Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

EU3 MP: Round Two! 8/15 ON THIS WEEK STOP DROPPING OUT

(1/34) > >>

Twiggie:
Ok, since last time fizzled out, I figured I'd try and start this up again.

As before, we will be playing on Sundays starting at 3:30PM GMT+0.
Play will commence 4th November

This game will be in Europe. There will be no taking nations out past North Africa, Russia, and the GH/Timmies.
I would normally let people go further out but since we'll be playing via Hamachi there definitely won't be enough people.

Majors will only be played by people I whitelist for the positions.
This is to prevent power vacuums when people can't attend for a week.
If you cannot attend, play WILL continue without you. Its up to you to find a ringer.
There will be no complaining about what happened when you were not here.

Spoiler: Other rules, shamelessly copied (click to show/hide)1. Wartaxes are allowed IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING. If your nation is simply sitting on the sidelines, you will be kicked for using war taxes. The GM will decide in borderline cases.

2. Lucky nations will be turned off.

3. Disrespectful treating of other players is forbidden. Any disputes about in game situations are to resolved by the GM. Continual harassment of a player will lead to removal from the game.

4. It is a players duty to find a sub to fill in for his absence, the GM holds no responsibility to this.

5. Wrecking your own nation just because you lost is forbidden. So you cant release every possible vassal, or refuse to peace and go to ridiculous lengths to annoy your enemy.

6. No sale of provinces to nations who cant see said provinces and cant see the sellers capital.

7. A player can DOW another player's vassal IF { that vassal is not allied with its overlord AND the player has no truce with the overlord }

8. Bargains between players will NOT be enforced. If a player does not hold his side of a bargain he made, the sanction is to have other players know it and act in consequence.

9. Going to war with another player just for the lulz is not allowed.

10. Even if you have a valid reason, do NOT kick a guy when he's down. If somebody's army just got destroyed you are obliged to let them rebuild it to a reasonable level before attacking. The exception is if you are the guy who destroyed him. If you peaced out and decide you want to take the 5 stab hit for attacking them again, by all means go ahead. Players are encouraged to attack the aggressor if this happens, though.
Spoiler: Peace rules, also copied (click to show/hide)Basically, there are no peace rules. Only karma. If you demand a lot, expect to give up a lot if ever defeated. If you continuously ask for little when you win a war, expect to have little to be asked of you if you lose a war.

For new players, it is advisable to work through diplomacy and ask for only a few provinces in peace deals until you get more experienced. You don't want to win a war, ask for a whole lot, then have a more experienced player come by and ruin your nation because he can demand a lot from you in return for you demanding a lot from another nation.

There are, however, rules on how you may peace out of wars:

1. Peacing a player through an AI is prohibited. There is an exception to this rule based on the fact that the AI nation was a player in the last session which was unable to find a sub.

2. A surrender is a surrender, and is definitive. Once you invoke surrender, peace must be agreed to. You may not sit on his land refusing peace to drive up his WE and drive down his treasury, you must peace out ASAP. If the session ends after a surrender but before peace is worked out, get the peace deal finalized before the beginning of the next session. If the person who surrendered doesn't like the peace deal being offered by the attacker, he reserves the right to withdraw his surrender and continue fighting.

2a. The attacker reserves the right to ignore a surrender if he wishes to annex. If the attacker is unable to annex with 100% war score, he must concede defeat to the defender.

3. Whenever there are two players in a war and one of them is the alliance leader, the alliance leader may not peace out with an enemy nation without the explicit permission of all the other player nations in the alliance. If this rule is not followed, the other player nations reserve the right to request that they be edited back into a state of war with the same strategical situation as when the alliance leader peace deal was made.

4. Annexed players will be allowed to rejoin as another country, however there will be NO REVENGE TAKING.

5. There will be no perma-alliances. The forming of power blocs makes the game boring. By all means use Military Access for NAPs, but all alliances will be terminated when a new session (not rehost) starts. The GM will mod the save file to ensure this, there is no need to waste diplomats. There will be no allying with players you were allied with in the session before.
Spoiler: Rehosting (click to show/hide)The host will save the game.
Everyone will quit their Eu3 and start it up again.
Everyone will join within 5 minutes of the server going up.
If you don't join in that window, play will continue without you.
You may rejoin at the next rehost.
Spoiler: Signing up (click to show/hide)List 3-4 Countries in Europe that you wish to play.
Preference will be given to people who have proved their dedication already.
Country groups will only have one out of the group.
Spoiler: Suggested Countries (click to show/hide)Majors:
France/Burgundy
Castille
Poland/Lithuania
Austria

Good Minors:
Portugal
The Hansa
Denmark/Sweden/Norway
Spoiler: Other stuff (click to show/hide)The game will be played via Hamachi. You need to download this beforehand.
This means the game is limited to 15 players.
The checksum is BJLT. You need to ensure you have this beforehand.
You will need to join the chat server #Bay12EU3 at mibbit for hosting communication etc.
Biased AARs where you brag about your skill and success are encouraged.
AARs will be linked from the second post.
Screenshots of Europe and the World will be displayed after each play session in the second post.
Spoiler: Player List PROVISIONAL (click to show/hide)Twiggie - Whatever I choose. (Burgundy /England/France most likely)
Barbarossa - Golden Horde / Castille / Bohemia
Johnfalcon - Byzantium / Muscowy / Milan
Demonic Spoon - Papal State / Denmark / Ottoman / Portugal
Dutchling - Timurids / Aragon / Castille / Austria
Digital Hellhound - Hungary / Milan / Teutonic Order
Criptfeind England/France
Supercharazad Venice/Castille

Twiggie:
Reserved!

Zrk2:
Why Hamachi? My understanding is that it was not necessary for the last game, and it ran fine.

Twiggie:
It simply makes hosting easier.

Domenique could run fine on his, but anyone can host via Hamachi. It was also a lot more stable, i think.

Heron TSG:
Because this way anyone can host without the single person who hosted before.

Golden Horde. If I could only use the European parts of the Horde, I'll go with Castille. If not that, Bohemia.

Never done a horde game before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version