Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 662176 times)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #2295 on: August 04, 2016, 06:49:21 pm »

Telling him probably is the best route, but what else do we do about Omo?
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: August 04, 2016, 07:01:18 pm »

Allow the evil god to mind-control us, try to do a thing that requires years of experience to learn all by ourselves, or seek the help of the Curse Controller. I'm for that last one, if it wasn't obvious. :P
...We could also just leave the forest with the body and construct, and find another way, maybe even practice until we can do it ourselves, but I worry that if we take too long Omo will go mad in his shell of no perception.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: August 04, 2016, 07:04:15 pm »

What about that translucent M is false thing? It is there.
Edit: That leaves two options.
Edit2: I agree with the Curse Controller, though we might want to bring the golem with us.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:08:48 pm by Kamani »
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: August 04, 2016, 07:09:05 pm »

Eko thinks we are a life mage, correct? Say we felt another presence inside the golem, controlling it remotely and that we think finding it might be the only way to help Omo. Maybe say it's because necromancy and life magic are similar, since they both use vitality, so we could sense the necromancer's vitality manipulation. If he buys it, we can just start going towards where the golem was going. Edit: No need to tell him exactly why we think it would help, just that it might. It's not a lie that we are desperate and that we don't know what might happen there.

But here's the good part. We can take Omo with us physically by carrying him. But we can take his soul by sneaking the golem to us. Remember how those organs in the golem allow us to sense it remotely? And remember how the curse could cast magic on it without being physically present? We can try something similar. Take control of the golem, dispell the sanctuary and then, when we're far enough, say we need to stop to rest or think or meditate or whatever and remotely repair the golem, giving it a leg and eyes. Then we can have it follow us without Eko knowing.

Edit2: Oh, also tell him to shut down the sanctuary.

I'd still support this, though I suppose we could drop the secrecy of it if we decide to tell Eko now and he's still willing to talk to us. The golem can probably lead us to the tree if we don't know where it is already.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: August 04, 2016, 07:10:17 pm »

That would work

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: August 04, 2016, 07:35:33 pm »

The golem doesn't know where the place is. In fact,it's 100% remote-controlled, it doesn't know anything, except for the image that the Curse Controller sent us. Supposedly the Controller thinks that's enough information to lead us to it, because that's all it sent.

Anyway, my plan to get both Omo and the construct to the controller:
Use Alter Golem to fix the leg we broke. We can't repair the leg that Eko cut off, but it can probably walk on five legs. We can then cast Command Undead to take direct control of it. It is NOT capable of standing orders, so we'll have to babysit it.
We can hopefully carry Omo on the back of the construct, but if not we or Eko can carry him.

Also, crazy idea: could we use Alter Golem to put eyes and ears on Omo's soul? that might help keep him from going mad. Might even be able to give him a voice.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:38:39 pm by Egan_BW »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: August 04, 2016, 07:40:35 pm »

That will work, but we probably need to tell Eko about the necromancer thing if we do that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: August 04, 2016, 07:58:14 pm »

Also, unrelated to the current crisis, I find it very odd that Necromancy is supposedly Death magic. Where Life magic manipulates and produces Vitality, the essence of life, Necromancy seemingly... manipulates vitality and produces Arosh, which acts like Vitality in every way, but glows a different color. I'd think that Death magic would create Death by eliminating Life, or possibly somehow manipulate Death, by changing the balance of life and death (that is, luck) or by directly manipulating dead matter. But Necromancy just seems to be Life magic with an inbuilt spell for corpses and more mad science.

Personally, I think that Necromancy actually isn't Death magic, but either a branch of Life magic, another obscure Faith, such as Fire, which deals with similar matters, like golems and the soul, or an entirely different type of magic from the eight known Faiths. Actual Death mages might have died out long ago, or perhaps Death is, by definition, not to be wielded by the living.
/theorycraft

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: August 04, 2016, 08:02:12 pm »

Could be the case.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: August 04, 2016, 08:11:54 pm »

Yes, I know. that's why I posted it. ;)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: August 04, 2016, 08:13:07 pm »

Fair.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2306 on: August 05, 2016, 02:10:20 am »

Here's a crazy idea: Eko will probably disbelieve us like Omo. And then when we do something or say something, he's going to believe us. So, if we add some absurd lies to an already absurd situation (because remember, elven necromancers are unheard of) then we might get him to believe those too. So, we can say we're a necromancer and that we are part of a secret group of necromancers the elves have been creating for years so that they may be better prepared to face the war they knew one day would inevitably come again and in the hope of one day restoring their original homeland to its former state. Then we can either say we're on a secret mission or we can say we left because we wanted to help or something like that. Either way, having the authority and the trust of the elven elders behind us will probably make us less likely to be killed.

It would probably lead to a very awkward situation if we meet any elves in the capital, but we can probably deal with that when the time comes.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: August 05, 2016, 07:04:45 am »

Hey, I said this whole thing about Necromancy being basically life magic and all of y'all scoffed at it!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: August 05, 2016, 12:31:19 pm »

Regardless of what we do, we should never trust Fale. Fale changed appearances, keeps using difference names for M, and some invisible text told us that M is fake. When we leave the forest (whenever that is) we might want to look into dream wards, which were mentioned earlier, which might prevent Fale from bothering us.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: August 05, 2016, 07:41:39 pm »

For simplicity's sake, lets refer to the invisible text as our little "Buddy"
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155