Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the ultimate and most dorfy ever artifact!  (Read 1977 times)

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
the ultimate and most dorfy ever artifact!
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:31:23 am »

My personal favorite first, just to set the mood.

Vunomastel Mekurtobul, "Lungallies the Colorless Canyon", a iron battle axe

Weight: 6 dorf pounds

Basic Value: 91,200 dorf bucks

This is a iron battle axe. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with red pyrope and encircled with bands of smoky quartz. This object menaces with spikes of limonite and reindeer bone. On the item is an image of a quarry bush in iron. On the item is an image of a blazing sun in FORGOTTEN BEAST LEATHER.

Now that is freaking awesome, it has forgotten beast leather! Now to combine it with my forgotten beast bone helmet! Sweet.

But now onto the real deal:

Tangakdal Loram Thortith, "Spotgreeds the Cathedral of Spells", a marble harp

Weight: 10 dorf pounds

Basic Value: 262,800 dorf bucks

This is a marble harp. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with shale, marble, limonite, and phyllite and encircled with bands of shale, phyllite, marble, pig iron and cat leather. This object is adorned with hanging rings of shale, phyllite and marble and menaces with spikes of marble, shale, phyliite, fine pewter, harlequin opal, quamarine and shell opal. On the item is an image of a shining sun in shale.

On the item is an image of dwarves in shale. The dwarves are laboring. The artwork relates to the foundation of diamondchambers by the Fortification of Honor of The Watchful Crypts in the early spring of 1071.

On the item is an image of As, the deity of jewels, depicted as a male dwarf in shale. As is contemplating.

On the item is an image of... 96 more times!

say what?!

Seriously, a lot of the images are of the original foundation in 1071 by the Watchful Crypts, but that died to a loyalty cascade. The idiot and selfish militia took food and starved the fort out. It wasn't until the  Belted Oar sent in the Scorching Knife that a reclaim made Diamond Chambers what it was. The  Watchful Crypts group didn't even last through the winter.

The Watchful Crypts may of founded the mountain halls, but it was the Belted Oar who made it what it is today!

Now, in the year 1073, this mighty artifact to triumph all others is created! Hurah for 11 years of occupation, Diamond Chambers shall remain strong! 

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: the ultimate and most dorfy ever artifact!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:28:57 am »

This more common than you think...
New to the game?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

UristMcFan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:54:17 am »

Yeah that's a Planepacked artifact I think. I've always wanted to see if I can get one of them only using high quality materials.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 11:17:40 am »

At least it doesn't have an image of itself on it o_o
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 11:28:40 am »

Prideunited was the most dorfy and ultimate artifact ever.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 11:37:44 am »

in one game i had an artifact scepter, crown and cup. That really seems like some holy royal regalia. The next one was a golden hatch cover, breaking the losing streak of completely useless stuff
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 11:41:39 am »

Another one of these threads...?

Search please before you add a thread... Most people on bay12 don't like looking at 5 thread clones a day D:
And really, those artifacts kinds of artifacts are incredibly common, you'd be REALLY surprised how many artifacts can lay claim to most dorfy ever.

Besides, forgotten beast leather is nothing special, my dwarves have loads of FB and Titan socks, quivers and backpacks :P

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 01:17:16 am »

yer im new

It's a paradox when that happens, cause the image of itself will have the image of itself, like two mirrors facing each other!

Is there really a lot of artifacts with nearly 100 images on it? I thought it was some weird freak occurrence or something.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 01:18:33 am »

yer im new

It's a paradox when that happens, cause the image of itself will have the image of itself, like two mirrors facing each other!

Is there really a lot of artifacts with nearly 100 images on it? I thought it was some weird freak occurrence or something.

Look up planepacked, if you can't find it on the forums... Look it on the WIKI :D

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 04:48:59 am »

yer im new

paradox? Done in RL, see http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Droste_effect
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.