-heat rooms on the outside layer, and a cluster of high-heat rooms inside, separated by long corridor/maze/freezer/traps/etc...)
4) Your ideas?

i) Using the maid exploit. (I was stupid not to safeguard against it from the start, so now it is a option) For: 1. Against: 2.

Spoiler: Namelist (click to show/hide)Henchmen:
Myroc (Formerly Lord Kane)
Shadowgandor (Formerly Montezuma)

First name:
EuchreJack
Marcus Tullius (I'm not sure if spaces inside them work, so we’ll see. If not, then there will be people named Marcus and people named Tullius)
BunnyBob
RedKing

Last name:
Euchre
Fikes
Cicero

Let the evil commence!

Foreword: The Cradle of Evil
Moving in
The plan
New blood, new booty

Burnt Pies:
Evil Genius is a brilliant game, I must say.

My vote goes to starting with Alexis. I find her bigger aura makes her more useful. Set up a trap cascade entry corridor; nothing hurty, just a few bends with wind machines, to get a decent chain going. Maybe a few dead ends with traps hurting the yellow and purple attributes.

No to fake entrances, and no to a tiered base; putting stuff that generates heat in otherwise unheated rooms is a good way to regen some more stats, and adds fun.

Whisk some agents for me!

hexedmagica:
I'd say play as Maximillian. Jubei is awesome.

NRDL:

--- Quote from: hexedmagica on November 10, 2011, 01:41:11 am ---I'd say play as Maximillian. Jubei is awesome.

--- End quote ---

micelus:
Ahh...I haven't played this in ages.

Shen Yu.
1. No
2. Two maybe, no more than that.
3. Yes.
4. Exploit the maid glitch!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version