Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I had a close call just a few minutes ago.  (Read 3033 times)

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
I had a close call just a few minutes ago.
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:47:50 am »

A couple of elven merchants came into my fort, with intent to trade. I was curious what they had, so I let them through. I had old crafts in the depot, so I marked them for trade and sent my trader into the depot.

What I saw was a lot of useful things. Mountains of booze and food. Logs to last a lifetime.

And this is where the really bad part is, I considered trading with them.

I was so close to seriously trading, and then my dwarven instinct overcame me. I knew what needed to be done, to right this almost wrong. The magma pumps haven't been set up, so not that. Instead, I activated my new wrestler squad and...

In a split second the wrestlers held down and then punched the elves through their conceited stupid elven skulls, shattering their probably wooden brains. I then tossed the corpses down into the caverns. Close call averted.

Anyone else ever almost trade with the elves, then realize their grave mistake?

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I had a close call just a few minutes ago.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 04:09:31 am »

I just press claim everything "We have nothing to stop you"
And they are so right :D

You have to humiliate them before they die!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 04:49:25 am »

Actually, I do trade with the elves. Regularly. With fair profit gain on their part.

I am unbound by petty cultural differences. If someone is willing to take all my stockpile clogging crap in exchange for stuff I actually want/need, I sure as hell ain't gonna stop 'em.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 04:52:20 am »

Yeah i offload my junk to the elves for stuff like cheese, cloth and thread and such that i LIKE having. After i gain capital status and become self sufficient i will try and piss off ALL civs, elves or otherwise for more things for my military to butcher. Having 20 legendary dwarves and every piece of their uniform a named semi-artifact through a bloodsoaked history makes me a very very pleased sexual harassment panda
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 05:12:31 am »

Actually, I do trade with the elves. Regularly. With fair profit gain on their part.

I am unbound by petty cultural differences. If someone is willing to take all my stockpile clogging crap in exchange for stuff I actually want/need, I sure as hell ain't gonna stop 'em.
yeah but dead elves.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 05:22:04 am »

yeah but dead elves.

Dead elves what? That's just more corpses for me to deal with, and goblin sieges provide me with plenty of those already. Not to mention killing them also means I get stuck with all of their wooden crap that I didn't want, plus the goblin crap I would have traded them.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 05:26:01 am »

Yeah, I trade with Elves all the time, What's the point in fighting a civ that uses wooden weapons and armour, it's far more fun to piss off civs that can actually fight back.
*Hugs*

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 05:40:54 am »

I use the Elves as training dummies, so my militias will be ready when a real challenge comes along.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 06:07:41 am »

Wimp.
Where's the training if there's no risk of death.
*Hugs*

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 06:29:09 am »

Wimp.
Where's the training if there's no risk of death.

Somewhere in between personal amusement and not charging face first into a goblin bowman siege and being horribly perforated because no one bothered to train dodging.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 06:33:33 am »

So self preservation is dwarfy now? I suppose I should go tell Shorast that swimming in magma to get a sock isn't a good idea then.
*Hugs*

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 07:23:15 am »

So self preservation is dwarfy now? I suppose I should go tell Shorast that swimming in magma to get a sock isn't a good idea then.

It... isn't?

:o
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
I heard that I died.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
It was inevitable.
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
Goodbye.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
Goodbye.

DisgruntledPeasant

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 07:54:33 am »

Y'see, I always plan on curing them of the elvishness with liberal application of dwarven medicine*,  but they keep on bringing me things like giant eagles that i can train for my army,  and as much as a dwarf should destroy elves beneath his iron boot I just cant say no to an army of giant eagles and scorpions...

*magma

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 08:26:07 am »

elves are for dumping all your usless stuff on them, and when you have a good way to get rid of that useless stuff, dump magma on them.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 08:37:22 am »

But the elves are a good way to get rid of that useless stuff. They actually want to take away your garbage. So do the humans and dwarves, but why limit yourself to two garbage disposers per year if you can have three?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: [1] 2