Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: "That's not my sister. I don't know who that is!"  (Read 10423 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: "That's not my sister. I don't know who that is!"
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »

It makes you wonder if there's maybe something a little more sinister going on.

Odd, I could have sworn it was only 8:30 before I clicked that link...

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 05:44:29 am »

So dwarves that are widowed don't remarry. But do dwarves find a new lover if the old one dies? The lover still stays as such in their relationship screen, which implies that they won't hook up with any other dwarf ever again.

Not neccesserily. The wife doesn't have a legends mode entry and no one acknowledges her in any way save for the part in her childrens' entries that simply state "her identity has been lost to time"
So you can't really draw a parallel to deceased dwarves whom have actually been confirmed to exist.

I've been away working for a day and a night so I'm only starting the game up again now. They have so far not married but I hope they will. I am itching to see what happens with relations when their children are born!

And yes, do the girls have a mother in their relationship screen?

Once again; no.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 05:50:49 am »

Wait, damn. If it had been a son and daughter, more experimentation ahoy.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 07:18:00 am »

Wait, damn. If it had been a son and daughter, more experimentation ahoy.

Are you implying incest?

That would of been impossible. The girls aren't acknowledging eachother at all. You know how the siblings get the "younger brother / older sister" or whatever relation? It cannot be changed. The bugged immigrants I have don't acknowledge eachother and the missing relation cannot be replaced. They simply refuse to even look at eachother.
 Thus they cannot become lovers... or friends or even passing acquaintances. It's quite sad really. :(
I have an art blog now.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 07:20:07 am »

Oh, so the relationship is having a bugged display, not the relationship itself.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 07:59:53 am »

I don't know. Maybe.

That's one interpretation of what Toady said. "Sibling migrants don't track relationships properly." .. god I wish they would marry already.
 There's a siege outside the fort and everyone's locked indoors.

I've begun butchering dogs and cooking seeds to keep everyone fed.
I have an art blog now.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 09:40:48 am »

So, there is a male who sires children without women? Damn, that is the God-Emperor of Dwarfkind...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 11:46:41 am »

So, there is a male who sires children without women? Damn, that is the God-Emperor of Dwarfkind...

What's next, dwarf spehss mahreens supersoldiers? Oh wait... we have those already.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 03:05:08 pm »

Finally They married!

The other dwarves in the fort have also been reproducing so since I want to see more children from these two I have begun herding rival children into a small room where they will starve to death.

There has been no relationship change between the children and the step-mother. They are "long-term acquaintance" and "passing acquaintance".

Seems about right. Who gets along with their step-mom anyway?
I have an art blog now.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 03:11:53 pm »

I'm waiting for them to have kids.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 03:22:49 pm »

I'm waiting for them to have kids.

Me, too.
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 03:25:10 pm »

The other dwarves in the fort have also been reproducing so since I want to see more children from these two I have begun herding rival children into a small room where they will starve to death.

Where else but here could you see a statement like that and think "Yeah, sounds like a good way to handle that situation"?
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »

Alright! Their first child has been born. It is a baby boy!

The girls are NOT acknowledging the baby as their brother. I'm going to let him grow up a bit and see if they can become acquainted with him.. and IF they can, then I'm going to isolate them, let them grow up and try to make them marry eachother.
I have an art blog now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 06:32:23 pm »

Alright! Their first child has been born. It is a baby boy!

The girls are NOT acknowledging the baby as their brother. I'm going to let him grow up a bit and see if they can become acquainted with him.. and IF they can, then I'm going to isolate them, let them grow up and try to make them marry eachother.

Dude. Their kids will have 5 arms and no legs. I mean, their mother's will already be raging alcoholics.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 10:33:53 pm »

Dude. Their kids will have 5 arms and no legs. I mean, their mother's will already be raging alcoholics.
5 arms?! That's enough to allow them to quintuple wield weapons! And if you combine that with making them wield sword-chucks, then we could be possibly decuple-wielding sword chucks! Ultimate devastation in a dwarven package! Who cares if he can't move an inch? All we need to do is plop him down in the entrance and let goblins, FB's and Titans slay themselves upon his leglessness.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3