Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225469 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #930 on: February 22, 2012, 02:07:15 am »

Virtue's Diary - 17th Felsite, 256

Hickory gave birth in the wee hours of the morning to an earth pony filly she named Sheer Delight.  I hate to admit that I've been a bit preoccupied thinking about a foal of my own the last few weeks.  I don't think Harvest Moon is quite ready for that, so I haven't been pressuring him, but I think he'll turn around soon.  I've seen the way he looks at the foals playing around the settlement.

21st Felsite, 256

We had a couple of thieves show up today.  Flux's trap design for the gate worked fantastically, I must admit.  The militia was standing at the gate just in case, headed by none other than Glyph himself, but they were hardly needed.  Partisan, Jaxler and Storm Cloud put the thieves out of their misery with a few bolts after they stumbled onto the weapon traps.

5th Hematite, 256

It's been a while since we had anypony come under one of those strange moods, but Willow was the victim today.  She stumbled off to a craftshop with an otherworldly look in her eyes and started fetching random things.  So far all of these strange moods have turned out alright, I'm sure she'll be fine.

14th Hematite, 256

Willow finished what she was working on today, an exquisite piccolo.  She says that she actually knows a bit about music, but hasn't played a piccolo in decades.  I hope she takes to it, we could always use more to keep everypony's spirits up, and I think some music now and again would be a great addition to our community.

We also put some more work into the fishing pier, and I hope Ocean Breeze will be back to fishing within the next few months.  She has to have been bored out of her mind all this time, having nothing much to do.

7th Malachite, 256

We've had a fair bit going on lately actually.  First off, Ocean Breeze gave birth again around dinner time today to a unicorn filly the family named Chestnut.  Her coat matched the name, and she was a cute little filly.  Still no luck winning Harvest Moon over, and I think he might have a point about us waiting a bit for any children.  We'll get there one day.

Otherwise, we've started working on some new housing.  We've got enough for everypony already, but it never hurts to be ready for the future.  I think we'll construct maybe an extra ten or so homes for now.  Oh, and since we've finally got rooms for everypony, we started back on the church.  It should be done before too much longer.  Grapple has been quite patient about this, although I'm not sure how everypony feels about diverting our resources there, but without the housing crunch it's not such a big deal.

1st Galena, 256

It came to my attention that we've been accumulating a lot of junk here in Dawnpick, so I had Flux design a garbage compactor.  We tested it out today, and managed to crush a lot of garbage.  We'll probably be using it periodically to crush junk from now on, and I've warned everypony, especially the children about how dangerous it is.  I hope they've all listened.

The other news today is that the ballista trap has been completed and we're planning on giving it a shot soon.  Pun intended.

What could go wrong?

Oh, but before we try that, I'm glad to report that the fishing pier is finished!  We can finally get Ocean Breeze back to fishing up whatever is in the brook to the south.  We haven't had any fish or turtle in ages, and I'm sure adding that back to our diet should raise spirits a bit.

17th Galena, 256

I feel absolutely sick right now.  We tried the trap in the upper caverns today, and we all but got everypony killed.  Chic breached the caverns as the lever was pulled to rais the drawbridge so we could arm the trap.  The timing couldn't have been worse.

Two of the monsters surged inside as she breached the cavern.  I didn't witness the battle, thank goodness, but I've got Halberd, Naginata and Partisan's word to go by and it must have been a horrific sight.  Falcata was badly wounded.  I saw Glaive and Wool carrying her out of the mines, blood running from cuts on her throat and rents in her smashed hoof.  She's alive, but Panacea and Wool are tending to her now.  I feel awful for her.  This is the second time she's come close to death trying to defend us, and all because the trap wasn't executed right.  I should have been there to oversee it.

I'm going to check up on her right away.  I hope she's alright.  I won't be able to take it if she doesn't make it.

Naginata's Diary - 17th Galena

The battle in the mines was horrifying, and I don't put that lightly.  I am absolutely astonished that we all walked away with our lives.  Something went wrong with the timing, and two of the monsters managed to break in before we could safely seal it off again.  Chic ran for her life, which was a smart move.  Then it was up to us to hold out against the monsters.  The first, a giant insect of some horrific variety set upon Falcata, who stood her ground admirably.

She struck at it several times before it grabbed her by the throat with its massive maw and tried to strangle the life from her.  Then Glaive rushed to her rescue, hacking and tearing at the monster with his axe with a ferocity I don't think I've ever seen from him, and for that matter just about anypony.  It fell to his axe, and Falcata collapsed to the ground, smashing a hoof in the process.

None of my squad even got to engage.  Glaive crushed that monster by himself, and Halberd destroyed the other on his own.  We were prepared to fight anything else that dared show itself, but thankfully the bridge closed off the caverns and we managed to get Falcata back to the surface before she bled too much.  As if that wasn't enough, we ran into a number of gremlins on the way out, no doubt set on fiddling with the levers.  We dispatched them quickly.

Falcata has a bit of a problem in that she's by far the fastest pony in the militia.  Which means she gets to the fights fast and thus stands alone sometimes.  This time it nearly killed her.  Good thing her coltfriend was there to help her!

Virtue's Diary - 27th Galena, 256

I was relieved to hear from Panacea this morning that Falcata is going to be fine.  She got a few cuts on her throat, but they weren't that deep.  Her hoof is going to take some time to heal, but she's going to be perfectly fine.  I'm just so happy that nopony was killed, and that she's going to be alright.  At least now the trap is ready to be used properly next time.  Let's hope her suffering hasn't been in vain.

A zebra caravan also arrived this morning.  They didn't have all that much that we needed, but I bought some food and drink from them from a lot of the stuff the thieves left behind.

Speaking of the thieves, two more showed up with the caravan, but the traps and militia dispatched them quickly and without incident.  After the badger pony thieves though, we had a diamond dog thief show up who actually managed to get inside.  The caravan guard chased him off, but Jaxler managed to put a bolt between his shoulders and end his misery after they beat him into submission.

4th Limestone, 256

We had another diamond dog thief show up today, who nearly scared me to death.  I was helping Panacea move some water to the well from the moat, and I stumbled right into him.  Jaxler was nearby and ran him off, thank goodness.  I must say, we've had our differences in the past, but Jaxler showed me today that he's taking his job seriously and isn't going to let any past misunderstandings get in the way of it.

Other than that, I'm happy to say that Falcata left the hospital today.  Her hoof is healing quickly, and Panacea says she'll be back to work in no time.  I told all of the militia and the guard to take a little time off though.  They've all earned it.  We shouldn't be expecting any attacks soon, but I think I'll have the gate raised to be sure.  Once they've all had some time to recover I'll ask them to resume their normal schedules.

I think I'm going to take the opportunity to have Glaive and Falcata spend some more quality time together.  I'd think after that little incident they'd be more than just acquaintances!
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 22, 2012, 03:49:41 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:15:53 pm by Omicega »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 22, 2012, 04:08:31 pm »

As before, that's awesome.  :D  I think Falcata deserves a little something special for her sacrifices to Dawnpick.  Now... what to give her?  Maybe her armor or weapon deserves a little decoration... or something nice for her home?  Hmm...

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 22, 2012, 04:18:10 pm »

Flux' Journal, Felsite 21

Wow, I did not expect my traps to be that... efficient?  Messy?  Both?  At least they seem to be keeping the thieves out, which means that the militia doesn't have to risk their lives as much.

Hematite 5

Willow decided she had to build something and took over a craft shop.  All these weird inspirations to make things, it's so strange.  I suppose I'm not one to talk, though.  Maybe Willow will make something better than my splint.

Hematite 14

Willow finished her project!  It's a piccolo unlike any I've ever seen.  I didn't know they could be made from stone, or that spikes could be made from leather, but she managed both.  I wonder if anypony'd let me play it.

Hematite 20

Virtue came to me and asked for me to design a trash compactor.  I didn't know we had that much junk, but I said I'd try.  I have a few ideas on how to generate the force needed...*Several different simple designs follow, using a variety of methods for crushing garbage.*

Galena 1

Tested the trash compactor today, to great success!  Needless to say, it's very dangerous to be inside it, so we've put up tons of warnings about staying out and how to make sure nopony is inside when it's activated.  Speaking of dangerous things, the trap in the cavern for those big things is almost complete!  The timing for breaching the cavern will probably be tricky, but the theory looks very sound.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 22, 2012, 04:22:50 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:15:44 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 22, 2012, 05:07:54 pm »

Jaxler’s journal 21st Felsite, 256
More thieves showed up today. Flux’s traps are really demented effective. They eviscerated one of the thieves, disemboweled the other and the last one was missing his leg. Me, Storm Cloud and Partisan ended up acting as the cleanup crew and put them out of their misery. I still don't know why these thieves don't learn that they are only gonna die if they come here.

1st Galena, 256
The ballista is finished. With that in mind I can only assume that we are gonna go into the caverns soon. I guess we’ll see how effective the plan that Partisan thought up is. I should probably hold off on drinking heavily until after we breach the caves.

17th Galena, 256
DAMNIT. The plan failed. Falcata about had her windpipe crushed by one of those abominations. I bucking can't believe we suffered a casualty, the plan wasn't supposed to allow for casualties. Where the hell did we screw up. I was in the room when we made the plan all those months ago so why didn't I see the possibility for error.

18th Galena, 256
My head hurts right now, I’m currently writing from what appears to be the pier. I woke up around five minutes ago. From what I can gather, My crossbow is up in a tree, there appears to be a barrel in the water near me, and I have a gash in my left hoof (I don’t know how I got it). It’s about noon and should have been on patrol about three hours ago but I think I’m just not going to show up for work today. I still feel like crap after yesterday.

27th Galena, 256
We had some thieves show up today. The militia killed most of them but one diamond dog thought it would be smart to rob the caravan that’s in town right now. The poor guy got caught and ran off, so I chased him down and put a bolt in his back. I felt like taking out some bottled up rage on the guy and started bashing his head in with my crossbow when the caravan guard showed up and finished him off.

4th Limestone, 256
Penance let Falcata out of the hospital today, so I guess she isn't to bucked up after the accident. I Also had to save Virtue today. Some thief snuck up on her and I was nearby. So I shot a few bolts at the thief and he ran off, so I guess nothing out of the ordinary happened today.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:34:45 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 22, 2012, 08:34:26 pm »

((sarrz for the double post))

Jaxler had a lot to think about. he had had gone a few days without any booze, he really didn't feel like drinking. You can't think when your drunk, you also can't think when there is too much noise. So he wen't to the only place where a pony could get any peace and quite, the crypt. he came down into the dark underground, it was damp, eerie, and depressing but he was already depressed, so he sat and contemplated. He had recently been demoralized by an alicorn and felt accountable for another pony almost dying. He needed to do some deep thinking. Time went by and after about what seemed to be an hour of deep thought he looked up and saw a coffin, it was barley's. "Lucky bastard"

he looked around and saw that somepony else was coming down into the crypt.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:49:57 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 22, 2012, 08:50:42 pm »

After the recent success of the new traps Flux developed, I was even more excited to work underneath him. Hopefully some of his awesomeness will rub off onto me. I can dream can't I? Speaking of awesome I see Jaxler walk into the crypt. However, instead of him being generally badass, he seemed kinda down. I didn't want to interrupt him so I quietly followed behind him. As Jaxler stopped to look at one of the coffins, I was on the last step of the staircase.

He then turned around and spotted me when I stepped onto the floor.

"Uh... hey Jaxler, something wrong?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 22, 2012, 09:05:28 pm »

Jaxler got up when he noticed Granite had been watching him.

"oh hay Granite, what brings you to a place like this?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 22, 2012, 09:06:16 pm »

Hello there, i have stumbled upon This little interesting adventure over 6 hours ago. Needless to say, i have been spending this past 6 hours reading everything from page 1 to 63 and it seems like you have quite an interesting play going on. and a few ponies less to say the least. That's why i register an account just for this occasion, Would it be okay for me to join into this aswell? because i would love to partake in your adventure.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 22, 2012, 09:09:41 pm »

"Nothing really brings me here, I mean this place is all so gloomy and depressing; which brings the next question: Why are you here? And more importantly why are you so sad?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 22, 2012, 09:21:21 pm »

((Welcome to the team. I'm pretty sure that Telgin will let you join so in order to save his time you might want to choose the pony you want. If you click the yellow spoilers on the first page one of them will give you the list of available/taken ponies.))

"Sad? Hmmm..." Jaxler thought for a moment "We'll right now things are making me depressed. So I came down here in order to get some peace and quite, so I could think them over."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:23:27 pm by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 22, 2012, 09:28:43 pm »

"Sorry in advance for destroying your peace and quiet, but what things are making you sad?"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 22, 2012, 09:31:18 pm »

Hello there, i have stumbled upon This little interesting adventure over 6 hours ago. Needless to say, i have been spending this past 6 hours reading everything from page 1 to 63 and it seems like you have quite an interesting play going on. and a few ponies less to say the least. That's why i register an account just for this occasion, Would it be okay for me to join into this aswell? because i would love to partake in your adventure.

Hello!  You're more than welcome to join.  Did you have any particular pony in mind?  Jaxler hit the nail on the head here:

((Welcome to the team. I'm pretty sure that Telgin will let you join so in order to save his time you might want to choose the pony you want. If you click the yellow spoilers on the first page one of them will give you the list of available/taken ponies.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 22, 2012, 09:37:20 pm »

[ hmm, a Pegasus Female, i would prefer to know the specific appearances, white coat black mane Red eyes. If that's not possible to find then that's alright.
Skillet the cook and Willow the farmer seems to fit the rough description. But i prefer a name change to "Kat" , i've seen "Grapple" being inserted in a rather creative way, i wonder if that's also possible. Well, we'll have to see what Telgin have to say then. Just to say now, i look forward in joining the guards, seems like you could use an extra markspony.  ;) see you in the game real soon everypony. (hopefully) ]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 239