Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 662562 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-33
« Reply #2130 on: October 02, 2015, 05:29:18 pm »

Aye, I got that eventually, so I edited my post :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2131 on: October 02, 2015, 05:53:27 pm »

Also remember, Moark's name keeps changing. It's been Morak, Morka, Mokar, Marko, etc. Fale is obviously trying to con us. I say we stall for a while and try to pump him for any useful information, and keep listening for that voice. It said he could not keep us from it forever. That suggests it'll show up on it's own. If that fails, we can try and contact it directly, I guess?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 02, 2015, 06:01:57 pm »

Refuse the offer.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 02, 2015, 11:12:41 pm »

So if Mork is talking to Fale then I guess that it must be Gork that is talking to us. So all we need to do its to avoid the shrooms...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 03, 2015, 12:18:16 am »

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 03, 2015, 01:49:30 am »

Pretend to accept the offer, but do not let yourself be taken control of. Probe for information where possible and if worst comes to worst, try not to die.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 03, 2015, 02:56:41 am »

"I just cannot accept a deity that I know so little of, you haven't even been consistent with its name."
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 03, 2015, 10:43:29 am »

Nah, we shouldn't just say we know he's been inconsistent, but we should use the other names he's used.

Bonus points if we go "So tell me about Morak!" "Well, Moark is (x)" "Aaahh, so why should I follow Murky?" and so forth. Mocking him and teasing him. :V
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 03, 2015, 04:35:35 pm »

Definitely refuse the offer, but make it seem like we still consider it a 'maybe later' option.  Also, don't say any variant of M's name--I've got a feeling this god's relatively easy to invoke.

Pretend to accept the offer, but do not let yourself be taken control of. Probe for information where possible and if worst comes to worst, try not to die.

Veto.  I bet this 'accepting M's help' is what caused so many Necromancers in the past to go on conquering sprees.  If so many have been overpowered before, it's unwise to think we're the one who'll resist it.  I don't think just pretending to accept would let the god take us over, but there's no reason to risk it.  I do think we should act like we consider it an option, so that they don't decide we're a lost cause, but we shouldn't accept the control either.  We should just string them along and try to get more out of this relationship than we give.

"I just cannot accept a deity that I know so little of, you haven't even been consistent with its name."
+1.  Questions without question marks are always good in situations like this.

Nah, we shouldn't just say we know he's been inconsistent, but we should use the other names he's used.

Bonus points if we go "So tell me about Morak!" "Well, Moark is (x)" "Aaahh, so why should I follow Murky?" and so forth. Mocking him and teasing him. :V
Let's not taunt an avatar of the death god, even if it does leave itself so open to mocking.

So if Mork is talking to Fale then I guess that it must be Gork that is talking to us. So all we need to do its to avoid the shrooms...

Nah, it's Mindy speaking to us.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 07, 2015, 06:17:58 pm »

+1. Perhaps outright taunting isn't the way to go, but we definitely need to call him out on this one. If he's trying to pull one over on us he's not doing a very good job of it. Or maybe he's avoiding saying Mothra's actual name for whatever reason.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: October 07, 2015, 10:54:07 pm »

It would be good to know who it is that's giving those invisible hints. Another Necromancy god or something else? We definitely need someone else's help to restore Omo's soul.

+1 Don't join M.
But this is a great opportunity to get more information about Necromancy gods. I highly doubt M is the only one. Remember the Golgothans worshiped a god with a different name. If we first ask how we'd contact Fale's god (and what we should expect) and then ask about other necromancy gods (we can even bring up the golgothan one. I have to archive dive first to find his name) we might have an idea of how to contact them. Maybe we'd be able to find help for Omo from someone less bloodthirsty.

(There has to be a less bloodthirsty Necromancy god. The Golgothans existed in coexistence with everyone else for a while before the war, and necromancy is inherently ethically neutral)

By the way, it seems we now have an idea what Fale does with the souls he harvests. He said they can be transplanted to other constructs and controlled to create more useful servants.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2141 on: October 07, 2015, 11:19:26 pm »

Yeah, good idea. Say something like "Suppose I joined your god. And I'm not saying I will. But suppose I did. How would that happen? Would I need to do a ritual or a sacrifice or something? And how exactly would I contact him for advice? What kind of benefits does joining you provide beyond 'knowing more necromancy and having divine help'?" That way we can learn more about any potential weaknesses this bond might have.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: October 08, 2015, 01:12:14 am »

And if you rely upon your god for everything, don't your own skills wear down with time? Speaking of, it seems that you would be lonely here, with so few necromancers in the world... What would it mean if I had found evidence that Balkoth's power were still entering the world...
Read the First Post!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 08, 2015, 08:48:24 am »

Off the cuff, but what if M is a parasite deity that's taken the place of the real Necromancy god, twisting necromancy into something evil, and it's the real god who's trying to contact us with those invisible text messages?

Sscral

• Bay Watcher
  • привет
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 09, 2015, 04:48:11 pm »

Off the cuff, but what if M is a parasite deity that's taken the place of the real Necromancy god, twisting necromancy into something evil, and it's the real god who's trying to contact us with those invisible text messages?

Ah, but what if the mysterious voice is the evil psychotic Necromancy god(Or nightroar) and M is an all around nice guy that loves undead puppies and kittens?
A three year old just made an artifact doll from the skull of his dead kitten. I can only assume the mind control lasted past death.
"Look, mommy!  Now I can play with Mister Fluffles forever!"
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 155