Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Cross Animals: DEAD  (Read 8468 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 0: Rainy Drive
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 09:55:01 pm »

I'll watch this, if only to see the Raccoon ruthlessly extort exorbitant sums of money from the players.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 10:18:47 pm »

AH, SON OF A BIT--...

I can't believe that I missed this. Man, I've never been in a single decent RTD. I mean...Is it bad luck? First the gods curse me with hideous features, then I'm plagued with crippling mental disabilities (Can't...do...math...), and now they take away my luck!?

I see a sacrifice in the future...May the lambs run dry! Good luck with the RTD, it sounds fun...>_>

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »

Can I join in the fun, and offer some ideas as to how Mr. Raccoon's character should be handled? I just have the best ideas for a ruthless, drug addled, real estate extortionist mobster Raccoon taking place in a cartoony world.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 10:59:23 pm »

I'll be taking care of all that. In the meantime, you guys can come up with townie names. Not genders or races - just names. I'll fill out the rest of them (possibly quite humorously) to fit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 10:59:40 pm »

HORATIO
"Mopeville? Rather dreary name, what? Ah well, I suppose it cannot possibly look worse than it sounds. How far off are we, exactly?"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:05:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 1: Beginnings
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 07:51:25 am »

Turn 1
1 AM, Tuesday, May 3rd

The rain beat down hard on the front of the dull yellow taxi. Kapp'n made a hard right, then a hard left. The boys riding with him shifted around in their seats before answering his previous question. Even they could tell that they were nearing their destination.

Mathew pulled out his map. Well, that isn't quite correct; after all, it was on his lap the entire time. "My map here says we are heading towards Mopeville but I'm not certain. Never been much of a traveler,"

As Mathew studied over his map intently, Richard lied back in his seat. "Pretty sure it's Mopeville," he confirmed. It was a dreary name, but it was probably a coincidence. Surely, if he was moving out to a town recommended to him by his own parents, it wouldn't be too terrible.

Brian lifted his arms and shrugged. "Mopeville? I don't pay attention to silly things like maps so I'll just agree with the others." Brian was more of a free spirit kind of guy. No need to be tied down by maps, GPS, cell phones and the like. He would figure everything out when he arrived at his destination.

Horatio made a funny face and lifting his arm like he was carefully, but elegantly, lifting a glass of wine. "Mopeville? Rather dreary name, what? Ah well, I suppose it cannot possibly look worse than it sounds. How far off are we, exactly?" How exciting! A new life! He couldn't wait!

The rain cleared slightly as the boys talked in turn. Kapp'n pointed straight ahead with one single finger. "Nearly there!" And he was right. Very smoothly, the heavy rain stopped to reveal the moonlight, which shone over the town of Mopeville. The boys grabbed their (nearly empty) backpacks, tipped Kapp'n, and thanked him for being pleasant.

Kapp'n stuck his head out the driver's side window as the boys got out. "Now, don't ferget ta' see about yer paperwork at Town Hall! It's just north of here. No hurry, though!" And upon saying that, he waved the four kids goodbye and left.

Brian, Horatio, Richard, and Mathew were all standing on a grassy patch. It was unlikely anyone was awake, but there was no telling about stuff like that when traveling to a new place. Maybe they were all night owls! Mathew kicked his feet across the dirt a couple of times. Now what?

Player List
Spoiler: Brain/Bdthemag (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Horatio/Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mathew/KineseN (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:59:47 pm by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 1: Beginnings
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 07:57:09 am »

If BD's the brain, then who's Pinky?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 08:02:29 am »

Richard observed his surroundings.

"I don't think the Town Hall will be open until morning. I'm going to go look for something to eat."

After a moment, he walked up to the nearest tree and shook it to see if any sort of fruit would fall out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 09:42:17 am »

Mathew took a look at the surroundings himself.

"I think you are right. I do wonder if there's a shop around here selling plants and saplings. Maybe I can find something interesting."

And Mathew started walking around the town looking for a shop selling plants.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 10:18:49 am »

Horatio was aghast.

HORATIO
  "Surely you two can't be serious? Wandering about, looking for trees and fruit in the middle of the night! We must be finding ourselves a place to stay 'til morning, it's dark out here. And indeed, it could rain again!" 
Horatio heads off towards the nearest house, knocking on the door and using all of his charm to convince the occupants to allow he and his fellows to stay the night.

"We won't be any trouble, none at all... Please?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 02:48:41 pm »

Brian looked around.

"Eh, I'm just going to walk around. Nothing better to do at this time of night, maybe I'll run into someone.

Start walking in a random direction.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 05:06:03 pm »

I like how you guys quote your speech icons. Anyway, update maybe tomorrow who knows. My arms hurt from driving for so long.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 08:00:13 pm »

Darn, I was hoping this would be in vein of the (In)famous Animal Crossing LP.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 2: BEES wot wot
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 08:57:36 pm »

Turn 2
2 AM, Tuesday, May 3rd

Quote from: Bdthemag
Start walking in a random direction.
Quote from: Yoink
Horatio heads off towards the nearest house, knocking on the door and using all of his charm to convince the occupants to allow he and his fellows to stay the night.
Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
After a moment, he walked up to the nearest tree and shook it to see if any sort of fruit would fall out.
Quote from: KineseN
And Mathew started walking around the town looking for a shop selling plants.

In just two hours past midnight, the rain was clear. Brian stretched a few times before taking a quick glance around. There were a lot of trees, as far as he could tell. He couldn't make out the details of anything on the ground. Buildings were sparse - but then, perhaps he just hadn't run into one yet.

"Eh, I'm just going to walk around. Nothing better to do at this time of night, maybe I'll run into someone," said the aforementioned Brian. He then proceeded to do exactly as he said. He walked around a few minutes before realizing how foolish strutting around in the dark was. But, as was bound to happen eventually, he did bump into something interesting. It definitely wasn't a person, because it felt less like skin and more like a cold, unforgiving mistress of a wall. He had walked into a house! There were no lights on inside, and there was no sign of residence. Hmm...

Nearby, Horatio practiced saying "wot wot" a few times to his two remaining acquaintances. But then, upon witnessing his not-friends walk off in random directions around him, he was aghast! What, precisely, were they doing rummaging around in trees at this time of night?

Horatio waved his hand, attempting to be snooty. "Surely you two can't be serious? Wandering about, looking for trees and fruit in the middle of the night! We must be finding ourselves a place to stay 'til morning, it's dark out here. And indeed, it could rain again!" He then wandered off in the direction of the nearest house he could see. When he arrived, he discovered it was quite a large house. There were lights on inside!

Richard made a disconcerted face. It seemed illogical that the Town Hall would be open 'til midnight! He looked around, but couldn't see much of anything. It was pretty dark, and the town was oddly low on illuminating street lights.

"I don't think the Town Hall will be open until morning. I'm going to go look for something to eat." Richard then headed off in the general direction of what he presumed, from a distance, to be a tree. Fortunately, he was right, and it was not some terrible tree-like villager or anything. Looking back to see if he could still see the silhouettes of his friends (he couldn't), he gave the tree a a good shake. Something fell out, and...

No.

Oh bestial diety NO.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Like the speediest servants of the devil that had ever lived an unfulfilling, hate-filled existence, BEES swarmed out of the downed beehive. Richard tried to resist, but they were too fast and too many. His screams of pain were drowned out by their screams of war. Had he listened closely, he might have believed he heard individual bees sounding commands. "Fire the beellistas." "Release the wasps." "Protect the queen." If there was a bee-based pun for agony, nightmare and anguish, it would be used to described poor Richard's pain.

After what seemed like the longest twelve point five seconds of Richard's life, the bees were all gone or dead. He would have cried, but men in cheap black suits don't cry except at the end of their date. He lied on the ground for a little while until he heard a sound. It sounded like a girl's voice - friendly, with a hint of taunting. The voice helped him to his feet. He could only see through one eye, but he made out... a white chipmunk-type person thing?

"Are you done being in pain yet?" The white chipmunk-type person thing probably could have waited until she introduced herself before being snarky. She tilted her head to the side before she continued. "My name's Becky. What's yours?"

Mathew was excited to finally be at his destination. He could do whatever he wanted! And what he wanted to do was buy plants. He trotted along to the nearest building he saw, hoping it would be a plant shop. Unfortunately, that did not seem that be the case. Instead, he found a very wide building that appeared to be some sort of manor. Just what was inside?

Player List
Spoiler: Brain/Bdthemag (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Horatio/Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mathew/KineseN (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:04:30 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 2: BEES wot wot
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 09:20:41 pm »

"OH JEGUS GOG NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! THEY'RE IN MY EYES! ARGLEBARGLEKILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR PRECIOUS HONEYARGLEBARGLE"

Rick hit the deck and curled into a ball, trying to keep his face and hands protected... but the bees just wouldn't stop! It felt like forever before they finally did, apparently taking their hive with them. He wouldn't even get any honey out of this ordeal! But then he heard and saw an angel - or at least what he thought was one, he could barely see.

"Are you done being in pain yet? My name's Becky. What's yours?"

the angel asked. Richard felt along his jaw and realized that he actually couldn't feel it at all! It was too swollen.

"Ri'rd. Uh, I m'n, Rick. C'l me Rick,"

he somehow managed despite his injuries.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6