Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225591 times)

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1920 on: March 18, 2012, 04:54:25 pm »

"Yeah, now that you mention it, why are there splinters everywhere?"

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 18, 2012, 05:25:01 pm »

"Really? Even if it was only a chair, that pony has no business flaunting her magic offensively in a place of healing. Or putting on some sort of scary magical display."
Falcata snorts defiantly, getting a bit worked up.
"She can be as dangerous as she wants; if she ever lays a hoof on you she'll have me to answer to, and no amount of magic would save her. If she really does want to intimidate us, let her try; it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Nor will it. We are each other's, and whatever her people might think, I will have no part in it."

Glaive is filled with a mix of relief and more than a bit of pride when he hears Falcata's words.

They reach the entrance to the housing complex.

"I'm glad you feel that way Falcata. But I don't know what we do now. Stiletto and Flux have a lot of...friends. They could make things hard on us."

Glaive takes one of Falcata's hooves with his left (the unbroken one) but can't bring himself to look her in the eyes. "And with Flux in jail, they will likely blame me. We probably haven't heard the last of this."

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 18, 2012, 05:40:01 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:56:21 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 18, 2012, 05:54:37 pm »

Glaive looks into Falcata's eyes. He was free of all doubts, he was ready, but now wasn't the time or place for it. But he knew it would be soon. The day of their first flight was fast approaching. Glaive was almost confident enough in his magic to try cloud-walking with her, and then on that day he would do it. He would ask her the question that had been busying his mind for months.

"Thank you Fal, and know that I will always stand by your side, through anything." Glaive touches his forehead to hers, his eyes are closed. "No matter what."

((End Scene.))

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 18, 2012, 07:24:25 pm »

"Yeah, now that you mention it, why are there splinters everywhere?"

Panacea is silent for a moment and considers he next words carefully.  She didn't want to aggravate the situation with Stiletto, and it was no secret that Jaxler wasn't fond of her.  But what was a plausible explanation?

"Um... there was an accident with some magic... nothing to worry about."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 18, 2012, 07:55:10 pm »

"Well, I'd hate to piss off whoever did that."

After that remark Jaxler got up and made his way out the door.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 18, 2012, 08:02:24 pm »

"Well that sounds interesting. Anyway, thanks for taking a look at that Panacea!" I follow suit and leave as well.

((end scene?))

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 19, 2012, 08:28:28 am »

((This scene takes place shortly before the departure of the zebra caravan, and before Flux went to prison for harming Glaive.))

Sekashi was intrigued by Indigo questioning her about zonies and bastards. He thought himself clever, and tactful, but she's been around, and could read between the lines. Despite his age he was still such a foalish fool and needed to be taught a lesson about life. How could she refuse to help him? The gods themselves put him on her way. Besides, It will do him and the ponies around him a lot of good. On the eve of the caravan's departure she prepared herself, took a flagon of a special wine with her, and in the evening went to the Craftpony's workshop to meet the pony. She wasn't wearing any clothes, just her usual jewelry. Indigo was working on a stone pot, and didn't even notice her approach. She sneaks on him pretty closely, and puts a hoof on his rump. "Hello Indigo."

He is as startled by her touch as he was as focused on his work. "Whoa... Oh, hello Sekashi. I haven't expected you. I made everything you requested. Is there anything else you need?" Why would she touch me like that? She is usually not this direct.

Sekashi smiles playfully. "Why, it would be rather late for that, don't you think? I've come to celebrate all the good trade we have done, and say goodbye to my friend." She gestures towards the flagon, she is skillfully balancing on her back.

"Ah. Of course we can talk." He looks at his pot. "I'm almost done, can I finish this first?"

"Certainly, I would never dream of interrupting your important work." Sekashi smirks looking at the pot, and a few finished ones next to it. Without a word he turns back towards the pot to continue his work. He didn't even get the sarcasm. Sekashi is patiently watching him smoothing the stone for the next half hour. He is pretty good at it, but she has seen him work before, and that is not why she is here today. Nonetheless her presence makes him work faster and better.

Indigo finishes the pot, looks over it one last time, checking for flaws, decides that it is quite an ≡Exceptional≡ piece, and puts it away. He turns towards the waiting zebra. "I'm done for today, are you hungry? I can take you to the dining hall."

"Actually I want to see how you live and talk to you without a crowd of noisy ponies. Why don't you get the food from your kitchens, and we go to your place?"

Indigo frowns I don't think there are any rules against inviting our guests to the dormitory, but is it proper? Well, I guess we've known each other for some time, and there is no harm in inviting her. "I... alright, what would you like to eat?"

"Why, I'm not picky. I'm sure, you can think of something suitable."

"Ah... Yes, come with me." He leads her towards the well and cleans himself, then they go to the dining hall. He enters alone and leaves ten minutes later levitating a tray with cups, pots, salad, fish soup, and carrot juice. Finally they go to his room. A few ponies eye them curiously, but say nothing. Indigo's room is on the second floor and the same size as all the others in the dormitory. It is big enough for a family with a few foals, so it is pretty spacious for a single pony. A lamp under the ceiling and another on the table are the only light sources, and Indigo lights them both up with his magic. Everything is clean, and neatly arranged on its place. He puts the food on the table, and gestures for her to sit. They start with the soup. Indigo says "I'm hungry, let's eat" and begins to gulp his portion quickly.

Sekashi looks at him. "Don't eat so sloppy."

"Humph?"

"Taste the food." She takes a sip of the soup, and chews on it slowly.

Indigo stops slouching, and eats slower. "It is good."

"So why not enjoy it?"

Indigo frowned. "Food is just for sustenance. I eat quickly to do other things... but I suppose there is no rush now."

Sekashi smiles, nods, and they both enjoy their own bowls, looking at each other. When they are finished with the soup she adds. "And even during the day an extra few minutes for a meal won't make a difference. Celebrating a meal is a very simple exercise."

"Exercise?" asks Indigo.

"Yes, you asked me to teach you how to meditate."

"I tried, and wasn't any good at it. You said, I think and worry too much."

"You still do, but you just enjoyed a meal without worrying, didn't you?"

"I guess."

"Tell me, when you work with your stones, what do you think about?"

"I look at them, notice all the little details and imagine how it looks inside until I see what parts to remove. Then I do it."

"Focusing on one thing, and one thing only. That is also an exercise. You can do the same with eating, walking, even breathing." Indigo starts thinking about it, remembering his work at the workshop, and not even noticing, that Sekashi poured each of them a cup of her wine. "Want a drink?"

"Hm? Oh, I don't drink alcohol. I’ll have juice."

She cocked her head playfully. "Never ever? Not even with your friends?"

"Well, sometimes," he sighs, "but I don't like, what it does to me."

"It is alright to enjoy a drink once in a while. Just don't make drinking into a habit." She gives him a sly smile. "Besides, it is rude to deny a gift".

"Well, if you insist. One cup won't kill me." He takes a small sip of her wine. It is pretty strong for his standards, and tastes of some herbs.

"That's the spirit." They proceed with the salad, drinking their wine. She pours each of them another cup, but after that he refuses, and drinks carrot juice instead.

"So what did you want to talk with me about?" asks Indigo. It is getting late, and Indigo is slightly drunk, but for some reason isn't even sleepy.

"Oh, nothing in particular. I just want to spend some time with you, before I leave with my people."

"Ah well, thank you. I thought you wanted to discuss my crafts or the Ocean Breeze incident."

"I already told you, what we need. I have seen the filly, and the incident is a thing of the past."

"Past? But it is still fresh."

"It ended happily." More or less. "The filly found another home, and your friend is still with his familly. This thing doesn't even concern you directly, and you could make it worse by trying to help. You made the right choice to let other ponies work it out. There is no need to worry about it." I need to talk to him, like to a foal.

"But what of the implications? Carmine was ostracized. He was even threatened by a guard. I'm afraid, what it can mean..."

"For you? Are you afraid of your own guards?"

"I... don't know. And I shouldn't even be telling you this..."

Sekashi just laughs. He still doesn't get it. "You silly pony, your guards would do anything to protect the foals, and much to protect you." She waits for it to sink, then adds "If you are still afraid of them, then don't give them a reason to mistreat you. It is as simple as that."

Indigo thinks about it for a while. "You're right. They never mistreated me. I worry too much."

Sekashi looks at him with a spark in her eye. "You can also train yourself to fight."

"What? Why?"

Sekashi lashes out, and pins him to the ground before he has time to react, puts a hoof in his mouth, then whispers in his ear "To be prepared for the unexpected. Guards will do what they can, but they won't always be there for you." After a few heartbeats she gracefully jumps to her hooves, releasing him.

For a moment Indigo is to stunned to do anything, but then rolls on his hooves. Still, despite the shock the sensation of her body touching his was far from unpleasant. She is soft and warm, while muscular. Am... am I getting turned on? "How... why did you do that?"

"You weren't paying attention. I wanted to wake you up."

"But I'm not asleep," protests Indigo.

"Oh? Can you see the cricket that has been chipping in your room all evening? Can you hear the guard walking the corridor outside? Your heart beating? Yourself breathing?"

Indigo listens to the cricket, then finds the source of sound. There are indeed steps of metal horseshoes on the corridor. Focusing on his own breath and heartbeat is only slightly harder. Those things were clearly there the whole time, but they were the background. They didn't matter. Why would she be pointing them out? He tries to hear her breath, but can't. She is watching him the whole time, smiling. "How is it that you hear these things?"

"How is it that you do not?" Sekashi laughs.

Is this her way of telling me to be aware of my surroundings, and notice things from small clues? He notices something else. "I think there is a pony crying."

"A foal, behind this wall."

Indigo looks at the wall and frowns. "Granite. He is nothing but trouble for everypony."

"Is that so? Maybe that is his way of asking for help?"

"Help? He is not my responsibility. He has parents. And how would I help him anyway? He just drinks, breaks stuff, and annoys ponies. I don't want him to be like that, but what can I do?" She just said, I was right to stay out of Ocean Breeze incident, but wants me to try and help this foal? This is insane zebra logic at it’s finest!

A cloud briefly passes over her face. "That is for you to find out. But know this: you live in a small community, and a suffering pony affects others. Finding a way to help him may help you too."

Indigo frowns at that. Perhaps helping this foal will be easier than helping Carmine "Maybe I could try to help him find something to do. He must have some calling in life." Well, unless he is destined to become another Jaxler. This line of thought is interrupted by Sekashi touching him again. He didn't even notice her getting next to him.

"Why are you so tense all the time?" asks Sekashi.

Whoa... why are you so close to me? "Tense?" He makes a few small flexing movements. "What do you mean, tense? I feel fine."

"Your whole body is tense. It is as if you are wearing armour made from your muscles, but it doesn't protect you. It just slows you down, and tires you. Limits your movements. Try to loosen up."

What the hay is she talking about? This makes no sense at all. "I feel normal, and if I relax my muscles, I'll fall to the floor."

Sekashi laughs. "You think so? Lie on your bed than, and try it."

I know I asked her to teach me some things, but can it get any crazier? "Fine, let's see." Indigo lies on his bed on his tummy, with his legs stretched in every direction, and tries to relax. After a moment he shifts his pillow for easier breathing. He feels somewhat relaxed, and for some reason isn't sleepy, even though it is getting late. He closes his eyes. The cricket is still chipping. Is it getting hot in here?

Sekashi observes him for a while, lifts his fore hoof, and drops it back. "You are still tense. Here, let me help you." she jumps on the bed and begins massaging him, releasing the tension, working the hardness out of his muscles. "Breathe and relax."

To Indigo this is just unexpected as it is pleasant. He begins to relax, and almost lets his guard down. Why am I getting turned on by a zebra? What is she doing? Is she trying to seduce me? Would she? I made it pretty obvious, I wouldn't marry a zebra. She seemed responsible, and understanding. Is she trying to trick me?

Sekashi notices the shift in his mood. He is ashamed of his body, and how it reacts to mine She whispers in his ear: "Do you know, why I'm really here? I have a gift for you."

"Another gift?" Indigo is intrigued. She already gave me some wine and massage. What gift? Does she want me to be happy so she can exploit it? He tenses even more, opens his eyes, and perks his head to look at her. Why is my horn glowing like that?

"I can spend the night with you if you want."

"WHAT? You mean..." Indigo stands up, throwing her off of him, and Sekashi lands gracefully next to his bed. He looks at her in shock I knew she wanted something!

"Yes," she flexes, "what's the matter? Is it because I'm a zebra? Don't you like my stripes?" His expression is priceless.

Indigo is shocked by this turn of events. I should have known "W... we can't. We're not married!"

Sekashi gives him some more breathing space, by moving two steps backwards, and sits on her rump. "Yes, neither you, nor me is married."

"You... Is that your way of offering to marry me? I don't even... Where would we live?"

Sekashi laughs "Silly pony. No, I'm not offering you marriage, just this night."

"You mean... you're one of them? But... I thought you were more responsible. What if there is a foal?"

"Ah, so you don't want another zony bastard who has no place among your or mine people. That is responsible of you." she gives him a sly smile "But do you think, that I can't take care of my own foals? Or that I can't brew moon tea to prevent pregnancy? There will be no foals."

"You have foals? But you said, you were unwed!" says Indigo, angrily.

Sekashi sighs "I was married twice, and am divorced now. My foals are all grown up. I don't need more of them, thank you for your concern." says Sekashi calmly The moment is gone.

Indigo doesn't like what he is hearing. "Divorce? But what about commitment and enduring together? Do promises and contracts mean nothing to you?"

Sekashi sighs "It doesn't always work like that. A relationship can work for a while, and then one of you moves on, until your philosophies differ too much for staying together to make sense. It is better to divorce, and stay friends than be forced to suffer each other for life. That way each of you can find a more suitable partner. I'm even friends with my first husband's second wife."

More insane zebra logic! Indigo listens with growing disgust "That sounds awfully convenient. Part of marriage is commitment. Looking after each other. What if one of you gets sick? What about the foals when you divorce?"

Funny how he is lecturing me on marriage. Silly pony doesn't even see the irony. Sekashi breaths in and out. "None of us was sick. We didn't abandon one another in need. We just decided, this was be for the best. As for foals, they were taken care off, and saw both their parents. Do you think it would be better for them to watch their parents fighting all the time?"

Indigo just glares. She is clearly wrong, but what can I say to this? He grits his teeth. "What you are proposing is still sexual misconduct."

"Oh?" she cocks her head and flexes again, now standing with her side to him "I am not forcing you. None of us is married, so this is not a violation of an oath. There won't be any foals or diseases. I explained all of this to you. How is that misconduct?"

Indigo keeps looking at her, and frowns It still feels wrong, but what can I say to her? "Why me? Surely there are some zebras interested... And I never gave you a reason to... And I know, I'm not so attractive... Why me?" Her offer does sound tempting. I'm... I'm blushing?!

Sekashi laughs "Because it would do you a world of good." She cocks her head. "What's the matter? Have you never been with a mare before?"

"That is none of your business!” He looks at her smiling and sighs. “Fine, I'll tell you. I was never married, but I know enough to do my duty as a husband."

"Oh?" she curls her lips. That’s just the thing a bride wants on her wedding night; a husband who knows how to do his duty.

He sighs again. "I... shamed myself... with a mare."

She laughs again. This is getting interesting "Shamed yourself? Oh yes, that must have been a truly memorable experience."

He just glares.

"So? Tell me about it."

This has gone too far anyway. I might as well tell her. "We... we were engaged. We were in love... or so we thought. We were supposed to wait until after marriage. It... it was her idea. I should have refused... known better. Instead, I gave in. We were discovered, separated, and drafted. She died in a battle." He looks somber. My would be wife was weak.

"I'm sorry for you. I really am. Was that your only time?" She moves in closer to hug him. This explains a lot.

He notices her approach, and moves away. "Don't."

He wasn't so opposed to me giving him a massage. She stops. "Was that your only time?"

"I went to a... a courtesan. Twice. But that wasn't what I wanted. And I was never rich. I couldn't afford her anyway. And I never negotiated another marriage contract after the scandal. There was always another buck who got married instead of me. Eventually my desire waned, and I gave up." Until recently, it seems. Does she even know, what she is doing to me? He looks on the floor. "So now you understand. I told you everything."

Sekashi isn't really turned on by this turn of events, but still rather fond of this silly pony, and she still wants to help him. She hugs him.

Indigo is very confused at this point. "Stop!" I want to... but I can't. This is not right. My body is betraying me!

She complies and moves away. Is he beyond help? "Why? I can see, how you want it."

"And then what? Your caravan leaves tomorrow. You won't stay with me. I'll miss you, and suffer for it. How can you even suggest it? Do you even know, what it will do to me?"

Sekashi looks at him, and laughs. She laughs hard. "You silly pony. There are some unmarried mares here, if you look around."

"And you think this is going to improve my chances with any of them? Why are you laughing? And calling me silly?"

This lesson needs to be harsher than I intended. "You are being silly, and it is only fitting to find fools funny. Why would they persist so hard at their foolishness if they did not wish us to laugh at them?”

This ridicule is unbearable to Indigo. "GET OUT! Your insane zebra logic is silly, not me!"

She slowly does so, laughing even harder, and swinging her hips as she walks.

((continued below))

================================

((I can't rhyme, and I assume she speaks midpony well, being a trader and all.))

((To those who thought, that I was going to write a proper clopfiction or a "fade to back", I dedicate this video))

((Well, I actually entertained the idea of an alternate ending, where he gives in. She leaves before dawn (without stealing anything). He wakes up later, and alone. He misses her, but what troubles him most is that he doesn’t feel guilty for what he did last night. He also cares less about Stiletto’s group excesses. There would be no after-scene with the guards with this ending.))

((I am role playing Indigo, but also in part GMing him, due to lack of a proper GM in this thread. As Indigo's GM it is my right... no, my duty to keep him miserable. It is more !fun! that way. On the other hoof alternate ending, where he gives in would also have some potential for !fun!))

((Telgim, moon tea from the zebras can be an in-game explanation for capping the foals))
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:10:02 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 19, 2012, 08:28:46 am »

((continued from above))

This ridicule is unbearable to Indigo. "GET OUT! Your insane zebra logic is silly, not me!"

She slowly does so, laughing even harder, and swinging her hips as she walks.

Earlier today Stiletto saw a blue unicorn and a zebra walking towards the dormitories. A few hours have passed since then. Shortly before midnight Stiletto decided to go visit Kat. When she is walking the corridor connecting the rooms on the second floor, she hears some yelling, and then sees a zebra exiting one of the rooms, laughing very hard. She is not wearing any clothes, just jewellery and is seductively swinging her hips.

"Miss are you lost?” asks Stiletto. “Do you need help with anything?"

Sekashi looks at the big Alicorn, and doesn't stop laughing. "Thank you for concern, I'll find my way." She continues walking towards the stairs.

Indigo is filled with conflicting emotions, but somehow seeing her leaving makes him recompose himself. He notices the bottle she left on the table, and trots towards the door. He sticks his head out of the room, carrying a bottle of wine with telekinesis "You forgot this."

The zebra still laughs her rump off, but looks back at him "Keep it. It is a gift. It may do you some good one night."

He normally avoids alcohol, but doesn't really care at this point. "I should escort you to the depot."

"I'll find my way."

He just looks on with shock, disbelief, desire, and confusion as the zebra walks on towards the stairs and then out of sight, still laughing her rump off. I thought she was a friend. How could she do this to me? Then he notices Stiletto, and retreats back to his room. The bottle apparently forgotten on the floor.

Stiletto picks up the bottle of wine and taps lightly on Indigo’s door "Sir, you left your a bottle outside."

Indigo yells from inside the room: "I don't bucking want her bucking wine!" Then he kicks his bed. "And I'm not a sir. I work for a living!" another kick.

Stiletto gives the stairs where she can still hear the zebra's laughter a sidelong look, but is pulled to attention by the sound of kicking "Are you aright in there S... Mister."

Indigo groans, then says "Nothing to report."

"If you are sure, but this wine was a gift, it is a little bit rude to turn down a gift." says Stiletto, looking at the bottle he forgot outside.

Indigo opens the door. Stiletto stands close enough to see the inside. It is tidy and lit by two lamps, one under the ceiling, another one on the table. There is some leftover food on the table, and the sheets on the bed are ruffled. This looks like a romantic dinner gone wrong. The unicorn is clothed and slightly out of balance. He quickly snatches the wine, and puts it in a corner with telekinesis. He then looks at Stiletto. "Fine, I'll keep it." He appears rather distressed, and looks at her with a mix of emotions on his face. At first mostly anger and fear, but desire is there as well, and seems to be winning. His horn starts glowing, he blinks, blushes, and does his best to look at her hooves.

"Are you sure you all right? You look as if you might be concerned with something." asks Stiletto with worry in her voice.

Indigo looks at Stiletto, exhales, blushes and looks at her hooves again. His expression shifts to anger. "Concerned? Oh I bucking am concerned. By all these crazy, perverted mares, spreading depravity. Including you!" He points his hoof at Stiletto, sways to the side, but manages to keep standing, and looks angry.

"Are you inebriated Mister?" asks Stiletto, frowning.

"What?” Indigo looks at his own hoof. “I think so." then he looks back at Stiletto, again with mixed hatred and desire, then at her hooves. "So what if I am? Jaxler gets drunk all the time."

"If you have impaired judgement, you should think very carefully about any action you take. Jaxler is not a role model, and personally I feel he should take his jobs more seriously."

"What action? And I don't drink. She gave it to me." His fear seems mostly gone, but anger, desire and confusion are still there.

Stiletto nods and looks it the direction of the caravan "Do you know her well then?"

"Humph? Do I ever know a pony well? I thought she was a friend. I thought Kat was a friend too". He sadly looks at the floor. "But you! You are not a friend! I know that!" He points his hoof at her again.

"I do not really know you, that is true, you have never introduced yourself to myself." She uses her magic to lift her hat off and then bows. "I am Stiletto TrustedGood, I am quiet pleased to make your acquaintance."

Indigo is rather shocked by the gesture, then says. "Well I'm NOT pleased to meet you. You're trouble, not me!" He then adds "So what... What do you want from me? I did nothing. And you're militia, not a guard."

Stiletto raises her head back up and gives him a stern look "Do you have something against Destuchmeiner? I was concerned you might need help, you are a very rude pony though, not even returning a proper introduction."

Indigo is only slightly scared by this, and too angry to care. "I have something against you! I don't care about the rest of your kind, I don't know them! And I can be rude if I want to. I don't need your bucking help!"

Stiletto shakes her head slowly "If that is how you feel, rude pony, I will take my leave of you." she turns to the hall.

"Fine! I want nothing more from you!" Indigo closes the door, and groans.

Kat slams her door open, bed-hair, messed coat, rustled nightgown that she wears while she sleeps. She clearly have been woken up and she's not pleased one bit about it. "What... the hell.. is going.. on...?"

Stiletto looks to see Kat come out of her door "The rude pony next door to you felt the need to insult me for trying to help him, meine Leibe."

Kat sighs and face-hoofs as she slowly flies over. "What's his problem this time?"

"I think he is quiet inebriated by some wine he received as a gift from a very nice looking zebra merchant." says Stiletto.

Indigo kicks his bed again, then groans.

Kat wipes her eyes slightly before letting out a yawn. "Mm... who knows? maybe he got drugged or something... maybe we should check him out and see if he's not going insane or something... He could be dangerous if he is."

Indigo kicks his bed again. "Bucking insane zebras and their insane logic!" Another kick and a groan.

"You check on him, he has already dismissed me. I shall go to the caravan and make some inquiries."

"Neigh, you're staying here and I'm fixing whatever problem he's having with you. He already keeps saying that you're trouble and not wanting me to be your friend or something. I'm not going to put up with it any more." says Kat, quietly enough so Indigo wouldn't hear.

"Alright meine Leibe, but I really think I should at least check on the Zebras before they leave tomorrow. We do not want to get a reputation for mistreating caravans." says Stiletto.

Indigo trots back and forth in his room and groans again.

"We could do that when we leave and are more decent. but for now, let's focus on the problem at hoof." Says Kat, then knocks on the door a few times with her hoof.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" Indigo shouts, angrily. "You said, you were leaving!"

"I haven’t said a single thing to you tonight yet Indigo." Kat called out.

"Whoa? Kat? This... is not a good time."

Stiletto looks herself over "I am fully dressed Kat. Oh dear he does not sound good."

Kat knocks on the door a few more times "Common Indigo, open up. We need to talk... unless... you know? you don't want to talk or something like that."

"I told you, it is not a good time. And you... you're one of them! I told you to buck off you crazy, perverted mares!" yells Indigo, and the door doesn't open.

Stiletto asks "What is 'perverted' and 'depravity'? I do not know what those words mean."

"Get a bucking dictionary! In Virtue's office! Away from me!"

Kat sighs as she tries to explain. "Well... I don't think those words exist where you came from Stiletto. but let's say, it's a kind of insult used on Ponies who, show their affections more than one can handle." She knocks on the door again "Indigo! those insults were uncalled for!"

"Oh you think so? that's because you have no concept of fidelity! And they are not insults, they are facts! And I told you to leave me alone!"

"Such a rude language. Why are you the ponies of this land so restricted? They called me conservative in my homeland. It is crazy, most of the ponies here walk about showing their cutie marks." Comments Stiletto.

Kat is getting slightly disturbed. "Indigo, you just insulted a stranger and a mare that's your friend. That's also a Fact!"

He kicks his bed again, and groans in pain from hitting a vulnerable part of his leg.

"Fact? Sounds like an opinion to me." Says Stiletto.

"And you insist on bothering me! I did nothing!"

Kat yells back "Yeah! Including being Polite!"

"I'm bucking drunk! Buck polite!" Answers Indigo and gives out another groan.

"I am concerned for everypony in Dawnpick. Lady Virtue has more than enough things to worry about already." Stiletto tries to reason.

"Fine! We'll talk to you later when you're less drunk then. Let's go, mein liebe. We should go check on the caravan - no wait, wouldn't they all be asleep by now?" says Kat.

"I saw one leaving his room. She looked happy." Answers Stiletto.

"Finally." says Indigo, and continues trotting back and forth in his room.

"One leaving his room? maybe he got a good time with somepony tonight? Couldn't be though, he's not that happy about it... Maybe they drugged him with something? Maybe we should investigate mein liebe."

"I tried to ask him about it, but he was evasive and accusing he would not even tell me his name.” Stiletto looks at Indigo's door “Nothing but hurt insults, you rude unfeeling pony."

"I admit, he's not one of the most social ponies. I think I’m one of only a few friends he has here in the town... And when he's drunk, his social skills got even worse!" explains Kat.

"Damn right! I told you repeatedly to leave me alone, and you still didn't!" Another thump.

"I am over here with meine Leibe, rude pony, and I was planing on leaving as soon as she is ready." says Stiletto.

The steps inside Indigo's room stop. "Your... love?! What the hay do you mean by that?"

Kat couldn't help but grin at Indigo's surprise. Oh she's going to like this already.

"Kat is my love, is that a problem?" asks Stiletto.

Indigo opens his door. "What do you mean: your love?" He looks back and forth between them, confused and shocked.

"I mean that I love her, she lifts my heart when we are together." Says Stiletto and nuzzles Kat softly. "I can not imagine not loving her."

Kat smiles and returns Stiletto's nuzzle. "Mm-hum, and she's always been there with me throughout the goods and the bads. Always lifting my heart up... Making my day better than yesterday every time I see her..." she says, sighing dreamily.

Indigo is dumbfounded for a moment, then moans and makes a run for the stairs, not even caring about closing his door. He almost bumps into Kat, but she flies out of the way just in time. Military training has its uses.

Stiletto is slower to react "Is going to be alright? That moan sounded... bad."

Indigo runs out of the dormitory, not even caring if he is being chased. He turns east, then south when he reaches the wall, then east when he reaches the corner.

With Indigo gone, Kat lands and stands there with confused expression.

Stiletto is quicker to snap out of this surprise. "We should go after him. He is not in full control of his faculties and may hurt himself. But first I need to check something." Stiletto enters Indigo’s room, takes a small sip of the wine, and tastes it. With her extensive knowledge of herbalism she determines that it contains ‘Mushroom Dew’, ‘Maiden berries’ and something else. Both these herbs affect mood. She leaves the wine, closes the door behind her and decides to fly after Indigo, and watch him from above. "Come along Kat. I will need your help, unless you are too tired."

Kat stretches and yawns out as she flutters her wings a few times to fly a little higher "Mm.. I’m fine. Alright, let's go!"

Indigo runs randomly around the camp, keeping to the southern and western part, groaning occasionally, and after a while of this darts into the barracks. He uses a light spell, and begins hitting a target dummy with a hammer, all the while kicking and yelling at it.

Stiletto follows Indigo into the barracks "Mister please halt, you need to rest and drink water if you are this inebriated. These training facilities are for the guard and military Mister Indigo. You need to calm down."

Kat sighs at the outraging Indigo "Well meine Liebe, looks like he's throwing an tantrum. At least he's controlled enough to release it on training dummies and not random ponies. I can give him that."

Indigo stops, breathing heavily, and covered with sweat. He looks at the two mares, weapon still in his grip. "I'M NOT THROWING A TANTRUM! You... you monster! You corrupted Kat!" He then looks around the barracks with growing panic. There is only one exit, and Stiletto is standing there. He picks up a shield in his mouth, and glares.

Stiletto looks down at the scared little pony before her "Calm yourself before you say anything else. These activities will be reported to Lady Virtue."

Kat flies in nearby as well. "Corrupted? You must have had a big tantrum or very drunk to think of that Indigo. You know I’m always up for changes if I like them. I wouldn't cross the goddess-damn ocean if I wanted everything to keep being oppressed and strictly freedom-less and getting treated like an object." She huffs out. Not very pleased.

Indigo backs away into a corner, still with shield and a hammer, breathing heavily. He speaks with breaking voice "I... I told you to leave me alone!"

"You're out here, in the dark, holding a shield and a hammer. It is our duty to make sure that no harm comes to you and that you won’t do harm to anypony." says Kat.

Stiletto takes one step forward "Put the weapon and shield down, they are unnecessary. I can not allow you to hurt anypony."

Partisan is close to the barracks. He hears some yelling inside. He isn't sure what it is all about, but it sounds like a major argument, so he comes to investigate. He is just a few feet away from the door. He pauses for a second and listens, barely a clatter of weaponry, which means that no fighting had started yet, if at all. As soon as Stiletto speaks, he races toward the entrance and waits.

Indigo becomes enraged one last time, for the +4 bonus, and charges at Stiletto. This would give him weapon and dodge skills around 5, but against a more skilled, bigger munchkin, who likes strangling bandits with telekinesis, he is almost sure to fail.

Stiletto reaches out with her magic and locks Indigo to the ground while shaking her head "You are not going anywhere."

Indigo is kicking and screaming, and trying to get free, but fails. At some point he looses his shield, an in less than a minute his breath as well. He stops wiggling, and collapses to the ground, breathing heavily. He is defeated and exhausted.

Partisan watches the fight occur from the door. "Hold on here!" he says, concerned that two military personnel are surrounding a restrained civilian. "What is going on here?"

Kat was just about to draw her crossbow from it's hiding place under her wing, but seeing Stiletto having everything under control, she closes her wings down again, giving Partisan a Salute when he walks in. "A pony gone drunk and threw a tantrum sir."

The pony in question just lies on his side, with his eyes closed, grasping for air, and says nothing.

Stiletto salutes while maintaining a solid grip on Indigo "Guard captain."

"Drunk is fine. But we cant have any tantrums. Can’t afford them at all. I want to hear this from Indigo. What is the problem?" asks Partisan, looking at Indigo.

"I think he needs help, he has been spouting nonsense this whole time." says Stiletto.

"Hold on. Let him speak. If he has a reason, then it can be reasoned out, if not. . . " Partisan says as he steps closer to the old buck lying on the floor.

"He seems to have been drunk on some sort of a... I don't know. Stiletto says, she saw a zebra walking out of his room. I suspect he might be drugged or something, he's not acting like himself." explains Kat.

Indigo is just lying there exhausted, still breathing heavily, and curls up slightly. He says nothing.

"I see." Partisan replies as he walks closer. "For now, lets take him to his room. I am sure he can do less damage there than in here. Heaven forbid that he gets away and takes one of the many weapons here. Or gets in a lucky strike." Partisan takes a couple of seconds to look at Indigo's face, trying to judge weather or not he would actually be that dangerous.

Indigo's eyes are closed, there is some foam on his mouth, and he just rests and breathes.

"Never seen my friend like this Captain, something must've snapped him off." says Kat.

Indigo groans weakly, covers his head with forehooves, and keeps breathing deeply.

"Can I trust your judgement Kat?” asks Partisan “I mean, he looks stressed, but also unhappy, angry even. That could be the worst combination. I have seen someone like this take down several Diamond Dogs and his fellows."

"Captain, let me make a quick full-on report about it to you here then. From what I understand, he had quite a talk with Stiletto, well, much more like him insulting her and not liking her in general and Stiletto didn't like it much. I came out from my room, awoken from the noise to see what's up. Apparently somepony was with him in his room. He didn't want us to bother him, but we were simply worried. Then Stiletto mentioned something about me being her love, Indigo here seemed to be severely surprised, and when we tried explaining, he ran here and started hammering away at the dummies. So There you have it Captain. I recall his exact term is calling us 'perverted' and 'depravity' mares."

"Indigo, is it possible that this is a misunderstanding? Stilleto does speak. . . . Highpony. I never really understand what she means by her words, even though I know a bit myself." inquires Partisan.

"Don't believe their lies." Indigo says weakly. He still breathes heavily, and curls into a ball "Why can't they just leave me alone?" he asks, opens his eyes, and starts shaking.

"Captain, he doesn't look so good.. maybe we can save the interrogation for later." Kat suggests.

"I. . . ." Partisan pauses looking at him again. They were right. He doesn't look well. "Yes. We can talk about it later. Maybe with Virtue to help." With that he nods at Stilleto and tels her to take him to his room.

Indigo's breathing slowly stabilizes, but his heart is still beating loudly. "Don't leave me with her alone. Please." Indigo looks like he is about to cry.

"We will all go with you then." answers Partisan. They all go to Indigo's room, with Stiletto carrying him in her telekinetic grip. Indigo is limp like a kitten the whole trip.

When they make it to Indigo's room, and he is released, he crawls under his own bed. His breathing and heart rate stabilized somewhat, but he is still barely able to crawl.

The room itself is the same size as all the other rooms, which is quite big for a lone buck. It is tidy and lit by two lamps, one under the ceiling, another one on the table. There is some leftover food on the table, and the sheets on the bed are ruffled. There is also a bottle of wine in a corner. This looks like a romantic dinner gone wrong. Partisan looks around the place for the first time, and his eyes rest on the bottle of wine and food. "Oh. I see. Kat. Stiletto. We should give him a moment in his room alone. We need to talk anyway." he said as he motioned his nose to the door.

"Aye sir." Kat nods and gives her commanding officer a quick salute before leaving the room. The Alicorn takes one last look at the rude pony hiding under a bed, and follows.

Partisan closes the door from outside. Like most of the rooms, Indigo’s bedroom has only one way in and out, so they will need to guard only one door. Unfortunately, due to procedures he set up in the first place, someone has to do it. "Ladies, I think you should be relieved of duties for the night. Also, I think I should mention this: that dinner on the table was meant for two, not one. Anyway, I will stand watch here. You two have much to talk about."

Kat gives Partisan a straight salute with a hoof. "Yes sir. if you don't mind, I will be returning to my sleep... I was kind of awoken up from the noise. an Extra hour before guard duty on the morning would be... much appreciated sir. but it's okay if I wouldn't get the extra hour. I’ll manage."

Partisan guards the door to Indigo’s room. He occasionally walks up and down the corridor a bit to stretch his legs. He listens through the door from time to time. There are a few moans, but not much else. After a long while the light under Indigo's door goes dark, and for the rest of the night and the whole morning there is peace and quiet. In the afternoon Partisan is relieved by Jaxler, and nothing interesting happens for a while.

After a while Indigo gets out from under the bed, locks his door, and drinks all the juice that was left. He then lies on his bed, listening to the noises from outside, but can't fall asleep despite exhaustion. He is also still horny. He wants to go to the hospital to get some milk of the poppy to help him sleep, but seems to be under house arrest of sorts. He just undresses, lies on his bed, puts out the lamps, and after a few hours lulls himself to sleep shortly after dawn. He dreams of a female striped Alicorn making advances on him, while he refuses. He wakes up in late afternoon. His sheet is wet, and that is not the smell of piss. He is thirsty, hungry and still tired. He decides to relieve himself first, then clean himself and his sheet, then drink and eat, and only after that deal with the events of last night... or better yet, go back to sleep. The zebras are long gone by now, which suits him just fine. He couldn't take her laughing at him again. How could she do this to him? He almost thought of her as a friend. Everything she ever said to him, all her lessons were a prelude to her trying to use him? He decides it is better not to think about it now and focus at refreshing himself.

=======================================

Joke:
Flux and Indigo spend some time in prison for civil disturbance.
Flux: So what are you in here for?
Indigo: I got pissed, because I'm surrounded by sluts, and Stiletto is the worst of them. You?
Flux: Why, somepony called Stiletto a whore, and I had to teach him a lesson!
Indigo: I knew it! That monster is behind every problem in Dawnpick!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:46:04 am by Maklak »
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 19, 2012, 09:59:15 am »

Stiletto had taken a sample from the bottle of wine and used her extensive knowledge of herbalism to determine what was added to it. After finding both ‘Mushroom Dew’ and ‘Maiden berries’ in the mix, she felt the need to talk the Zebra merchants. She approaches the trade depot and hails them. “Hello, may I talk to you. I have some questions.”

It is two hours before dawn on the day of the caravan’s departure. The zebras are awake, and packing. One of the guards comes to Stiletto, and says. “Sorry, pony. We leave soon. No more trading. You should come to us sooner.”

Stiletto salutes the Guard “I am not here to trade, I am sorry to say. I have some questions about a beverage that I believe came from here.”

The guard looks at the big pony, nods, and walks towards one of the wagons. Some of the other guards are looking at Stiletto, but keep working. After a short while the guard returns with a female zebra, who Stiletto recognizes from earlier tonight. The zebra looks at Stiletto with a smile. “Ah, ponies. Always coming to me for answers. I’m Sekashi, and I sell most of our herbal remedies. What beverage do you want to ask me about?”

Stiletto nods “I am Stiletto TrustedGood. Do you know a pony by the name of Indigo? I found a very strange concoction in his room. He informed me it was a gift from yourself, I believe. Did you know it contains plants that promote birth cycles in both genders of pony?”

Sekashi’s smile shrinks. “Ah, you mean the lover's wine. Yes, I made it and brought it to a dinner with him. You are incorrect about birth cycles. It does nothing for pregnancy chance, it is only a mild stimulant and aphrodisiac. In fact I drank my moon tea to prevent pregnancy. I explained this much to him. Why, what did the silly pony do? Did he drank it all himself after I left, and went on a rampage looking for a mare?”

Stiletto put her hoof to her chin “Something like that. I think he may not like mares though. Do Zebras’ make much of this Lovers wine? I am asking because there have been some difficulties lately.”

Not like mares? I wouldn’t think so. “Depends on the demand. We usually sell it to married couples who want to rekindle their relationship. There were very few complains so far. What kind of difficulties do you mean? And what did Indigo do to cause trouble?” asks Sekashi.

“I believe this wine may have been used on a mare without her knowledge, never mind her expressed consent. If Indigo’s actions are any indication, it causes a temporary leave of cognitive senses.” 

Sekashi waits for the pony guard to finish. After a while when none of them says anything, she responds. “We sold three bottles during our stay here, all of them to married couples who came together and asked. We are rather responsible about not giving it to young males in general, as that can cause some problems. As for troublesome behaviour that is caused by the alcohol, not the herbs. Maybe I should experiment with making tea instead, some ponies have low tolerance for alcohol. And you still didn’t tell me, what that silly pony did.”

Stiletto scrapes the ground with her hoof “I do not want to gossip. If you must know though, he insulted me and my Liebe and then caused a ruckus in the barracks. It was dealt with by the guard, with little interference from myself. I am more concerned that some of this wine was used to seduce a friend of mine.”

Sekashi explains calmly “Well, it is a stimulant and an aphrodisiac. If he drank it all at once after I left, he would be horny, and unable to sleep. He has a very restricted opinion on what is proper sexual conduct, so I see how that could be stressing for him. As for your friend, I do not know. I told you about all the bottles we sold here this year...”

Stiletto lets out a long sigh “Perhaps I am not being direct enough. Did a Zebra male take some of this wine and use it on a Pegasus mare by the name of Ocean Breeze? This would have been two years ago at least.”

“Well... that is possible. The recipe is common knowledge among alchemists. I was here with every caravan before, but cannot tell you if this wine was used or not. Ponies questioning me about Friesden couldn't tell me anything about her father. One of the caravan guards maybe? I visit here regularly, but others come and go. If the mother can’t point out the one who did this, I cannot tell you, if the wine was used, or not.” Sekashi shrugs, then adds “There are also more dangerous mixtures. Some can make a pony unconscious in minutes, or very gullible, or  cause hallucinations or strong emotions. There are even some recipes for so called love potions. The lover’s wine is very mild compared to all that. We normally don't sell anything stronger, but there are some alchemists who would sell any potion to any zebra. There is no telling what brew could have been used three years ago, and by whom.”

Stiletto looks thoughtful “This is unfortunate. I was hoping to gain more insight into this matter. Now about Indigo. Did you leave him... wanting?”

“Seeing as the fool threw me out of his room, I did. Well, maybe it was inconsiderate of me to leave him the rest of that wine. But I’m afraid my crime was infinitely worse.” Sekashi says with a solemn expression, as she looks at Stiletto. “I laughed at his foolishness. I suppose it was too much to hope that he would laugh as well.” she bursts into laughter. “What better way to point out a his foolishness to a fool, if not by laughing at him?”

Stiletto rubs the side of her head “Well he is an ignorant foal as far, as he has presented himself to me.” then she laughs as well “Oh I should not be gossiping. I hardly know him, though that is his fault for judging me without thought.”

“I often talked with him, but mainly about his work. At least tell me, if he is alright, and if he didn’t hurt anypony. Despite everything I’m rather fond of that silly pony.” Asks Sekashi.

Stiletto looks intrigued “How fond?”

Sekashi cocks her head. “Why, fond enough to teach him some lessons about life, and offer to spend a night with him. Why didn’t you answer my question? Did he hurt himself, or just embarrass himself?”

Stiletto raises an eyebrow “I told you, he caused a ruckus after insulting myself and meine Leibe. He was detained by the guard. Nopony was hurt.”

“Well then, he will sleep it off, and deal with the consequences later.” Sekashi laughs. “Do you have any more questions about the lover’s wine?”

Stiletto shakes her head “There is no need for such a wine in my home land. I think Indigo still had the bottle when I left him to the guard. Should it be confiscated?”

“No need? It can and sometimes is misused, but many elderly couples would disagree with you. As for confiscating it, he seems responsible in his own way, and I doubt he will try and use it to seduce a mare, or do anything foalish like that, but I was wrong about him before, and this thing is not for me to decide.”

Stiletto smiles “There is no need for such things when you understand love. I will inform the guard to keep him under watch.”

Sekashi smiles at that. “It is easier to learn alchemy, let alone drink a brew, than to understand love.”

Stiletto scratches her chin “Not where I am from.”

Sekashi looks the big pony in the eyes. “Is that so? You look sad. Unloved, perhaps? I’ve seen a lot of ponies around here are afraid of you.”

Stiletto looks very confused “They used to be. Lady Virtue has done much to alleviate their ignorance.”

Sekashi raises her brow “Ignorance about what?”

Stiletto points a hoof at herself

“Well, I see you care about this town, and the ponies. They don’t show you enough gratitude for it, is this what you are trying to tell me? Or is it that they don’t truly understand who and what you are, and how you feel?” asks Sekashi.

Stiletto considers a moment “The latter most of the time. It difficult for me as I have had to learn this rude language. I could hardly communicate at all when I first arrived.” ‘und ich war zu spät, dann’

Sekashi nods. “Ah, you are a stranger in a strange land. Leaning the language is necessary, and the language of ponies doesn’t sound rude, to me at least. What is equally important, you must learn to understand them, and their customs. You can explain how you think and feel to your friends, but not a whole settlement. It is their place, and it is you who must be careful and elastic. Otherwise you may unintentionally aggravate them. I’ve learned this much as a trader.”

Stiletto yawns “Oh excuse me. I missed my morning nap with meine Leibe.  I have made myself quite familiar with their culture. They can ask anything from me about mine. If they are angered by my actions, they should just come to me and talk. Meine freundlichsten Liebe has been helping me learn the language.”

Sekashi smiles again. “Alright then, we still have some packing up to do. And since you have no further questions and are tired, let us say our goodbyes” she bows.

Stiletto bows and takes off her hat “Thank you for all your time, and good luck in all future endeavors.” She turns to leave.

Sekashi watches her leaving. what a strange pony. As for that old fool, the lesson didn't go quite as planned. She sighs, and returns to the packing. The caravan is leaving soon.

Stiletto returned to Kats’ apartment. She had not gotten the information she had wanted, but the trip was none the less informative. For now she needed her rest, there would be more work soon.

Next day events

((Yay! It took forever, but I'm finally done with this. There is going to be a few follow up scenes with Jaxler, Virtue, and Kat and maybe Stiletto. I think.))

((Fun fact: Sekashi was supposed to be an episodic character for Indigo's dairy. Her picture was part joke, part GIMP exercise. Now she has about as many scenes as Indigo, and I have to roleplay her much more often than I intended. It appears, that I managed to... troll myself.))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:27:23 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 19, 2012, 03:59:19 pm »

Mostly and , with a bit of and at the start.

Jaxler was making his way to the jail. He had a lot to think about after Granite told him that he was a kleptomaniac. Jaxler knew that he couldn't handle this on his own so he was going to talk to a pony who could help. As he made his way down to the dark jail room he saw him. There Flux was, but to Jaxler's surprise there two others in the room.

Stiletto perks up when she notices the new visitor. "Hello Jaxler, I thought Kat was our guard."

Flux looks up from lounging by Stiletto as best the cell will allow.  "Hmm? Oh, um, heya Jaxler."

Kat steps down the stairs with a tray of food that she was sent to fetch for the three of them and almost bumps into Jaxler, but manages to stops herself first. "Oh! hey there Jaxler. Whatcha doing down here?"

"Hello Kat and... Stiletto. Yes, Kat is your guard but that's not why I'm here. I need to talk to Flux in private about the safety of one of our citizens."

Flux cocks his head to the side, confused.  "Me? Uh, what?"

Stiletto eyes the food, her hunger growing. "Oh, well I really can not leave here yet."

Kat tilts her head slightly at that. "The safety of one of our citizens? With Flux?"

Jaxler nods.  "The problem is currently a personal mater and the guard hasn't been informed of it yet, mainly because the parties involved wish to stay anonymous at this time."

Flux  still looks confused, but goes along with it.  "Um... ok?"  He looks to the two mares.  "Um, Stiletto? Kat? Can Jaxler and I, uh, have some privacy?"

Kat sets the tray down on the table nearby for now. "well.. I could, but what about Stiletto?"

Flux glances at Kat's wings and the keys underneath.  "Uh... the keys? I, um, don't think it'll take long?"

Stiletto looks reluctant to leave Flux's side. "For you my kindest love." She then looks to Kat. "I can show you how I cook."

Flux nuzzles Stiletto to try to reassure her that it'll be alright.

Kat smiles and nods, opening one of her wings to take the ring of keys from it's place, unlocking the cell door and opening it for Stiletto to come out. "I still have no idea how you're going to cook this."

Jaxler watches the two leave the room but doesn't say a thing until both of them are gone. "Flux, are you still Granite's master?"

"Um... maybe? I don't know if, uh, being arrested stops that. Um, why?"

"Well, *sigh* Granite stole my crossbow recently and after I caught him he told me that he has kleptomania.  Seeing how you have some influence on him, I thought that you could help me try to help him with it."

Flux looks concerned, but not too shocked.  "I...I'll try. I, um, don't know how much he'll listen to me, but I'll do what I can."

"Also, I think that you might want to talk to him about his drinking problem."

"I've, um, talked to him a bit about it, but he... still shows up to the furnace drunk sometimes."

"I'm sorry, I'd talk to him about his drinking problems, but I'm not really one to give advice when it comes to drinking."

Flux opens his mouth like he wants to ask something, but decides against it. He instead gives a small nod and apologetic smile.

"Also, the foal has some self-esteem problems and thinks that everyone hates him."

Flux sighs, knowing self-esteem problems first hoof. "I think I can help him with that, at least."

"Good, 'cause I really can't do crap about any of those things, but I really need to get the kleptomania in check before he gets arrested."

"Um, I think he might be doing it because of his self-esteem issues."

"Cool, but I need to find a fast way to help him handle his kleptomania.  So, do you have any ideas as to how I can take care of this quickly?"

"Um, I don't know if this can be fixed quickly, but..."  Flux sits down, considering for a few moments.  "Um, I have a bag of bits under my, uh, mattress in my room. Would you... take some and buy an instrument?  He needs something to focus his energy on. I, um, think an instrument might be just the thing."

"Sure, but before I go, you need to promise me that you won't tell anyone about this, not even Stiletto. I wasn't even supposed to tell you about this."

Flux solemnly swears, complete with the motions.  "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

Jaxler nods, relieved.  "Good, then I guess it's probably about time I leave."

"Um... ok then, Jaxler. Thanks for, um, visiting."

Jaxler got up to make his way to the stairs but stops at the first step. "Oh, I almost forgot. Can you please stop using that piccolo?"

Flux looks down, having forgotten about his other crime.  "Um... ok..."

Jaxler then makes his way up the steps. "See ya later Flux"

Flux keeps his eyes in the floor. "Um, ya... see you later, Jaxler..."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:02:14 pm by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 19, 2012, 04:30:07 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:56:07 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 19, 2012, 04:40:24 pm »

It had been several days since Glaive fight with Flux, but Falcata would not let him forget about, try as he might. Eventually, he decided that if trying to talk to Flux would make Falcata happy, he would try.

"Okay Falcata, okay, I'll go, but I don't think this will end like you think it will."

Glaive stands up and grabs his axe (he didn't go anywhere without it anymore), and put his steel boots on three of his legs, the forth wouldn't fit over the cast. Glaive and Falcata then begin to head to the keep. They begin to walk down the stairs to the prison cell, Glaive stops before reaching the bottom, not yet having line of site on the cell or it's prisoner.

"Flux, are you there? (Stupid question he thinks to himself just as the words leave his mouth) It is Glaive, and Falcata, I... can we talk?" he calls down

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 19, 2012, 04:53:30 pm »

Stiletto had Flux safely nestled under her wing when she heard Glaive call out. She nudged him ever so gently and whispered

"What do I do? Glaive is coming, the last time we spoke he pulled a weapon on me. Should I call out and let him know I am here or just try to ignore him?"

She wanted to stay with here kindest love and comfort him, especially at a time like this, when a jealous military pony with an irrational mind was coming to "Speak" with him.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 19, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »

Kat perks her ears up from hearing the call, she'd recognize that voice anywhere. Quickly getting onto her hooves she takes a few steps away from the cell's door, afterall, as much as she cares about the two ponies inside it, she wouldn't want other ponies to think wrong about it. "oh dear.." she squeaked quietly.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 239