Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225749 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2012, 08:29:44 pm »

You do know the well appears to be contaminated with blood, right? >.> <.<

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2012, 08:34:14 pm »

Yeah, I just sort of ignore it.  I'm going to be replacing the well soon anyway, I didn't dig it deep enough and it produces muddy water.  :(

I think it's all pony badger blood though.  Definitely no syndromes waiting to afflict the unwary, there haven't been any titans or forgotten beasts that actually fought any of the militia.

Yet.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2012, 08:35:25 pm »

You do know the well appears to be contaminated with blood, right? >.> <.<
I believe that happens when people(dwarf/ponies) clean them selfs... or at least that is what I assume after having multiple wells surrounded by blood after goblins attack.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:43:07 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2012, 01:41:34 am »

Flux' Journal  Obsidian 6

Stiletto is starting to worry me a bit.  Last night, she and that new militiapony got in a fight.  I don't know the details, but Stiletto obviously won.  I saw her dragging Jaxler to a tree and chaining him up.  I tried to wave to her as she went to do whatever it is she does, but she just turned away from me.  She's so hard, like quenched steel.  I'm worried if somepony doesn't anneal her soon, she'll snap...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:59:33 pm by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2012, 02:44:12 pm »

Could I take Wool then please? No need to rename her.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2012, 03:16:47 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:26 pm by Omicega »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2012, 11:31:03 pm »

Could I take Wool then please? No need to rename her.

Looks like I goofed.  Wool is male.  Is that a problem?  He'd actually make a pretty good doctor, likes helping ponies.  If he's fine, any preference on his appearance?  In game he's amber with yellow-green wavy hair and purple eyes.

Omicega / KingStrongbeard: I assume your little date went well?  Want me to see about getting some kindling going for these two ponies?

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2012, 04:22:27 am »

Yeah, that'll be fine.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2012, 06:46:22 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:25:06 pm by Omicega »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2012, 12:51:36 am »

Omicega / KingStrongbeard: I assume your little date went well?  Want me to see about getting some kindling going for these two ponies?

((Sounds good to me, that's kind of what I was hoping would come out of it.))

Glaive's Journal 21st Obsidian, 254

A thief snuck into the mines behind our workers. It tried to grab Naginata's son, Verdant Flash but when he tried to fight off the snatcher the colt took a knife in his leg. Poor foal. Fortunately, Naginata was nearby and was able to kill the badger-pony before it could harm him anymore. From what I hear the boy will recover completely. That's good, but perhaps we need to set up some kind of rotating guard at the entrance. To keep both thieves out and the cavern beasts in. But that isn't my decision.

23rd Obsidian, 254

It was raining today. A horrible dreary downpour. Not bad enough to make us need to stay inside, but just bad enough to wish we could. Two more thieves today, probably hoping the rain and dark would cover their approach, Falcata spotted one while on guard duty, which she easily dealt with. The other bumbled into the barracks, must have thought it was a store room, or that we'd all be staying in our rooms and he could loot some weapons and armor, or something. Regardless we all chopped him to pieces. When Falcata came back inside her mane was all wet from the rain. mmmm.

(the rest of the page is taken up by a sketch of Falcata.)

Spoiler: Wet Mane Falcata (click to show/hide)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2012, 04:59:18 pm »

Jaxler's journal:15th Obsidian, 254
Well today was very eventful. To start off I got out of jail after a few days of imprisonment. Then some thieves showed and me and partisan had to scare em off. Then the best thing possible happened, some rainbow ponies showed up and we bought some new exotic booze. I really can't wait to try this new stuff out.

21st Obsidian, 254
Well today I saw something truely disgusting, an evil little theif wondered into the caves probably thinking we hid our goods there. The theif was caught by Naginata's foal. The damn bastered stabbed the child in the leg before the combat squad could get there. When they got there they immediately turned the theif into a pile of goo. That thief is lucky I wasn't there, I would have made his death a lot slower, and painful.

23rd Obsidian, 254
Why do these damn thieves keep on showing up, you'd think after getting killed so often they'd stop. One of those stupid theifs walked right into the barracks, we were doing drills in full gear and the little guy was smeared across the wall in a few seconds. I think it took longer to clean up the theif's corpse than it took to kill em. After the incedent I decided to go and get drunk in celebration of our victory.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:16:47 am by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Akivara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2012, 06:41:50 pm »

Are there any interesting ponies that haven't been taken?  How's Diamond Shard doing?

(Been reading this for a few days, so longtime lurker/first time poster, etc.)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2012, 06:49:37 pm »

She's doing perfectly fine, despite having to hack a few elk birds and crundles up with her pick.  There's plenty of ponies left to take, but she'd make a perfectly good choice.  There's a list in the first post in a spoiler tag if you'd like the entire selection.

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2012, 04:36:44 am »

Just Posting to say Telgin may write Ashwoods Journal entrys until I decide to come back from holidays.
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2012, 01:56:39 pm »

Alright, if anything interesting happens to him I'll do that.  Expect another update tonight or tomorrow.  For future reference, I'll probably be updating Dawnpick about once a week.  Just don't have time to do it much more frequently than that.

Mekboy, I'll convert Wool over to a doctor and get an avatar for you soonish.  Maybe tomorrow night, maybe Tuesday.  Akivara, if you want Diamond Shard (or anypony else), just let me know and I'll reserve them for you and get an avatar for you too.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 239