Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diamondlegend, a modded, hardcore map  (Read 1673 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Diamondlegend, a modded, hardcore map
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:16:21 pm »

Welcome to Diamondlegend, where the streets run slick with blood and the screams of dwarves being eaten be eldritch abominations emanate far outside the halls! In this map, I have added in two mods: The Fortress Defense mod, adding eighteen new civilizations ready to pound my face in and the Holistic Spawn map, with evil creatures that want nothing more than to eat a sweet, sweet dwarvern heart!

The King looked down on Doren Tobulegast, the "lucky" dwarf who would lead the fortress of Diamondlegend during its child years. "You 'ave committed treason against the king, Dwarf. Do you know your punishment?" Stuttering, the dwarf replied, "A-Aye. 'Tis to have the hammerer's wrath be taken 'pon me, m' liege." With great laughter the King chided him. "Nothing so slight, Toublegast. The hammer was consider too... Soft for your actions. Instead, you will be leading an expedition." "No...No! Not the party to the goblin citadels! O-Or to lead the migrants to the Bladed Fortress, where no dwarves have returned from!". "Nay. 'Tis much worse. You, and six others, will be sent to a new, fledgeling fortress. You, of all people, should know the name, as you have revealed its location to the enemies of the empire. Have fun, Doren. Your screams shall echo in the halls of Diamondlegend. Be off with you, and assemble your crew!"

Here we were. Diamondlegends. Oh, why did I have to commit treason to the King? I had learned the locations, and had told all of our enemies its location. Now, here I was. This was supposed to be a sabotage mission, but now it has become suicide.  I prayed to Urrith, a god who's worship I had just taken up, for his generosity to spare me from the horrors that will come. At least I had set to work being a farmer, and didn't trade to be a soldier, like those other two saps, Rith and Dobar.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Diamondlegend, a modded, hardcore map
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:49:28 am »

PTW.
Is it a story, community or sucession game?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:34:27 pm »

It's the story of me *trying* to survive with two mods that are supposed to be extremely hard, but I might make it a succession if people are interested. Also, funny story: The name was not made be me. It was random genned after three tries. NOTE: Updates are currently on hold. I have trouble playing with ASCII, and I'm monkeying around with trying to get the graphics set properly installed.

EDIT: Okay, I think I got the graphics set up.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:48:27 pm by flameboy99 »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 08:29:05 pm »

Are these my Spawn you're using? If so, (a) cool! and (b) I can't promise that their virus bite will work, depending on whether/how extensively Fort Defense modifies the dwarf creature raws (I have zero familiarity with most popular mods). Everything else should still work fine, though.

@SpamBot:

Not quite, dear, but don't worry -- I'm sure you'll achieve proper sentience someday :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:30:55 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 08:37:42 pm »

Are these my Spawn you're using? If so, (a) cool! and (b) I can't promise that their virus bite will work, depending on whether/how extensively Fort Defense modifies the dwarf creature raws (I have zero familiarity with most popular mods). Everything else should still work fine, though.

@SpamBot:

Not quite, dear, but don't worry -- I'm sure you'll achieve proper sentience someday :)
Yes, actually, I am using your Spawn of Holistic mod. I hope it doesn't screw me over too much... Also, sorry about not posting an update. Life's been hectic, but I don't have anything planned in the upcoming days, so progress *should* be made soon! With luck, I may actually get to post later today.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 08:45:35 pm »

Posting to watch.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 08:51:20 pm »

Just realized that I failed with installing Holistic Spawn. So, I have to make a new fort. Imagine the same back-story, but the guy's name is different.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 10:23:55 pm »

Just realized that I failed with installing Holistic Spawn. So, I have to make a new fort. Imagine the same back-story, but the guy's name is different.

Make sure there are all the civilisations you want on the map. You might want to make it so only 2-5 entities of each type will be placed.

Oh, and see if any of those cause crashes. I've had that happen with the arrival of certain caravans.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.