Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Dawntide, an MMO in development  (Read 30868 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide, an MMO in development
« Reply #405 on: July 05, 2011, 12:27:13 pm »

Ahh cool, are their any sort of game changing spells? Like summoning or terrain changing or something? And how long do you think it will take for them to sort out the account? And the game is totaly clean right?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 05, 2011, 12:31:29 pm »

Ahh cool, are their any sort of game changing spells? Like summoning or terrain changing or something? And how long do you think it will take for them to sort out the account? And the game is totaly clean right?

Not sure about what the other magic schools do, but I don't believe terrain can be changed in this game. I'm not sure though, Light Forger must be a more experienced player and can answer this better than me :P

It shouldn't take long for them to sort the account, they appear to be very active and the game needs more people I guess.
The game is clean? Depends, there are naked girls on the beaches and.............joking, the game is clean in every sense..hahaha
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2012, 03:20:17 pm »

Well, looks like this project may be on it's last legs; I didn't expect them to launch when they said they would and I was right. They're now on Hiatus and out of funding entirely. http://www.dawntide.net/2012/03/12636

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2012, 03:25:11 pm »

What was this about?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 24, 2012, 10:19:23 am »

Anyone going to make a bet on when they will receive funding?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 24, 2012, 10:59:06 am »

Sidenote: My antivirus (nod32) is blocking access to the Dawntide page. Anyone know any reason why it might be doing so?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 24, 2012, 11:39:23 am »

Anyone going to make a bet on when they will receive funding?

I bet they won't.

I remember years after Van Buren (The Fallout 3 that was being made by Interplay) was canceled fans were still bitching that Interplay had made a huge mistake. Someone from Interplay finally came out and said "Some times a game needs to be canceled. Get over it."

Van Buren may or may not have been that game, but Dawntide seems to be. I spent time downloading it and making a character only to find the game completely unplayable. With my limited knowledge of the game and development it seemed like the developers spent all their time of features that did not matter.

The game has like 300 fans on facebook. Not exactly a big fanbase.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]