Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225755 times)

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2012, 10:39:39 am »

Say, if your fort is still lovely little fort is still taking migrants, I'd like to be poniefied. (ponificated? pony-fided? Made into a pony.)

Name: Grapple
Species: Earth or unichorn
Profession: Preacher for the Cult of the Two Sisters (previously town dead beat and wrestler)

Personality: A zealous worshiper of a recently founded cult, he left his home village to spread the word of the coming of the god sisters, Celestia and Luna.  In previous life he was a drunker, brawler and a thief but was born again as a member of the cult.

Extra info:Short version of belief, two alicorn gods descend to the earth and build an eternal paradise for all pony kind. The cult tends to take a lot of flack for calming all other gods are false or even daemons sent to create havoc. As a sign of devotion, he had his cutie mark branded over with a symbol of a sun on the right and a crescent moon on the left. More than willing to join the militia, but as a wrassler! He needs nothing more than what the sisters blessed him with to strike down the darkness! (perhaps some armor, but that's it!)

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2012, 11:19:44 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:21:08 pm by Omicega »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2012, 11:38:06 am »

thetyler101, sure, you can claim somepony.  There's an up to date list in the first post that should help you pick somepony.

I had originally planned for this fort to be in a sort of alternate universe / before Celestia and Luna, but there's been mention of them already so I don't think it'll be a problem.  Or you could just play up like your pony is crazy.  Your choice.  :)

I can stick him in a militia squad, if you so choose.  Would you prefer him be in a formal squad (under Halberd or Naginata), or do you want me to put him in a squad by himself so he can act as a sort of vigilante sallying forth to attack those who attack the fort and his beliefs?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2012, 11:58:51 am »

thetyler101, sure, you can claim somepony.  There's an up to date list in the first post that should help you pick somepony.

You can pick any earth pony in the fort you want and rename them, I don't know what you can afford to loose.  I'll just play it that he wandered in one day from outside half starved and yelling about his cult.  His sanity is about as stable as any religious fanatic.  :P

As for militia duties, again your call, but if I had to pick, throw him in his own squad and let him have at them!

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 20, 2012, 04:23:05 pm »

"Hmph." She snorts, not fully agreeing. "I hope not. Judging by the noises coming from those caves below - well, suffice to say that I hope those walls we put up never get torn down. And we've been out here for years now, growing by the month - it's almost a certainty somepony will come attacking us sooner or later. At least with something more than just a few thieves."
As the silence begins to drag on again, she changes tack.
"So", she gestures at him with a forehoof, "you and your squad leader - Marzipan, Partypan? Whatever his name is - what's with the leather armour and such? Why not cold, hard steel like the rest of us?"

Jaxler looks over to Falcata and says "you mean Partisan? well he probably realized that a ranged unit needs to be able to out maneuver melee forces, and most metal would only slow us down. A good ranged unit needs to be able to keep it's distance and as long as distance is achieved the only thing we need to fear is arrows, witch leather "should" be able to stop.
Jaxler makes a grin and lets out a little laugh and says "man, I personal feel bad for partisan. He lets me in the militia and within a week I knock out a superior officer. I'm amazed he let me off with only prison time and a beating. some captains would have me hung by the neck for such insolence. Jaxler diverts his blood red eyes from Falcata and looks to the stairs and then says "how is your squad doing".
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:32:30 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2012, 05:56:44 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:21:13 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2012, 06:12:36 pm »

Jaxler looks back at Falcata. He laughs and says "nothing I guess, I'm just a bit over observant. anyhow, I really haven't  gotten to talk with Glaive in a wile, well to be honest I don't think I've never really gotten to talk to him. what's he like?"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:51:43 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2012, 06:54:12 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:21:17 pm by Omicega »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 20, 2012, 07:26:38 pm »

"I know what you mean." Stated Partisan as he took of himself, gently gliding down the stairs, and landing next to Jaxler.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 20, 2012, 07:41:19 pm »

Jaxler was further puzzled by Falcata's response and said "I'm a pegasus". Jaxler then flaps his purple wings when he notices Partisan and says "hay there Partisan, how long have you been lurking on those stairs?" Jaxler then diverts his eyes back to Falcata and says "now ya know why I was starring at the stairs".

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 20, 2012, 07:53:04 pm »

"Long enough to know that you are still my best, albeit only, soldier. And that I may not have to worry about you as much as we though." With that he slowly moved toward his own tomb.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 20, 2012, 08:01:04 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:21:26 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 20, 2012, 08:04:46 pm »

Jaxler grins and says to Partisan "we'll that's nice of ya to compliment your second in command" he follows partisan into the crypt and says "looks like ya found our room" Jaxler walks in and stops in his tracks as he sees his own coffin his eyes dilated. he says in a fearful voice "finally... I see the monument to my own mortality".

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 20, 2012, 08:23:31 pm »

"Right." Partisan muttered back, barely keeping his own lips from quivering. He needed little reminding of his own mortality, but hearing Jaxler's fearful tone struck him hard. He had always assumed him to be made out of sterner stuff. That was a wake up call. 

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2012, 08:33:43 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:21:31 pm by Omicega »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 239