Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 223749 times)

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #555 on: February 09, 2012, 08:44:16 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:18:02 pm by Omicega »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 09, 2012, 08:50:46 pm »

Stiletto lifts herself up and wraps her long forelegs around Glyph and Flux. Pulling them in close and getting mud all over them.

"Meine kleine Hengste. You are such good Freunde. I just want to sit here with you for a time."

((Grammar oops))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:02:12 pm by TALLPANZER »
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Jackknife402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 09, 2012, 08:54:23 pm »

"Heh, I have more than just weak justification. I sing to the stone, Falcata. It sings back..." He looks down at the floor, lightly testing his hooves. "I hear the groaning it makes as those filthy abominations walk about it, not challenged. There are wonders in this world that we do not know exist, but they do." Mortar packs up his sketch again, turning from the table to head down into the mines, but turns and looks at her. "I believe in Boo. If Arbalest knows he exists, I trust him. And I"m sorry Jaxler," He turns and looks at the pony. "If your trust in me had been shaken." Mortar turns back to the entrance of the hall and makes his way to mine entrance.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 09, 2012, 09:00:56 pm »

No Boo. Just need Boo. Then all good.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 09, 2012, 09:12:37 pm »

I blush as Stiletto pulls me into the hug. "U-umm it's n-no problem..." I chuckle nervously a bit. "But now we're all m-muddy friends."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 09, 2012, 09:19:51 pm »

I smile slightly as Stiletto pulls me into the group hug, still feeling a bit awkward.

'See?  Friendly, not going to bite.'

Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 09, 2012, 09:26:43 pm »

Jaxler said to Falcata "thank you for not believing Grappel's insanity". Jaxler got up and said "I'm heading out. I think I left my crossbow at the shooting range and partisan probably wouldn't be happy if he found it there." Jaxler walked over to where he left his barrel of booze, picked up said barrel of booze and walked out the door.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:32:17 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 10, 2012, 02:41:50 am »

Hope I'm not interrupting too much here.  Finally got the update ready, and the picture was far lower quality than I hoped, but it's what I had time and motivation for.

Virtue's Diary - 16th Limestone, 255

I went to talk with Panacea this morning and found that Grapple had left the hospital, despite having injuries.  From what I gather it was never his idea to enter the hospital at all, and once he woke up he refused to stay and immediately headed off.  He's definitely a strange pony, but I hope he's alright.

7th Sandstone, 255

Yet another monster in the caverns below, based on what ponies have been hearing.  I'm glad we have the caverns walled off, but at this rate, I think everypony is starting to get restless.  Arbalest's plans to move the catapult down there haven't even been begun yet, and I don't know what we're going to do about it.  I'm really afraid to try anything at this point, but I'll keep thinking on it.

20th Sandstone, 255

Today is one of the proudest moments in my time of running Dawnpick.  The moat has finally been dug out!  There's nothing in it yet, but it's still deep and wide enough to give any invaders pause and hopefully give us a chance to spot thieves before they get too close to anypony.

I was also told by our masons that we're running very low on stone.  That's unfortunate, since the miners are rightly afraid to head down to the quarries to dig any up.  I managed to convince them to head down to the first stone layer and start chipping some out.  They seemed reluctant, but the knowledge that the militia was standing by at a moment's notice calmed them a bit.  We managed to get a fair bit of gabbro moved up here to start working on more projects, thankfully.

Now that the moat is done, we might be able to focus our attention on the catapult underground again.  I'll start taking a look at my map and try to get a plan together.  The masons will have a lot of work to do down there.

But, I almost forgot the most important thing today!  Harvest Moon proposed to me!  We're finally going to be married after all of these years of working and living together in Dawnpick.  I'm so happy I think I might explode!  There's so much planning to do, I'm not sure how I'll be able to plan anything else for the next month.

21st Timber, 255

A bit of an oddity today.  A diamond dog was spotted near the gatehouse today by Detergent, but as soon as he saw her he bolted for safety.  The guard didn't even have time to get their equipment together before he was gone.  Maybe he'll let his friends know that trying to steal from us is a bad idea.  The badger ponies haven't got the message yet, but the diamond dogs seem to be smarter about things.  It worries me sometimes.

24th Timber, 255

Eh... it'll do I guess.  Big thanks to Kryptid for the lineart, I just butchered it in the rush color job.

Today was the big day!  Harvest Moon and I are officially wed!  I didn't think I could get any happier when he proposed to me, but I was wrong!  We'll be moving into his room tomorrow, and freeing up mine for somepony else.

I can't think of paperwork right now though, I'm too excited!

26th Timber, 255

Another diamond dog showed up today, this time spotted by Arbalest.  Just like the last one he was gone before we really knew he was here.  I hope him showing up so soon after his friend isn't a bad indicator.  The guard are on higher alert, and we're watching for badger pony thieves too.

8th Moonstone, 255

Well, the pumps were finally set up to get some water from the brook into the moat.  Flux was overseeing the operation when something went wrong.  Water was spewing everywhere, but thankfully nopony was hurt.  Flux is taking a look at the designs now, and he says that it shouldn't be hard to fix.

Whoops. Forgot to seal the opening to the pump.  A quick fix.

6th Opal, 255

Storm Cloud is officially old enough to be a stallion today.  I was surprised to hear that he wanted to join the guard, but we need more ponies in the guard so the help was welcome.  I sent the paper work to Partisan to look over, but I don't think there will be any problems.

The other good news today is that the moat is mostly filled.  With water as another layer of deterrent, I think we'll stand a much better chance against those thieves.  They'll have to come in through the trapped gate, and the militia will be waiting on them.  I saw Halberd and Naginata giving them some more drills on a response to invaders.  They all hopped to in short order, and I think we're really shaping up to have a proper defensive strategy.

Which reminds me that Naginata gave birth to her third foal today.  She had to cut the training short when she went into labor abruptly.  The baby was a pegasus filly like her mother, named Aurora.  She was adorable.  I can't help but think about foals now that Harvest Moon and I are married.  All good things in due time, I know, but it's hard to wait!

22nd Opal, 255

Now that the moat is finished, we started on Grapple's church as promised.  It's not going to be much, but if it gives him something to do and helps keep spirits up, I think it's a reasonable use of our materials.  It won't be finished for some time yet, and we've still got housing to worry about, but it should be done before too much longer.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 10, 2012, 04:52:37 am »

Stiletto hums softly for while just holding Glyph and Flux close to her. Then she starts to giggle.

"You are right, we look like glückliche kleine Schweine, and we are covered in mud. We should have a bath."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 10, 2012, 04:57:08 am »

"Um 'wallowing pigs'?  Ya, we did get a bit messy with the trap."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 10, 2012, 01:08:29 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:18:16 pm by Omicega »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 10, 2012, 04:34:30 pm »

"Wallohing, what is Wallohing? glückliche is a good feeling word." *She giggles again* "We have made this place all muddy too."

*A bucket and a large pigtail cloth levitate out from under a near by table. The fills itself with water from a basin as the cloth dips its' self into the water. The cloth falls to the ground and starts to wipe up all the muddy hoof prints, when the prints are all cleaned up the pigtail cloth goes into the bucket and spins around until all the dirt is in the bucket, which floats outside to empty itself over the wall. Two more buckets then fill themselves and head for Glyph and Flux*

"Watch out you two, it is bath time."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 10, 2012, 04:47:51 pm »

"Oh, happy little pigs?  Uh wallowing is just what pigs do in mud, I guess.  I, uh, never farmed pigs."

I barely notice the cleaning happening as I blather along.  However, once the cloth heads my way, I realize what's about to happen.

"Wait, bath time?  Here?!"

I start to struggle to get out of Stiletto's grasp, but to no avail as the cloth gets closer.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 10, 2012, 04:57:21 pm »

"A-a bath... h-here? B-but.."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 10, 2012, 05:08:31 pm »

Stiletto smiles impishly "Oops." very suddenly Stilettos' grip on the two 'trapped' stallions loosens dramatically

"Oh, you're so schlüpfrig. I can not get a good hold." *Wink*
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 239