Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reproducible crash +save  (Read 527 times)

Zoston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reproducible crash +save
« on: November 14, 2007, 05:57:00 am »

Help save my fortress! I don't know what I'm doing wrong, the game just crashes out of the blue at around the same time. I've saved it so it crashes about 30s after you load this save. I don't have any older saves to go back to, and I love this fortress. I've just gotten the magma forges up and there's gold here, gold! I want to pave my floors with gold tiles and line the walls with gold statues   :( . O' great developers, is there anything you can do?
(My friend showed me this game just a week ago, so I've got the latest version from 1 nov.)
Link to rar of my game folder: http://www.sendspace.com/file/431ybv

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reproducible crash +save
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:32:00 am »

Its probably the seed price bug when the wagon appears. what does the gamelog.txt say after the crash? If that is the bug, the new release this friday will fix it.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

Zoston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:40:00 am »

Oooo, you're right. And it's already been fixed? Thank you! Thank you!  :)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 06:55:00 am »

Not wanting to make a new thread, since the other crash-topic is relevant to the trading-crash, I'll post here instead.

I've got a reproducible crash that involves sewing plant fiber images. I've got the materials to work with, some pig tail thread, and I've got things to sew the image onto, but the moment my crafter undertakes the task, the game goes ka-CRASH.

I thought it might be something with "goods produced off-site", since most of my clothing is bought, so I tried making plant fiber shoes to sew the images onto, and storing them near the shop, but it still crashed the moment he completed the second pair, since the next queued task was sewing.

I'll experiment more. It's not due to traders - I've played for a while figuring out what caused the crash, and right after I designated the sewing some 10 minutes into the game, it crashed.

I can provide the save, if there's anywhere to upload the file. I don't know any free servers barring imageshack and photobucket, which are for other needs.

[ November 15, 2007: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Okay, I am now completely positive that the cause of the crash is the clothier looking for material. What exactly happens is: I assign the task, the clothier runs off to get the item to sew the image on - usually some leather armor - and as soon as he picks it up, everything crashes. It is strange, because both looming (that looks for thread) and clothing (that looks for cloth) work fine. It crashed instantly when he was making a queue because he decided to sew the image onto the item he already got.

Also, the leather armors survived sewing leather images onto them no problem. It's not the problem of the items having an image, too, because he targeted non-image ones, and he's not always going for those armors.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India