Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 223750 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 02:37:55 pm »

Quote from: The Master
first of all, you can't have a good fort without a DJ! So, just like I do in Glitterglen, I shall do my best to find the appropriate music for the current situation. I shall not take no for an answer!

Sounds good to me.  Not a lot to find music to yet, but it'll happen sooner or later!

Virtue's Diary - 4th Felsite, 252

Halberd came to me recently complaining about a lack of things to do.  At least I hope that's all he meant, he was pretty specific about finding stuff to kill.  I told him to go see about running off the chimps spotted out east, but something more interesting happened that obviated the need.  Over the past three days, we've seen a diamond dog thief on each day.  Whether or not it was the same one, I don't know, but it's worrisome.  Halberd chased after them, which was enough to run them off, but they'll be back I'm sure.  I hope Halberd is up to the challenge.

In other news, I'm pleased to record that after an
entire year of being out here, the dining hall is finally open for use.  I hate it took so long, but I'm still getting used to managing all of this stuff.  To sort of make amends, I threw a party this morning to commemorate the event.  I think just about everypony was there, even Halberd.  I even spotted Panacea talking with him, and for once he didn't try to avoid it.  If anypony could get through to him, it would be her.  She seemed to be spending a lot of time with Saw Dust as well.  I wonder if there's anything going on between the two?

We've dug out a small cellar beneath the dining hall for our kitchen and food storage.  Everything should keep better down there, and we don't have to worry with diamond dogs running off with our carrots.  Well, if they even eat them.

Oh well, I think I had a bit too much to drink at the party, so I'm heading to bed early tonight.  I gave everypony the day off tomorrow, since I know at least a few others did the same.  I think we've all earned a little rest.

Panacea's Diary - 4th Felsite, 252

Today has been a wonderful day!  I was pretty pleased to hear that the dining hall was finally opened today, but I didn't expect Virtue to hold a party for everypony.  Well, we didn't have a whole lot of food and drink to spare, but I think it went nicely anyway.  Everypony was in good spirits.

I was surprised to find even Halberd there.  I haven't spoken with him much on the way out here, or really even since we got here.  I was kind of scared to, Virtue and Saw Dust told me he was usually pretty grumpy, so I tried to stay out of his way.  Maybe it was the wine talking, I don't know, but I actually struck up a conversation with him.  He's actually a nice guy once you get to know him.  I think everypony just gets put off about how he stays to himself all the time.

Even better though, ever since I spent time helping put the dorms together, Saw Dust and I have been having a lot of fun together.  I talked with him at the party a lot, and he's asked me out on a date tomorrow night.  Just the two of us, down by the river.  I'm excited!

Looks like everypony likes Panacea.  She's basically a gray Fluttershy, heh.

Virtue's Diary - 7th Galena, 252

Despite my fears about the diamond dogs, we haven't seen anything else out of them for a few weeks.  Nevertheless, I think it's time to start thinking about our defenses.  As we grow, we'll only become more and more tempting of a target.  I'll discuss things with Halberd.  He doesn't like idle chit-chat, but I think he'll be happy to have some input on this.  I've updated my map to show all of the current major constructions.  Still not much to look at.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Otherwise things have been going fairly smoothly lately.  We have a few more stills set up, and with our new chef, we're doing quite well on the essentials.  Speaking of which, we had a few new arrivals over the past week.  I've rounded up their names, but haven't decided quite what to do with them all just yet:

An earth pony stallion furnace operator named Ember
A pegasus mare gemcutter named Quartz
A unicorn stallion glass maker named Marbles
His wife, a pegasus mare potter named Porcelain
A unicorn stallion dyer named Indigo
An earth pony stallion shearer named Fleece
A pegasus mare siege operator named Ballista

We certainly don't have any need for any dyers, shearers or siege operators right now, so there will be some shuffling of jobs.

I finished the day pretty early today.  I haven't spoken with Harvest Moon in a few days, maybe I should go see him today.  Maybe he could use some help in the fields?  That shearer has probably been around farms enough to be of some use.

Hard to believe it took over a full game year to get that little settlement up and running.  Oh well, at this point that catches up to where I stand in game, so the future is a bit more open now.  I'll be setting up a hospital for Panacea and a barracks for Halberd as my next priority.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 03:47:07 pm »

Virtue's Diary, 17th Moonstone, 251

Speaking of seeds, Harvest Moon and I have really been hitting it off recently.  I've been spending most of my free time out at the fields with him, talking about just about everything.  I never noticed how graceful he was, sowing the seeds while airborne with all the precision of the best earth pony farmers I've ever known.

Telgin says, out of character, "Yes, there's love in the air!  Looks like Virtue and Harvest Moon are lovers now."

D'awwwwww! :)
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 04:22:50 pm »

Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 12:22:21 am »

Interesting, you know, I've never watched House.  Oh, and this game is too addicting.  Played it until 3AM yesterday, heh.  Almost another game year's worth of time.  Not a lot interesting up until the end, though.  Then it really starts to get interesting.

Virtue's Diary - 9th Galena, 252

I haven't had much time to discuss our defensive measures with Halberd yet, but I have started considering them nonetheless.  There hasn't been time to start digging a moat or setting up proper fortifications yet, but word reached me that one of our new arrivals served some time in the military back in Coupledye.

Porcelain used to be a hammerpony, and after a little discussion with her, she agreed to join the militia.  She asked to be called Naginata now, which I guess was her nickname in the military.  Not sure if she's met Halberd yet, she might not have been as eager to join if she had.  We don't have any maces or hammers, but she picked up a spare axe and took it back to her quarters.  Two ponies are better than one, but it's a far cry from even a militia yet.  We've got to get to work on defenses, soon.

11th Galena, 252

While checking up on our stocks today, I noticed a small argument forming over our woodcrafting shop.  Bevel was holed up inside, shooing everypony away and rummaging through the wood already inside.  I went to try and defuse the situation, but she ignored my questioning and continued on doing whatever she was doing.  She didn't seem to be causing too much trouble, so I left her alone for now.  If she causes any problems I might have to get involved again.

In other news, Pewter and Ember have finished setting up a furnace, smelter and forge.  We should be in position to start smelting down some of that magnetite soon.  Some steel armor for Halberd and Naginata would go a long way to offsetting their lack of numbers.

Yeah, not sure how to describe strange moods for a pony in-universe, so for now that's what I'm going with.

15th Galena, 252

I'd already forgotten about the incident a few days ago with Bevel, but she finished what she was working on today.  She built a wooden chair out of some highwood logs, naming it the Cut of Wings.  It's a very nice chair, I'll admit.  I'm not sure why she put so many spikes on it, but it should be serviceable for our dining hall at some point.

That nearly eclipsed the fact that Detergent gave birth to her third foal this morning.  She named the little unicorn colt Sandstone and asked if she could have a few days off.  I happily obliged, I've never been through childbirth but I have no doubt she could use a break, not to mention she surely needs time to bond with her new foal!

6th Limestone, 252

It took long enough, but we've finally got a butcher's shop set up in the dining hall's cellar.  Now when Longshot goes hunting it won't all go to waste.

The hospital and barracks are also under construction finally.  I know Halberd and Naginata will be happy to have somewhere to practice.

The hospital is going to take some time to get set up.  The plans I've drawn up will have Panacea living in the second floor, so she should be close to any prospective patients at all times.  The hospital will hold only about five ponies at a time.  I pray we never need even that much space.

6th Sandstone, 252

Despite my request with the liaison, we received another wave of new workers late this afternoon.  The new arrivals are:

A unicorn stallion mason named Mortar
An earth pony stallion engraver named Chisel
An earth pony stallion engraver named Glyph
An earth pony mare carpenter named Whittle
Her husband, a pegasus stallion potash maker named Splinter
An earth pony stallion woodcutter named Knothole
An earth pony mare carpenter named Hickory
A pegasus mare potash maker named Willow

I was quite happy when I learned of their talents though.  We can't get enough carpenters and masons out here.  I'll draw up some work for them all in the morning.  The hospital and barracks are coming along slowly, as always, so maybe a few new hooves will speed things up.

The next part of the update calls for some more illustration, I think, so it might be a day or two.  Make of that what you will. :)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 02:09:04 am »

I am sorely tempted to claim Ember, the furnace operator.  Would you be opposed to turning on his mechanic skill if I do?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 02:36:12 am »

I am sorely tempted to claim Ember, the furnace operator.  Would you be opposed to turning on his mechanic skill if I do?

Nope, not a problem at all.  I need a mechanic anyway, as you'll see in my next update, things are starting to heat up a bit (fret not, Ember is unharmed).  Will get his details posted tomorrow if you're interested.  If you want to give him another name (related to mechanics perhaps, but up to you), that's okay too.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 02:40:47 am »

Ya, I'll claim him them.  Call him Flux, please :D
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 07:49:39 pm »

Flux it is.  Here's his description (not sure why it resized like that, :

He's also friends with Bevel (a mare carpenter) and Ballista (a mare siege engineer / haven't figured out what the heck to do with her yet).

Virtue's Diary - 16th Timber, 252

I've been dreading this day since the moment I decided to found this settlement.  It was inevitable that tragedy would strike us eventually, but that doesn't lessen the sting in the least.

It pains me to even record here what happened.  Brook was out by the river fishing today, as she does most every day.  Nopony saw the thief until it was too late, and it was clear that Brook was slain without knowing what hit her.

Hickory happened across the aftermath, where the monster was picking over her body.  The scene she described was sickening.  Halberd and Naginata jumped into action, and at the very least they slew the thief in turn.  It's little consolation.

I've arranged for a small ceremony for her tomorrow morning.  Nopony deserved what happened to her.

Not sure if it's against the rules to post fairly tame blood / gore like that, but I can move it to a spoiler tag if it bothers anypony I suppose.  Considering how graphic combat is in the game, I assume Toady doesn't mind anyway.

Naginata's Log - 16th Timber, 252

It's days like this that I remember why I didn't reenlist in Coupledye.  I didn't think this peaceful little community would really need my help, but I was dead wrong.  One of the civilians was killed today.  A fisherpony named Brook.  I hadn't really met her, but her passing has certainly affected most of the community.

I got to see Halberd's true side today.  Up until now our association was mostly limited to sparring sessions in the half completed barracks, where I pegged him for a stoic and no-nonsense pony.  Something I can respect in a commander.

When we found the thief gleefully stripping Brook's body of everything of any worth, Halberd changed completely.  Stoicism changed in an instant to passion and wrath unlike I've seen before.  I never even made it to the thief.  Halberd leaped from our overlooking position and utterly destroyed our foe.  By the time he was satisfied with the carnage, the thief was in about as many pieces as it could conceivably be in.

At first I was a bit terrified of him, but after we exchanged a few words, I have even more respect for the stallion now.  He is a true soldier.  Having one of the ponies placed under his care taken from us in such a senseless act of depravity was something he couldn't stand.

Some of the civilians are afraid of him and most everypony tries to avoid him, but they don't understand.  He would never abandon them or willingly let them come to harm, and in the end there is probably nopony who they should trust more.

That's the story I'm running with anyway.  Halberd went bananas on the thief and spent 6 pages hacking him to bits, followed by chopping off each leg.  I'll leave specific characterization to The Master, of course.

Virtue's Diary - 17th Timber, 252

Well, we had the ceremony today.  Most everypony was there.  It wasn't much, I admit.  This isn't something I've ever done before, but I gave the eulogy.  I knew Brook as well as anypony else here, but there were things I could appreciate that perhaps the others couldn't.

We may well owe our lives to that pony.  If she hadn't come and fished up so many turtles and mussels, we may well have starved long ago.  She deserved a medal for her actions.  But instead, a lowly thief from the twisted little badger ponies took her life.  Over a fishing pole.

A few ponies teared up a bit during the ceremony, and I'll admit I nearly did the same.  I was present as we interred her in her final resting place in the newly dug out crypt.  After that I locked myself I my office and I did lose it then.  I'm not sure I'm cut out for this job.  We had to expect losses, but that thought doesn't help me accept what happened anymore.

I don't know what to do.  I probably won't be getting much sleep tonight.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:52:22 pm by Telgin »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 08:44:56 pm »

I'd consider the picture fine. It's not glorifying death, it's just adding feeling to the situation. There's nothing wrong with that.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2011, 09:11:22 pm »

Flux' Journal

So, this is Dawnpick.  Huh.  It's not what I expected, that's for sure.  Oh, there's a bunch of ore that needs smelting, but that's not what I mean.  I thought there would be a lot of smelters and smiths is all.  I was told this was supposed to be a major metal production hub, but it looks like we're still getting the basics up and running.  Ah well, I'm sure I'll get to smelt something soon.

Galena 11

Well that was fast!  Only four days after I arrive and we get a smelter up and running!  Pewter, the mare metalworker who helped me, looked to be happy as well.  We'll both be able to get to work soon.

Galena 15

One of the carpenter mares just finished an incredible chair.  I have no idea how she made it so spikey and yet so comfortable!  I asked her about it, and we talked for hours about it and other things.  Looks like I have a new friend, and her name is Bevel!  Ballista won't believe it, heh.  She was the only one in the migration group I got along with well, I hope her and Bevel hit it off also.

Timber 16

Looks like I wasn't the only one who heard there was a lot of ore here: A badger Pegasus thief thought we'd make an easy mark.  It killed Brook, one of the fishermares.  I didn't know her very well, but nopony deserved her death.  Halberd and Naginata, our martial ponies, dealt with the murderer.  Halberd was absolutely covered in blood and looked pretty mad about the ordeal, maybe he knew Brook personally?

Timber 17

We buried Brook today.  She was vital to Dawnpick getting up and running, they said.  Apparently, she almost single-hoofedly provided the meals for a while before the fields could be harvested.  She was a hero in her small way, and we all feel her absence.  Especially Virtue, I think they were friends.

Everypony is trying to think of ways to make sure this doesn't happen again.  A wall is the most agreed upon solution, but I think we need some real defenses.  A wall is good to keep out animals, but it takes strong ponies with weapons to defend against invaders like the badger pegasi.  Unfortunately, we don't have many ponies to spare for training, and that'd take a while anyway.  I think we should make some traps, or at least a drawbridge to seal the fort up if we have to.  I'll try talking to Virtue about it in a day or two.  I think she needs some time to deal with her loss.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2011, 12:26:30 am »

Virtue's Diary - 18th Timber

I'm scared.  I don't like to admit it, but I am rightly and truly scared.  So are many of the others.  I haven't seen any of the foals out and about today, and I don't blame their parents for keeping them indoors.

Another thief was spotted today, this time out by the quarry.  The cursed little vermin slew a water buffalo wandering nearby, for the simple pleasure of it.  Nopony could find Naginata at first, but Halberd rushed into action.  After how he handled the last thief, I felt confident in his skills.

I didn't see what happened, but Halberd was wounded in the fight.  A bad cut to the back.  Naginata arrived to strike the thief down, but Halberd was incapacitated.  He's resting in the hospital now.  Panacea asked us all to leave while she tended to him, but I'm worried.  He was bleeding a lot.

I pray he's not hurt that badly.  We don't have enough guards as it is, and even though we've had our differences in the past, I don't want anything bad to happen to him.  I'll go check up on him tomorrow.  I didn't sleep well last night, and I feel tonight will be no different.

Panacea's Diary - 18th Timber, 252

When I heard that somepony was hurt, my heart skipped a beat.  We've been out here for over a year without any serious injuries, so it was bound to happen eventually, but that doesn't make it any easier.  In fact, after a year without having to really use my knowledge, I was worried.

Then I saw it was Halberd, and when I saw the injury, I think my heart stopped completely.  He took a deep puncture wound to the back, and many ponies never walk again after such an injury.  He was still standing though, and I have to admit I'm impressed at his strong will.  He limped in without help, but the pain was evident.  He was sucking in his breath through his teeth with each step.

It didn't take long to confirm that he would recover.  The blade had been stopped by his spine, which is a frightening thought, but the vertebra wasn't broken and no nerves were injured.  I cleaned the wound as best I could and dressed it.  He'll be fine, but it's going to take some time to recover.  A little further one way and he could be paralyzed, or have bled to death from his kidney.

Virtue was worried sick, and I don't blame her.  This incident reminded me that we really need a well or other clean water source, as soon as possible.  I'll bring it up when I speak to Virtue about Halberd.

Virtue's Diary - 19th Timber

When I went to check with Panacea this morning, something even more terrifying happened.  A third thief was wandering through the middle of the settlement, as if he owned the place!  I let out a cry and bolted for the hospital at once, which I think only excited the little monster, as he promptly gave chase.

I thought I was going to be joining Brook, but to my shock and surprise Halberd burst from the hospital, axe in mouth.  Without missing a step, he tore the thief apart, strewing its body parts across the road.

I wasn't sure if I was more afraid of the badger pony thieves or Halberd at this point, but he calmed down immediately after slaying the fiend.  He muttered something about doing his duty and limped back into the hospital with my help.

That may be the bravest thing I've ever seen anypony do.  Even with a blood soaked bandage wrapped around his midsection, Halberd sprang to my aid and probably saved my life.  I think I may have misjudged him.  He was as reluctant to talk about it as ever, but I think he deserves a reward of some sort.

I probably shouldn't tell him that we've set up tombs for him and Naginata in the crypt.  It's a morbid thing to do for the living, but in the event that something disastrous happens, I want them to be remembered forever.

At least Panacea tells me Halberd will be fine.  That was quite a relief.  She reminded me of the need of a well, which I hadn't forgotten but kept getting pushed back on my list.  I think she's right though, and I'll see what I can do about getting one set up near the hospital.

More important than a well at this point is something to keep the thieves out.  I don't think Halberd is in any position to draw up defense plans.  I heard that one of our recent arrivals, Flux I think, has some experience with building mechanics of various sorts.  Perhaps I could bring him and Naginata together to flesh out some ideas.  Even a few simple traps of some sort would surely help.

Not sure how that happened, actually.  If Halberd was really in the hospital at that point, he shouldn't have been able to help.  I guess he hadn't made it the bed yet.  Also, I'll see what I can do about doodling a pony avatar for Flux, unless you want to use the pony maker or forgo it altogether.  Your choice. :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:31:01 am by Telgin »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2011, 12:36:31 am »

I'd be honored to have you draw Flux an avatar.  The pony creator is nice, but you have a style that captures the ponies so very well.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2011, 01:16:16 am »

I agree, you draw really well!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2011, 02:03:29 pm »

And... I'm away from my normal computer for the weekend, so I won't be able to make the avatar until Monday.  Don't worry, it literally takes like 20 minutes to do, so it's no big deal.

Virtue's Diary - 23rd Timber, 252

It seems that something similar to what happened to Bevel has taken Ballista.  I found her this morning while trying to track down Flux, occupying the forge and demanding that we bring her body parts and bars of metal.  Fortunately, Longshot was able to provide some body parts in short order, but we haven't yet smelted any of our magnetite.

It's worrying.  I'm wondering if there is some sort of dark magic permeating this land that's driving these ponies to do this.  I wish we had a wizard here to consult, none of the unicorns that have joined us so far seem to know a thing about it.

25th Timber, 252

I'm pleased to record that Panacea released Halberd this morning.  I'd have never believed that he could recover in a week from such an injury, but he seems to be getting along just fine, and has already headed off to the barracks again.

I feel very guilty over it all.  If he had a proper suit of armor, that would have never happened.  I'm doing all that I can to rectify that problem, but it's going to take some time.  Maybe a long time.

6th Opal, 252

We finally finished the hospital today, and Panacea moved in upstairs.  I think she found it a bit bittersweet, but I didn't press her about it.  This way she'll be closer to any patients that need her urgently.

In other news, we've finally started smelting some of the magnetite we dug up in the quarry, so we're one step closer to having some steel armor for our two soldiers.  I urged Flux to be quick about the smelting if at all possible.  Ballista hasn't left the forge since she entered it, and it's my understanding that the two are friends.  That should motivate him a bit, I would think.

Once he's taken care of that, I think I'll ask him to start piecing together some mechanisms.  It's going to be a little while yet before a proper wall is ready, but some traps in the mean time should help.  Now that Halberd has recovered, perhaps he will have some input on it after all.

Panacea's Diary - 6th Opal, 252

Things have been moving fast the past few days.  I'm very happy to note that Halberd has made a full recovery.  I've been talking with him a bit, since I think I'm the only friend he has here.  I never knew how seriously he took his job as a soldier, and I must say that I really respect him.  I only pray that I never have to stand over him wondering if he'll live ever again.

Speaking of which, my new room in the hospital is finally ready, so I'll be moving in tomorrow.  It's for the good of the hospital, but it means I probably won't be seeing Saw Dust as much any more.  I miss not being with him much already.  Maybe I'll go visit him at his workshop tomorrow.

Funny, Panacea and Saw Dust, and Virtue and Harvest Moon have been lovers for over a year now with nothing coming of it.  Never have had a lot of luck with marriages in DF.

23rd Timber

Virtue looked away from the mare occupying the forge with some difficulty and continued on to the smelter just past it.  She hadn't found Flux in the dining hall, so it would be the next best place to look for him.  She heard that Flux knew a thing or two about mechanics, so she hoped he might have some ideas on some traps to set up around their perimeter.

Cage traps are always effective, but I'm not sure if the badger pony thieves are trap avoid or not.  I think not.  Cages are a bit of a pain though, because I'm too lazy to "empty" them properly.  Weapon traps have had satisfying results in my last fort.  Any input from Flux would be appreciated. :)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2011, 02:26:59 pm »

The Journal of Flux, Timber 23

Balista has been acting weird lately.  She got this strange look in her eyes and then zoomed off to the forge.  Now, she's yelling about bones and metal and gibberish.  The others tell me it's similar to how Bevel was acting.  Maybe we'll get another fancy chair?  Either way, I think we're still a week or two from being able to actually begin smelting.  Ya, we have the smelter up, but the magnetite needs to be hauled and charcoal needs to be made.

In the meantime, I've been doodling some trap designs.  I'm no expert, but the principals are fairly simple at least.  Some ponies like cage traps, say they're more humane.  I disagree.  Cage traps only make new problems, and I don't know if we can handle prisoners anyway.  I think I'll try to figure out how a spinning blade trap works.  I hear they're really efficient, so hopefully I can puzzle out the details of how they work.

Opal 6

Finally able to get started smelting today!  It's a relief to get back to smelting again.  Virtue asked me to be as fast as I can, and I'll try, but it's a slow process.  Balista hasn't stopped yelling about needing metal, so I expect she'll be along soon for some fresh iron.

I like using blade traps.  Cages are anoying, and I never could design an efficient way of dealing with caged hostiles.  That and I like watching the bits and pieces fly :P

Edit*  Also, here's an interesting quirk to keep out flying baddies: They won't path over water.  I've taken to building a moat with water around my pony forts with all the fliers that show up.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:02:53 pm by Khenal »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 239