Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: The Age of Myth: Goldenhold (A DF Novel Length Story)  (Read 110729 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Age of Myth: Goldenhold (A DF Novella)
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2012, 09:13:42 pm »

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nobility strikes again. He most likely will be one of the last to die simply because he is so stupid he cant die. AAAAnd he will bring doom and destruction to the rest of the fort. nice read once again.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2012, 10:05:54 pm »

Wow, you did a good job of portraying real nobility. I guess dwarfs really do take after humans.

I wasn't expecting an update so soon after finishing reading. Thanks :)
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 04, 2012, 05:18:48 am »

Was I discovered before or after escaping the fortress? If before, then I'm getting sloppy.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 04, 2012, 09:56:47 am »

Was I discovered before or after escaping the fortress? If before, then I'm getting sloppy.

Where did you escape the fortress?

Your currently asleep.  You had to cover up.

EDIT:  Thanks for the complements.

I won't get one up today.

Also, once I finish this  Age of Myth series I will probably be doing editing a lot.  I realize that some parts seem rushed, some parts seem pointless, and other parts are just wrong.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:14:25 am by RabidAnubis »
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 05, 2012, 01:41:17 pm »

Goldenhold
Chapter 31: Temporary Truce

The guard quickly formed into a line, terrified of what lay ahead of them.  They didn’t know what was going on, only that their deaths awaited them.  Only three deep against a horde of thousands, it was certain death.

Amud was at the front lines this time, blood pouring from his arm and splashing onto the ground.  The pile of blood and bodies started to flow into the hallway after the gate opened, bringing in the dead.  Some flies had made it underground, and by the beach entrance the crows devoured the corpses of the parted.

More bodies joined the blood flow.  Even though the guards must have killed ten each before expiring, the goblins were constantly refilling.  It was a limited force of elites against an endless horde of regulars.  The inevitable happened after ten minutes.

Amud’s army sprinted through the blood and bodies, and towards the Baron’s hall.  All the traffic in the fortress joined right after it, and Amud could smell victory in the form of dwarvern flesh. 

He heard human screams from behind his forces after a few minutes of running.  Turning around, he saw the back of his army being slaughtered by Zeon’s forces.  He couldn’t help to try and face palm.  After realizing his arm had been cut off, and his other had a sword in it, he gave up with that attempt.  It was pointless.

The goblin didn’t know, but Kyle had managed to un-flood the chamber, open the gate, and let the bulk of the army in.  Both Zandria and Zeon complained that he took too long, which he apologized for.  That only resulted in Zeon yelling at him again, and Zandria giving him a sympathetic hug and then a slap across the face.  She had yelled, “DONT TAKE SO LONG NEXT TIME!”  Kyle wasn’t sure who was more terrifying.

But that didn’t matter to the commander at the moment.  Zeon had a big enough army that it could pose a threat....  “FASTER!  RUN FASTER!”  He heard the enemy general echo those words in return, and Ikled cursed.  While running, Ikled yelled, “Why are you killing me!  Let’s get the dwarves first!  Parley?”

He heard a yell back that sounded like, “OVER MY FATHER’S DEAD BODY YOU ASSHOLE!”  Well that didn’t work.  A cheer came from the human army, and they went faster than the goblins, stampeding over them.  Amud would have heard the sound of bones crunching beneath those metal boots had the pools of blood and guts not muffled the screams of the dying.

“Well I’ll see you at the Baron’s courtroom, you white skinned yellow lunged bastard!”

That was only more insulting the general because it was true.

Amud’s army stormed into the massive hall.  They immediatly shuffled to the left, and they couldn’t help but look up and around.  Even the goblins couldn’t help but look around.

Zeon’s army shuffled to the right.  Amud noticed that the humans were doing the same thing, starring around the halls. 

Both armies noticed the wonder of these halls.  The halls were of the gods, six massive columns of pure sapphire were evenly spaced along the edges, holding the emerald ceiling up, reflecting light off of those gems and off the walls of pure gold, seeming brighter than the sun.  Several of the soldiers walked up to the walls, staring at the pictures that were engraved in them.  There was scenes of caravans and founding.  However, looking at the massive obsidian door at the end, it was obvious that even a half mile high ceiling and a mile long courtroom was just long enough to display the history behind the founding. 

It was impossible for either of the two invaders to comprehend the idea that over two miles squared of engravings was just enough for the founding.  Zeon took steps forward on-top of the silver floor, leaning against one of the gigantic sapphire columns.  He looked through it, noticing that lava was pouring through the middle of it, making the sapphires glow, along with the rest of the hall.

Two opposite silver staircases to the sides of the gate that lead into the fortress had an adamantine throne at the top, sitting on a platform that rested over the door.

“You said this was the BARON’S hall?”
“Of course it is you idiot.  This is nothing compared to the hall of the king!”

Zeon’s mouth watered with the thought of the wealth.
Amud’s mouth watered with the thought of dwarvern blood.
The dragon’s flame watered with the thought of hunger.

Both armies looked out at the gate, seeing a massive dragon running down the hallway and into the courtroom. 

The ornate obsidian gate pounded closed behind it, sounds of mechanisms heard closing behind it, echoing through the halls.  The dragon jumping into the center of the hall.

“TEMPORARY TRUCE?”
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2012, 02:00:48 pm »

lol. their gonna get fhwooshed bro :)

i hope my dwarf makes a come back as a ghost to get a touch fo revenge before he goes to the afterlife.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 05, 2012, 02:11:10 pm »

Its ONLY a 5 ton dragon!  It's not that bad.

Okay.  It is.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 06, 2012, 01:18:44 am »

Yes, burn, fools! Burn for your ignorance! Nobody can set foot inside a dwarven fortress without the threat of such horrendous traps!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2012, 04:03:55 am »

Hey, I got an idea; nether cap freeze traps! A room made of nether cap, roof opens up water that then freezes everything inside it.

Anyway, still awesome writing!
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 06, 2012, 07:36:47 am »

Hey, I got an idea; nether cap freeze traps! A room made of nether cap, roof opens up water that then freezes everything inside it.

Anyway, still awesome writing!

Interesting trap idea, but not for Goldenhold.  :)

Thanks for the compliments!

Won't be able to post today  ???

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2012, 07:37:25 am »

Yes, burn, fools! Burn for your ignorance! Nobody can set foot inside a dwarven fortress without the threat of such horrendous traps!

I know this may be offensive, but who was your character?

I think you signed up for one, right?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2012, 01:51:32 pm »

Nope! :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2012, 08:20:57 pm »

GOBLIN FLAKES.  ITS WHATS FOR BREAKFAST.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2012, 06:55:36 am »

Was busy yesterday, won't post today. ::)

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 09, 2012, 03:49:29 pm »

Was busy yesterday also.  My gf called last night, was unable to write.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30