Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656548 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-12
« Reply #1410 on: December 20, 2012, 10:15:06 pm »

Agreed. Play it safe. Inform Omo. Don't make waves or tell the priest. We do need to identify it, but it's possible that whatever it is might have been there for centuries, and the priests might not know about it. If it's some ancient zombified whatever that was buried after a battle then the temple built on top of it...it might be best to leave it buried.

When we have a discrete moment, use our necromantic sight to view through the eyes of whatever it is that's down there. Try to identify both it and its surroundings.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 20, 2012, 11:52:05 pm »

Theory: The necromancy energy is actually the so-called "wards".

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1412 on: December 21, 2012, 01:54:33 am »

Theory - it's something related to the forest.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 21, 2012, 03:24:07 am »

Theory - relic taken from a defeated necromancer
I really hope it's this
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 21, 2012, 03:43:47 am »

The plot thickens! Well, now this is interesting. Watch and wait, watch everything, the priest, the temple, the necromantic source, see what he does with the girl, and when possible, bring Omo in on this little secret. When you're outside the temple, of course.

+1
+1 again.

+1.

Watch over the kids too, it would be a shame to see them die in the hands of an evil double agent or something, after all the trouble we had bringing them here. We can say we're worried about them.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-11
« Reply #1415 on: December 21, 2012, 08:12:14 am »

It bears a striking resemblance to the forest...

Omo should have seen it, so it was probably invisible, and may well be beyond the scope of nonmagical combat...

Look for a place that you can run to where you can steal vitality without the priest seeing you do it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 21, 2012, 09:16:47 am »

I think passing ourself off as an elf that's been trained to hunt and destroy necromancy would be exceptionally useful in cases like this - IF it comes to that, of course.

For now, keeping in on the download is definitely the thing to do. And yeah, keep an eye on the kids - once the priest leaves, we can pass Omo a note.

I'm glad we saved our mana instead of using it in the forest.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 21, 2012, 10:38:49 am »

Yeah, let's watch the kids and the priest for now. We want to be near in case he needs help or to question us about what we know from there. Also, this seems a good opportunity to learn a few more spells out of that prestidigitation spell book. That and rest. Can we have a list of what spells the book have?

An option for the temple might be sending an undead roach or small rat down there while controlling it to check with its eyes instead of going down there. It's a bit of a risk in case anyone here can detect necromantic energy, but even if they can, it does not tell that we are those necromancers. Unless the necromancer is the priest himself, and he sees it, deducing there is a new necromancer around and since we are the new comers...

Anyway, the controlled undead animal might also be a useful idea to explore the forest and in the future. Do we keep our necromantic senses with the undead's eyes? And we need to check if we have limited range with it.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 21, 2012, 02:41:11 pm »

So, odds are something we can use is located directly in the center of the area where several other people are sleeping, and in plain sight of the priest almost all the time.

The options I see are.
1. Try to convert the priest to our cause, risky, but might be damned helpful as the entire town seems to listen to him.
2. Try to recover this object stealthily, safer but possibly difficult in its own right.
3. Question the priest if any artifacts of necromantic power have ever been foretold to be in the area, explaining that you're hoping to learn something that can help you combat the necromancers abroad, if this works out well, refer to option 1.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 21, 2012, 02:44:34 pm »

Second option of those.

While I don't think the priest is actively working for the enemy, he's not our friend, and I don't see that changing any time soon.  Working around him is probably our best bet- I doubt we can work with him and we'll piss off the village if we try to go through him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 21, 2012, 08:33:13 pm »

I have yet to see a convincing argument that the necromantic energy source is something that we wish to come into direct contact with. At least wait to see if it charges at folk and sucks out their vitality, felling them mid-stride...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1421 on: December 21, 2012, 09:34:31 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I still think it's a monster...

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 22, 2012, 12:48:09 am »

Too hard to tell. It might be an artefact, like the one we saw before, that's been forgotten here. OR it might be something planted there by necromancer allies to help foil the wards. Remember how the wards didn't seem to work when we entered the village? This might be the reason why...

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 22, 2012, 04:03:59 am »

Too hard to tell. It might be an artefact, like the one we saw before, that's been forgotten here. OR it might be something planted there by necromancer allies to help foil the wards. Remember how the wards didn't seem to work when we entered the village? This might be the reason why...
In that case we should probably question the safety of removing it...

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 23, 2012, 09:04:28 pm »

On an unrelated note. My healing theory was correct.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 155