Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: The Age of Myth: Goldenhold (A DF Novel Length Story)  (Read 110766 times)

helf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Age of Myth: Goldenhold (A DF Novella)
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2012, 03:32:34 pm »

I'd like to be 'dorfed', if possible :)

Great story so far.
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2012, 08:47:14 pm »

Thanks!

I would post that I'll try to post tonight, but when I say that I never do.  SO I AM NOT POSTING TONIGHT!  OKAY????  *Looks around suspiciously*
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2012, 10:48:41 pm »

Goldenhold
Chapter 27: Drop By Drop

They had lost that defensive position.  Many had died on both sides, the never ending goblin horde pouring up the body ramps.  The Captain of the Guard had survived, and even had to order a “regrouping” which was just a code word for “Retreat”.  The survivors had faces that were exhausted, most having been awake for the previous hour of chaos.  They had sprinted behind the next gate, which was made of a foot of adamantine.

It was the second defense between the remaining troops and the horde of goblins, and the human army who had broke through. 

The battlements were torn, pillars of gold collapsed, bringing down bits and pieces of the roof on top of the fighters.  Bodies were pilled into ramps, the gate was totally wrecked, goblins pouring through.  Fires burned, setting mounds of corpses on fire, the bodies burning and giving off a stink so wretched that even a goblin had to curl their nose.  The area was filled with ichor from trolls, blood from goblins, and guts of dwarves into a syncretic liquid that was a foot deep.  If someone had taken a pace in there, they might have stepped onto a sword or dagger that had gone flying during the fight, fall into the blood, and drown.

Many bodies were filled with bolts or arrows, some even with spears that had been thrown out of desperation.  All were losing shape in the fire though, the wooden shafts burning and leaving only the heads inside the corpses they were stabbed into.  All of this was leading to the hallway that the dwarvern guard was hiding behind.  The gate was the second line of protection for them.

The first was Karakzon.  Everything on him was stained red, including his normally pale skin.  The armor shown in the light, drops of blood from the armor gleaming in the torchlight or the fires from the combat, showing off a brilliant hue as they fell into the pool, only making it deeper.

Drop by Drop.

He heard screams to charge once again.  Once again, they would attempt to take him down.  This was their fifth time attacking him, each one incurring more losses than the last.  But besides the brief rests between the fights, they still seemed never ending.

He must have misheard.  Only one goblin walked forward and into the battle.  Blood was on him, falling down.

Drop by Drop.

“I am Amud Ikled!  I will spill your blood for Armok!  You have fought well, but I will fight better!”  The goblin laughed, his voice echoing through the halls.

Karakzon looked around, expecting a trap.  But there was none.  This goblin was honest, and on his own.  “So your done hiding behind your troops like a coward, and want to face me like a man?”

The goblin only sneered at him.  “Are the dwarves done hiding in their petty mountains to avoid facing the judgement of the gods?”

“I’m not hiding.”
“Neither am I.”

And they charged at eachother, red blades gleaming in the air as a ruby streak followed the weapons.

Drop by Drop.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2012, 08:07:07 am »

ooooooohhhh boooooooyyyyyyy. this is gettin serious now. Of course my dwarf is smart and stays behind and sends forward the expendable "rabble" :P. good read thus far, keep up the great work.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2012, 05:10:49 pm »

^^
this is an awesome read.
Im guessing that when our blades meet the gods will be sparring.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2012, 06:30:13 pm »

and then you get hit by friendly fire hehehehe

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2012, 08:48:50 pm »

I WILL NOT BE POSTING TODAY.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2012, 10:33:36 pm »

muahahaha but will you hold to that, can you resist writing of the captains shear stupidity.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2012, 01:12:49 am »

DAMMIT! Appologies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #234 on: January 28, 2012, 06:28:31 pm »

^^
this is an awesome read.

RAWWRRRR

(I hope we both don't just suddenly die. That would suck. I'm all up for you dying though. Would you mind dying of old age? :P)
Lol I'm definitely going to die now.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2012, 06:36:58 pm »

^^
this is an awesome read.

RAWWRRRR

(I hope we both don't just suddenly die. That would suck. I'm all up for you dying though. Would you mind dying of old age? :P)
Lol I'm definitely going to die now.

CHAPTER XXXX:
[/b]

A MISSLE FALLY ONTO THEM, Killing them both. 

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2012, 06:39:31 pm »

CHAPTER XXXX:

A MISSLE FALLY ONTO THEM, Killing them both.

OH MY CRAP THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME 1211241241/0

FUAHIFOAHOUHJFOU OHHHYEAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2012, 07:50:27 pm »

I worry about you.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2012, 01:07:33 am »

There's no need. He's just more in touch with his dwarven side than most.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2012, 03:41:49 pm »

I challenge you to a duel, that will be fought entirely with salmon.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30