Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ushrir's Axe - A short Adventurer Mode Story  (Read 1071 times)

VarrgieCaelai

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES]
    • View Profile
Ushrir's Axe - A short Adventurer Mode Story
« on: January 10, 2015, 11:20:06 pm »

Ushrir Dreamkey was my friend, and my mentor. And now he, and the entire population of Scarletstone, are dead.
I swore by the day I raised Ushrir's axe that I, Momuz Cityvoices, would avenge his soul. And so I did. My band, a dwarven drunk and a human spearman, prepared for a long journey to slay a terrible beast that had dominated the world since the dawn of the universe: Thali Flameparches the Furnace of Diamonds, a fell dragon who resides in a place known as the Diamond Heat.
The Diamond Heat was far to the west of Soaredbeard, the place I was staying with my companions. We would have to cross through an expansive mountain range, and through goblin territory. It was going to be a difficult trek, but with Ushrir's masterwork armour protecting me, I did not fear the perils that may await.
For days we travelled through the Point of Recreations, fending off against wolf packs and even dingos, until finally, we escaped the mountains and reached the Diamond Heat.

I went in first, my companions at my back, and I snuck up behind the dragon. Drawing Ushrir's axe, I hacked into the beast's left rear foot, fracturing the bone! The dragon roared in pain, turning it's terrible face to me, fire emerging from its mouth. I blocked the dragon fire, but the beast claws me in the upper body. Luckily, Scarletstone's legendary armour deflects the attack with ease, and I dodge the beasts second attack. I swing my axe at the monster's head, leaving behind a great cut! The creature was stunned, and attempted to attack me again, but missed. My drunk companion attempted to punch the dragon, but misses, and receives a clawing to the belly, luckily only bruising his body. The spearman moved forward, stabbing the beast's left rear leg, tearing the muscle. But alas, the beast turned, claws poised, and knocked his head clean off his shoulders. I screamed in terror, then in hatred. I turned towards the dragon, and swung at the beast again. The dragon roars again, before falling unconscious. I smashed the beasts head, and cut out both of its eyes! I hack it's legs open, then I bash it's body and it's head again, fracturing it's skull! I lop off its tail, then slit open it's throat, then cut out its tongue! Then finally, I lift Ushrir's axe high in the air, and chop the beast's neck in twain!
Finally, Thali Flameparches was dead.

You have been avenged, my old friend.

(Singlehandedly triggered the end of the Age of Flameparches and started the Golden Age. Dwarven children will sing nursery rhymes about my adventurer for centuries. This is why I play Dwarf Fortress.)