Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225737 times)

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2012, 06:42:56 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:13 pm by Omicega »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 19, 2012, 10:57:34 am »

Partisan sat in his room, which was filled from end to end with paperwork that needed to be filled and reminders that needed to be remembered. He was suppose to use the break as an opportunity to catch up with his paperwork, but he just couldn't concentrate. Between having to keep an eye on Jaxler, worrying about the 'what-ifs' that came to mind when the coffins were put in place, and the howling's that could be heard at night, he didn't have the heart for it. He gave it another twenty minute try and decided to just take a walk. While out he kept his face blank, hoping nobody could picked up on the fear and stress laying just below the surface. He trotted along until he reached the surface and stretched out his wings.
Spoiler: OCC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:26:10 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2012, 05:39:34 pm »

"oh hay Falcata, I wasn't expecting to see you down in a place like this". says Jaxler as he walks down the stairs to the pegasus.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2012, 06:03:09 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:08 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2012, 06:22:14 pm »

Jaxler looks at Falcata in dismay at her response, and says "I wanted to find some peace and quite, why are you angry?".

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 19, 2012, 06:40:48 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:04 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2012, 06:58:46 pm »

Jaxler at this point was unhappy as he had only been looking for a place to sit down and think. he retorted quickly and said "oh really, well so your telling me that you have never done anything stupid in your entire life. I personally see no reason for us not be civil. I did indeed get drunk and did ruin your night and I did knock out your squad mate but I personally see that as a mistake on my part but why after months do you act so openly unhappy to my presence. I asked why you were angry because I thought you could at least put up with me being in the same room as you for at least a few seconds."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2012, 07:21:11 pm »

((Oh stallion is here used as in oh man))
1st Slate
Oh stallion, me and the other miners heard something thumping around below today. I didn't know there were things that giant-sounding down there, and now I'm scared of going down there. Those thumps were just massive and rocky, and... they were in a pattern. So it's not just a cave-in or something. There's something down there. It's alive, and it sounds just as heavy as the rock making up the cavern. I'm honestly near scared to death of the thing.
13th Slate
There it is again. Chic was the first to hear it, but there were more stepping sounds coming from there. I could have sworn I heard a reptilian hissing. Are there dragons down there?! I'm getting even more scared about going down here. What if the things break out? I don't want to die!
28th Slate
AGAIN! I was the only one down there this time, so I just ran as fast as I could up, told bout it, then waited here uncomfortably. I'm not going down there.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 19, 2012, 07:28:02 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:21:59 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 19, 2012, 07:48:40 pm »

Jaxler now calm after his outburst responded with "well I was looking for peace an quite, not beautiful scenery.I'm also quite sorry for never apologizing for interrupting your night with Glaive."

he stops for a second and asks "so what brings you down to a place as morbid as this".
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:52:25 pm by jaxler »

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 19, 2012, 08:07:02 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:21:54 pm by Omicega »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2012, 08:12:43 pm »

"Well?" Those words rang clear to the surface. It almost had Jaxler written all over it. He rushed toward were the sound originated. Better safe than sorry. But, by the time he reached the tombs, Jaxler was calmly talking to another pony. Instead of going down and interrupting a particularly good thing, he just hid up in the stairs, silently watching.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 19, 2012, 08:27:20 pm »

Jaxler looks away from Falcata and says "there is no need to to stressed, why its quite good to know that they even if you die you will have met the fort's expectations. Why it makes over achieving quite easy. To be honest I doubt you or any of our good brother and sisters of war will be needing these anytime soon."
He stops and takes in a deep breath and attempts to snap Falcata out of her gloomy silence by saying "we'll a drunken friend of mine told me that this was going to be used as a military burial ground.so I finished my drink and came down here to see my own tomb. It helps to have a reminder that I only have so long to achieve something with my life."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:54:31 pm by jaxler »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 19, 2012, 11:29:07 pm »

Apologies for the delays.  Been an emotionally draining week to say the least.

Real life > DF any day of the week, man. Don't worry about it! Hope you're not having too rough a time of it as well; I wish you all the best regardless.

I'm fine, thanks.  :)  Just others I'm a bit worried about.

Anyway, I fixed Wool's avatar, which is now the avatar linked for him in my last update.  Poor pony forgot his horn!
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2012, 04:54:12 am »

Thanks. I'll get working on a diary post.

EDIT: Here we are.

Wool's diary

2nd Granite

This is the first time I've done one of these, but with my new job, I though I might as well start.

So yeah, my new job. After years of not really doing much here, I wanted to actually be useful. And so when Virtue mentioned that she was looking for someone to help Panacea out with medical duties, I volunteered. She's already started showing me the ropes - dressing and stitching wounds (not as messy as I expected, thankfully), and a bit of tidying up the equipment and spaces. I think I'm understanding it pretty well, but I hope my skills won't be really needed for a good while.

27th Granite

I really need to get used to writing in this more often. Anyway, at least I'm doing it now. For pretty much the last month my routine has been pretty regular. In the mourning, I've been learning and practicing medical skills - recently it's been broken bones, with Panacea explaining how to splint a leg so that it doesn't heal wrong. It's sometimes a bit difficult to understand, as she doesn't really have any way of demonstrating, but I think I'm doing pretty well. After that, I tend to head to the great hall for lunch, and to talk to my friends, and in the afternoon I do the daily chores (at the moment just making sure the place is clean, as nopony's in hospital at the moment). It can be quite tiring, but I enjoy it.

3rd Slate

I heard from one of the miner-ponies that there's been some worry about the caverns. Apparently they've heard something moving about in there - something big. I hope we don't have to fight it off - my even with Panacea's teaching, I don't think I'm quite ready to deal with major injuries.

14th Slate

More news about the caverns from the miners - they think there's another thing down there. They're trying to wall off all entrances to the fort though, and that should be enough to keep them out.

22nd Slate

Today Glaze gave birth to a foal - Granite, she called it. I didn't personally help with the procedure, according to Panacea most mares prefer to be seen to by other mares. I did however get to prepare the hospital for it - setting aside a bed and the like. It's nice to get get a role in these things, even if it is pretty minor.

26th Slate

A pony by the name of Spool started acting odd recently - claiming a clothier's workshop and collecting a load of odd materials. I think it's one of those "strange moods". From what I've heard, there's rarely an obvious cause for them, and sometimes the ponies affected by them become incredibly skilled in their area of expertise. I've also heard of what happens if they don't get their work done - they waste away, refusing to eat or drink, or worse, go into an insane rage and berserkly attack anypony that comes near. I hope it turns out alright.

1st Felsite

You know that pony that I mentioned last time, diary? The one who got afflicted with a "mood"? They ended up making a sock. Not a pair of socks, just one. Admittedly it was very pretty, but it wasn't exactly practical - all covered in rings and spikes and shells. Gave me a bit of a laugh at least.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:40:52 am by Mekboy »
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 239