Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 663606 times)

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-2
« Reply #1155 on: October 07, 2012, 11:51:06 pm »

Awesome this things back!
It's alive, IT'S ALIVE! MHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though, do mention that you can prove it, choose something small and relatively harmless ( say, raising a bug or a fish), tell him what you are going to do, and then do it. Don't simply spring the demonstration on him.
This.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-3
« Reply #1156 on: October 07, 2012, 11:56:55 pm »

Seriously though, do mention that you can prove it, choose something small and relatively harmless ( say, raising a bug or a fish), tell him what you are going to do, and then do it. Don't simply spring the demonstration on him.
this but prepare to run if he looks like he might get violent but he also might faint so prepare for that too
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 08, 2012, 12:07:49 am »

Glad to see this back!

Make sure that he remains calm throughout the demonstration, cause if he panicks, that would be really bad. Make sure he knows that you're not evil or have any intention of going on a rampage or doing any of the traditional necromancer stuff that gives them a bad reputation, like making armies of zombies and stuff.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 08, 2012, 12:16:42 am »

Nym, gesture vaguely towards the thread to indicate your necromancy powers at work.

Good to have you back, Monk.

More seriously - can his sight allow him to see some of our "not-immediately-mark-us-as-necromancer" abilities? Most of the humans don't have magic sight, but we could still see necromancy objects with it, right?

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 08, 2012, 12:48:23 am »

Glad to see this back!

Make sure that he remains calm throughout the demonstration, cause if he panicks, that would be really bad. Make sure he knows that you're not evil or have any intention of going on a rampage or doing any of the traditional necromancer stuff that gives them a bad reputation, like making armies of zombies and stuff.
Yeah, he does have training in fighting after all, and you have none.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 08, 2012, 02:47:57 am »

And make sure you tell him you want to keep him close, just in case. At best, he can keep you on the straight and narrow... at worst, he can make sure you're no longer a threat. We do need to face the possibility that we might someday go mad (and it might help his confidence in us).

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 08, 2012, 04:48:04 am »

Yay ! An update !

Also this :

And like everyone said, let's make sure he's calm and be ready to run for the hills or something.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 08, 2012, 10:08:08 am »

I cherish this, my first post in epic thread (bread?).  We don't have to create a zombie in front of him, we can make this much simpler.  Suck the vitality from the grass around us a then put the vitality in a rock or something.  The eldritch glowing of the rock and the dead grass should be proof enough.  It should also show we are more thoughtful than some zombie raising machine.  Again warn him as to what we are about to do, before doing anything.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 08, 2012, 11:37:21 am »

I cherish this, my first post in epic thread (bread?).  We don't have to create a zombie in front of him, we can make this much simpler.  Suck the vitality from the grass around us a then put the vitality in a rock or something.  The eldritch glowing of the rock and the dead grass should be proof enough.  It should also show we are more thoughtful than some zombie raising machine.  Again warn him as to what we are about to do, before doing anything.
No,
Elves hate it when you hurt plants or something. And a patch of brown grass is pretty evil looking,not?
But i like the idee of not making a zombie. Can't make a golem of sticks (dead wood) and a pit of rope (or something else)?

And: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJJJJ it's alive!!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:39:20 am by Child of Armok »

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 08, 2012, 11:39:14 am »

Besides, draining life force is not that obvious as a form of necromancy. Raising a zombie on the other hand is very obviously so. Zombie Fish or Zombie Bug is probably better if you are looking to make a demonstration. Otherwise I would have recommended just animating a piece of rope or something.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 08, 2012, 11:51:07 am »

See reference to being more thoughtful than a zombie raising machine, and I think Omo will understand a bit of dead grass in order to show our point.  The eldritch glowing of the rock will more than prove what we say.  Also I do agree to telling Omo we need his help to keep us on the right path, from falling, or at the very least, to put us down if we cross that line.  As our friend, we would be honored to have him be our watcher.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 08, 2012, 01:20:05 pm »

We should probably animate a golem or a zombie - the glowing rock, while cool, is not really a trademark sign of necromancy like those two things are, and I think we have to make it as clear as possible. (Plus Omo imagines necromancers to be super villains with pointy armor and glowing skulls, so let's give him something cliché that he can cling at - he'll have to accept that we are a necromancer despite the fact that we're nice).

A zombie might be a bit much, but we will experiment on zombies eventually, so I think it's better to show it right away rather than try to push things gradually. It might give a bad impression, since, if we introduce bit by bit the more "morally ambiguous" spells, he might wonder where will we effectively stop.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 08, 2012, 01:27:54 pm »

I definitely recomend the "zombie bug" demonstration.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 08, 2012, 06:55:12 pm »

Doing my daily rounds, checking all those forum games that have died for a while, when I suddenly see what looks like a new page! But wait, surely my history got deleted somehow right? NOPE.JPG
So glad this is back, although I fully endorse this plan -

This isn't something quite as frightening as killing an area of wildlife around you, but shows that we definitively are a necromancer. Also, definitely be sure to show that it's still you. Yes, you are a necromancer, but that doesn't mean you are a mass murdering machine. That's just about all I can think of for now.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 08, 2012, 09:06:11 pm »

Really, I don't think it will be necessary to provide proof, it isn't exactly something that we are likely to lie about. And if proof is necessary, try to prove it without killing anything that wasn't going to die anyway. Better to kill and animate your dinner than to kill and animate some random bystander...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 155