Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vampires dont drink alcohol  (Read 7744 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires dont drink alcohol
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 01:06:53 am »

I can see blunt facial blows knocking out a teeth becoming a terminal illness in this thread.

Jyhad CCG was tons of fun, in group play.  I played that in the trailerpark late into the night, many nights.  We used to play it over IRC and email.  They ruined it with that kid friendly name.  Vampire the Masquerade.  Bleh!  No matter how ya dress up a vampire, its not kid friendly.  That was a dumb decision.

I remember taking my nephew to see Nemo, and the preview for Pirates of Caribbean came on the screen.  And the moon came out and it turned the pirates into skeletons.  He pissed himself.  Ya can't make undead kid friendly.  Its like making chocolate and ciggies healthy.  Teenager content possibly, but not for the kiddies. White Wolf shot themselves with that move.

I still have some cards, for their artwork.  The good old days when a deck of cards was under 10 bucks.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 06:51:52 pm »

I kind of like the example from The Vampire Diaries, where vamps drink hot coffee because it warms them, and the caffiene makes the blood circulate faster, and alchohol, because it helps them deal with their beastial urges (and also has some effect on blood circulation, acting-as alchohol does-as a muscle relaxer.).

Capsaicin would also increase blood circulation, and warm the body (or atleast the tongue), so that's another strong candidate.

Foods which are good for the heart, such as chocolate, fish oil, red wine, etc. might be desireable too, just for keeping the pipes clean. 

Also, vamps might retain their former preferences and dislikes, from when they were alive, so looking at one may tell you that it enjoys tallowed rum and bisquit roasts, or whatever, but the vamp may actually be trying to eat and drink other things, if you keep a close eye on that dwarf.

I think vamps might seek out heavily spiced foods, honey, herbs, salt, and other substances that would help preserve their bodies or atleast cover any strange odors, whenever they could get them, and which might also enhance the flavor of the blood they crave.
For they would be your masters.

yamgrenade

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels task: Is a Dumba**
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 09:56:26 pm »

Maybe have more experienced/older vampires eat and drink to avoid scrutiny, but fresher, noobier vamps just ignore it or only occasionally think to eat or drink.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 10:21:40 am »

Or give the Vamps an alignment.  The good ones, adopt pets to feed.  The bad ones, the unspeakable.  I'm fond of the black ribbon idea Pratchett used in his books.  Vampires should have unique traits that can be exploited just like dwarfs in the cavern, if they can curb their appetite. 

I agree Young Vamps, just learning to use their teeth should be good verminators.  Just like I would think bats and bees(insects) would not get along, I wouldn't expect Vamps and mammals, to get along.  But that isn't to say a beastmaster couldn't figure a way around that.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 12:38:26 pm »

Or give the Vamps an alignment.  The good ones, adopt pets to feed.  The bad ones, the unspeakable.  I'm fond of the black ribbon idea Pratchett used in his books.  Vampires should have unique traits that can be exploited just like dwarfs in the cavern, if they can curb their appetite. 

I agree Young Vamps, just learning to use their teeth should be good verminators.  Just like I would think bats and bees(insects) would not get along, I wouldn't expect Vamps and mammals, to get along.  But that isn't to say a beastmaster couldn't figure a way around that.

Sincerely,
Knutor
that would  be a good idea~!~
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 12:47:59 pm »

Dwarven vampires drink alcohol.

FACT!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 01:02:44 pm »

Drinking Dwarven blood is worse than drinking alcohol.

I mean, you get super booze concentrate in Dwarf Blood, how else are they so flammable?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 02:05:59 pm »

Vampires are like elves in fantasy, there's tons of different versions of them made by different authors. As long it has some sort of immortality involved and blood drinking, its a vampire to me :P
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 [2]