Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225394 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2011, 04:48:57 pm »

Falcata is owned by telgin.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2011, 05:00:21 pm »

AS I recall Falcata is free, Virtue is Telgin's pony.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2011, 05:02:47 pm »

My mistake.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2011, 10:45:02 pm »

Yeah, Falcata is free.  That's the name of the pony I claimed in Glitterglen, but this Falcata is free.  I'll set her up for you when I post the next update (probably tomorrow).
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2011, 09:44:20 am »

Posting to watch and to maybe take Ashwood.
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2011, 01:06:51 pm »

Poor Ashwood could use some loving if you do decide to take him, I haven't even mentioned him for several game years.  He stays out of trouble.  :)

I intend to post an update today sometime, barring catastrophe.  Omicega, I'll get a picture for Falcata doodled up for you, she's yours now.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2011, 05:34:02 pm »

Ooh, welcome heavy weapons pony! I haven't seen you since that other pony thread that the name of has slipped my mind.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2011, 06:03:49 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:24:45 pm by Omicega »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2011, 06:22:49 pm »

Here we go, finally got around to updating.  Omicega, Falcata is yours, here's her description and an avatar if you ever want to post a journal update for her:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Virtue's Diary - 7th Galena, 254

Now that the curtain wall is finished, our masons are free to work on less important projects.  The town hall has been sort of sitting in the back of my mind for a while, so that's what I set them to next.  It's going to take a few months to get it completed, but I think Carmine will be pleased.  It's not far from the barracks though, so I hope the noise of the militia sparring doesn't bother him too much.

I've also started thinking up some plans for an enclosed fishing pier.  Now that the wall is finished, Ocean Breeze has been having to run all the way around the settlement to get to the fishing pond or river.  More importantly, if she had to run from anything dangerous, she might not make it in time.  The badger pony thieves have been quiet for some time, but I know they can't be far away.  They'll be back, and when they return, I don't want her caught outside with no help.

For the moment, I've asked her to take some time to relax and be with her family.  We have plenty of fish in our stocks right now, and perhaps enough food for a full year if we couldn't grow any more.

14th Galena, 254

The caverns are beginning to worry me again.  Today some new... ape monster with long arms showed up and started attacking our miners.  The militia hurried down to deal with it, where Fuscina put it down with commendable skill.  As we continue to mine out marble deep below, we need to keep on top of keeping the caverns sealed.  We've already run into a few unpleasant things below, I fear what else lives there.

16th Galena, 254

Today was a bit hectic.  A zebra caravan arrived early this morning, and brought with them a small gaggle of more badger ponies.  I knew they would be back, and I'm very glad now that I asked Ocean Breeze to lay off the fishing for now.  The thieves managed to sneak up to our gatehouse somehow, where they were spotted by Arbalest at his catapult before they could get too close.  The militia met them on the drawbridge, where they cut the badger ponies down.  I'm pleased to say that nopony was seriously hurt, although Halberd got a pretty bad bruise on his flank.

The merchants have spent the better part of the day settling themselves and unloading.  I'll take a look at their wares tomorrow if I have time, there are a few things that we're in need of.

20th Galena, 254

I couldn't believe it when I heard from the militia that there were even more badger pony thieves today!  Counting the three a few days ago, this brings us up to six in a week, which is a new and unsettling record.

Worse, they got the jump on us this time, and a few of the militia were hurt.  Halberd was furious, I could tell, and I later heard from the merchants that he sent one of the thieve's heads sailing off into the trade depot.  I'm glad I wasn't there to see it...

Partisan had a bad cut on his wing, but he should be fine.  Falcata broke her hoof in the melee somehow, but nopony really saw what happened.  I'm most worried about Fuscina, who has a very bad cut on her leg, which Panacea thinks is broken too.  She was bleedy badly, and was beginning to get faint.  I feel terrible for them... but we're working on getting steel boots made for them all as soon as possible.

After that unpleasant news, I added some thread and cloth to the list of things to get from the merchants, which I was happy to see they brought plenty of.  I took a few bins of cloth, a few bolts of thread, some pegasan wine and a bit of cheese to add to our supplies.  Longshot was kind enough to tell me that the zebras are pretty fond of stone trinkets, so prior to their arrival I had our stoneworkers make a few bins of the things.  Sure enough, the zebras took them happily in exchange for the supplies.

I dropped the cloth and thread off at the hospital, but Panacea was busy tending to Fuscina, so I left her to her work.  I'll check back in the morning... I dearly hope they're all alright.

Glyph didn't actually get to land a single hit in all of the battles.  He tried though, but Halberd and Naginata just sort of tore the enemies up while the rest fidgeted around.  And Falcata should pull through fine.  She survived having her lung perforated, so I think a broken hoof should be nothing in comparison.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2011, 07:38:05 pm »

If not already claimed I would like to take Partisan, though it will be a long while before I will even see myself. I need to catch up *Starts reading from the beginning*
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2011, 08:00:03 pm »

Ok, Partisan is yours!  I'll get an avatar for him put up tomorrow probably. 

By the way, do you have any preference on his appearance?  As I've mentioned before, DF is bad about not giving a good spread of appearances for the ponies, so Partisan is black with red striped hair just like every other male pegasus in my fort.  I've been adjusting colors to keep it interesting, so if you'd like to do the same be my guest.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:19:00 pm by Telgin »

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2011, 09:08:26 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:24:22 pm by Omicega »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2011, 09:36:35 pm »

Ok, Partisan is yours!  I'll get an avatar for him put up tomorrow probably. 

By the way, do you have any preference on his appearance?  As I've mentioned before, DF is bad about not giving a good spread of appearances for the ponies, so Partisan is black with red striped hair just like every other male pegasus in my fort.  I've been adjusting colors to keep it interesting, so if you'd like to do the same be my guest.

I like the black body. Black is nice to get blood on. And red eyes to bring out the color of the blood. . . . . . and silver mane to stain with blood. Did I mention the blood? It must be present, yes. Blood.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2011, 10:10:38 am »

Glyphs journal 7

I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be good enough to fight alongside Captain Naginata. There was another group of
badger pony thieves discovered today... I couldn't even hit one. All the training and I can't even score a blow on some
pathetic thieves! Even worse some of the other ponies got hurt in the fight. I can't let this chance I've been given
go to waste, but I'll have to be much stronger before I can even start to think of myself as able to prove myself to
Naginata, Not to mention Virtue. She's been seeming stressed lately... I would ask if there was anything i could do but...
I have to train more. Once I'm stronger, then Maybe I can help the others. Nopony else will get hurt on my watch, Not if I can help it.

Yep Glyph is starting to get nervous about his lack of skill. Or at least the appearance of it.
Still hopin' that he gets to prove himself to Naginata and Virtue soon.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2011, 11:09:05 am »

Flux' Journal, Galena 20

I showed Virtue the design almost two weeks ago, and I think she liked it.  She also agreed that it looks pretty complicated and would take a bit of time to finish.  With all the trouble the last few days, though, maybe it'll get moved up in priority?  A few of the fighting ponies took some pretty serious looking wounds.  I don't think it's anything Panacea can't handle, but still.  And that thing from the caverns!  I don't think it hurt anypony, but it just looked so weird!

Maybe I should try to work on something to help secure the caverns also?  I feel particularly uncomfortable with the thought of somepony getting hurt because of them.  After all, we only dug that deep looking for my namesake.  I'd hate it if somepony got hurt.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 239