Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: coincidence or part of the game?  (Read 1388 times)

rolk112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
coincidence or part of the game?
« on: November 22, 2011, 09:03:06 pm »

2 different civilizations attacked me at the same time, and mid siege i was ambushed 2 other races, is this coincidence or does this happen a lot the longer your fortress survives? The races that did the siege were goblin and scavenger, and the ambushes were koblod and lizerdfolk. I use the genesis mod
This is DF.  The concept 'good idea' and the concept 'safe' do not belong together in the same sentence.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: coincidence or part of the game?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:25:18 pm »

Your Dwarf civ must have pissed off a lot of people. It's just a coincidence that they all attacked at once, you usually don't get that many attackers at one time. Though it's a lot more likely with Genesis Mod, with the sheer number of different races.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:53 pm »

If they're a reasonably close distance from eachother, civs that are only active one season a year might attack at the same time. They might even go at eachother's throats, IIRC.

rolk112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 09:32:08 pm »

ya, i think those races on all sides of me luckily the only ones that get along with each other are scavengers and koblod, so the rest tore each other apart   :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:41:37 pm by rolk112 »
This is DF.  The concept 'good idea' and the concept 'safe' do not belong together in the same sentence.