Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 663775 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-23 (Updated 21st September)
« Reply #1890 on: March 02, 2015, 06:23:09 pm »

While I am still hopeful due to the fact that monk has not yet pronounced this dead, I do not think pages upon pages of bumps help anyone. Especially not anyone reading this in the future, assuming monk starts writing again. The only positive thing one could attribute to bumping is bringing it back to the front page and getting it more readers. It would be much more constructive if you at least did something other than simply say bump, something related to the story. Speculate about the future. Discuss possible actions. Discuss ideas for experiments or cool golems or cool uses of magic. Try to use clues to decipher things. Say which character (other than main, unless you dislike her for some reason) you like and why. Post low (or high, if you have the skills for it) quality drawings. Write a thesis on the discrimination against necromancers. Write a satirical poem about the swallowing of undead fish-cameras for medical reasons that hides a deeper meaning. Write an epic poem about the main character's exile. Write horrible fanfics. Something.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-23 (Updated 21st September)
« Reply #1891 on: March 06, 2015, 03:06:40 pm »

You know, were not the subject of the thread, people would really complain about the necroing. :P When (I refuse to use if for this :P ) the quest returns, I wonder if we will have gained mastery in animating woven fibers, that is, threads... :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Rebooted
« Reply #1892 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:03 am »

Alright, I think it's time to throw in the towel. I've had a lot of fun with this, first as a game conceptualization and then as an avenue to practice my creative writing skills, but I think I have to admit that I'm never going to get any better than I am, and if there's no way for me to take it to the next level then there's no point in plodding along. I think that's why I stopped, I just knew that this is the limit of how good it's possible for me to do. You are Necromancer is dead... in this incarnation anyway.

See, I've always wanted to do an ISG, and I figure I've already got the hard stuff like rules and a setting in place here, so maybe I could reboot the story to help me develop as an artist. I know my art is going to be pretty rough to start out with, like how my writing was way back when, but I think if I tough it out and put some effort in then I can get better. Maybe not as good as freeformschooler or Solifuge or anyone with real talent like that, but self-improvement is the name of the game, right?

So yeah.

You are Faile, a young unattached elven maiden who has recently manifested Necromantic powers. You see here a zombie fish, some ants, a pool of water, and some trees. You can use your spell and your inventory to solve puzzles and navigate the world. You can unlock new spells by finding spellbooks hidden in the environment, so check everywhere!

What do you do?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: April 01, 2015, 11:15:17 am »

LETS RIP OPEN OUR STOMACH AND LOOK FOR A SPELL BOOK!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1894 on: April 01, 2015, 11:18:37 am »

What time of day is it? Are there people around that could see our Faile?

Also, the current date is probably very important. Is it Spring?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: April 01, 2015, 11:29:38 am »

Eat the zombie fish.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: April 01, 2015, 11:35:52 am »

What time of day is it? Are there people around that could see our Faile?

Also, the current date is probably very important. Is it Spring?

You are alone except for the fish. Yes, it's spring, can't you tell?

LETS RIP OPEN OUR STOMACH AND LOOK FOR A SPELL BOOK!

Your stomach proves difficult to open but you check for a Spellbook anyway. Nope, nothing.

You eat the zombie fish. Your Hunger stat goes up. Your Inventory stat goes down.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: April 01, 2015, 02:25:14 pm »

(Not as much of a connection to the character as there used to be. I've always seen images in ISG's as visual assistants rather then tellall for environment and emotions and similar.))

Investigate white stuff on ground.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: April 01, 2015, 02:58:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

>Try to find the ants' colony so you can raise a zombie ant army with you as their zombie ant queen!
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: April 01, 2015, 03:19:52 pm »

(Not as much of a connection to the character as there used to be. I've always seen images in ISG's as visual assistants rather then tellall for environment and emotions and similar.))

Investigate white stuff on ground.

That (Those?) is (are?) merely the remains of the undead fish (fishes?) you have consumed.

>Try to find the ants' colony so you can raise a zombie ant army with you as their zombie ant queen!

The ants are easy to zombify as they are so small and unimportant as to be lifeless anyway- you easily take the place of their queen!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: April 01, 2015, 03:36:18 pm »

Have ants cut down tree.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: April 01, 2015, 05:16:22 pm »

Follow the stream, but do not cross it...

P.S.
 So sad that it's gone, so happy that it's back, so conflicted...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 01, 2015, 05:39:51 pm »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 01, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »

I agree. I read through the entire thing before, and I personally prefer how the game was treated before. Don't take this as an insult, just my opinion.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: April 01, 2015, 06:11:51 pm »

Have ants cut down tree.

Your ants destroy the tree handily, creating an easy escape from your current pool.

Follow the stream, but do not cross it...

P.S.
 So sad that it's gone, so happy that it's back, so conflicted...

You cross the stream, finding the cliffs that bound Yicelafo. Suddenly, your Necromantic senses begin to tingle! Something is written on the wall!

You get the sudden, inexplicable sense that the Creator is a massive jerk. Wait, no, it's an entirely explicable sense. You do not need to look at the calendar- you know what it says.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 155