Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225867 times)

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1230 on: February 29, 2012, 11:19:21 pm »

"Oh... good point Jaxler... well just keep close to me then. Umm... I guess I can miss training for this." I sit down next to the pegasus, watching the others. "I think protecting a civilian is a good enough reason. So, what's your name?"
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:25:18 pm by JaxtalMK2 »
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:59 pm »

Kat was somewhat surprised to be asked of her name, but then again, ponies in this forsaken fort seems to be awfully friendly. Not that it's a bad thing, mind you.

"oh, me? you can call me Kat." She answered and beam a smile at him, although far less energetic than moments ago. Looks like whatever kept her hyperactive stopped working. "and yours?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:44:47 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:48 pm »

"My name's Glyph, nice to meet you Kat." I settle in to watch the training.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 29, 2012, 11:43:51 pm »

Jaxler was lagging behind and finally worked his way down to the two ponies and sat down.

"So, the names Kat aye, my name is Jaxler. I'm known for picking fights and drinking, I'm also second in command of the guard."
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 29, 2012, 11:48:57 pm »

Kat continues her smiling, meeting new ponies is nice. yes.

"Nice to meet you, Glyph and Jaxler." She said, then perk her ears up with an ear twitch "oohh? you're the Second-in-command of the guards? Nice! i wanted to join the guards."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:44:59 am by vkiNm »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 29, 2012, 11:55:25 pm »

"That's good to hear, but if ya want to join then talk to Partisan. He'll probably let you in seeing how we really don't have any standards."

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:32 pm »

"Jaxler be polite! I'm sure she will be fine. I hope you get in Kat, I remember when I joined the militia. Was a really exiting day... for me at least."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 01, 2012, 12:11:21 am »

The Greyish mare perk her ears up, slightly wide-eyed. it's hard to tell what's going on inside her head, but clearly she's not very pleased..

"d-.. don't have any standards?.. w.. what.." She seems to have lost that Energetic self of hers almost completely, stuttering a little as if there's something stuck in her chest. "n.. nevermind.." her ears drooped down and, maybe they might be thinking things or seeing stuff by themselves, but she seems to gain a shade more grey somehow.. But it's probably just the lighting.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:45:11 am by vkiNm »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 01, 2012, 12:24:15 am »

"first off, asking me to be polite is like asking me to stop breathing. second off, I wasn't insulting you, I was insulting the guard. to be honest we could use a pony like you."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 01, 2012, 12:29:01 am »

"well.. um.. okay. But, why'd you want to insult the guards? i mean, you are one. right? doesn't really makes any sense."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:48:46 am by vkiNm »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 01, 2012, 12:40:17 am »

"I understand that it may seem strange that I insult a group that I'm part of but if we don't acknowledge our problems then they don't go away. Anyway, before you even think of joining the guard I need to ask you something important; are you willing to die in the place of any pony in the entire fort no mater what?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 01, 2012, 12:50:40 am »

Kat smiles up again, but this time, it seems rather.. dark.. somewhat. Not the normal kind of smile, but maybe a sad one? understanding one? it's a different kind of smile..

"well, Everything dies sooner or later. One way or another. If i were given a duty, then i'll do that Duty. I didn't move across the ocean into the city then into some forsaken fort in the middle of nowhere just to die of old age. If i wanted to be safe and live long, then i would've stayed home and never came here. To me, Death is common. To answer your question, right now? No. I were not given duty to die for another pony who would die later anyway. Unless that Pony is special to me. But Give me a Duty, and i'll live, And die, by it. Even if it means to die for another pony that i don't even know their names in order to protect their life so they can live a little longer than me." She answered. Surprisingly calm considered the topic they're talking about.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:48:56 am by vkiNm »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 01, 2012, 12:59:19 am »

Jaxler liked the answer
"so you know how the world works... I'll tell Partisan that you answered correctly."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:05:15 am by jaxler »

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 01, 2012, 01:16:30 am »

I nod, "That's good... well mostly good. I don't like the thought of not caring about whether a pony lives or dies just because it's not my duty... if someone attacks the pen-foals everyone fights... or at least everyone should..."

My mind goes back, and a faraway look enters my eyes, as a memory I'd rather forget resurfaces. Tears begin to mist my vision. 'That... nopony should do that... to just run...'

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 01, 2012, 01:28:34 am »

Kat Crossed her front legs together and lay her head down, ears drooping slightly as she rest her chin on her front legs.

"Foals.. Foals are special to me. Innocent white papers... Everypony have a duty to protect their younglings.. since they can't do it themselves. Most of the time, you can choose how will you die. Standing and protecting.. or later, fleeing away. All with their own reasons.. i don't care. Somepony runs to come back and win the fight the next day. Somepony runs because they're just simply scared.. some runs because they're a coward. I think it's just silly to be afraid of death. It's just.. there.. you know what i mean? No matter how fast you run, how far you run, it's there. If i can choose, i'd choose die standing with my front facing death itself rather than letting myself getting chased down like an animal. Besides, If you're going to die anyway.. might aswell make it worthwhile and memorable. no?"

She finished her rather long speech.. then rests her forehead onto her front legs. She seems.. tired. Not the sleepy kind of tired. Maybe she've cried about this enough times to not be tired anymore? who knows.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:49:06 am by vkiNm »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 239