Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225292 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #315 on: January 26, 2012, 07:32:13 pm »

((Derp did the quote in my post I was quoting instead of my pony image.))

Walking into the dining areas, it was clear that Powder Miner was terrified. Sitting down alone at a table he began musing to himself quietly. "Beasts underground, thiefs up here... is it safe anywhere?"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:55:43 pm by Powder Miner »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 26, 2012, 07:51:26 pm »

Glaive summons up some forced cheeriness and introduces himself to the blue unicorn.
"Nice to meet you Arbalest, my name is Glaive, I serve in the militia under Commander Halberd. I've seen you work the catapult, you're a good shot with it, though I pray we never have a target large enough to need it. Though if you could take care of whatever it is making those sounds in the cavern, we'd all be thankful."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 26, 2012, 08:38:34 pm »

Ponies use long word. Arbalest no understand. So Arbalest nod and smile. Boo say that work always.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 27, 2012, 06:51:43 am »

Walking into the dining areas, it was clear that Powder Miner was terrified. Sitting down alone at a table he began musing to himself quietly. "Beasts underground, thiefs up here... is it safe anywhere?"

Partisan was not too far from Powder Miner when he overheard his statement. "Its safe where we eat." Thinking to himself, 'At least for now.' He had been working himself to death after the beheading, hoping that next time he could land the killing blow and not watch his own partner nearly become someone else he failed to protect. But for now, he was taking a break, being sure not to wear himself out, just in case they got called up again. "Care for a drink?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 27, 2012, 10:44:27 am »

Glaive stands waiting for Arbalest to say something to continue the conversation. The sense of awkward silence is growing. Glaive decides that he must do something to break it.

"So, uh, where are you from Arbalest? What brought you to Dawnpick?"

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 28, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

can i have Castiron   Male      Pegasus      Blacksmith?
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 28, 2012, 09:13:47 pm »

Arbalest no know what stallion mean. Boo know where Arbalest from. Arbalest leave thinking to Boo.

"Boo know. Arbalest no know. Arbalest must leave."

Arbalest make grace exit. Arbalest good at that.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 28, 2012, 09:27:08 pm »

Glaive stares in confusion as he watches Arbalest just walk away. "What a strange pony," he mumbles.

(End Scene? Unless Omicega has something to add or wants to have Falcata talk to Glaive.)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 28, 2012, 10:37:33 pm »

Sure thing, I'll get all of his info up when I update the fort Monday or Tuesday.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2012, 08:17:44 am »

Sure thing, I'll get all of his info up when I update the fort Monday or Tuesday.

thx man
---
siggy!

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 29, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:19:59 pm by Omicega »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 01, 2012, 02:20:19 am »

A bit of a short update this time.  Been busy again.  I'll post another short update in a day or two I hope to compensate.  :)

Castiron's information:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Virtue's Diary - 23rd Malachite, 255

Glaze was the next pony to be possessed by whatever madness this is that drives us to create these strange, artifacts, for lack of a better term.  She wandered off to one of the craftspony's workshops, a blank stare on her face and nothing but curious mumbling from her mouth.  I've asked Partisan to keep a watch on her.  I saw he put Jaxler up to the task this afternoon, but she seems to be finding everything she needs.

26th Malachite, 255

I was sort of expecting something like this to happen eventually, but Grapple finally came to me today.  He asked for some of the settlement's resources to be used to build a small church to the Two Sisters.  From what I've seen, there are a few ponies who are following along with what he has to say, and he doesn't seem to be causing undue disruption.  I told him that I could probably arrange for that.  If it helps boost everypony's spirits, I don't really see the harm.  We could all use some help when tragedy strikes, like it did with Barley in such recent memory.

However, that's the problem.  We've got to focus on keeping the badger pony thieves out, and to that end we have to employ the moat as soon as possible.  All of our masons are busy working on it, and we don't have wood to spare for a church right now.  I told him I'd look into it as soon as the moat is ready.  That's going to be a few months yet, I'm afraid.  Probably not in time to stop the thieves before the next round of them arrive.

5th Galena, 255

Glaze started working on her project today.  She snatched up quite a bit of things, so I'm quite curious what it is she'll produce.  Partisan doesn't think she's a risk, and I agree, so he and Jaxler have gone back to their regular duties of training and patrolling the walls.

7th Galena, 255

Glaze finished her project today.  It's an amulet made of prickle berry wood she calls Noosetarnish.  The name is somewhat disconcerting, but she doesn't seem to mind wearing it around.  It's an interesting piece, that's for sure.

While she was working on that though, the militia were scoping out the caverns a bit.  Halberd and Naginata have expressed their concerns with things getting worse down there and it eventually becoming impossible to secure them ever again if we needed them.  That, and Arbalest did want to set up a catapult down there.  They didn't bump into anything nasty, but we've found a few possible places to set up firing ranges where we might be able to take out the larger monsters safely.

I'm still working out the details.

13th Galena, 255

As I expected, more thieves turned up before the moat could be finished.  It's so, so close, but not quite there yet.  The aqueduct isn't ready yet.

I'm pleased to say that nopony lost their lives today at least, although we didn't get by without injuries.  Mortar saw the first thief approaching from the south as she was laying out bricks for the moat.  Immediately she and everypony else working the moat rushed back inside, and we put our new security measures to the test.  We sounded the alarm, and immediately everypony dropped what they were doing and hurried underground into the food stockpiles.

Meanwhile the militia and guard took up positions at the gate and dining hall.  There was no way for the thieves to get to any civilians without going through them first, and they waited.  Of course, I was underground at the time, so I didn't see everything that happened.  Thus I asked the captains to give me action reports of what they saw.  I'm glad I wasn't up there to see it, based on what I've read.

After Action Report (Captain Naginata) - 13th Galena, 255

The warning went out as planned, and it served its purpose.  Everypony ran for their lives to the safety of the food storage below ground, while we rushed off to the gate.  That was the theory, and it mostly worked.

Unfortunately, Glaze and her son Granite were outside when the alert went out.  One of the thieves bumped into them and snatched the foal, so we dropped our formation and galloped after him.  Captain Partisan and Jaxler caught up to him first, of course, since they weren't held back by heavy armor.  They managed to ground the theif and rescue Granite, and afterward they started engaging him in melee with their crossbows.

Captain Partisan took a few shallow cuts to the stomach and leg, but he wasn't badly wounded.  We arrived just as Jaxler put the thief down again, and Falcata was the first to reach him.  With a single stroke of her axe, his head came off.  Good riddance.

We rushed back to the gate, where we ran into another thief just as he was skirting the traps at the bridge.  Sarissa was the first into the fight this time, where she took a dagger to the chest.  If she doesn't, I'm going to thank Billows personally for that peytral, as it stopped the dagger.  I didn't see who finished the thief off, but when I looked back he was in a number of pieces, tumbling into the dry moat.

Sarissa staggered around a bit, clutching at her chest and coughing horribly.  The dagger didn't penetrate, but I was worried she'd broken a rib, especially when she started coughing up blood, but she insisted that she could fight on.  It turned out she'd only bruised a lung, but I probably shouldn't have let her fight on.  Next time I won't.

Things got more interesting with the third and final thief.  How he got past us I'm not sure, but for some reason that blathering fool named Grapple came charging for him, shouting nonsense and leapt upon it.  They fought for a while, and while Grapple managed to get a few kicks in, he mostly ended up breaking two hooves and passing out.  At least it got him out of our way.  Glaive and Falcata laid into the thief then.  Glaive's strike managed to spill some of his innards into the trade depot (empty, thankfully), while Falcata's strike bashed some of his teeth out.

He passed out after that, and it was a simple matter to take his head off with another axe strike.

Captain Partisan went off to get his cuts looked at after that, but that Grapple woke up and staggered off back to the fields, claiming he was fine.  He was bleeding from his hooves, but refused to go tothe hospital.  We left him at that, no point trying to help somepony if they won't help themselves.

Not sure why he didn't go to the hospital at first, he just sort of stood there and puked up his lunch while On Break for a while.

Virtue's Diary - 19th Galena, 255

After the excitement a few days ago, I was glad to see a zebra caravan on the horizon.  I traded a lot of well made stone crafts for a tidy sum of food, drink, cloth, leather and a lime tree for our orchard.  I think I'm going to see about populating that orchard a bit more.  Carrots and celery are nice, but a little fruit spices things up a lot.  And some lime wine sounds nice too!

1st Limestone, 255

I went by the hospital to check up on Partisan today, but he was already gone.  Wool told me that his cuts weren't bad at all, and a few stitches later he was on his way.  I did see Grapple in there though.  I was wondering where he'd gone to.  Apparently he tried to join the militia in their fight and got pretty banged up.  Wool told me he should be fine though, although his hooves looked pretty bad.

I'll keep an eye on him.  He's a bit strange, but I don't want anything bad to happen to anypony.

He didn't put up too much of a fight, but if he lives through many more of these attacks, he should be able to strangle and snap joints like a pro!  I really expected him to take a dagger to the head, but he didn't, thankfully.  I think a leather hood is in order, should help if that does happen.

And another short update Thursday or so I hope.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 01, 2012, 07:34:29 am »

Castiron's random arrangement of random notes

well i'm in the medicinal bay because i drooped a hot coal on myself and there seems to be fighting outside.well i hope balsa is fine, why did i sign up to be black smith when im this clumsy? oh thats right i know my iron well. doctor said i need sleep so this is going to be a short entry
---
siggy!

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 01, 2012, 02:11:45 pm »

Missionary Log
Felsite, 255

A great tragedy has struck my new home.  A hardworking pony of this fair village has been struck down. May he rise to live in the eternal glory of the sisters, and my his murderers be stuck down to the fiery deeps of HELL!!
I shall not stand idly by and watch as others are killed by these Discord spawned monsters! I will fight! With strong faith and strong body, I will succeed! 

There is but one silver lining in this tragedy, in that some ponies of the fort have come to me for council on things spiritual. From them, I hope to grow a herd of faithful to the two sisters. Of them, the lone alicorn Stiletto seemed particularly interested. I am not surprised given the prejudice against her kind. An alicorn goddess must seem quite appealing to her, given all other 'gods' (and I use that term loosely) are of the other races. It is nice to have ponies listen to me now. Before only the trees would listen to my sermons, and even then they would wander away before i finished. Who knew apple trees could be so rude?

Malachite, 255
Finally found the time to speak to Ms. Virtue about building a chapel to the sisters. She said that the moat must be completed first, and I understand completely!  The safety of the town is of top concern! I just hope she will not forget my request, as it will still be some time till the moat is completed.  I am sure everything will be fine till then though.

Galena, 255
I am a failure.
An utter wast of a pony.  May the sisters pity me and forgive me, though I deserve none of there forgiveness. 
The bests that plage this town came again, and I had thought to go out and meet them, to help defend the town. But I was struck down by the beast, and I hardly hurt the thing before it stabbed me and, like the worthless foal I am, gave into pain and fainted. I will not ask these ponies for aid with my hoof, the pain helps remind me of why I failed.  The answer is as obvious as the snout on my face, I Lack Faith!

Glorious Celestia! Sweet Luna! Forgive me! I am unworthy of thine love. From this day, mine worship of thine glory will be twice-fold! I will build you a temple of thine faithful if I must scrape it from the earth with my own shattered hooves!
There Will Be Done!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:42:48 pm by thetyler101 »

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Jackknife402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 01, 2012, 03:09:38 pm »

Hello, I'd take Mortar if you'd give him up. Also try to give him a thoughtful expression for an Avatar, would work great for what I have planned; if you can please.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:17:00 pm by Jackknife402 »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 239