Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 225195 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1245 on: March 01, 2012, 01:40:31 am »

"Hehe, your gonna die anyway, why that's so hilariously observant of you."
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 01, 2012, 01:47:44 am »

I reach out a hoof and place it on Kat's withers. I think about saying something, but I cant think of any words, so I just sit there, trying to reign in my own thoughts.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 01, 2012, 01:54:36 am »

Kat Decide to stand up to open the barrel of Hard cider and have a drink from it. That helped. And when she's done drinking, she sits back down again, letting out a content sigh, looking somewhat less tired and more back to her energetic self.

"Thanks Jaxler, i guess i'll have to thank my mother about that.. i swear one of the first things she taught me was that 'I'm going to die one day, Your Father's going to die one day, All of your friends will die one day, And you will eventually Die one day. So don't make a big fuss out of it. I'm not dead yet today, Your Father's not Dead yet today, your friends aren't dead yet today, and you're not Dead yet. So Instead of wasting time thinking about what's not happening yet, Think and decide what you're going to do today.' So i decide to Enjoy life as i live it." she finished with a beaming smile. Offering Jaxler and Glyph some of the Cider aswell
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:49:26 am by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 01, 2012, 01:58:09 am »

I take a bit of cider sitting back down close to Kat. "Well... I guess I can see that... might as well enjoy what you have instead of worrying about what might happen."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 01, 2012, 02:01:19 am »

The Greyish Pegasi nodded and smiles as Glyph sits back down pretty closely to her. She doesn't seems to mind that. "mmhmm.. hey.. Glyph?" She said, looking at him with another smile on her face. "Thanks.." Then she turns back to watch the Militia do their training drills.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:49:38 am by vkiNm »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 01, 2012, 03:38:58 am »

Update at last.  Complete with artwork and considerable length!

New ponies:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll be backtracking a bit in history here to patch things to make sense.

7th Malachite, 256

I'm so excited!  I've been thinking it to myself for a while now, but it's finally gotten to the point where nopony could deny it any longer.  I'm pregnant!  I stopped by the hospital to talk with Panacea today, and she had Wool work a little magic to confirm it!  She says I'm due in anywhere from two to three months now, but it's hard to guess.  Just one little foal, but I didn't really doubt that.  She said she can't tell if it's a boy or a girl yet, nor can she tell what kind of pony it is.  I'm not sure I want to know, keeping it a surprise just makes me even more excited.

Harvest Moon was overjoyed to hear it too.  I knew he secretly wanted a little foal of his own, and now he'll have one!

27th Galena, 256

I suppose things had been going a bit too quietly lately.  We had a bit of an upset with the caravan that arrived.  From what I gather, some of the guards were assaulted and there were suspicions that some ponies might have attempted to either make off with merchandise and / or bribe the guards to look away.  It took some convincing, but I managed to calm them all down.  I offered them all a free hot meal in the dining hall and some drink to ease the tension.  Once they were all settled I talked with the caravan master and paid for the damages.  I hope our relations haven't been too strained by this.

That little Granite was largely to blame for this is unsettling to say the least, but I spoke with his father and I think his parents will be handling any disciplining there is to be done.  I didn't tell them this, but we ended up paying a few thousand bits out of the town treasury to settle everything.  Normally I'd be a bit more upset about that than I am, but we're so oversupplied in everything we need I don't think the money will be missed.  Not that we can make it a habit, of course.

28th Limestone, 256

Today was the day!  Little Rose came into the world today.  She's more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.  The moment we saw her, both Harvest Moon and I knew the name Rose was hers.  We were both quite shocked to learn that she was a unicorn!  I don't have any unicorn blood in my family as far back as I can remember, although Harvest Moon says he has some on his mother's side.  I suppose that's just the way it happens.

We'll worry with how to teach her magic when that day comes.  Right now I'm utterly exhausted.  I knew childbirth was painful and draining, but until you've gone through it, you really have no idea.  I owe Wool a tremendous amount for the pain relief he was able to give me though.  Both he and Panacea are wonderful doctors, and we all owe so much to them.

2nd Sandstone, 256

Something terrible happened today.  I'm not sure what they were doing down there, but several ponies were exploring the caverns earlier today.  Flux got scratched up pretty badly, but Jaxler was all but killed.  I feel horrible for him.  If Stiletto hadn't been there, both of them would surely have died.  The stress of dealing with the ponies here getting injured, and nearly killed, is starting to wear on me.  I don't know how much more if it I can take.

I don't know how they even got in there.  They must have bypassed the trap for some reason.  Maybe Flux was just inspecting it.  I don't know.  I need to speak with him about making sure that nopony else gets by it, especially the children.

I'm exhausted.  Raising a child is more demanding than I think either of us realized, and I haven't been getting enough sleep lately.  I'm sure I'll manage though.  I've got the best stallion in Dawnpick to lean on when I need to.  Which has been more than I'd hoped for lately, I'm afraid.

11th Sandstone, 256

Grapple's church was finally finished today.  I haven't heard much out of him lately, which makes me wonder if maybe he's ticked off enough of the locals to keep it all to himself.  Whatever the case, I'll let him know next time I see him that the work is done and he can do with it as he sees fit.

It's not much to look at.  Just some tables and chairs.  I'll probably designate it as a meeting area, which I haven't done yet.

A little scare today had me remember to return the military to active duty.  Jaxler was busying himself making some bolts for the guard when a diamond dog stumbled upon him.  He put the thing down with a few shots of his crossbow using those new bolts, but if a diamond dog was able to sneak into the settlement that means it's time to get everypony back on their hooves watching for trouble.  The badger ponies likely won't be far behind.

I also heard that we've got a new member of the guard.  Somepony named Kat asked to join up, and Partisan let her in.  That makes four crossbow armed ponies to back up the militia and watch for trouble.  Our settlement grows every year, so we'll need all of the help we can get.  I hope she does well.

Which reminds me.  I saw Billows give Falcata her repaired armor today.  I think we're going to start a tradition where those wounded in battle will get a medal of sorts.  In this case I had Billows fashion a small medal out of some of the gold we dug up and stud her armor with it.  She's nearly died twice on our behalf.  I think she's earned it.  He also gave her a suit of double-weave chain to replace her current chain mail.  It's a bit heavier, but even more resistant to damage.

I hope the rest of the militia isn't put off by her getting the gift.  Glaive and Halberd deserve something too, which I'll have to think about.  Jaxler too, come to think of it.  He nearly lost his life trying to save Flux.  That deserves a reward too, but I'll have to think of what.  Perhaps a medal like Falcata's.

Woohoo, studded with gold.  It's not much, but I couldn't think of much else to do that seemed appropriate.  I didn't want to go overboard, else Virtue feels even worse about looking like she's playing favorites.

17th Sandstone, 256

These strange moods have taken a frightening turn for the worse today.  Sienna, one of the older foals was possessed by some desire today and claimed a craftspony shop.  That this madness could grip even our children frightens me to the core.  Will Rose be next?  I shudder to think of the possibilities.  At least nopony has shown any ill effect from them yet.  I fear that may only be a temporary thing though.

Speaking of foals, Naginata gave birth around lunch time today.  I had a bit more sympathy for her when I heard about it this time, and went to go see the little earth pony filly, who she and Marbles named Floral.  She's adorable, just like Rose.

I worry what might happen if Naginata is ever badly injured, or worse, killed.  To leave so many ponies behind would tear my heart out.  But she insists on staying in the militia.

19th Sandstone, 256

Sienna has begun feverishly working on whatever it was she started on.  At least her possession will be over soon.  While I watched her work away, I saw Stiletto and Flux worrying themselves with the well.  I know it's been a bit stagnant lately, so we've needed a solution to that problem.  Perhaps they'll think of something soon.

23rd Sandstone, 256

Sienna finished her crown today.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  She claims she's never heard of the creature depicted on it, and neither have I.  For now she said to do with it as we wanted, so I had it moved to the stockpiles.  Maybe we'll find a use for it some day.

After taking care of that and seeing to it that she was alright, I bumped into Flux who told me that the entrance to the mines has been completely surrounded with traps.  That should keep the badger ponies out, although the diamond dogs seem to be able to get by the traps without much difficulty.  In any case, we've made it abundantly clear to everypony that the traps are there, and especially for the children to not go near them.   After what happened to Flux and Jaxler, and doubly so now that we've got traps there, I think only the miners and militia when needed should be heading down to the mines.

That ought to keep the badger ponies out.  Haven't had a big problem with them and the mine, but why take chances when I'm stuffed to the gills with steel?

25th Timber, 256

Now that the church and fishing pier have been completed, I had the masons go back to work on the keep, while the carpenters set back to building new housing for our future.  The keep is likely to take another year to finish completely, but it's getting there.  Once it's ready, we'll have an above ground safehouse if we need it, and a place to possibly station the guard to fire on intruders from safety.

Speaking of thieves, we had a grand total of six attack today, which is a new record.  Three badger ponies tried to sneak in, only to meet the militia after they were spotted by Partisan.  One was cut down by Naginata as he tried to make off with her newborn.  I don't have any sympathy for him.  The second was killed by Sarissa, who intercepted him on the bridge after he was maimed by our trap network.  The third tried to sneak into the mines where he met a similar fate by the new trap network.  I suppose I spoke true when I said how dangerous the traps were.

The other three were diamond dogs.  Halberd killed one that made it onto the bridge, whily Sarissa wrestled one to the ground inside the walls and crushed his skull.  I was unfortunately there to witness that.  Why they keep invading when they meet this fate is beyond me.  At least the third had enough sense to run at the sight.  Last we saw of him he was disappearing over the hill to the north.

9th Moonstone, 256

Glaze gave birth again today, making this her fourth foal.  She and Cleaver named the little unicorn filly Wisteria.  An interesting name for her, but regardless she was a cute little thing.  I hope Granite and his siblings are looking forward to a new little sister!

In unrelated news, the keep is coming along faster than I expected, and my new office is ready for me to move my things in.  It's going to take some getting used to, since I've spent close to seven years in my old one, but I'm sure I'll get acclimated.  I need the space.  And I'm sure Partisan will appreciate moving his office out of the barracks into my old office, where he too can have a little more space.

What's the first thing Partisan did when he moved in?  Dropped his socks all over the floor. ???

15th Opal, 256

Apparently there was a bit of a mishap regarding Stiletto and Flux' new water purifier.  I heard ponies shouting and came running to see it spewing water everywhere.  Nopony was hurt thankfully, and they got it shut down in time.  I hope they're a bit more careful before turning it on again.

Whoops.  Forgot to wall up the back of the dwarven water reactor.  Let's try that again...

21st Opal, 256

Stiletto and Flux apparently fixed their little toy.  I walked by today to see the great waterwheels powering a pump, which in turn powered the wheels.  Flux swears it's impossible for a machine to work that way, but Stiletto enchanted it with some of her magic.  It also cleans the water going into the well, which is being siphoned from the moat.  We shouldn't ever have to worry about running out now!

Speaking of water though, Ocean Breeze dropped by my office to tell me that she thinks we've fished up everything in the brook to the south.  I'm not sure if there is anyplace else safe nearby to fish from, so I'll have to think about what to do regarding that.  Maybe nothing for now, but we can maybe expand the pier if we need to.

I have some more I could write up but I'm exhausted and that's long enough already. :D  I'll post the rest tomorrow plus a little more gameplay tomorrow.  At least one sorta interesting development, maybe two.  I'll also try and get a save uploaded somewhere, as per TALLPANZER's request, so you guys can poke around and get a feel for Dawnpick.  And notice all of the stuff I'm doing wrong.  :P
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 01, 2012, 06:01:27 pm »

Jaxler's journal

3rd Sandstone, 256
I’m in the hospital right now. My front legs, my right wing, and ribs are broken and I can hardly see straight with all the medical magic Wool cast on me. I can’t believe I went down to the caves yesterday, I heard the stories about the monsters down there but I was foalish enough to go into them. I ended up being a meat shield for Flux, when some cave swallows and a cave Ogre attacked us. In the end stiletto had to save my life and drag me all way up here. I also think I might have dropped my crossbow down there.

4th sandstone, 256
Note to self: never mix alcohol with medical magic.
I feel really funky right now. Earlier in the day I had Arbalest bring in some booze, I knew panacea would take it away the moment she saw the barrel so I took the closest bucket and filled it with booze. So I’ve been drinking moonshine and right now I feel really funky. In fact I’m amazed I can even wright right now.

8th sandstone, 256
I got out of the hospital today. I’m in casts and need a crutch to move around but aside from that I’m fine. The first thing I did today was walk down to the caves and grab my crossbow, which is in pretty bad condition. The things covered in mold, is rotting, all the metal parts are rusted, the string is gone and it has a few cracks in it. Also turns out somepony named Kat wants to join the guard, she said she would be willing to die in the place of a civilian no matter what so she seems right for the job. Oh, almost forgot, today’s my birthday. today I turn 73.

11th sandstone, 256
Today was more eventful than normal. I spent the first five hours of the day walking around town trying to get my crossbow fixed. Wool apparently was able to un-rot the wood and I had to talk to 3 woodcrafters before one said he would help with the cracks. Then I had to steel some string from the stockpiles and finally I had to get a mechanic to redo the firing mechanism. In the end I spent 800 bits but at least my crossbow seems to be fine now. I even got to test it on a diamond dog today. The poor bastard tried sneaking up on, probably thought I’d be easy seeing how I’m in a cast. in the end I put 7 bolts in him.

25th Timber, 256
We wiped out some thieves today. So, nothing out of the ordinary happened.

9th Moonstone, 256
I got my casts off today. I can now walk and fly.  The more I look at my wing the more I realize that it really got mauled, it’s just scarred like hell. I’ve got tree huge scars plus the one that diamond dog gave me last year. I also got a scar from where panacea cut me open and put my ribs back together, and then of course of got my burn scar. me left leg looks a bit dented too.

21st Moonstone, 256
Well, I woke up on top of the keep for some reason. I have I splitting head ache and the sunlight burns. I had to fly away the moment I realized where I was because I didn’t want partisan to catch me up there. I also found my crossbow under a tree on the other side of the fort.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:46:29 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 01, 2012, 09:29:08 pm »

Glaive's Journal 28th Limestone, 256

Miss Virtue had her foal today. A young unicorn filly named Rose. The name is obvious if you see her.

Glaive's Journal 2nd Sandstone, 256

Jaxler and Flux were in the caverns today, while I was on patrol. Apparently they ran into a cave ogre and some giant cave swallows. Nasty luck. By all rights Jaxler should be dead, but apparently Stiletto heard the yelling and managed to save them both. Flux has some minor injuries, but Jaxler will be out of commission for awhile.

Glavie's Journal

We were drilling formation fighting in the caverns. It was certainly needed practice. A lot of the recruits have never fought in an organized manner. We've spared with them, and taught them how to fight on their own. But the warrior who fights alone, dies alone. But what really troubles me is that that alicorn, Stiletto was giving the orders. And Commander Halbard was right there, even listening to her himself. I want to know what gives her the right to command us. She hasn't been promoted as far as I know, nor was she wearing anything to signify her new position. Is everypony just going along with this because she's an Alicorn? Or because she's from Deutchmeinerland? I wanted to talk to the Commander, or Captain Naginata, or even Miss Virtue about it, but I don't think that's wise. Stiletto is a good soldier and ((the sentence ends abruptly here))

I need to try harder.

Glaive's Jorunal 11th Sandstone, 256

They have finished the construction on that preacher's chapel. Can't say, I approve of Virtue setting aside that much of our resources for his church when we don't even have a proper shrine to the old gods. Of course we also don't have a priest for them. I'd bring it up but I can't say I was ever very pious, and without somepony to properly perform the rituals, our individual prayers will have to be enough.

Also, Falcata had some wonderful gilding done to her armor under Virtue's orders. The steel and gold look good on her, though if it's her reward for being injured I hope she never get's any more. She's also being given a new thicker steel chain mail shirt. I just hope she doesn't take it as an insult to her fighting ability. She's certainly a tremendous fighter, but her speed can get her in over her head.

Glaive's Journal 17th Sandstone, 256

Another one of those strange moods has struck. This time a mere foal. All the others have been fine. I hope this one goes as peacefully as before.

Glaive's Journal 9th Moonstone, 256

Construction on the keep is coming along nicely, and it seems that miss Virtue is setting up her new office as I write this. Seems a little small to me honestly, if we are going to be calling it a keep, but it's stone and it's strong. I'm going to suggest setting up a stock of food and drink in the basement along with a large stockpile of bolts and crossbows on the second floor (with fortifications to shoot from.) if the outer defenses are breached we need to be able to hole up in there for potentially a long time.

Glaive's Journal 21st Opal, 256

So it seems that Stiletto and her coltfriend Flux have set up a water purifier. That is great news, the water the well has been providing is muddy as hell, I've been having to make due with grog. But it is nice to have some clean pure water to drink. I looked over the contraption, I'm no mechanic but, it seems that they got it powered by a self maintaining spell, it should run for ever, or near to it. That's some very advanced magic, didn't know Stiletto could do that. If she's got that kind of talent, she's wasted as a warrior, should be making more use out of her skills.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 01, 2012, 09:54:49 pm »

Glyphs journal 16

I was late to training in the caverns today, well technically I skipped it. But I had a good reason journal! There was a Pegasus there that I didn't know, a civilian, so I decided to stay with her just in case anything decided to attack. Her name was Kat, and she wants to be a guard. I hope she makes it in, she seems like a good pony. She's nice, and well I guess I can write this seeing as nopony else will read it, I think she's really cute... After Stiletto started teaching me about all the things in her culture... umm maybe I won't write that... even if Kat won't see this.

Glyphs journal 18

Virtue had a foal journal! I was even able to see her, such a cute little unicorn... I haven't seen any stables like back home, maybe I should talk to Virtue about that. Even if the families want to look after their foals, they still need to work, not to mention the militiaponies who have foals. I could volunteer as Pen-Father even! I have all that free time, would be nice to take care of the sweetlings while their parents worked... and if I did... I wouldn't have to worry about ((The page is stained a bit here, as if water had dripped onto it))
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:07:03 pm by JaxtalMK2 »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 01, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »

Flux' Journal Limestone 28

Virtue had her foal today!  She's an absolutely adorable little unicorn, named Rose after her coat.

Sandstone 17

Another pony was inspired to make something today.  The thing that's kinda concerning is that it was one of the foals: Sienna.  She's doing like everypony else, though, and just yelling about needing something to work with.  I wonder if she'll earn her mark for whatever she makes?

Sandstone 23

She finished her project: a crown.  It's got quite the engraving on it, though I'm not sure what it actually is.  It's a really nice crown, though.  Oh, I also finished securing the mine entrance with more traps.  I still prefer the blade traps to anything else so far.  They're... messy, but effective.  Stiletto is bringing over her plans for a water purifier for the well so we can refine them, so I'll write more later.

Opal 15

We finished the purifier and started it up, but I think I may be cursed when it comes to seals.  It sprayed water all over the place, but nopony was hurt.  Stiletto and I had a good laugh about it, even.  We just need to redo that seal and try again.

Opal 21

It works!  The seals held and now the water should be totally free of mud!  The power source took a bit of Stiletto's magic to keep going, but it's apparently not too hard a spell.  It's kinda weird to watch it go, a water wheel powered by a pump that's powered by the same wheel.  Ah well, it works!
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 01, 2012, 10:31:22 pm »

Second half of the update is here.

Virtue's Diary - 8th Obsidian, 256

Loom gave birth to her first foal today: a little unicorn colt the family named Maize.  Loom hasn't been particularly busy the past few months, but I officially gave her some time off anyway.  I know what it's like having your first foal now, and I know she's going to need that time to recover and to get to know her little bundle of joy.

After bidding them farewell at the hospital, I noticed Naginata and Glyph sparring out in front of the barracks.  Glyph has come a long way since he switched over from being a mason to joining the militia, but Naginata is easily one of our best soldiers.  She's close to Halberd's skill, and so he didn't get many hits in, but he's a fast learner.  I think he'll do us proud one day.

Looks like Glyph finally got a chance to spar with Naginata. :)

24th Obsidian, 256

The rainbow ponies arrived with a caravan today, along with our outpost liaison and homeland caravan.  After our last little fiasco at the trade depot I was afraid word might have spread and traders would be hesitant to show up, but there were no problems.  That is, until a couple of badger pony thieves attacked the caravan and slew one of their draft animals.  The guards dealt with the problem at least.

Once we got everypony inside, we helped them move some things to the depot and I traded for some of the usual things.  I traded away some scavanged clothing and detritus left behind by previous encounters with the badger pony thieves, as well as a few crafts in exchange for some cheese, drink an orange tree and a chicken.  I came to realize that we could use a little variety in our diet, so I'll make it a point to grab a few chicken hens or other poultry to try and get some eggs coming in.

While all of this was going on, I hear Hickory gave birth to a pegasus Filly that the family named Clear Skies.  I didn't get to see him today before they spirited off home, but I'll put in for her to have a little time off for maternity leave.

7th Granite

Well, I'm not as excited as I was the day Rose was born, but today takes a close second!

I was heading to the dining hall to snatch a bite to eat before I went to clear a few work orders, when I noticed that it was awfully quiet outside.  Nopony was around!  When I stepped inside, I was nearly floored by a surprise party everypony threw for me!

I had no idea what it was for of course, until Harvest Moon stepped over to me and handed me a letter from Coupledye.  Sealed by the king himself.  Apparently he's so impressed with what we've done here, that he's appointed me baroness of Dawnpick and made the surrounding lands an official barony!  The liaison officer spoke with Storm Cloud about it, and he seconded the recommendation.  I'm glad he thinks I'm fit for the job!

I'm not so sure myself.  I don't know how I feel about being a noble of anysort.  I'm just a regular pony.  And it's a lot of responsibility.  The letter mentioned that since we're officially a barony now, we're expected to start exporting some of the steel we produce here.  It was our original purpose after all.  I'll have to go check the stocks on that tomorrow sometime.  But for now, I'm going to snuggle up with my stallion and get a little sleep.  I think I might have had a bit too much wine at the party, and I'm pretty beat.

Oh, but first, I forgot to mention Detergent gave birth to an earth pony filly today named Daisy.  She wasn't able to make it to the party, but I made sure to have some of the food saved for her and her family.

19th Slate, 257

Totem was the next victim of the strange moods.  I'm glad at least it wasn't one of the children this time.  And he seems to be in a bit of a better mood than Sienna was when she was possessed.  He's off to one of the workshops and is gathering random things.  He hasn't had a lot to do here in Dawnpick lately, other than help Flux set up some traps, so maybe he'll find a new trade to start this way?

5th Felsite, 257

Totem finished what he was working on today: a giraffe bone crupper.  It looks quite intimidating and would be a fitting part of our militia, except Halberd promptly told me it was worthless in a fight compared to steel and I suppose he's right.  I told Totem he could keep it and do whatever he sees fit.  I hear he hung it on the wall in his home, which seems appropriate.

While I was worrying over that, Glaive stopped by and had a good recommendation related to the keep.  He suggested a few things about fortifying it for use as a firing tower in the event that we ever do get invaders inside the walls, and I can't say I fault his logic.  The idea about stockpiling some things in the cellar sounds like a good idea too.  There's enough room for everypony to pack inside if we had to in an emergency, so I think I'll go through with his plans at the earliest opportunity.

11th Malachite, 257

My heart nearly leaped out of my chest when I heard from Powder Miner that something large had been caught in the ballista trap.  I immediately had the guard head down there with Arbalest to take a look at killing it, but the ballista was positioned wrong so he couldn't get a clear shot at it.  I feel kind of dumb now, looking at the plans.  It's obvious what I missed, but we can't fix it with the beast in there.

Instead I had the miners carve some fortifications into the walls so that the guard could take shots at it with their crossbows.

Going to have to relocate the ballista or something I think.  At least I got some fortifications carved to shoot and get some easy markspony skill!

Partisan and his ponies shot all of the wooden bolts we had stockpiled but they didn't manage to get a whole lot accomplished.  I sent down the order to Pewter to get some iron bolts made, hopefully they'll make a difference.

16th Malachite, 257

Morale took a bit of a dive after everypony heard about the beast, but by now everypony seems to have mostly returned to normal, since it can't get out.  The bolts are almost ready to take another crack at the monster.

I was a bit surprised to hear that Panacea and Saw Dust were married today, considering what just happened!  But from what I hear this is what it took shy Saw Dust to propose to her.  I talked with her a bit after the reception and she told me that he was a nervous wreck the night we captured it, and he decided it was time to move on in their relationship in case it was too late soon.  I certainly hope it doesn't come to that, but I'm glad to see them married.  They've been dating for seven years now, and I could see on their faces how happy they were.

20th Malachite, 257

Today was an extremely busy day, to say the least!

It started out innocently enough, with me overseeing the relocation of a few of our workshops to make better use of our space.

Yeah, it's a mess.  Time to get that megastockpile converted into smaller special purpose piles and get the hodgepoge of workshops relocated to better locations.

While I was working at that, I heard that Ocean Breeze gave birth to a unicorn colt the family named Crimson.  I headed to the hospital to take a look at the newborn, when I went into labor myself.  It was an amazing coincidence, but I suppose it couldn't have happened at a better time.  I knew I had to be due any day now, but Panacea didn't think I'd give birth for another week or so.

But nature makes up its own mind, and my little earth pony colt decided that he wanted to be born today.  We'd picked out a few names for possible colts, but the only one that really seemed to fit him was Valor.  I can't really place why, but that's just what his face said to me.  Now we have two little foals to call our own, and I know Rose will be overjoyed to have somepony to play with when he gets a little older.  I think two is enough for now though, being a baroness on top of a mother and manager is hard work!

Harvest Moon came charging in at the news, and had news of his own, after he settled down and got to hold Valor for a minute.  It turns out that the guard managed to kill the giant lizard in the trap.  The iron bolts cut through its hide without hesitation, and Storm Cloud has the honor of getting the fatal shot.  I think I speak for everypony when I say that this is a new chapter in Dawnpick's history.  We no longer fear what lurks beneath the ground!

While I was recovering with Ocean Breeze and talking about the things mothers do, Storm Cloud came in with another official letter from home.  The king wants an update on our status, including census information and a tally of all of our stocks.  I'm going to take a few days to recover, but I'll get all of that together as soon as I can.

That's the current status of Dawnpick.  Enough ponies and wealth for megabeasts and siegs, or at least it should be.  The Fun should start soon, I hope!  And I think it's time to cap the foals.  Naginata, Glaze and Detergent are cranking them out like it's going out of style.  Poor Panacea needs to have one first though, I think!

Update: Here's the link to the save.  Now go forth and find things I'm doing terribly wrong, or just get a feel for the fort.  http://www.mediafire.com/?x8c1x8s2l89lg1g
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:13:02 pm by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 02, 2012, 12:12:05 am »

27th Galena, 256

Hello Journal! nice to meet you. heh.
The Trade Caravan came today bringing all sort of stuffs, And there it is, just laying there amongst the other stuff.. a Journal! just what i've always wanted. Ponies keep saying that i'm bad with memories and forget things oftenly.. well not anymore! now i'll have something to write in and remind myself of!

Speaking of Reminding, looks like there were some some trouble with the Caravan, a Foal attacked the guards or something. I couldn't imagine how that went.. but hey! atleast i gets this Journal for free! Fighting ponies are best distraction.

19th Limestone, 256
It's my Birthday today, i was thinking of buying myself something new. Maybe getting a new dress or something to put in my cabinet. But the next Trading Caravan havn't come yet and there's really nothing much i can get, and stealing from the storage doesn't sounds so good. So i settle with just a big fancy meal in the dining hall and a day of not-working. A year older..

28th Limestone, 256
Lady Virtue gave birth today! good times all around Dawnpick, I swear my heart melted and then exploded twice by how Adorable her foal is, how lucky of her to be born with such wonderful parents. Maybe i should go visit them sometimes if they're not too busy.

It seems a little odd that her Daughter's a Unicorn though, but i guess there's unicorn blood in them somewhere. Just how things works i guess.

2nd Sandstone, 256
Someponies went down the Cavern today from what i heard, and got beaten up pretty badly aswell! why would they even want to go down there is beyond me.
Maybe if we have more guards.. then maybe less ponies would get hurt..

3rd Sandstone, 256
I've decided that i want to join the guards, and gathered enough Courage to go talk with that Militia Alicorn and her coltfriend today. Meeting new ponies, They said that i should go ahead and talk with Partisan about it.

Stiletto seems surprisingly nice, at first i thought she'd lodge an axe in my skull if i startled her or something.. turns out, no axes! Lucky me i guess.

7th Sandstone, 256
I heard there's some Militia training down in the Cavern today, Maybe this is my chance to get to talk to some so that i can join!.. but i think they're not the same as the guards. oh well.

I Hauled down a barrel of Cider into the Cavern so i'll have an excuse to be there and watch them train. Met even more Ponies today, One of them is a Second-In-Command of the guards! he asked me some questions and seems to like my answers. And then there's this Militia pony named Glyph, he seems like nice. Maybe Lazy seeing how he skips the training to sit with me though. But i think he have his reasons, don't know what though.

11th Sandstone, 256
So many good things happened today, First off, a Church finished. a Church! in Dawnpick! for the sisters! Faust save us all.
Then Partisan came over while i was having lunch and said that i can join the guards, i think i squee'd.

I Moved some things out of my house to the Barracks and they gave me a set of Leather armor and a Crossbow! I can't even begin to describe how great i feel right now. I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to hit that Target that Partisan set up for us.

17th Sandstone, 256
Another Strange mood! This time a Foal! i didn't even think whatever gave ponies strange mood would do it to a foal aswell! this is crazy.
But atleast nopony got hurt from strange moods like theses. But they were grown Ponies.

23rd Sandstone, 256
Looks like this strange mood made a Crown, with a creature on it.. what is it i don't even..
i need a drink.

25th Timber, 256
Some Thieves tried to sneak into our fort today, I thought I'd finally get something to shoot at more than targets but the Militia took on all of them and none were left for us. Well, Back to shooting Targets i guess.. i'm honestly getting tired of shooting the same target in the same pattern over and over and over again. Although i think it helps make me shoot better.

9th Moonstone, 256
Today Lady Virtue moved into the Keep, and Partisan moved into her old Office, well good for them!
There's Rumors that Partisan dropped socks all over his new place when he got there. No idea how true this is, but if it is, i think maybe he have something Against Lady Virtue.. but it's just a silly rumor anyway.

21st Opal, 256
I was surprised when i saw Clean water in the well, looks like Stiletto and her Coltfriend Flux finished a Water purifier! FINALLY clean pure water to drink and wash.
Speaking of wash, i need to take a bath.

24th Obsidian, 256
The Trade Caravan arrived today, i heard that they lost an Animal by a thief. Then their guards took care of them. I just don't get what Thieves think when they decide to attack a heavily armed Caravan.. that's just stupid.
Worst of all, there's nothing that i wanted coming with the Caravan neither! No Carrots, no new dresses, Guess i'll have to wait for the next one..

7th Granite
We Made a Surprise Party for Lady Virtue today, Dawnpick have become a Barony! I'll have to start calling Lady Virtue "Baroness Virtue" or something now i guess.
and Jaxler emptied the drinks again.. But otherwise, It was a good day.

19th Slate, 257
Apparently another strange mood happened to another pony again, i think it's becoming a common thing.. and since nopony's getting hurt, maybe it's not a bad thing afterall?

11th Malachite, 257
Dear Journal.
I'm so bucking Excited.
the Ballista trap caught one of the beasts! sadly it fails to get a clear view to shoot.. so the Miners craved some fortifications for us and boy did we have a good time!
We spent the whole day just shooting at the poor thing with our wooden bolts, i think it hurts the thing or annoy it atleast. but seems like we can't kill it with theses bolts, i'm kind of worried what would've happened if we didn't have this fortifications to shoot from. Atleast we had fun though.

16th Malachite, 257
Another Marriage! Today Doctor Panacea and her long-time Coltfriend Saw Dust got married, i think we partied almost as hard as Virtue's surprise party. as usual, Jaxler got wasted. Again.

20th Malachite, 257
Dear Journal.
Baroness Virtue gave birth to a little colt, now our Fort full of Foals! I really hope we'll beable to build something for the Foals to play and be at soon, i don't like the idea of letting them wandering around and all over the place, some might be caught in something Dangerous! Glyph have been saying something about something like that. Can't remember the exact word that he used but it seems nice, he's a Nice pony. Maybe too nice.

And by Faust!, The Iron bolts that they gave us worked better than i thought it would. Finally we manage to kill the thing. I feel kind of sorry for it that it's death weren't very quick though, but damn it feels great. Storm Clouds got the killing shot, maybe we'll throw a party for him or something..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:25:11 am by vkiNm »

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 02, 2012, 12:52:59 am »

This is a scene that we did on the IRC all cleaned up for the thread. We have more but for now, just enjoy the D'aww

Stiletto waits under the tree for any pony that might come by. Glyph walks through the courtyard taking a break from his training. Seeing Stiletto, he wanders over. "Hello mein... erfe... erfar... erfahrene liebe.... I’m still not saying that right am I?"   

"Hello mein wenig Liebe, you are getting closer. So Glyph, how do you feels about Kat?"   

"Kat... The pegasus? She's... cute."   

"Oh yes she is, but so very shy. You should try to get closer to her, but remember to be very gentle with her."   

"Try to... you think she might be.... interested? In me?"   

"Hehehe, yeeees, I think she /might/ be interested in you."   

"I... I guess... but... would she be... umm... I... I'll try. J-just... be gentle right?"   

"Very gentle, she needs to be coaxed out with honey."   

"Honey? Well... I won't force her to do anything. I'll remember, stay gentle... where is she?"   

"I saw her beautiful flank fly by earlier. I bet she will come here after I leave."   

Stiletto stretches her wings "Speaking of which." stands up and gets ready to head to off to.... Sleep   

"Bye, mein erfahene liebe." Glyph lays by the tree, watching the sky.   

Much like what Stiletto predicted, Kat is trotting around nearby, and heading in  this general  direction. she seems to have a bottle of some drinks tucked away in one of her wings. being care-free and generally just roaming the fort like a good citizen. Glyph perks up when he sees Kat, calling out to her. "Hey Kat, where are you going?"   

Kat Perks up when her name is called, then looks over to see that it was Glyph that called her, she smiles and waves a hoof friendlily at him* "Oh Hey there Glyph! I'm just taking a walk around." *she answered. Fine and clear.   

"Wanna take a break for a bit? I could use some company, I was getting kind of bored."   

"Sure? I wasn't really doing anything important at the moment anyway." She replies with a smile, walking over to him at the tree. "What are you doing out here alone anyway? shouldn't you be with Stiletto or something?"   

"I was just relaxing... umm... and kinda... nevermind... what kind of drinks are those?"   

"Oh, these?" She grabs the bottle out of her wing, holding it up. "Hard Cider. You like? we can share it if you want."   

"Really? I would defenitly like some, if you don't mind sharing."

Kat smiles as she pushes the bottle closer to Glyph, "well, i did brought a big bottle. And drinking with another pony always taste better than drinking alone."

Glyph smiles and takes a drink. "That it is... especially... nevermind."  He pushes the bottle back towards her.

Kat accepts the bottle from him then takes a swig from it. Letting out a content sigh before passing the bottle back to him again "say.. Glyph? What have you been up to lately?" she askes, swishing her tail from side to side lazily as they relaxes under the tree's shade. Content and pleased.   

"Nothing much, training with Stiletto, wandering the grounds... not a lot to do when I'm off duty except hang around with Stiletto and Flux."   

"Mm.. must be nice to have great friends like Stiletto and Flux hmm? They seems nice.."   

"They are, but I do wish I had more..." Glyph glances over at Kat, then looks away. "I... I think they'd like you..."   

She tilts her head slightly, ears perked "you really think so?"   

"Y-yeah... why wouldn't they? Y-you're... umm..." Glyph blushes a bit. "Well, you're nice..."   

Kat blushed lightly as well, and giggles. It's probably the first time he ever heard her giggles. "mm.. well.. if you think they'd like me.. then.. do you.. well.. like me?"   

"I... umm... y-yeah.. I do..." He blushes a bit more, flicking his tail nervously.   

She smiles as she scoots just a tad closer to him. motioning a hoof for him to get his head in closer "here.. let me tell you a secret.." Glyph cocks his head, curious, and leans in. Kat whispers into his ears, quietly and blushing along the way "I like you too..."   

Glyph's eyes go wide and he swallows. "I... Y-you... you do?"   

She giggles again and takes another swig from the bottle of Cider. Smiling, that blush never leaving her face "mmhmm.. y.. yeah."   

Glyph swallows again, and scoots slightly closer. "T-that's good... I... I thought you were... nice... and cute..."   

Kat smiles down and paws at the ground in front of her slightly, blushing. "Mm.. t.. thanks.. but I'm really not that.. cute.." she said, still smiling. Seems like her shyness is returning again, but she doesn't mind Glyph getting closer to her.   

"I... I think you're really cute..." Glyph looks over at her. "I... I'm not getting too close am I?"   

"N..not really.." she beams him a smile again, regained that shy looks on her face. It's a wonder how fast she can change from one to another. "But i don't mind e-even if you are.. you're nice."   

"You think so? I... I guess... I like seeing you smile... and blush..."   

"mmhmm.." she replies shyly.. looking down again and blushing a little more from what Glyph said. and she decides to.. veeeeery slowly, lean in his direction until she's resting her side against him. The contact made her blush burn with the power of a thousand suns. But.. she liked it.   

Glyph blushes as well, leaning slightly against her. "Umm... I..." Glyph tries to think of some words, and fails miserably, instead settling for moving his head over and cautiously nuzzling her. Kat lets out a small sigh of content. Feeling the nuzzle, she presses her head into the nuzzle a little more.. liking it. Seeing that He’s having some problem trying to think up what to say, she offers Glyph the bottle of cider instead. He smiles a bit and takes a drink of the cider, offering it back. "Thanks..." he seems to be speaking about more than the cider.   
She smiles at his Thanks, nodded and spread a wing on his side out. Then rests it onto his withers, covering a bit of him with her wing, not exactly cuddling, but close. "mm.. Thanks too.."   

Glyph smiles, and leans against her a bit more. "Do... do you mind if I... umm..."   

"Hmm? do I mind if you what?"   

"C-cuddle... a bit..."   

Kat gives him a little happy blush, smiling just slightly wider. "Nope.. I don't mind at all.." she says and sighed softly, finally fully leaning herself onto him now that he mentions cuddling.. Glyph cuddles into Kat's wing, smiling wide. So they cuddled.. content and happy.. for once, Kat was pleased to be this close to another pony...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:54:51 am by JaxtalMK2 »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 02, 2012, 01:14:18 pm »

Jaxler's journal

8th Granite
Yesterday Virtue got promoted to baroness, so Harvest Moon organized a party. Everypony showed up, the moment Virtue came in Harvest Moon showed her the letter from the king. After that my memory gets a bit fuzzy so I’m assuming there was some free booze at the party.

5th Felsite, 257
Totem apparently made something “amazing” today. It’s a peace of armor made from bone. Now that’s just impractical. I guess it could look good as an ornament or something but aside from that it’s just a waste of time and resources.

11th Malachite, 257
Some giant abomination from the caves showed up again. This time I didn’t get shot out of the sky, but we failed to even harm the thing. Our wooden bolts could hardly break the thing’s skin. We really need to use something a bit more deadly when making our ammo.

17th Malachite, 257
Well, I feel nasty right now. I’m wringing five feet away from the moat right now, I woke up here. I see a stone pot at the bottom of the moat, and I can also see my crossbow floating off. Man, Panacea's wedding reception must have been something, all I remember was showing up to the event.

20th Malachite, 257
Well, we killed the monster today. The damned thing took forever to go down. In the end the new iron bolts bade a real difference.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:16:41 pm by jaxler »

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 02, 2012, 02:36:17 pm »

Missionary Log
Galena, 256
The scrolls have finally arrived by caravan. Unfortunately, they came with my past.  Skrillnozh. An old droog from my bandit days. It had been a long time since I last seen him, longer if I could have helped it. After he announced to half the SCHEISSE SOD FRACKING town about me being a bandit I roped him in to taking the scrolls back to the church. We had a talk there. I told him strait, not to come back. This wasn't some dammed bandit town, or black inn, or pirate port, or corrupt border watch, or a capital slum town, or a Sodding dark fortress. This is a good town, with good ponies and ponies like him were not welcome here. I wasn't his brother no more.
 I expected him to stab me. He just walked out though. I hadn't seen it before just then, but the way he moved just then, the way he looked...   He was broken.  Just like all the others, he was just going though the motions now. That was the last time I saw him.

I should have killed him when he was walking out.

Limestone, 256
Ms. Virtue had her first little foal today. A beautiful little filly named Rose. Not much else this month. I'm surprised really. They haven't yet forced me out even when they know my past as a bandit. No pony even says anything to me.

Sandstone, 256
A busy month this time around, and not all good news. Jaxler, one of the best guards we have was terribly injured in the caves. I have seen ponies die from wounds half as terrible as his. He lived though, praise the sisters and praise our doctors! He has inded made a full recovery by the time of my writing. 
Another of these odd moods has croped up again as well. I have heard stories of such moods among the dwarfs, but never among pony kind. Is this a blessing that creates these wonders, or a curse as the tails of mad murderous dwarfs would suggest?
Finally, the Church has been completed at last! Praise the sisters! Now I can begin my proper duties as a priest of the astrial ones.

Timber, 256
We had six thieves try to sneak in today.  That is an unusually large number to say the least. I got a look at there equipment and it looks like a bunch of low quality stuff, mostly for other races. No doubt about it, were being used to bleed off unwanted recrutes for a raiding army. I can only hope we don't become a noticeable target, like a barony or something.

Moonstone, 256
I have been shaken in my faith. Granit came to me asking about what it was like to be a bandit. The question was not unsuspected. In fact, I expected it a lot sooner then now. It was the way  he said it. That innocent way... with a hint of... wonder... adoration, even just the tiniest...
I told him to never ask again or I would tell his parents who was stealing from the stores again.
He brought up more bad memories than Skrillnozh did. If these ponies knew half of what bandit do, what I have done, they would have strung me up by now. I would deserve it too.

Opal, 256
Stiletto and Flux finally got there new well contraption working after quite a bit of trouble. They nearly flooded the tow on the first try. I wanted to congratulate them but...
It's better this way. Let others come to the light of the sisters rather than have me forcing it down there throat. All my free time is now spent in quiet prayer in the church now.

Obsidian, 256
Two caravans arrived this month, along with the outpost liaison.  It all seemed to be an on the level operation from what I could tell.  Surprising to say the least. I even here we made quite a good trade as well.
I have also begun to fast to further my meditations. I take only one meal a day of modest size and drink only water to purify my body and soul. I do not know when I will end, but I think not for a long time. My robes have hid the lost waight and skinny frame and I do my best too keep well groomed for ad the book of Harmony says, "Only the hypocrite goes into the temple to flaunt his pain to the others declaring it for the sisters. Fast in your home and let none know, for purity is it's own reward. Let your pain fro the sisters be for the sisters alone." (HARMONY 6:4-6)

I almost forgot, another foal was born today. There are so meany running around now a days, I seem to lose track.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:38:11 pm by thetyler101 »

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 239