Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 226526 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2012, 10:16:35 pm »

I removed what was up here after posting what is down there... yep
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:11:22 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2012, 10:51:06 pm »

the two ponies get up (Falcata and Glavie) wile the rest of the room stares at him, Jaxler then says "what i like this seat". Falcata punches him in the face, Jaxler doesn't move an inch and says "uh... ow why'd ya do that" Stiletto was coming to as Jaxler took another two punches not even flinching, jaxler then says "I'm not gonna be subdued unless you actually use your weapon... or you stop hitting me, and talk it out... and if you keep hitting me i'd love to punch you in the face" all said with a clam voice as another punches flies through the air and hits him in the face. Stiletto now fully awake grabs Jaxler by the neck. Jaxler hits the ground knocked out (or he blacked out from alcohol poisoning).
          Jaxler woke up chained to a tree and says "damn its only 2 P.m., ug why don't I remember anything after punching that alicorn last night, AW FUCK THE SUN, aw my eyes... oh now I know, I must have blacked out after that forth barrel of wine, but why am I chained to a tree, oh the DAMN alicorn must have gotten up and done something while I was blacked out (had to wait for me to get knocked out... coward, can't just let a pony black out in peace, O SHIT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET TO THE TRAINING SESSION, shit my head, I should try not yell like that again, ug what do I do about this god damn chain, hay why is that guy walking to me... in armor, oh there is two, wait three, wait... oh shit ether I'm getting punished, executed, or released. man this hangover should be enough punishment...  then he yelled with a happy calm voice HAY YA HOW YALL BEEN, NICE TO SEE YOU GUYS, AM I GETTING EXECUTED!"... ah damn why did I yell...

I'll leave what happens from here to you Telgin.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:47:25 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2012, 11:24:46 pm »

Alright, I'll edit this post with what happens to Jaxler.  Omicega, KingStrongbeard, feel free to continue your scene if you want.  Stiletto would be happy to deal with the insubordinating pegasus. ;)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2012, 01:33:58 am »

Alright, I'll edit this post with what happens to Jaxler.  Omicega, KingStrongbeard, feel free to continue your scene if you want.  Stiletto would be happy to deal with the insubordinating pegasus. ;)

just remember Jaxler the pony can take alot of pain, ALOT OF PAIN.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2012, 01:37:04 am »

JAXLER, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, STOP USING THE RED COLOR SO MUCH!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2012, 02:08:10 am »

She submerges her face in her drink, guzzling plenty, before resurfacing to answer:
"Pretty much the same way I imagine most everypony else got here. The King heard word that Dawnpick was up and running, I guess, and soon enough posters asking for volunteers to venture out and help make it into a proper town were put up everywhere. I was just a low-ranking axepony in the city guard, and there's really no need for one so big back at Coupledye; it's practically crime-free. So, naturally, being young and headstrong, I made the decision to migrate. After all, sounded like a great little adventure to me," she says, rolling her eyes a bit.

Sitting back down, Glaive decides to ignore the recent outburst, and to just try to return to his conversation, and to his dinner.

"So, uh, we where talking about how you came here, and you where rolling your eyes. Do you regret the decision now that your here?"

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2012, 02:48:11 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:53 pm by Omicega »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2012, 03:08:08 am »

Stiletto walks from the dining hall with Jaxler in magical tow, stoically ignoring the intense ache in her eye.  She imagined she could feel a little blood trickling from the corner of her eye, but she really didn't care.  This insolent stallion wasn't going to just get away with this, drunk or not.

Now, the question was, should she handle it herself?  Let Virtue handle it, or hand him over to one of the captains?  Partisan has been bumped up to captain of a new rapid response force and that's who Jaxler had been assigned to, but Halberd or Naginata would probably be a bit more creative on how to handle this.  Virtue could find out about it later.  She was a bit soft about these things, if Stiletto had to guess.

Huh, come to think of it, they didn't even have a jail yet.  Hadn't needed one.  Why did this pony have to come and mess that up?  Had to happen eventually, she imagined.

Well, this time of night, Halberd, Naginata and Partisan wouldn't be on duty, so she'd just tie him up somewhere maybe.  They could deal with him in the morning, and he'd have some time to think about what he'd done.

Update will come tomorrow, barring catastrophe.  I've been sick all day, so I haven't played DF.  And I'm liking this interchange.  :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:14:02 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2012, 03:53:14 am »

Glaive smiles.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I came here for similar reasons. To understand why I came you need a bit of background. You see, being a soldier is just part of being in my family. Has been for generations now, it's what we're good at."

He gestures to his cutie mark, a pair of crossed bronze axes, behind a steel kite shield.

"It's in the blood you know. Growing up there was no question that I'd join the army just like my Pa and his Pa before him, and his Pa before him and so on. I didn't always like that, having my future just decided for me before I was old enough to make up my own mind, obviously I came around to the idea, but well that's another story for another time."

"I came to Dawnpick after completing my first tour of duty in the army. A dreadfully uninteresting campaign, I'll have to bore you about it some other-time. I had dreams of coming here to the 'edge of civilization' and carving a name for myself. Honor and Glory and all that, with a big adventure, an enemy worth fighting, and a fortune to be made. The things every young bored soldier dreams about I'd imagine. I've been in Dawnpick a little over a year, and while I don't regret coming here for an instant. It wasn't what I was expecting."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2012, 11:16:20 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:57 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2012, 04:22:56 pm »

"Ay, that it does. I said I wasn't always sure I wanted to be a soldier, well their was an event in my foalhood that changed that. It's, not an event I like to talk about. But suffice it to say, I learned that day, that often it's not about fighting to kill your enemy, it's about fighting to protect something or somepony worth protecting."

"Aye, but this conversation has taken a turn toward the somber, let's talk about something else. What about you? What's your family like?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2012, 04:47:55 pm »

JAXLER, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, STOP USING THE RED COLOR SO MUCH!

well I edited the post is it any better?

Update will come tomorrow, barring catastrophe.  I've been sick all day, so I haven't played DF.  And I'm liking this interchange.  :)

oh, that sounds fun... hope I don't die
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:06:01 pm by jaxler »

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:23:01 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2012, 05:16:43 pm »

"Your dad should be proud of you. You're an amazing fighter, just think of what you did to those evil eye things."

Glavie waits for a moment as Falcata takes another bite of her food.

"uh, You've got a bit of food on your face, here." Says Glavie telekinetically lifting a napkin to her. He pauses for a moment, considering to himself whether it would flirtatious or creepy to wipe it off himself. His impulse to do it himself overrides his possibly better judgement and he gently wipes the smudge from Falcata's face, with the napkin. He immediately has second thoughts, and braces for her response.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2012, 05:54:24 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:23:05 pm by Omicega »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 239