Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 223706 times)

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1950 on: March 20, 2012, 03:00:47 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:55:19 pm by Omicega »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 20, 2012, 04:36:18 am »

(Scene got finished in the IRC, so here it is.) 

After his talk with Flux, Glaive walks back up the stairs. He pauses for a moment outside Virtue's office. He thinks to himself for a moment, but before Falcata can ask him why he stopped, he turns and knocks on Virtue's office door.

Virtue looks over from the cabinet of books she was fussing over and says: "Come in."

Glaive reaches out a hoof and opens the door. It creaks a bit as he pushes it aside as he walks in. "Miss Virtue, It's Glaive. I'd like to speak with you, if you have a moment. It is about your prisoners."

Virtue feels a knot form in her stomach at the statement. "Alright, what's on your mind?" she says, moving back to her desk and motioning for him to take a seat across from her.

Falcata hovers uncertainly at the door, both worried and curious as to what Glaive is up to.

Glaive takes his seat across from Virtue. "Uh, well, first I'd like to ask you a question. How much time is left on Flux's sentence?"

Virtue frowns slightly and does some math in her head. "Let's see... fifty-eight days, I think..."

Glaive frowns as well. "I see, uh, since I was the wronged party, could I request that he be let out sooner than that? I... I just talked to him, and I don't think you need to worry about us getting into another fight. And I did provoke him a bit. I don't think the full two months is required."

"Oh... I, um, yes... you can do that." Virtue looks a bit surprised, but her expression quickly changes to relief. "Th-the law says that he gets two months for assaulting somepony of your station... although the offended can increase or decrease that sentence to a degree if desired... What did you have in mind?"

Falcata wordlessly moves forwards to place a hoof on Glaive in a gesture of affection, smiling in joyful disbelief. Glaive was full of surprises today, none of them bad ones either.

Glaive thinks as he looks out the window and sees the sun still high in the sky. He turns back to Virtue. "Let him stay here tonight.  Give him time to think over our talk, but let him out in the morning in time for him to get back to work. Dawnpick needs it's smelters running."

Virtue perks up and a small smile forms on her face. "Oh... that's... that's very generous of you! Alright, I'll do that." In truth, once the charges had been filed she shouldn't be able to reduce them to less than two weeks, but for this she'd make origami out of the rulebook.

Falcata beams at her love.  "Glaive, I- I'm so proud of you. You-" Unable to articulate her delight and pride fully, Falcata just hugs the bearded unicorn instead, letting the gesture convey her feelings better than any words ever could.

Virtue feels her smile form into a small grin at the gesture.

Glaive, deep down, wasn't sure that this was the right thing to do, but Falcata's hug and show of support strengthened his resolve. "Thank you Falcata." Glaive turns to Virtue, "Thank you for this Baroness.  I'm sorry that our disagreements have caused you this much work, but it should be over, for now." The ponies bid their farewells and Glaive and Falcata leave.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:45:45 pm by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 20, 2012, 11:25:46 pm »

Finally, after forever, enormous fort update.  New ponies:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Virtue's Diary - 23rd Sandstone, 257

Glaze gave birth early this morning to a little unicorn filly the family named Tangerine.  She was quite orange, so it seemed like an appropriate name to me.  Glaze has been working hard with the masons to make blocks lately, so I gave her some time off to bond with her new little filly.

16th Moonstone, 257

There were two more little foals brought into the world today.  The first was Hickory's little unicorn colt, who the family named Alpine.  Loom gave birth a few hours later to an earth pony colt named Cypress.  Panacea and Wool were pretty bushed after helping with both births, but I can say from experience they weren't as tired as the mothers.

Anyway, I spent some time going through our stocks today and noticed we've got a few things we could shape up a bit on.  We've got a lot of bones lying around from one source or another, so I asked Totem to start making some bolts from the bones.  That should save some wood and metal and give Longshot something to use.  Seems efficient to me to be using the bones of things he brings back to eat.

We also have found a few veins of gold underground, and the miners brought up some nuggets to smelt.  I'm not sure what to do with them yet, but we'll figure something out.  For now though, I've asked the masons to start building a second warehouse next to the first to start storing some more of our stocks.  We might need a third, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

24th Moonstone, 257

We had another birth today, this time to Detergent.  Her family is getting quite large!  The family named the little pegasus filly Summer, which is a pretty name I think.  I've been thinking for a while now that we might need to build some larger homes for the large families like hers and Naginata's, but I'm not sure if or when we'll get to it.

12th Opal, 257

Today was a bit interesting.  Things started out with me directing the masons in setting up some fortifications on the keep's roof, where they could fire at any invaders that got inside the walls, should it come to that.  While overseeing that, I noticed Carmine heading for one of the craftspony shops with the distinct look of a pony possessed on his face.  I went by to check on him, and sure enough, he was busy fetching things to build something mysterious.

Hopefully we'll find out what soon enough.

26th Opal, 257

Carmine finished the cabinet he was working on today, which was absolutely beautiful.  I'll have somepony help him move it to his room as soon as possible.  I hope he enjoys it, I know I'd like to have a cabinet like that!

Oh, I also remembered that I went to Panacea this morning to check up on a suspicion I had... which she confirmed!  I'm pregnant again with our third foal!

I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I'm happy to have another child, but I'm pretty busy as it is and I fear I don't spend enough time with Rose and Valor as it is.  I suppose the new baby will be coming one way or another, so I'll have to plan accordingly!

11th Obsidian, 257

After discussing some of our options with the militia captains and Flux and Stiletto, I decided we should line the monster trap with some remotely triggerable spears.  This way if something dangerous shows up down there that they can't get close enough to shoot safely with their crossbows, we can still deal with the problem.

I set up a lever way out of sight, so if a deadly duster or such gets caught in the trap we can spear it dead without risking anypony getting caught in dust.

I also picked out a spot for the stable for Glyph to watch over the foals of Dawnpick.  It seems to me that the easiest and most reasonable place to put it is next to the warehouses, which I'll have the masons start on as soon as they can.  It won't be too large, but a few of the families here have expressed interest  in the stable, so I hope it's big enough.

18th Obsidian, 257

We had a few caravans arrive today, including the liaison from Coupledye.  Today was the day we had to show that we're willing to do the duties we were given and produce steel.  To that end, we sent about fifty thousand bits worth of steel bars, weapons and armor headed back to Coupledye, which surprised the traders I must admit.  I think they were impressed with the quality of the goods, but if I'm honest we kept the very best of it for our militia, who all got some nice upgrades on their gear.

Between home and the rainbow ponies that showed up, we got a lot of leather, cloth, and thread, which we've been very short on lately.  We also picked up a bit of cheese, a pig, three lemon trees, a few wooden chests, some bags (something else we can never get enough of), a few cages for the animals and some sweet pod seeds.

All in all, it was kind of exciting to perform such a large transaction, and to send so much back to Coupledye.  I'll prove to them that they chose the right ponies for the job here!

22nd Obsidian, 257

As is usually the case when the traders arrive, we had some badger pony thieves show up too.  The fight was fairly intense from what the captains tell me, but based on what I heard Glaive was personally responsible for felling two of the monsters.  Falcata took out a third, and Stiletto finished the last by taking his head from his neck and dumping it into the moat.

I'll have to remember to not wander near the bridge any time soon, and to tell everypony to not drink the water straight from the moat.  That probably wouldn't be healthy.

Stiletto took a stab to her wing during the fight, but it was so minor Panacea told her that there was nothing to really do for it but clean the wound.  She'll be perfectly fine, which is always great to hear.  I'm glad nopony has been hurt in quite a while.  That always tears me up inside when it happens.

18th Slate, 258

Today was just awful.  The only good news I have is that we've started setting up crenelations on the walls for shooting at enemies should we ever need them.

We also finished constructing Glyph's stables today.  They aren't much to look at, but it should be enough room for him to look after any children whose parents are too busy.

I didn't really know what to do, so I just built a little building with some tables chairs and windows.  It'll suffice I suppose.

Which brings me to the horrible thing that happened today.  I don't know all of the details, and I don't think I want to know them, but somehow, at some point, Ocean Breeze cheated on Carmine with one of the zebra merchants that trade with us on occasion.  Friesden, or Dizzy as her parents sometimes called her, isn't Carmine's foal and is half zebra.

That's bad enough, but of course I'm only finding out about this because he found out.  In the aftermath, he's abandoned the poor thing and left her to her fate.  Ocean Breeze was all but inconsolable, but he wouldn't let the filly back in their house.

I'm an absolute wreck over this.  Knowing that the child can't be with her family right now... knowing that both Carmine and Ocean Breeze have done awful things... I just don't know what to do.

The only vague light in all of this is that Glyph took her in for now and will care for her until we can decide what to do.

I can't think about this right now.  I need my family now... to be reassured that something this horrible will never happen to us.

21st Slate, 258

My little earth pony colt was born today!  I'm pretty exhausted, which I knew I would be after having two children already, but the moment I laid eyes on him any nervousness I had about a third child disappeared.  It took Harvest Moon and I a little while to decide what to name him, but of the names we'd picked out, we settled on Rampart.  He's a strong little colt, and I can't help but wonder what life will hold for him?

I also heard that the plans I'd sent to the masons for a second floor of our furniture warehouse are being put to use.  I hope with a second floor we'll have enough room to store everything now, but I won't be able to go check up on it today!

8th Felsite, 258

Today has been a long time coming!  For years, little Rondel has told everypony that he wanted to be like his mom and join the militia, and today he is officially a stallion.  The family had a small party to commemorate the event, and afterward Naginata took her son to get him equipped for his first day starting tomorrow.

She asked for him to be placed under Halberd, which surprised me at first but she explained in quick order.  This way she wouldn't ever be in the place to choose between her mission and her son.  I think I understand, but the entire arrangement would worry me to no end.

I don't think I've ever seen Naginata drink before today, but she and Marbles had a fair bit after she got Rondel's gear picked out.

I hope the best for their entire family, I really do.  I count our blessings every time she comes back from a fight, and now I have to worry about her son too.

Hard to tell, but the red pony standing next to the blue militia pony is Rondel next to mommy.  He'll do her proud.

12 Felsite, 258

I never thought I'd see the day.  I had to lock somepony up today for breaking a rather serious law, and that pony was Flux.  Timid, kind flux.  Apparently Glaive got into an argument with him over Stiletto's morals, and after a few insults were thrown, he broke Glaive's leg.  I don't believe any of it, but it's true.

There was nothing I could do but lock him up for the next two months.  I feel awful about the whole situation.  Just knowing animosity like that sits just beneath the surface, I worry what might be next.  I don't understand why Glaive would think so badly of Stiletto, but if it was bad enough for Flux to want to fight him I probably don't want to know.

I'll go see Flux next morning and see how he's doing.  I really hope we can get this behind us quickly.

14th Felsite, 258

I was surprised to have Glaive come by today and ask for Flux's sentence to be lessened.  I'm extremely happy to know that they've mostly settled their differences, and that we really can get this behind us.  It also means Stiletto can go free and get back to work, which was an arrangement I was never really pleased with.  She's done nothing wrong, but insisted on staying with Flux.

At least it's over now.  I'm going to go give them the good news right now, and they'll be free to go in the morning!

21st Felsite, 258

I knew it had to happen soon, but Panacea finally gave birth today.  She and Saw Dust were both very excited to have a foal of their own, but nature had a bit of a surprise for the couple.  They got two instead of one!

I knew she was absolutely exhausted just getting around lately, and the poor mare looked fit to pop weeks ago.  But, today was the day, and Wool had to experience helping give birth without her help, since she was the mother this time!

The two foals were adorable: an earth pony colt they named Lancet, and a unicorn filly named Peppermint.

It's a good thing Wool is around to give Panacea some relief.  She's going to need a while to recover from that, and to spend time with her now much larger family!  I'll stop by and see her tomorrow if I get a chance.  Both of the parents were so happy.

As much as I wish this happened naturally, it was because if me messing around with the raws while experimenting with the relationship / parenthood hacking.  I accidentally saved, so two babies she gets.

15th Hematite, 258

We had another possession today, which was a bit different from the rest.  Today was the first time one of the militia have been taken by the strange moods, and nopony in the militia was able to convince Kris to leave the clothier's shop she took over.  I don't think anything bad will come of this, but if she was to lose her mind, the damage would be a lot worse than if most anypony else did.

No, I won't even consider that.  We haven't lost anypony to this yet, and we're not going to start with her.  I'll keep a close eye on her.

25th Hematite, 258

Ocean Breeze gave birth again today to another pegasus filly she and Carmine named Gust Front.  Normally I'm quite excited to hear that a family grew larger, but I can't help but wonder about the filly.  I don't think Ocean Breeze would cheat on Carmine again, but trust can never be rebuilt when it's destroyed like that.

I'd best stop thinking about that right now or I'll be depressed for the rest of the day.  I'm sure the filly will be alright.

The other news is that Kris finished what she was working on today: a set of braies.  I'm relieved that she's done with her ordeal, but I'm not sure if they're really her style.  Either way, it's up to her to decide what to do with them.

13th Malachite, 258

Today was a bit busy.  Sienna is officially a mare today, which is a day I'm probably as happy to see as she is.  Those years ago when she was nearly taken from her family... we all owe a lot to Glaive for his bravery that day.   Anyway, after a small celebration, she went off with Ashwood to learn a bit about helping cut wood and work it.  It's something she's always been interested in, which is why she was caught outside in the first place.  I just hope we don't have a repeat of that day.

We also started building a gym of sorts for the militia and anypony who wants to to work out in.  I'm sure the militia will appreciate a chance to work out in ways other than just swinging their axes around, and it will probably help alleviate a bit of boredom.

This is actually already having notable improvements in the attributes in some of the soldiers.  I hope to get them all up to at least baseline stats soon!

Lastly, we finally got a kiln set up.  I've meant to do this ever since the day Naginata arrived in Dawnpick, back when she still went by the name of Porcelain.  We've got a lot of clay just under the surface, so the chance to put somepony to work making clay pots or something should be interesting.

16th Galena, 258

The zebras arrived today, with their caravan and a diplomat.  I was looking forward to speaking with him, as he's quite pleasant.  I spoke with him in my office for a little while, chatting about our relations and how they're still quite pleased to stop by Dawnpick on their trade routes.

While we were talking though, the inevitable warning went out, as it almost always does.  A group of badger pony thieves showed up just behind the zebras and set upon them.  We scrambled the guard to rush out and deal with the threat, but we were out of bolts!  I'm such an idiot, I forgot to keep sending work orders out to keep our stocks up!

Thank goodness, the guards were able to hold them off until Partisan and his ponies got there.  From what he says, they all took turns beating on the badger pony until it stopped moving, and as usual I'm glad I wasn't there to see it.

Two more thieves tried to enter through the gate, where they ran into Flux, who was hauling mechanisms down to the monster trap to set up the spears.  He dropped what he was doing and ran for his life, where the badger pony ran into Grapple.

I still don't understand why Grapple takes it upon himself to fight when we have the militia, but he might have saved Flux's life.  When the badger pony threw itself at him, he defended himeslf with commendable skill, from what Halberd told me.

Seriously, I thought he was a goner when he rushed the badger pony, but he bruised its heart, then its guts then broke its spine.  Kung Fu master at work!

Halberd said that Kukri finished that badger pony off with a few decisive hacks with her axe, while Naginata killed a second that ambushed her with a single stroke of her axe.

The fourth and last was killed by Sarissa as he fought another zebra guard.

The entire battle lasted for some time, and everypony was exhausted.  I invited all of the zebras into the dining hall to let them have some of our stews that they are so fond of.  We eventually got around to trading a few things, but unfortunately the zebras didn't have a whole lot we needed.

We ended up taking some cloth, leather and a few exotic foods in exchange for a lot of the stews and baked goods our chefs have prepared.  Apparently we've got enough to last for years if we needed it, so I let the zebras have a little more than I strictly should, but I want to keep relations good, and swapping a little of the same old food out for something new never hurts!
Through pain, I find wisdom.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 21, 2012, 12:01:54 pm »

Kat's Diary - 18th Obsidian, 257

Dear Diary. It's been a long while since I've touched you. But today's Caravan that came to our fort reminded me to start writing again, even though now i don't seem to have much of a forgetting problem than before.
Today's nice, i helped moving some steel to the trade place even though i don't really have to do it anymore being a guard and all that, but it's nice to feel like I'm useful sometimes. Maybe i'll buy something tomorrow, Stiletto's been giving me some bits lately, awfully nice of her.

Dear me, Writing is hard..

22nd Obsidian, 257

Thieves! Like the usual, following the caravans as if it's a good idea. The militia took care of them, As usual. We didn't even have to do anything. I really should be happy that we don't have to get ourselves into fights and all but, really. I want some actions too sometimes.. Not that i wish there'd be actions for us to take but..
I need a drink.

16th Granite, 258

Glyph's been telling me about his idea about 'Stables' for the foals. I think it's a good idea, I offered to help aswell at the place. Maybe i'll find something to busy myself there. Would be nice to feel useful again.

20th Granite, 258

Last night was just.. bad. Jaxler didn't show up for our night's patrol and i had to work twice the workload. And i found him drunk off his flank under a tree!
sometimes, i seriously wonder why he's still in the guards. He's a good shot at all when he's sober but, I just think he could be working a lot better.. Maybe i'll talk with Partisan about this later. Or maybe talk with Jaxler again when he's less drunk.

5th Slate, 258

Thing's been.. bad lately. I feel stressed. I think i might have to go do 'that' again tonight. Can't believe it, it's been so long. Can't believe I'm even writing this down, reminding myself that i'm such a-

6th Slate, 258

Last night was... Unexpecting. Glyph found me in the woods and, Things suddenly look a lot less Dark. I should've known, Moving to Dawnpick was the best choice i've made ever since leaving that place. I foresee good things in the future. Lots of lots of good things.

18th Slate, 258

Glyph's Stable is finally done! now i can start helping everypony there. Oh things just gets better and better.

I wrote too soon. A filly was found abandoned by her parents by Glyph, Why would anypony do such a thing? HOW could anypony do such a thing? I need to know more about this.. maybe something's not right.. maybe.. I'll have to talk with Glyph.

19th Slate, 258

Monster! we have such a Monster in the fort! a Pony that could do that to a Foal, That's.. That's not a Pony. Something must be done, Lesson must be taught.. Something. I'm going to talk to Glyph and see if we'll come up with something.. I feel sick. I thought this was a Happy place Damnit!

21st Slate, 258

Baroness Virtue gave birth today. Finally some good news since.. that. We had a little cerebration, i swear i could've forgotten about problems for a while. And think that things are all nice and nice again. With all the births happening, i might have to stop writing them down eventually. Never mean that it's any less good though. New foals are nice. Always.

23rd Slate, 258

Tonight will be the night, We've prepared and planned to give Carmine a lesson he'll never forget. I feel a little sorry for him really, But part of me keep saying that a monster doesn't need your sorry. I just hope everything goes as planned and nopony finds out. Well, Wish me luck Diary. I'm going to need it.

24th Slate, 258

Last night, i had the weirdest dream. I dreamed that me and Glyph carried on the Plan that we had for Carmine, but then we met with the Goddess of death herself. It's weird, most dreams i just forget but this dream felt so real, as if it really did happen. I was scared. Very scared. But I pushed my luck i think. Then something about having my throat slitted..
The weirdest thing is that i woke up today with Glyph and he seems to have the same dream.. Maybe it's foretelling something, maybe it's saying that we shouldn't do it.. So we agree that we probably shouldn't carry on the plan if the goddess of dreams visit us personally like that. I wouldn't want to get on her bad side that's for sure!

8th Felsite, 258

I heard there was a Party for the Militia, Naginata's foal officially became a Stallion today and joined the Militia just like his Mother. Too bad the guards weren't invited, but i guess that's for the best, Else Jaxler would empty the drinks in minutes. And i think it's more of a family-thing. Hope everything goes well for them.
Maybe we could start a party sometimes on something.. hmm...

12 Felsite, 258

Amazing, simply Amazing. Flux got arrested and put in jail! For breaking Glaive's leg! i never thought he'd do something like that, But after hearing from his side what happened, i'm amazed he didn't do something more. Well, atleast i was able to talk Partisan into letting me be the Jail's guard. even though we probably wouldn't need one. But if he's going to be in there for 2 months, i'd prefer to be there and keep him sane. Can't imagine to be alone in a small cell for 2 months.

Today's just full of Surprises. Stiletto came over some times after Flux got arrested and Wanted to be in there too! well, i guess it's not just me that wanted to keep him company. Still don't get why would somepony call Stiletto bad things, she's such a nice mare.

15th Felsite, 258

Yesterday Baroness Virtue came over and tell us that Glaive dropped the charge! i've never thought it would happen but it did anyway. Which is a good thing! means Stiletto and Flux will be free today and i'll beable to get back and help Glyph at the Stable again! good times all around. Maybe we should make a little party or something, that'd be grand.

21st Felsite, 258

I know i should probably stop writing down entry about Foals being born, but i can't help but to be happy for Panacea and Saw Dust! They were always a cute couple, And She have a Twin! I really wish i could visit them and see, but can't yet.. Got to find some times for that surely. Seeing soo many births, I wonder what it'll be like to be a Mother. Must be amazing.. I wonder if Glyph were thinking about something like that aswell. Probably not, he already have all the foals in the stable to look after. But a Filly can hope couldn't she?

15th Hematite, 258

Well, seems like Even the Militia aren't safe from theses possession things ponies kept getting. There goes our little hope that we'll never gets that. I hope this time everything turns out as good as always.. Hopefully.

13th Malachite, 258

The Baroness ordered a Gym to be built! Good news for the Militia. I hope they'll let the guards use it aswell, i could really use some workout besides shooting my crossbow. And maybe another reason to get out more.

20th Malachite, 258

Got into an Argument with Jaxler again today, I swear we were ready to swing hooves Until Partisan came over. I thought Jaxler would behave but Nope. I seriously wonder why Partisan still kept him around as Second-in-Command. Jaxler's not going to be a type of Pony I'd enjoy serving under.. But i Trust that Partisan have his reason.. some Reason. But i can't help but to start wondering. Partisan's good, i know that. But if somepony put Jaxler in second-in-command, can that pony be 'that' good?

16th Galena, 258

Today was Great, The Zebra Caravan arrived Along with some more Thieves, and We got some Actions today! Granted we ran out of bolts and our crossbows were next-to-useless but we went into a fight anyway. Partisan leaded us out and we found a Badger pony, Then we took turn beating it with our crossbows and hooves until it stopped moving. I must say, it was the most damned pleasing thing i've done in a while, great for Anger venting! And the feels! to see that spark of life being beaten out of it's eyes! none of my 'huntings' could've ever compared to this! I almost wish that this would happen more often.

After all that's done, we had some nice dining with the Zebra and got some more exotic foods from them. I always loved their food, especially with carrots. Too bad they don't have much else for us to buy, and i'm not a fan of decorating my room with odd Zebra crafts.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 21, 2012, 01:06:36 pm »

and Willow

Stiletto knocks lightly on Willow’s door. "Ms.Willow, are you in today?"

Willow opens the door. "Hello?"

Stiletto smiles and bows while putting her hat on her chest. "Good day to you, Ms. WiIlow. Do you have time to speak with me?"

Willow raises an eyebrow at the formality. "Uh, of course. What is it?"

Stiletto magically lifts a barrel from behind her. "I have heard that you like strangler wine. I came across a large patch of the plant while I was removing Badger Ponies from the hill. May I please come into your apartment and share it with you as we speak?"

"Oh, um, alright." She motions for Stiletto to follow her inside. "What did you want to speak about?"

Stiletto trots inside and removes her hat. "Straight to the matter at hand then. I have come today to talk to you about the artifact you created." She places the wine down and opens the cork to let it breath.

Willow raises an eyebrow and thinks for a moment. "Artifact? Oh, you mean that flute?"

Stiletto takes a pair of mugs from her saddle bags "Yes. I wanted to tell you that meine freundlichsten Liebe has taken quite the liking to it. I was wondering if you would consider allowing him to buy it from you?"

Willow has a dumbfounded look. "Your who?"

Stiletto fills the mugs and offers one to Willow. "Meine freundlichsten Liebe, Flux. He is an incredible musician."

Willow accepts the mug and sips at the contents. "Oh, Flux... haven't seen him around much these days." She sips again. "You say he's a musician? Really? Wouldn't have guessed."

Stiletto takes a drink from her mug. "Indeed he is. He has many talents. Would you please allow him to buy the Piccolo from you?"

"Buy it, huh?" She sips again and ponders it for a bit. Truthfully, she'd forgotten about the thing, but she couldn't just pass up an opportunity like this. "Um, how much is he offering?"

Stiletto looks to the ground. "He does not have very many bits. He has been saving for a long time now and only has one dragon. Maybe there are other things he could do for you to earn it?"

Willow feels a bit bad for trying to extort the poor smelter. "Um... well..." Willow sips again. "Tell you what... I'll let it go for half that... how's that sound?"

Stiletto gulps down her entire mug as her eyes go wide. She then puts the mug on the barrel. 'es ist mehr als viereinhalb Platin Drachen wert! Ja Möchten sie ... oh my!' "That is incredibly generous of you, Willow. I do not know what to say. Is there anything I can do for you, anything at all?"

"I... uh... well..." She gives what must be a cheesy grin. "Just make sure it's going to a good home?" It was a pretty stock thing to say to something like that, but she was 500 bits richer now, and didn't really care what happened to the thing.

Stiletto put her forehoof on the side of her head. "I just..." She shakes her head "I have never met such a generous pony before in all of the years I have lived." She pours out another mug. "I toast to you, Willow. May you goodness be repaid tenfold."

Willow grins sheepishly. "Oh... it's nothing..." She prepares to say something about it being worthless to her, but she still had the 500 bits... "Just glad it could go to somepony who can use it."

Stiletto holds her mug out to Willow to finish the toast. "I am glad to have met you. I do hope we can become close friends."

Willow completes the toast with Stiletto and maintains her small grin. "Of course, it's always good to get to know new ponies." Although she'd heard a few strange things about Stiletto... she'd just have to be a bit cautious if that sort of stuff came up. Willow savors the flavor of the drink in her mouth and nods. "Yes, and take care of that flute.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 21, 2012, 04:09:41 pm »

Jaxler’s journal, 26th Opal, 257

Today Carmine made a cabinet, the thing looked pretty damn neat. The thing was encrusted and looked pretty high quality. It had hanging rings of iron and looked amazing but the one thing that caught my eye was the image on it. The image is a badger pony berserker which looked simply stunning.

18th Slate, 258

Well, the walls got some Fortifications made for them today, which should allow us to shoot at enemies without getting killed. Also glyph had some building made. Apparently he’s gonna take care of all the foals in town while the adults are off working and whatnot.

12 Felsite, 258

I had to arrest Flux today. He broke Glaive’s leg like a twig. I can’t say I blame him though, Glaive insulted he mare friend.  I respect the pony, most ponies would just sit there and do nothing but instead he went up and actually did something. All I can say is that I respect the guy.

13 Felsite, 258

Today Granite stole my crossbow. I had to chase the foal down about drowned in the process. In the end I ended up with a bolt in my leg and a pissed off little colt. Though, somehow Granite ended up telling me that he had kleptomania.  After hearing that I decided to go talk to flux seeing how there is no way in hell I can even dream of handling this alone. He said something about getting a musical instrument for the foal. So, now I guess I got something to do tomorrow.

14th Felsite, 258

Flux got out today. Turns out Glaive decided to go drop the charges on the poor guy. So, at least things will get back to normal.

16th Galena, 258

We didn’t have any bolts… today some thieves showed up and we didn’t have any bolts. We had to resort to smacking there’re heads in with ours crossbow. I can’t honestly believe this happened. Ug… I couldn’t even get a single hit in with that damned steel cross. I’m gonna talk to partisan about switching back to MY crossbow.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 21, 2012, 05:40:52 pm »

and Kukri

Jaxler woke up under a tree. He had a splitting head ache and the sun was blinding. After getting up he scanned his surrounding and saw that his crossbow was a few meters away on top of a boulder. After he picked up his crossbow, he saw a pony walking his way.

Kukri trotted softly towards the crimson haired pony, she had observed his slow stumbling into conciseness with some amusement. She merely intended to trot past and continue with her walk, but the crimson stranger gave her a look, that to her dismay, looked like conversation.

As the pony got closer decided he might as well start a conversation. "Aye there Kukri"

Kukri sighed; she knew this conversion was unavoidable. "Hello there" she said sweetly

Jaxler was surprised by the sweetness in the Kukri's voice. "so, how’s the militia?"
‘Gut wrenchingly dull’ Kurki thought to herself. "Oh just wonderful!" she said with enthusiasm "They're all so very kind to me over there, it's nice"

Jaxler: "Well that's good to hear."

Kukri spots the crossbow by Jaxler's side, and with a smile says "Ah, and how is your line of work treating you?" 

Jaxler looked at his decrepit wooden crossbow and though about the question. "Meh, it’s been pretty good"

Kukri lets out a light giggle, "Up late guarding this tree and boulder then?"

Jaxler shrugged "nah, all I did last night was get drunk."
 Great, Kurki thought to herself, a drunken guardspony, I've never felt so protected and secure. Kurki lets out another giggle, "Enjoy yourself, then?"

Jaxler thought for a moment, he really didn't have any memory of last night. "I really don't know"

‘A forgetful drunk, even better.’ Feeling that she had talked enough to not seem rude, Kurki was about to get away from the drunken gaurdpony, when it suddenly struck her that this was  the most interesting event that happened in her in weeks. She stared at Jaxler with a puzzled look, contemplating this realization. A brief uninteresting conversation was of note in her life. Perhaps I need to get out a bit more, she thought to herself.

Jaxler noticed that kukri seemed to have zoned out. "uh, Kukri, 'whatcha starring at?"

Realizing her soundings Kukri jumps back into awareness with a shock "Oh! er, nothing, just thinking" she ponders for a second more, and with a little effort manages to blurt "Hey, I tend to keep to myself, so, uh, anything interesting going on?"

Jaxler pondered for a moment. "no, not really. Things have been rather boring recently."

Slightly disappointed with his answer, Kukri lets an unintentional audible sigh. Catching herself she straightens up and smiles brightly at the garudspony. This was only the view of the forgetful drunk, after all. Perhaps someone pony in this damned fort had something at least mildly interesting to say. She certainly wasn't getting much out of him anyway.

as the awkward silence fell Jaxler decided that it was about time he made his leave "hay, I should really head off to the Barracks before Partisan realizes I'm late."

Kukri nods "Alright, I won't keep you" Thankful that the garudspony is taking his leave, Kukri turns her mind back to wondering just what to do with herself. "Perhaps I'll see you again...er..." She trails off, it hit's her quite suddenly that she has no idea what this pony's name is.

Jaxler looked at Kukri and laughed, "Let me guess you don't know my name."

Kukri was sorely tempted to say "Forgetful drunk?", but she knew that, that probably wouldn't be the best move for her. Instead, Kurki lowered her head and dragged her hoof back and forth across the ground. "Um...mabye?" she said with a squeak. Perhaps she could use this lack of knowledge to her advantage.

Jaxler: "Well in that case my name is Jaxler Blackflutes. I'm second command of the guard and also glad to make your acquaintance."

Kukri gives a slight curtsy "Please to meet you, Mr. Blackflutes"

Jaxler found the curtsy to be a bit overkill and somepony calling him Mr. seemed rather strange to him. "Please everypony just calls me Jaxler, and there really isn't any need to be formal"

Kukri took keen note of that, she should have guessed this guy would much prefer informal conversation, regardless the lesson was learned. "Alright Jaxler, I'll see you around" she rather hoped that she wouldn't, but had a feeling that more encounters with him were now unavoidable.

"Hopefully" and with that Jaxler made his way over to the barracks.

Kukri turns around and trots away, continuing her stroll. She couldn't deny that she was unbelievably bored, perhaps spending some time with the rest of these gits would help elevate some of that boredom.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 21, 2012, 10:34:40 pm »

((Stupidly long post incoming. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.))

Glaive's Journal 20th Sandstone, 257

I spared with Falcata outside the barracks today. She is unbelievable skilled. I was able to force her to a draw though. She didn't keep track of what my magic was doing, and I got her from behind with her own axe. She is skilled but I worry about her one day having to fight somepony with magic. But afterwords we fell onto the grass and watched the clouds. We talked and she said that she wanted to try and help me get there. It's an amazing thought. I've looked up for so long and now to finally be able to go... But preparations must be made. I'm too heavy for her to carry on her own. But I think, with some practice I can make myself effectively lighter, by pulling myself up with my magic, so that she could carry me. I also know that a spell exists that allows the target to have the pegasi's ability to stand on clouds.

I don't know that spell, but I hope that one of the caravans soon will carry a book with a copy of it. Once I have that, we are going to the sky.

Glaive's Journal 8th Obsidian, 257

I've been practicing my telekinesis for several hours everyday, my lifting strength with it is almost enough. To reduce my weight by effectively half. The problem isn't the weight that I can lift is too small it's just harder to apply that force to yourself. Though not impossible, magic is funny like that.

Glaive's Journal 11th Obsidian, 257

Glyph, one of those ponies in Stiletto's camp, along with Kat, have managed to convince Virtue to build a sort of kindergarten to watch over the young ones while the parents are working. While the idea has merit, and it is something that is needed, I don't much care for the ponies who will be running it. I fear that they may plant some less favorable ideas in the heads of the foals. I hope they would not be deceitful enough to try and do that on purpose, but it does look suspicious.

18th Obsidian, 257

The caravan from Coupledye arrived today. I had a look through all of their goods for every book they brought, their was only two. The Metaphysics of Mathmatics, and an old battered spellbook. The first was a highly technical mundance tomb that I had no iterest in, but the old book, it had some potential, unfortunately, the book seems to be written in Old Pony, and I can only make out a few words. If only I had a dictionary of Old Pony words, I might be able to make sense of it.

I sent a letter with the caravan to my father. I told him all about Falcata, and Dawnpick, and everything that has happened so far. I also requested that he send a few books here, as we don't exactly have a library. I requested a copy of the Old Pony textbooks he taught me from, but I hope to get this translated before the year is up and the caravan returns.

22nd Obsidian, 257

More thieves, attacked, I managed to kill two of them, Falcata got the other, I don't see why they keep trying. Not one of them has ever comeback from here successful.

18th Slate, 258

Construction has finished on Glyph's stables. I still don't like the idea of him and Kat looking over the foals. I think I'll help out, when I have time. I don't know much about raising foals, but I know a lot of old stories that I can share with them. Good stories, with good morals. Maybe that'll help counteract Glyph and Kat's influence.

12 Felsite, 258

I found Flux in Falcata's room today. Flux one of Stiletto's "friends" I suspected he was trying to seduce Falcata. I trust Falcata not to fall for it, but I didn't take kindly to him trying. When I heard that he gave her the beautiful lyre she's been playing, that was too much. I told him to stay away from her and that we wanted nothing to do with Stiletto's debauchery. He kicked me, hard. It broke my bum leg. Didn't hurt to bad, but I tossed him from the room with my magic. Falcata started yelling but when I tried to put weight on the broken leg, it snapped completely.

While I was in the hospital with Panacea Stiletto came in and started asking questions. She didn't know what had happened. I told her, the truth. Curse my honesty. She started flying and her magic went crazy she looked like she was on fire. She was yelling supernaturally loud, and in a threatening tone. I scrambled for something to defend myself from the crazy mare, while we continued to debate. I grabbed a chair but she crushed it like it wasn't there. How can anypony fight something like that. If she could do that to lump of wood, I can only imagine what she could do to a pony. Still I wasn't going to be intimidated by her and grabbed a scalpel. She eventually cooled down and left.

Later I met up with Falcata, I thought she'd be angry, but she was just happy I was okay. I love her. She's the most amazing mare I've ever met. I have something I want to ask her. But it needs the right setting. I think the clouds will do. Anything less wouldn't be fair.

14th Felsite, 258

At Falcata's urging I went to talk with Flux. I admit that do feel a little guilty about the whole ordeal, not about what I said but how I said it. I did provoke him. I went there and Stiletto was in the cell with him. I didn't want to talk in front of her, but, for some reason I went along with it. I apologized to Flux for provoking him and he apologized for kicking my leg. When I left I told Virtue to let him out in the morning.

16th Felsite, 258

Stiletto is throwing a party in honor of Flux's early release, I don't know if I want to go. I don't want to see Stiletto, and the emotions from the fight with Flux haven't really faded in it's entirety, but Falcata left about a half and hour ago. I guess, I'll go. Just need to get ready.

16th Galena, 258

The zebra caravan arrived earlier, I went down to talk with them, during Falcata's shift. I looked around and sure enough they had what I was looking for. A raw uncut diamond from their homeland. I have been saving my money for some time for this, so I bought it right away. It was expensive but I'll all be worth it. I took the gemstone to the jewler's here in town. I talked with the owner Quartz and arranged a deal with him to cut the gemstone, I told him I'd pick it up in 3 days. After that, I ran back to my room, to retrieve something from the locked chest under my bed. I pulled out a piece of great grandpa's axe. It put my family where it is now, and now it would help to strengthen us once again. I made my way to the smelter's where I saw Flux hard at work...

(The following is a scene Khenal and I did in private chat, released here for your reading pleasure. Enjoy.)

(The following scene involves, and )

On the 16th of Galena a few hours after the zebra caravan had set up to trade, Glaive walks into Flux's work area. He has a bit of cloth that seems to be wrapped around something solid, floating nearby him. "Hello Flux." he says.

Flux starts, not expecting Glaive of all ponies to walk into his smelter.
"Um, heya Glaive."

"Flux,I got some work for you." He makes his way to a table and places down
the cloth, he unwraps it and reveals a large shard of bismuth bronze. It
is clearly from a larger object, but is difficult to tell what. But the
metal is old and worn, and not as strong as it might once have been.

Flux looks at the bit of bismuth bronze and gives a low whistle.
 "Oh, wow. That must have been from something /huge/..."

Glaive responds "This was part of my Great Grandfather's Battle Axe, it was enormous. He was a mighty warrior and made most of our family's fortune as an adventurer. But I...er it is broken beyond repair now."

Flux gently prods the piece with a hoof.
 "Um, if you want it reforged, I'm... not the right pony..."

Glaive "I know that, I don't want it reforged. I want something new made out of it, but first I need this piece smelted down into something the metalcrafter's can work with more easily, and if possible can you strengthen the metal, so that is strong like it used to be, and not
brittle from metal fatigue?...I'm having something made for Falcata."

"Aahh..."
Flux nods in comprehension.
"I think so. Do you want it weapon grade?"

Glaive "It isn't for weapon...It's for a piece of jewelry. The axe's name was Widowgrief, my Greatgrandpa used it in the Old wars to slay many foes and then as an adventurer to make his fortune. This metal has built my family to what it is. But it has caused enough grief. It is time it was used to strengthen our family without killing. To make a wife, not a widow.if you take my meaning."

Flux 's eyes widen and he gasps, looking at the bit of metal in a new light.
"Jewelry... Um, yes. I can do that."

Glaive "Thank you Flux. How much will the work cost me?"

Flux 's mind races with all the tricks he can think of to give the metal a better lustre when polished.
"Um, nothing, Glaive. It, um, won't take too long to smelt this properly. I should be able to sneak it in between steel orders."

Glaive smiles, "Thank you Flux, that's very generous. But don't tell Falcata, about this I want it to be a surprise, okay."

Flux nods.
"I promise. Um... come by in a few days, I should have it smelted by then."

Glaive "Alright, I think Falcata has a shift when I'm off in 3 days. I'll come by then okay? And thank you again, but remember, it's a secret to everypony." Glaive begins to leave.

Flux wraps up the chunk of bismuth bronze to hide it.
Flux "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

Glaive glances one last time at the old shard, remembering the stories, remember how HE broke the family heirloom, and feeling a twinge of guilt at having it melted down like common scrap, but he knew it would be worth it. He exits the smelters workshop and heads toward home.

17th Galena

I've been trying to understand the spells in the book I acquired, but I can't remember enough of my Old Pony lessons to make sense out of any of them, so I went to Baroness to request her aid.

Glaive approaches Virtue's office, a tattered old book with a black leather binding held in his mouth. He knocks on the door.

Virtue takes one more look at the stock record she was updating and looks over to the door. "Come in!"

Glaive enters the room, he takes the book from his mouth with his magic and closes the door behind him. "Baroness," Glaive bows, "I have come to request your aid in something."

Virtue gives him a nervous smile. "There's no need for the formalities, Glaive." She eyes the book. "How can I help?"

Glaive takes the book and lays it before her. He flips it open to a page that has a detailed drawing of a Unicorn walking in one of the pegasan cloud cities. "It's about this book. It's a spellbook I bought from the caravan, but I can't read it. It's all in Old Pony, and I only know a few words. I know you are no unicorn, but I thought you might be able to help me translate it.

Virtue cocks her head and pulls the book closer. "Well, you're right about one thing... I don't know a bit about magic... but I do know a bit of Old Pony." She looks away thoughtfully. "It's ages..." "I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here... the spell, that is...."

Glaive is a bit disappointed. "This is the spell I am most concerned with. I think it is the Cloudwalking spell. though I can't be sure. I know enough about magic that I think could work out the spell though, if I understood what it's trying to tell me to do,
but it's probably pretty heavy on the jargon, that you might not know....Do you perhaps just have a dictionary or text book for Old Pony? If I had that, I might be able to do it myself. I sent a letter to my dad asking him to send me some of his books, but they won't arrive for months, and I'd rather not wait that long.

Virtue    "Hmm, perhaps... let me see if I can find it..." She stands and moves over to a bookcase to her side. From the dozens of books on the shelf, she pulls two thick dusty tomes down and places them on her desk. "I think it's one of these..."

Glaive approaches the desk and blows the dust off the books and examines them.

Virtue   "This one..." she says, pointing to the larger, "...is a dictionary. And the other is a bit of a learner's book on the subject. For grammar and syntax. I admit it's been decades since I've looked in either, but maybe they can help you." her expression grows a bit worried. "I... don't think you'll find anything about magic in them, but maybe it would be enough to get you started..."

Glaive lights up, "These are exactly what I need. If you don't use the books anymore, might I buy them from you?"

Virtue she gives him a warm smile. "They're yours, I haven't had a use for them in ages."

Glaive bows to Virtue yet again. "Thank you Baroness, you are too kind." he rises. I must go I have much work to do. He levitates all three books and starts toward the door.

Virtue cringes mentally at the bow but maintains her smile. "You're quite welcome Glaive. Good luck to you, if you have any trouble, I think Panacea might know a bit of Old Pony herself."

30th Galena, 258

I have spent the last 2 weeks with my head in these books, and practicing what I could understand. I think I have the cloudwalking spell down. Plus my telekinesis is stronger than ever, and the item is ready. I am ready to go to the sky with my love. As soon as we have a mostly clear day, with a few clouds to sit on, we shall try it. I'm excited but also really nervous. If I mess up the cloudwalking spell, or don't have it right, or can't keep up my magic long enough, best not to think about it.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 22, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »

((Just found out that my psp has a skype thing. athra0292 ifyou care))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Allaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 23, 2012, 06:21:25 pm »

Hello. Since joining during the Dawnpick party as Midnight. I looked through and would like to pick Toasty as the in-fort pony character for Midnight. I don't know how to rename him. Some help on that would be nice.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:25:55 pm by Allaki »

Zearoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 23, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »

((Hello everyone. Some of you might know me as that guy that just popped in out of nowhere... So I decided to be smart and  make a post to officially join. Or well... try to join. I'm still reading over the diary although, after talking with my friends, I've decided to try and claim the pony that's known as GoldenGrains. I'm not sure how to rename ponies, so if someone could, please rename him to 'Zearoth'. If it's alright with everyone.))

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 23, 2012, 07:54:51 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:54:54 pm by Omicega »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 23, 2012, 08:07:20 pm »

Hello. Since joining during the Dawnpick party as Midnight. I looked through and would like to pick Toasty as the in-fort pony character for Midnight. I don't know how to rename him. Some help on that would be nice.

((Hello everyone. Some of you might know me as that guy that just popped in out of nowhere... So I decided to be smart and  make a post to officially join. Or well... try to join. I'm still reading over the diary although, after talking with my friends, I've decided to try and claim the pony that's known as GoldenGrains. I'm not sure how to rename ponies, so if someone could, please rename him to 'Zearoth'. If it's alright with everyone.))

I'll check on getting these two ponies changed over for you.  Did you have any requests on changing their professions, or appearance for their avatars?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 23, 2012, 08:23:14 pm »

Jaxler was making his way to Flux's house with a lute that he had bought the other day. Jaxler needed to talk to the him about Granite's music training because he was honestly quite skeptical that Granite would agree to Flux's training unless he was there to endorse it, and also he needed to talk to him about trying to help the foal with his many problems. so as the Jaxler finally got close to Flux's door he extended his hoof and knocked "HAY FLUX, ARE YA THERE?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 23, 2012, 08:30:43 pm »

I sit on my bed, simply relaxing and thinking.  Jaxler's pounding on my door, though, shakes me form my thought and I slowly get off the bed and go to answer him.

"Yes, I'm here, Jaxler.  I'll get the door."

I open the door, and smile when I notice the lute.

"Ah, nice lute!  I guess you want to go talk to Granite, then?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 239