Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Artifact lists  (Read 7713 times)

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact lists
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 07:35:27 am »

Wow! neat stuff from everyone.  I'm going to spend way too much time drooling over these.

Here's my list.  No much, but not aweful.  I could pimp out one festive dwarf in cool-looking armor.  He might die quickly though...

Dwindledclobbered makes me smile.
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 09:52:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some notable ones:
Mergevoiced the Dispersed Musics (make your mind up!)
The Alchemical Violence, an adamantine short sword
The Spiteful Glee, another adamantine short sword
Spatteredskinny, another... well, let's just say that about three kobolds have made it off the map after being discovered, and those were because they ducked out of dwarven sight and I didn't feel like clearing up the mess.
The Taciturn Rampage...
The Harvester of Owls, not a sword but a statue (shock). I just really like the name and I have no idea why.
Coveracts THE BLOOD OF WRATH. It's a shield. But at least it's copper?
The Crested Mother, another name I just like.
Hornflame the Bites of Comedy, a green glass ring created by a dwarf who I think was possessed and refused the more expensive glass types. Ha ha ha. Enjoy your new title, you wanker.
A quern called The Delights of Chopping, in a fortress that does very little milling.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:25:01 am »

I feel remarkably inadequate.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 11:03:53 am »

Don't worry about it.  I'm probably never going to stick to a fort long enough to come close to some of these mega-lists, but short one's are fun too.  That's what she said.  Let's see what you got.  It would be hard to be less impressive than mine.
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 12:07:13 pm »

DS won, you can stop posting now.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 02:13:53 pm »

only 2 artifacts so far. the one that made me laugh most? thingy (lets say "sharped"), so Sharped, the green glass crow, encircled with a band of granite and adorned with - a picture of Sharped, the glass crown. I wonder if you can zoom enough if the images of the glass crown on the glass crowm embedded in the glass crown image of the glass crown go on for ever. I do know its worth a lot tho :D
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 02:30:11 pm »

Oh psh. As far as I'm concerned, the best part about artifacts are the occasionally hilarious names, and we can never get enough of that.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 03:37:34 pm »

Oh psh. As far as I'm concerned, the best part about artifacts are the occasionally hilarious names, and we can never get enough of that.

How old is your fort?  I've never seen so many artifacts!  My record was 13, in a ten year old fort.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 03:54:18 pm »

How old is your fort?  I've never seen so many artifacts!  My record was 13, in a ten year old fort.

Going on 90 years, at the moment. It's definitely an aberration, since most of my forts don't last past 10 or 15.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 10:11:13 pm »

Going on 90 years, at the moment. It's definitely an aberration, since most of my forts don't last past 10 or 15.

That's extraordinary.  Congrats!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: 1 [2]