Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 664343 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #2280 on: August 02, 2016, 11:02:33 pm »

Pretty sure it's survived hiatus longer than this before.
Simply be patient, my friend.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: August 03, 2016, 02:57:04 am »

It has survived rather long hiatuses in the past, but I don't see the odd bump being inappropriate. It can be easy for old projects to fall from one's consciousness...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 03, 2016, 12:47:26 pm »

Okay.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: August 03, 2016, 02:45:55 pm »

With that in mind...
BUMP

Monk pls update this again. Would make very happy.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: August 03, 2016, 03:23:21 pm »

Likewise. This game is in a league all it's own.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: August 03, 2016, 06:35:31 pm »

Don't blame me if you're only noticing now. I bumped this 14 days ago, Kamani bumped just yesterday, and I replied. :P

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: August 03, 2016, 06:39:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think we should just tell Eko about us. Trying to hide it is just going to make us more suspicious.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: August 03, 2016, 06:43:43 pm »

And, more importantly in my mind, as long as he doesn't know we can't really tell him what we're doing, or synergize death and order.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: August 03, 2016, 07:08:52 pm »

And, more importantly in my mind, as long as he doesn't know we can't really tell him what we're doing, or synergize death and order.

Yeah. It's better if he doesn't know, but he's a smart guy and the longer he's with us the more likely it is that he'll just realize on his own. I still think finding the thing remotely controlling the golem is the best way forward, but we don't need him to start thinking we're the reason the zombies got past his wards (especially since he knows we can pass through the sanctuary) or that we have some secret evil motive for coming here in the meantime.

On the other hand Omo didn't take the news well and we've known him for years. As much as Eko might like us, he has much more reason than Omo to assume we're evil by default if he finds out.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: August 03, 2016, 07:32:45 pm »

Of course, if he reacts bad enough to just attack us, we could always just suck his lifeforce out.
Can't be that hard to justify murder to yourself, right?~

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: August 04, 2016, 12:24:36 am »

Of course, if he reacts bad enough to just attack us, we could always just suck his lifeforce out.
Can't be that hard to justify murder to yourself, right?~

WOuldn't that be self defence? I mean if he seriously attacks us with only or magical discipline as provocation then it would be perfectly justified. 
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: August 04, 2016, 01:55:18 pm »

Killing him, even in self defense, is probably a bad idea.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: August 04, 2016, 06:44:29 pm »

Killing him, in self-defence, is preferable to death, but is still very deep into intolerable territory. Also, if we get attacked again, then without the wards, we would quickly exhaust our mana and be defenceless... So losing Eko is not really a good plan, but, on the other hand, Eko knowing about us being a necromancer is pretty much all good. The only downside is "the more who know, the further the knowledge will spread" and the risks of a bad outcome of actually telling them. The long-term problems are almost non-existent, and it would be a huge boon to our collaborations both magical and intellectual. My inclination is to hand them a note explaining our desire to provide a unique effort to revive the soul-drained, the danger of the woods, and the threat of entire nations turned into lifeless zombie-infested deserts and then hide amidst some nearby trees. It would hopefully be more intellectual than emotive, slowing their inclination to get revenge for all the soul-sucking incidents and stop them from having an immediate target to focus upon, while still providing the opportunity to answer questions and so forth. I do fear that a necessary sacrifice would be to engage in rather extreme honesty. We could likely remain somewhat cagey about the elves, given that there safety could be endangered by such things, but really, answering all sorts of awkward and embarrassing questions promptly and openly is likely the only way to retain trust...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155