Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Internet Crackpot Appreciation Thread  (Read 9724 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Crackpot Appreciation Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2011, 05:33:34 pm »

I doubt conservapedia is actually written by conservatives. It's like Stephen Colbert- he's not actually conservative, but he acts like it and also like an idiot to make fun of conservatives.

Edit: It calls itself "The Trustworthy Encyclopedia." This is an alarm bell for me. Going on.

Edit: Well I do agree with it, at least, about Hate speech laws, being an advocate of free speech.

Edit: Here we go, Hate crimes page. Noone actually thinks that. Seriously.

Edit: OK, maybe it's foudned by some of the nuttier ones of us :/

Never think we all think this stuff....

I'm really confused now but I think you were joking when you said that you supported hate speech. You really scared me for a moment there.

It's not that I support Hate Speech, t's that I'm against the government arresting people for it- because I believe it's not the gov's job to get into that kind of thing. You see, there's a little quote, lemme find it.
"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it" -Voltaire
I very much disagree with HAte Speech- but arresting people for having racist views leads to such atrocities as this.

Exactly. Personally I believe in free speech, no matter how stupid or offensive that speech is; and if somebody says something to you that is offensive, you're welcome to swear at them and insult them back, but having them arrested crosses the line.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2011, 12:30:36 am »

I mentioned this guy earlier but his site had been replaced with a single page. His videos are still on Youtube.

From his 44 part video series Marko Rodin's vortex-based mathematics you can see this billboard of claims:

It's worth watching the first video (4mins) or even just a little of it.

Genius or something else?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:33:09 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2011, 08:58:52 am »

Any man with that much hair on his shoulders must know something I dont!

Also, one of my personal favorite websites, (i havent seen it mentioned here but i may have just missed it)
http://www.fstdt.com/

fundies say the darnedest things, a collection of the craziest, meanest and outright smart-as-a-brick quotes on the internets
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:01:40 am by jester »
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2011, 11:04:19 am »

I know this is wrong of me, but I'm pretty sure groundbreaking physicists don't wear wife-beaters.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2011, 06:36:53 pm »

This has a collection of the most insane people I have ever seen.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2011, 06:39:26 pm »

Can you believe some of them? They think you can get infinite energy from water, or use mushrooms for wood. They're crazy.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2011, 06:42:28 pm »

Can you believe some of them? They think you can [snip] use mushrooms for wood. They're crazy.
Like hell you can!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2011, 06:47:00 pm »

Mushrooms have a crazy number of uses.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2011, 08:48:33 pm »

Just found what is probably the pinnacle of internet crackpots. I think it's connected to this and this.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2011, 08:51:34 pm »

Just found what is probably the pinnacle of internet crackpots. I think it's connected to this and this.

Those are obvious parodies. Nobody could believe that.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »

Honestly, I think everybody is actually trolling us. Like, you take off the Conservapedia guy's face and you'll see that his skull is in the shape of a trollface.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2011, 09:15:56 pm »

You know, it's going to get to the stage of WW3, and we all get conscripted into a cross-nation special squad, and it turns out to be all the nations just trolling us guys. And girls, too.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2011, 03:08:29 pm »

Don't forget the 700 Club, Pat Robertson's personal nuthouse. Link goes to wiki page, to avoid giving them ad revenue. :P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]