Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to Cross Animals: DEAD  (Read 8469 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 2: BEES wot wot
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 04:02:10 am »

"I wonder if this is one of those famous haunted houses I've heard of? Nah, can't be."

Mathew knocked on the door. Maybe he could get a place to rest for the night. He did feel somewhat tired now that some of the excitement had ebbed away.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 1: Beginnings
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 03:03:20 pm »

Horatio neatened himself up, adjusted his monocle, cleared his throat and generally prepared himself before knocking on the door, already preparing his speech for the first person he saw:
HORATIO
"Ah, hello there! I most certainly hate to disturb you, but my three friends and I have found ourselves more-or-less stranded here in town, with no place arranged to stay! As your new neighbours-  Ah, did I mention, we've just moved to town- would it be too much bother to let us stay the night, on a spare bed or couch or floor or similiar? I hate to impose upon you at such short notice, but we shan't be any trouble! My name is Horatio, by the way, pleased to meet you." 
Horatio gave a winning smile and extended a hand towards the mystery inhabitant of the house.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 2: BEES wot wot
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 08:13:16 pm »

Brian walked over to the front door of the house and knocked on the door.

"Hellooooooo, anyone home?"
He waited to see if anyone answered.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 3: Meetings and Greetings
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 09:42:35 am »

I'm going to start doing turns in two-hour increments instead of one. The previous method is slow and boring. Unless you guys feel otherwise.

Anyway, today's Thanksgiving so it's no big deal if the game's a bit slow.

Turn 3
4 AM, Tuesday, May 3rd

The night was cool and humid. The rain had left small puddles across the grassy landscape. Brian, finding himself at the front of an apparently empty house, knocked on the door in a wholehearted attempt to attain shelter.

"Hellooooooo, anyone home?" He knocked once more, and waited to see if anyone was home. At first, he thought he had heard something rustling nearby, but it wasn't from inside the house. All at once, due to the building's apparent emptiness, Brian got the bright idea to go inside anyway! To his surprise, the door wasn't locked. He headed indoors.

It was really quite dark inside, making it difficult to make out anything at all. Brian could tell it was a small house. In a corner, there was something resembling a lamp on a table.

Horatio was a pro at winning new people over. He neatened himself up, adjusted his monocle, cleared his throat and otherwise prepared himself before knocking on the door. He knew not what lie in wait for him, but he was positive it wasn't anything he couldn't make friendly with!

"Ah, hello there! I most certainly hate to disturb you, but my three friends and I have found ourselves more-or-less stranded here in town, with no place arranged to stay! As your new neighbours-  Ah, did I mention, we've just moved to town- would it be too much bother to let us stay the night, on a spare bed or couch or floor or similiar? I hate to impose upon you at such short notice, but we shan't be any trouble! My name is Horatio, by the way, pleased to meet you." Horatio took a few deep breaths after making this speech. That was quite a tax on his vocal chords! He finally walked inside, and...

...found it was not a house at all.

Beyond the wooden doors was a large hall with various mail-preparing devices and areas scattered about. It appeared as though Horatio had found himself in the Town Hall. A pink pelican rested her arms and head on a desk in front of her. She didn't seem too impressed with Horatio's overbearing speech.

"Yeah, I'm Phyllis. Welcome to Mopeville. The most boring town on the planet." Phyllis cleared her throat suspiciously, and waved for Horatio to come over to her desk. "We were expecting you. There's a house waiting for you at... erm... A2. By the waterfall. I'll give you a map here in a moment. Now, if you'll just sign this paperwork... and make it quick..."

Richard, after he finished harbling his garble, cursed the bees as he dusted himself off. It was nice of this whoever it was to help him out! He vision cleared, but he was still stunned. The squirrel girl leaned forward a bit and repeated her question.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"What's your name, bucktooth?"

Richard winced at her with his one functional eye. "Difd... dif yoo 'al m' a buckt'th?"

The squirrel girl smiled and leaned back. "No, no, no, bucktooth! That's just a thing I say." She waved her legs around a little, apparently acting coy.

"Ri'rd. Uh, I m'n, Rick. C'l me Rick." He realized he was stuttering, and the inside of his cheeks had swollen a little. He thought about that for moment, horrified, and spat vigorously on the ground. Thankfully, there were no BEES in his mouth or throat.

"Hee hee! Richard is a boring name. It's pretty dark outside right now, you know?" She nudged her head in the direction of a building. "Why don't you come inside and warm up a bit?"

Richard was indecisive on the matter, but followed her to a house with its lights on anyway. The squirrel girl opened the front door and slipped inside. He did the same.

The house looked bigger on the inside than it did on the outside. Every surface, every sheet, every piece of furniture - it was all both large and colored glistening white. Richard had never seen a house this nice. Of course, he couldn't make out all the details without two proper eyes, but he was certain that the squirrel girl was very rich.

Speaking of the squirrel girl, she reached inside a large drawer and pulled out some comically large band-aids. Without even asking Richard, she crossed two over his bad eye and assured him they would help the swelling heal faster. She sat down on the front of her bed and stared at him.

Richard found the whole ordeal sort of awkward. He barely even knew the girl. Then, suddenly, he remembered to ask: "Whaf'th yor name?"

"I'm Becky. My parents were going to call me Bucky," said Becky, pointing to her two buckteeth. "But they decided that wasn't really an appropriate name for a girl, bucktooth."

Richard laughed. It was good to find someone friendly in town.

Knocking on the manor's door warily, Mathew's excitement was beginning to wear off. He was feeling somewhat tired. Maybe he could find a place to stay here? It was pretty large, so it had to have at least one spare bedroom.

"I wonder if this is one of those famous haunted houses I've heard of? Nah, can't be." Mathew didn't hear any answer from his door-knock, so, like Brian, he decided it wouldn't hurt to just take a peek inside. He opened the door to the manor and, to his surprise, found himself in a large, empty room containing nothing but more doorways and a sleeping owl! The owl was wearing a fancy tie.

This place reminded Mathew of some kind of institution like a library or museum. Through one of the doorways leading off from the entrance room he could smell coffee.

Player List
Spoiler: Brain/Bdthemag (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Horatio/Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mathew/KineseN (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:42:17 am by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 3: Meetings and Greetings
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 02:48:15 pm »

"That's a nice name, Becky."

Richard already did feel a bit better. He wasn't finding it so difficult to speak, anyway! Those were some good bandages.

"I just arrived here. What's Mopetown like?"

he asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2011, 04:32:10 pm »

HORATIO
Ah, alright... Um, yes. 
Horatio was mildly embarassed by having walked into completely the wrong place, although he was also a little confused as to how his well-crafted speech could have had so little effect. He went over to sign the papers and take the map.
I'm sure the place can't be too boring... I mean, after all, the bus seems to arrive at all hours of the day or night!
You must have a most exciting job, Phyllis, getting to meet and greet all new arrivals to the town! Such as myself.

Once he's signed and has the map, he shall bid a cheery goodbye to Phyllis, head out and go in the general direction of his house. If he sees any of the others he'll direct them towards the Post Office.
Booze is Life for Yoink

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 04:45:17 pm »

Quote from: Mathew
"Um, excuse me?"

Mathew didn't know if talking to owls were something a sane man should do, but then again a talking turtle had been driving the taxi.

"Hi. My name is Mathew Fan and I was wondering what this building is. It has that sort of feel of secrets and knowledge."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2011, 09:38:04 am »

Bdthemag, get back in here so we can run another turn or I'll auto you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 4: Power Troubles
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 11:30:29 am »

Autoing Brian for the turn. Ya snooze ya lose.

Turn 4
6 AM, Tuesday, May 3rd

Quote from: Brian (autoed)
Brian decided to turn the lights on to get a good look around.
Quote from: Horatio
Once he's signed and has the map, he shall bid a cheery goodbye to Phyllis, head out and go in the general direction of his house. If he sees any of the others he'll direct them towards the Post Office.
Quote from: Richard
"I just arrived here. What's Mopetown like?" he asked.
"Hi. My name is Mathew Fan and I was wondering what this building is. It has that sort of feel of secrets and knowledge."

Spoiler: Player locations (click to show/hide)

The house Brian had ventured into was cold and dark. He rubbed his hands together to warm up. Why was it so cold in May of all months? He had spotted a lamp sort of object previously, so he walked over and fiddled around with it a bit. To his surprise, it turned on quite easily, lighting up the area and making it a bit warmer! Additionally, a moth flew out of the lamp. Brian caught it with his bare hands.

Upon examining his surroundings, he realized he was in a small, empty living room. A radio was placed in the other corner of the house, next to a set of stairs. There didn't seem to be much else to do, so Brian shrugged and walked outside. It was finally sunrise. Animals were coming to and from their houses and other buildings. Nearby, Horatio was walking around, fiddling with a paper map. Brian walked up to him and asked where he got that.

"Oh, top o' the mornin', Brian! I just came from the Town Hall, which, to my surprise, was open at night! You might want to head there soon," said Horatio, tilting his head in the general direction of the Town Hall. "If you want to know where your assigned dream-home is, they'll tell you! Oh, I can't wait to see the spectacular furnishings my house came decorated with!" Brian didn't believe that they had assigned homes. Especially since no one knew they were coming. Horatio must have been mistaken.

Horatio then walked off in the direction of his house. Brian just stood there, confused. A voice called out to him from just a foot away.

"Hey. You."

"What? Who?" Brian spun around, startled.

A brown raccoon leaned against a tree. "That house you were in. Cozy. Warm. Feels like home. Pre-furnished, too. You like it?"

A few minutes earlier, Horatio was finishing off signing a bunch of forms and papers. He had not actually read over them carefully, since Phyllis' world-ending glare made him feel under pressure!

"Ah, alright... Um, yes," said Horatio, who then signed the last form, and handed it back to Phyllis, who looked over it quickly and then threw it in a random direction behind her. She attempted a half-hearted smile and gave him a map of the town!

((Horatio has gained a Town Map, which is now shown, along with the associated legend, in the first post. Anyone with a Town Map can specify which grid square to travel to once per turn, along with their other actions. Additionally, everyone's grid location will be noted at the top of the post.))

"I'm sure the place can't be too boring... I mean, after all, the bus seems to arrive at all hours of the day or night! You must have a most exciting job, Phyllis, getting to meet and greet all new arrivals to the town! Such as myself." Horatio clasped his hands together and awaited a response. Phyllis merely slapped her right wing onto her face, but he thought he could see a hint of happiness. She told him her shift was over, and headed to the back of the building as a white pelican took over her spot.

A few minutes later, Horatio was traveling to A2. How exciting! His own house! Oh, he was sure it was going to be grand. On the way there, he passed by Brain, and directed the fellow to the Town Hall before continuing onward. In nearly no time at all, our monocled friend found himself at the doorstep of a small, red-roofed house! Exquisite.

Richard lie back on Becky's comfortable, probably very expensive bed. After the long drive, plus wandering around town for a few hours, and all the preparation he had undergone pre-travel, he was very tired.

"That's a nice name, Becky." He sat up again.

"Oh, thanks! I'm preparing to go fishing. You're free to join me if you want!" Becky looked his way.

"Uh... I don't have a fishing rod. Anyway, I just arrived here. What's Mopetown like?"

To Richard's surprise, Becky pulled out a second fishing rod out of her cabinets and handed it to him. How generous! "Yeah, I kind of guessed you were new. You don't look like any of us, after all. Mopetown is... well, it's pleasant. We've been having some problems lately with the-"

Suddenly, the lights in Becky's house went off. Richard heard her sigh mid-sentence.

"-power grid. No one knows what's causing it..." Her voice trailed off, as if she was lost in thought. "I guess we should probably head outside, huh? No reason to wait around in the dark. The power will probably be back up soon, anyway."

Mathew walked up to the sleeping owl. He tapped his foot a few times on the ground to see if he was able to wake him up. Unfortunately, his efforts were in vain. He would have to try a different method!

"Hi, my name is-" Upon speaking the first words of his sentence, the nicely-dressed owl woke up with a shock!

"Hoo! Hoo hoo! Erm... oh, I'm quite dreadfully sorry. I do tend to doze off quite a bit! I say, I don't recognize you, lad. What's your name, wot wot?" The owl straightened himself up and put his hands behind his back.

Mathew rolled his eyes and tried again. "Hi, my name is Mathew Fan. I was wondering where I am, and what this building is. It has this feel of... secrets and knowledge, you know?"

The owl's face brightened. "My good sir, this is the Mopeville museum! We catalogue a wide variety of species, both dead and alive! You must be new in town. My name is Blathers, and I'm the museum's curator. Down the hall and to the left is my sister Celeste's cafe. Feel free to examine our admittedly limited collection of fossils, fish, bugs and paintings. And... if you do end up finding any of these three things, we at the Mopeville museum would be forever indebted to you, were you to graciously donate them!"

Mathew searched his pockets, but found nothing of the sort. Oh well. At least Mopeville had something interesting to do!

Player List
Spoiler: Brain/Bdthemag (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Horatio/Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mathew/KineseN (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:27:15 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Cross Animals: Turn 4: Power Troubles
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 01:05:18 pm »

"Thanks for the pole! It's generous of you,"

Richard said, feeling pleased. He would have brought his own along on the trip, but it broke the day he left and he didn't have the time - or money, for that matter - to buy a new one.

"I'd love to go fishing with you. Where's the best place?"

he asked, quite happy with making a new friend already. He was ready to go fishing!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2011, 03:41:26 pm »

"Well, it's nice but pretty small. I'm not really picky though, and compared to other places i've lived in it's nice."
Get +1 House.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:47:22 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2011, 03:43:52 pm »

Bd you do realize Nook is talking to you right.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2011, 03:44:35 pm »

Bd you do realize Nook is talking to you right.
DISREGARD EVERYTHING I EVER SAY.

Damnit, I need more coffee.
Welcome to Reality.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2011, 05:02:40 pm »

Mathew thanked Blathers and assured the owl that he would visit Celeste's cafe. Only he wouldn't do that right away. Looking out he could see the first sun rays for the day and decided to walk to the Town Hall.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2011, 12:56:30 pm »

HORATIO
How lovely! My, a red roof, my favourite colour! Well, no sense dilly-dallying now, is there? 
Horatio shall, with high expectations and a sense of excitement in his heart, let himself in and take a look around the house!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6