Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 661414 times)

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #2265 on: February 12, 2016, 02:29:12 pm »

That's something we can ask Eko about. Or maybe not, if he thinks we're a life mage...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: February 12, 2016, 03:35:41 pm »

That sounds like an excellent question for Fale though. I suspect the answer will be "with the assistance of Mothra. Hint. Hint." but it's still worth asking. For our immediate action,

Wait, never mind that, I got it!

Eko thinks we are a life mage, correct? Say we felt another presence inside the golem, controlling it remotely and that we think finding it might be the only way to help Omo. Maybe say it's because necromancy and life magic are similar, since they both use vitality, so we could sense the necromancer's vitality manipulation. If he buys it, we can just start going towards where the golem was going. Edit: No need to tell him exactly why we think it would help, just that it might. It's not a lie that we are desperate and that we don't know what might happen there.

But here's the good part. We can take Omo with us physically by carrying him. But we can take his soul by sneaking the golem to us. Remember how those organs in the golem allow us to sense it remotely? And remember how the curse could cast magic on it without being physically present? We can try something similar. Take control of the golem, dispel the sanctuary and then, when we're far enough, say we need to stop to rest or think or meditate or whatever and remotely repair the golem, giving it a leg and eyes. Then we can have it follow us without Eko knowing.

This one seems our best option. +1.

I still support this one.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: February 13, 2016, 02:30:50 pm »

Didn't we destroy the golem's organs? I can't quite remember. If we did, we'll have to repair them first. Not sure how much time it'll take to figure that out. We could study it while the sanctuary wears off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2268 on: February 13, 2016, 06:32:45 pm »

Didn't we destroy the golem's organs? I can't quite remember. If we did, we'll have to repair them first. Not sure how much time it'll take to figure that out. We could study it while the sanctuary wears off.
Yeah, you're right. We impaired its eyes and one of its legs. My suggestion is to use alter golem to repair the damage we caused while using command undead and the ability to remotely control and alter the construct to do so without Eko realising we did it. After all, the curse was able to manipulate the construct remotely too... Although now that I think about it, I think I have a better idea.

Tell Eko to go gather our things from the camp. Even if we don't know what we're going to do, we know that whether we leave or stay here, we're going to need our supplies. So it's better to do something than do nothing. Tell him we'll stay to look after Omo and try some more things. That will give us an excuse to stay with him alone and an excuse for not having all of our MP.

Now, when we're sure he's gone, we need to use Alter golem to repair the construct's eyes and leg, hopefully making it mobile again. Then we cast command undead to it and use those necromantic distance sensing things it has in it to maintain remote control over it. We should leave it playing dead so that Eko doesn't suspect anything.

We can also do some experiments during that time if anyone has any good suggestions, but I think it would be better if we just saved our MP for later.

Then comes the hard part. We need to convince Eko that following the presence we felt in the golem is a good idea and we need to either stall long enough for the sanctuary to wear off or convince Eko to  dispel it. For stalling, we could do some useful things like build some sort of stretcher for Omo (maybe add some blankets to keep him comfortable) or search for some extra food. I also bet convincing Eko that we're desperate enough to go after the presence we felt in the golem and that that presence might be our hope for helping Omo and finding the other missing souls might take some time. Maybe we could also talk about how battles between magic users usually work. If we can't stall for that long, then we can probably tell him that we think it would be better to dispel the sanctuary because we think there might be some  necromantic spell in Omo that's helping keep him alive, maybe a way to slow down the troops it was meant to intimidate by making them take care of those without a soul for longer.

If we manage to do all that without complications, then the plan is to go towards where the golem was going, using the image in it and any tracks we can find to help us find the tree, while the golem tries to silently follow us from a safe distance through the magic of remote control.

An alternate plan would be for us to say that the golem got repaired on its own while he was away and that we want to follow it to wherever it's going to find the other lost souls and whoever it's controlling it, but that sounds much less likely to convince him. Not to mention that Eko might get suspicious when the golem starts having trouble "remembering" where it should go.

As always, if you have a better idea or anything at all to add, do speak up. I'm just one man, there might be something I'm forgetting or my plan might have something stupid in it I'm failing to see.

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: February 13, 2016, 08:35:54 pm »

Also try praying to friend, both inside and outside the sanctuary.
Also ask Eko about deities and prayer.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: February 18, 2016, 07:45:40 pm »

Yeah, you're right. We impaired its eyes and one of its legs. My suggestion is to use alter golem to repair the damage we caused while using command undead and the ability to remotely control and alter the construct to do so without Eko realising we did it. After all, the curse was able to manipulate the construct remotely too... Although now that I think about it, I think I have a better idea.

Tell Eko to go gather our things from the camp. Even if we don't know what we're going to do, we know that whether we leave or stay here, we're going to need our supplies. So it's better to do something than do nothing. Tell him we'll stay to look after Omo and try some more things. That will give us an excuse to stay with him alone and an excuse for not having all of our MP.

Now, when we're sure he's gone, we need to use Alter golem to repair the construct's eyes and leg, hopefully making it mobile again. Then we cast command undead to it and use those necromantic distance sensing things it has in it to maintain remote control over it. We should leave it playing dead so that Eko doesn't suspect anything.

We can also do some experiments during that time if anyone has any good suggestions, but I think it would be better if we just saved our MP for later.

Then comes the hard part. We need to convince Eko that following the presence we felt in the golem is a good idea and we need to either stall long enough for the sanctuary to wear off or convince Eko to  dispel it. For stalling, we could do some useful things like build some sort of stretcher for Omo (maybe add some blankets to keep him comfortable) or search for some extra food. I also bet convincing Eko that we're desperate enough to go after the presence we felt in the golem and that that presence might be our hope for helping Omo and finding the other missing souls might take some time. Maybe we could also talk about how battles between magic users usually work. If we can't stall for that long, then we can probably tell him that we think it would be better to dispel the sanctuary because we think there might be some  necromantic spell in Omo that's helping keep him alive, maybe a way to slow down the troops it was meant to intimidate by making them take care of those without a soul for longer.

If we manage to do all that without complications, then the plan is to go towards where the golem was going, using the image in it and any tracks we can find to help us find the tree, while the golem tries to silently follow us from a safe distance through the magic of remote control.

An alternate plan would be for us to say that the golem got repaired on its own while he was away and that we want to follow it to wherever it's going to find the other lost souls and whoever it's controlling it, but that sounds much less likely to convince him. Not to mention that Eko might get suspicious when the golem starts having trouble "remembering" where it should go.

As always, if you have a better idea or anything at all to add, do speak up. I'm just one man, there might be something I'm forgetting or my plan might have something stupid in it I'm failing to see.

+1

In order to convince Eko to lower the sanctuary, I suggest that we say there's likely to be more monsters.  Then, we say we could cast a sort of trap on this disabled monster, and if the sanctuary is dispelled (to allow detection), other monsters might come seeking this one.  Our trap would disable them.

This works as an alternative excuse why we have reduced mana, and would work as a very good excuse why we're casting on the construct if he catches us doing so.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: February 18, 2016, 09:42:58 pm »

And would put us rightsquare in the middle of lying to cover ourselves in such a way as to put Eko at risk. If we say that there is some sort of defence, then there really ought to be one...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 19, 2016, 05:56:30 pm »

Is this dead? I don't really know, being new here, but I read this and it was really good so it stinks if it is.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 19, 2016, 10:25:53 pm »

Is this dead? I don't really know, being new here, but I read this and it was really good so it stinks if it is.
No it's not dead, Monk just takes awhile. Besides if it's dead Monk would probably tell us.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: April 20, 2016, 04:51:46 am »

Ugh, I woke up the morning after April first, and the first thing I thought was "If only I had bumped You are a Necromancer!"...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 20, 2016, 06:46:48 am »

Okay, thanks.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2276 on: April 20, 2016, 09:22:16 am »

Ugh, I woke up the morning after April first, and the first thing I thought was "If only I had bumped You are a Necromancer!"...
You monster.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: April 20, 2016, 04:43:51 pm »

I was actually thinking about the Fool's prank that Monk played last year, but yes, "surprise! there is no update!" would have been quite monstrous.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: July 20, 2016, 12:17:33 pm »

(Not very) sorry about the necromancy, and I haven't actually read this whole thing yet, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this:
[color=transparent][i]M is false[/i][/color]
also PTW

Edit: Derp, obviously you have. So this is actually just a PTW on a temporally dead thread, providing absolutely no value whatsoever! You are welcome.

Editedit: And now I'm going to ruin the above edit by adding something of actual value actually. A suggestion!

You might think I'm crazy, but I think now is the time to come clean to Eko, entirely. As in, tell him the whole story, up until now. It's risky, sure, but we won't be able to get much more help from him until he understands, and misleading him farther is dangerous.

If that somehow works perfectly, I'm for repairing the golem's leg and going to see the Curse. Getting the construct to carry Omo on it's back if possible.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:31:02 pm by Egan_BW »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 02, 2016, 10:30:14 pm »

It seems like this story is dead, though I agree with your idea. Monk12 doesn't seem to be updating it anymore sadly enough, even though it is a really good story. Anyone asked Monk by the way?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:33:07 pm by Kamani »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 155