Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225754 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2012, 06:13:40 pm »

He chuckles.

"Ah, as sneaky as you are strong. I like that. But if you wanted a bite you could have just asked."

He rips a piece of his cupcake off with his magic and floats it toward her.

"Want another piece?"

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2012, 06:24:14 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:37 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 09, 2012, 06:50:43 pm »

"...Is that so?"

Glaive pops the floating bit of cupcake into his mouth, swallows it, and smiles at her.

Their meal now complete, Glaive looks around at all the other ponies talking, drinking, having a good time, and generally making a lot of noise in the dinning hall.

"It's so noisy in here. You know, I've got a bottle of wine back in my room that you could try and snatch from me next."

He gestures a hoof toward the door, with a hopeful look on his face.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2012, 07:05:20 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:41 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2012, 07:43:19 pm »

"so... am i getting killed or not pleas te" jaxler suffers a huge blow to the head knocking him unconscious. a few minutes after having been knocked unconscious jaxler awoke and said "hay really now... a bag over my head, that's kinda cliche" jaxler then thinks to him self "man the way the wind is blowing... they're taking me west... well at my hangover wore off... now I can think straight, odds are they aren't gonna kill me for battery, so I best avoid any more physical conflict, I guess I could run/fly if things did get bad for me. man they knew what they were doing, these ropes are so tight i can barely feel my wings, OW... really another blow to the head, I guess I could play dead and force the damned man who's hitting me to drag me the distance... well at least they undoubtedly think I'm just another stupid drunk whom's only concern is to find another barrel of rum, that makes shit a lot easier, ow... oh... man my wings, I hate being bound like this, ow... I can't see any light coming through my bag, and the wind stopped, and looks like the man positioned me on a seat... well there about to take off this bag, I can't wait to see who they are" (jaxlers blood red eyes start to nearly glow with hate as bag gets lifted from his head).
             Jaxler Then for the first time in his stay in dawnpick shows his fear on his face as the he sees those around him, but he quickly recovers and shows a strait face as if he were waiting. then jaxler says "so... I thought battery wasn't such a high profile crime down here" as a grin moves across his face "I hope you know I don't feel much pain". jaxler put out a laugh as if to challenge all in the dark room as his eyes dilate into a near serpent like shape then jaxler says with his deep dark voice "i'd love to see you try to make me feel REAL pain" Jaxlers's eye's looked into each of his holders eyes, penetrating there very souls with pure hate, his smile then widens as he lets out a small chuckle... Jaxler's punishment has begun
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:45:06 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2012, 07:48:21 pm »

I hadn't intended for a beating of any sort, but Stiletto might give him thwack or two.  I'll be posting an update in a few hours that should outline the details of all this.  He'll probably end up guarding the caverns for a while, or something like that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2012, 07:54:56 pm »

I hadn't intended for a beating of any sort, but Stiletto might give him thwack or two.  I'll be posting an update in a few hours that should outline the details of all this.  He'll probably end up guarding the caverns for a while, or something like that.

well I got board and said "well fuck might as well kill 10 mins" but also who said only a beating... be as harsh as you wan't, literally go nuts, jaxler the pony will never give his holders the pleasure of seeing him show the slightest bit of pain. so again have fun, pleas get worked up in your description
read the bold words for a secret message
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2012, 09:38:32 pm »

I'd like to take Knothole if he isn't married or if he doesn't have a lover (I looked for a guy who hadn't been mentioned very much so I could use him without a backstory)
...I would like his name to be Powder Miner, for him to be a miner, and for if he gets an avatar for it to be unchanged -except- for like a simple beige pick drawn as a clan mark on his cheek. Simple like a straight line and then a curved one.

His name change excuse is that Knothole is his middle-name which got improperly filed into the paperwork as his first.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:43:35 pm by Powder Miner »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 09, 2012, 10:29:43 pm »

I think I can handle all of that.  Knothole doesn't have a wife or lover so he should fit your needs.  He has light brown fur and Rainbow Dash hair, so I hope that's not a problem.  ;D

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2012, 10:40:08 pm »

That should work.
Sorry about demanding so much, I just wanted to be specific to make sure there didn't need to be any questions.
Light brown with rainbow dash hair huh?
Sounds a little weird but I'd like to see it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 09, 2012, 11:13:24 pm »

Oh, cna you tell me if he has any grudges when you come back to me on him?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2012, 02:45:02 am »

Sorry for the long delay since the last update.  A fairly large update as an apology, heh.  Also, new ponies (sorry guys, I'm just off on both of these, not sure why):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Virtue's Diary - 25th Opal, 254

Despite our fears, the monstrosity overheard below hasn't seemed to have surfaced.  I'm asking the militia to keep on high alert though, just in case.

Speaking of the militia, there's been a few important changes there: when I went asking around about volunteers for a new rapid response force, Halberd told me that Partisan wanted to volunteer for it.  I also happened across Miter (who asked me to call him Jaxler from now on), who volunteered to join Partisan.  That only gives us two ponies for the job, but I think that's enough for the badger pony thieves we've run into so far.

I considered just bumping Partisan up to captain of a new squad, but when I thought about it, he's really fulfilling a different role.  He'll be overseeing the safety of the citizens that are outside, so I think I'll make his squad a guard and making him captain of the guard.  It's not a particularly fancy position, what with only a single pony under his command, but it should give him a chance to prove himself.  I'll have to see about getting him an office set up.

To address the hole that Jaxler put in our wood working industry, I asked Glaze to take his place.  She hasn't had much work lately, so it should give her something to do.  Knothole also came to me today asking if he could try mining for a bit instead of cutting wood.  He said his real name was Powder Miner, and that Knothole was just a middle name of sorts, and that he was actually a pretty decent miner.  I told him we could try it out and see how it works.  I asked Sushi to pick up cutting wood for him in his absence.  We haven't needed any fish cleaners since I asked Ocean Breeze to stop fishing for now.

Which reminds me, I should get back onto the enclosed fishing pier.

6th Obsidian, 254

This morning I was quite surprised to find Jaxler chained up not far from my office.  He seemed to have a couple of black eyes (hard to tell with his black fur), so I was pretty alarmed.  I immediately went to Halberd to find out about it, and he just pointed me to Stiletto.  She had a black eye too, and I was beginning to get an idea of what happened.

When I pressed her for it, she told me that he'd bucked her in the eye last night for no apparent reason.  She's always had a very calm demeanor, so I was surprised to find out that she hit him back, but I suppose if somepony bucked me in the face I'd probably return the favor if I could.  She insists that he hurt himself falling down in the dining hall, but I know better.  Still, I won't say anything to her about it, I'm sure the militia is handling that internally.

I can't believe Jaxler would do this just a few days after joining the militia.  We don't have a jail, because we haven't needed one, but I suppose the time is coming where that's unavoidable now.  The real irony is that Partisan is now captain of the guard and so has authority over what happens to him.  When I asked about it, he told me that they'd keep Jaxler chained up for a week or so, and would probably have him doing menial things for a while afterward.

I hope this isn't a bad omen.  I'm going to go see Flux about getting some more preparations for a future jail made.  A few chains should do, I don't want anything close to a dungeon here, we're not like that in Dawnpick.

In happier news, I noticed Glaive and Falcata being a little more than friendly today while off duty.  I don't have a problem with it, but I wonder how Halberd will take to love birds being in the same squad?

8th Obsidian, 254

Golden Grains finally started working on his mysterious construction today.  While I was busy watching him work away furiously, I took some time to update the map of Dawnpick.  It's a lot more interesting than the map I scribbled several years ago.

Spoiler: Huge Map, Beware! (click to show/hide)

12th Obsidian, 254

Golden Grains finishes what he was working on: a crown.  Not sure how we'll put that to use, nopony here is even of any nobility!  It is pretty though.

15th Obsidian, 254

We had a diamond dog thief show up, skulking around in the dry moat.  He scared Chic off while she was digging away at expanding the moat, but in the panic he fled instead of giving chase.  Partisan and Jaxler flew off after him, but they didn't have all of their gear yet, and didn't manage to get any shots off before he fled.

Otherwise, we had a rainbow pony caravan show up today.  We traded a lot of rock crafts (still not sure why they love these so much) for a lot of leather (for armoring Partisan and Jaxler), a lot of wood, some cheese and a bit of booze.

Oh, speaking of Jaxler, he was released yesterday.  I hope he doesn't try anything again, from what I understand, Stiletto could easily kill him if she had the mind to.  I really hope it doesn't come to that.

21st Obsidian, 254

Something happened today that made me sick to my stomach.  We had another badger pony thief show up outside the gates today.  Apparently they're finally getting wise to trying to get inside the walls, and he decided to wander down into the mines.  Verdant Flash has a bad habit of following the miners down there, despite his mother's warnings, and the thief blundered into him.  When he failed to snatch the foal up, he stabbed the poor colt in the leg to subdue him before trying again.

By now, thank goodness, Naginata's squad arrived at the mines.  I didn't witness the fight, but she apparently converted the thief into something completely unrecognizable by the time she was done with him.  I heard the poor colt crying in the hospital for hours afterward.  Panacea tells me he was more shaken up than anything, and that his leg should be fine.  Naginata hasn't left his side, and I don't blame her.  I'll stop by again in the morning and check up on the two of them.[/i]

Naginata's Diary - 21st Obsidian, 254

Some time ago, Virtue asked me why I wanted to stay in the militia when I had a family that would miss me if anything ever happened to me.  Today I gave her her answer in blood.  The blood of my child.

If I hadn't been there to save him, that thief might have killed him or worse.  I can't bear to think what horrors would have awaited him if that thief got away, so I didn't give him a chance.  I think I might have put off the rest of my squad with my enthusiasm (Glyph in particular stood slack jawed at the carnage), but let me tell you, when your children are endangered nothing else matters.

These thieves are working on my last nerve.  First they try and take my husband Marbles from me, and now they try to take my child from me.  Let the cowards face me instead, I'll show them how I feel about that.

Virtue's Diary - 23rd Obsidian, 254

So apparently the thieves haven't wised up at all.  Two badger pony pegasi flew over our walls today.  One wandered near the housing where he ran into Falcata, who quickly bisected him with her axe.  The other wandered into the barracks.  What he thought he'd find in there, I don't know, but he found a mass of furious soldiers who quickly showed him the folly of his actions.  It was quite a mess.  I happened to actually see this fight, and even little Rondel (who had been watching his mom train) got a few bucks in on the interloper.

If there ever was a foal destined for the militia, it's him!  I don't know how his mother feels about it, though.

I went by to see Verdant Flash this morning, and he seems to be recovering well.  He's calmed down a lot at least.  Panacea is a wonder at that, I must give her that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:07:38 am by Telgin »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2012, 06:46:43 pm »

Oh, that's great! I was going to go with his description personality anyway, and that sounds like something I could do, his description personality, kinda not all there, energetic, nice guy. :D I like that one a lot. I had thought he was a unicorn (because I thought we were out of earth ponies) but yay he's an earth pony!

Can you tell me adulthood and max ages for ponies?'I want to know it for a journal entry from way back when my pony became an adult, for backstory for him.
Journal coming in a bit.

Powder Miner's Journal

25th Opal, 254.
I don't know how many times I've said this, but I've never been the best at writing my thoughts out in words- I mean just look at this thing. There are pages hanging out, some pages are written upside down, and even I have a hard time finding my way through it. I don't normally write in this thing much, but today signals a turning point in my life in Dawnpick! I finally went up to Virtue and explained that I was actually named Powder Miner, not Knothole, (never understood my middle name.) and I'm actually going to be back to mining, like I learned I was good at back in the clan. Kinda seems the tiniest bit small when I realize how far it is away for my skill to reach the that of my great-grandfather (He was a legend...), but then I look at it again and I just realize that it's not that hard. And just to prove it, here we go. Another step.

5th Obsidian
Whoa! There was a fight in the dining hall today, apparently between Jaxler and the alicorn Stiletto. They were actually kicking each other, and apparently going for the eyes. Eventually Jaxler had been taken away and chained up, meaning I guess he was the aggressor, but I don't know what can get two ponies so angry, and it certainly isn't good.

12th Obsidian
((Edited this entry since I realized my pony liked crowns.))
Golden Grains finished the thing he'd been going nuts about, and apparently it was a decorated wooden crown, made from highwood. I hope I get a chance to look at it, because it sounds super decorated and it might look really grand!

21st Obsidian
Another thief came today, and it got to one of the foals, Verdant Flash. It stabbed him in the leg, and even though his mother got to it and ruined the thief, but I hope no more come. It would be horrible to lose another pony, and to think that a little colt almost got killed... it chills me a little. It was down here in the mines, from his following us miners. I think he'd been following me, too, which makes me feel all the worse for it. I don't want to end up hurting a foal. I don't.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:43:23 am by Powder Miner »

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:06 pm »

Hi, I've been reading this thread (very good writing, by the way), and I was wondering if I could get dwarfed (ponied?)?

Are there any ponies (preferably a unicorn, but I don't massively care) that could be moved onto medical skills, helping Panacea as an assistant?
Thanks in advance.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2012, 07:03:38 pm »

Powder Miner:

Glad you liked it!  Ponies becomes adults at age 6 and have a max age of anywhere between 200 and 500.  No idea why Nidokoenig chose those values, but there you go, heh.

Mekboy:

I've got a few unicorns that could be moved over.  Any preference on gender?

Looking through my list, the best candidates I see are:

Marbles (male, glass maker, married to Naginata)
Indigo (male, dyer, no use for him really)
Wool (female, shearer, no use for her really)

There are a few other unicorns doing other more important things, but if you want one of them I can accomodate.  There's a reasonably up to date list in the first post in a spoiler if you want to look through it and pick somepony else.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 239