Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ok so it seems Toady is starting to get to ends of creating the next release....  (Read 6146 times)

cludgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we create a comprehensive list going of whats coming to fortress mode in the next release?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

We already have.

I don't have it with me, but someone will post it in short order.

cludgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Post post haste, i havent checked the forum specifically in a little while. Just been reading the front page periodically. I know about lycanthorpes, vampires, mummies, towns, roads, sewers, etc but i need further specifics

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

well, towns, roads, sewers etc. are adv. only >_>

cludgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Si, pero i was mentioning that to add to the authenticity of the "I've been watching the front page" line. Im still throughly interested in the fortress mode additions

hudders

• Bay Watcher
  • Excuse me while I waffle
    • View Profile
    • Doodle Circus

This is the un-molested URL for those who are still looking for it:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u8jibE1TV7BAwAI2b4TzRkWFlBboLiXMrVBhYmDYPhI&pli=1

toad-edit: I removed some trolling posts above this.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:39:55 pm by Toady One »

Slovak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you, Hudders, for not being a dick about it. I was looking for a list myself.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, I did a search and the only thing that looked remotely close was a "State of the fortress", which didn't really answer the OP's question.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

fluffhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

speaking of, I have yet to successfully get the search feature to work on this site.  Maybe I just search using the wrong terms, or some other issue that is my fault, but I hate the site search on this forum.  The only thing I ever seem to get in my results is a bunch of stories (or threads dealing with succession forts) and nothing relevant...

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.

Don't let the trolls prove otherwise: there's lots of good, helpful people here.  This is one of my favorite forums for that reason.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I think most of the new features added in this release will be primarily for Adventure Mode players -- and it looks like it's going to be pretty rad for them, at least.  I've never really played Adventure Mode since it always kinda felt like Fortress Mode was the "real" DF to me, but maybe I'll have to check it out on this release.

It does look like we'll get to interact with some new and interesting creatures, and the vampire stuff in Fortress Mode, but those will be things that might happen rarely or never depending on where one's fortress is located, so other than the new animals and things I think Fortress Mode will be pretty much the same as before.

Has anyone noticed other major (or minor) changes that will impact Fortress Mode that I've missed?

If Today somehow manages to sneak in a fix for the "dwarves claim but never wear clothing even when theirs has completely rotted off" bug in this release I'll be so happy I'll do a little dance.  Hell I'll video myself dancing the little dance and post it on YouTube for everyone to enjoy.  That's all I want for Christmas -- they can keep my two front teeth.  :P

That said, I'm pretty dang happy playing the current version, so it's all good.

--nomad_delta

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm curious, are people more affected by the never wearing clothes bug because it creates massive lag, or because it makes then sad (or possibly very happy) to imagine dwarves running around naked instead of wearing their nice purple robes and goblin leather hats?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Like I care about my dwarves. For me it's lag.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like I care about my dwarves. For me it's lag.

There are ways to combat the lag... I just want him to put his damn hat on!  >:(

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Maybe I just search using the wrong terms, or some other issue that is my fault, but I hate the site search on this forum.
You can search the forums individually, or you can use Google. I find that inputting a phrase with ""s around it doesn't work properly if you search the forum using the board software, but going through Google (which you can do in the drop-down menu by the search bar) works fine.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: [1] 2 3