Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656541 times)

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2012, 11:55:47 pm »

well I have a theory on how to get our golems to move, we have managed to give a golem eyes to see all we need is to give them bones for structure, and muscle for movement I think sewing dead body parts together would consume less mana. Keep in mind though flesh, and clay is soft wood, and metal is hard we may want to choose what a grand majority of a golem are going to be made out of.   

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 08, 2012, 12:06:27 am »

well I have a theory on how to get our golems to move, we have managed to give a golem eyes to see all we need is to give them bones for structure, and muscle for movement I think sewing dead body parts together would consume less mana. Keep in mind though flesh, and clay is soft wood, and metal is hard we may want to choose what a grand majority of a golem are going to be made out of.

Next city, befreind a potter. Have him teach you the art of pottery. Buy clay dolls from him. Make clay dolls. Build a golem of clay, adding things like meat or wood if clay can't move, and bones if a wire or hard ceramic structure doesn't work.

Play with blood. Maybe that's what the golem needs. Blood. Mix some of your own blood into the clay.

As for the hardness of the material, I feel like soft materials might be connected to movement, while hard ones to vitality, or something. We still need to see if we can raise a crayfish shell.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:52:48 am by Cellmonk »

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2012, 12:11:42 am »

Find a source of clay. Next city, befreind a potter. have him teach you the art of pottery. buy clay dolls from him. Make clay dolls. build a golem of clay, adding things like meat or wood if clay can't move, and bones if a wire or hard ceramic structure doesn't work

Play with blood. Maybe that's what the golem needs. Blood. Mix some of your own blood into the clay.

As for the harness of the material, I feel like soft materials might be connected to movement, while hard ones to vitality, or something. We still need to see if we can raise a crayfish shell.
So I take it that the clay dolls are going to be our practice golems or maybe our none combat helpers?

EDIT: Lots of punctuation, and grammar mistakes 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:27:20 am by lockman766 »

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 08, 2012, 12:58:45 am »

So I take it that the clay dolls are going to be our practice golems or maybe our none combat helpers?

I think clay could be great material for combat. Better than flesh. Imaging a giant clay lion, with steel bones, a thick leather hide, and daggers embedded in its jaws and arms. If we could make the thing move, it would be immensely heavy and quite resilient. Zombies are just so dang fragile. Clay mixed with leather is tougher than the strongest hide as well as non-flammable, and steel speaks for itself.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2012, 01:04:02 am »

I think clay could be great material for combat. Better than flesh. Imaging a giant clay lion, with steel bones, a thick leather hide, and daggers embedded in its jaws and arms. If we could make the thing move, it would be immensely heavy and quite resilient. Zombies are just so dang fragile. Clay mixed with leather is tougher than the strongest hide as well as non-flammable, and steel speaks for itself.
  Hm never thought about that. I was thinking more along the lines of animated armor and stuff like that...Maybe do both put a clay body in plate armor?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 01:08:39 am by lockman766 »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 08, 2012, 01:16:10 am »

We shouldn't leave.

Not yet anyways. Now when we have a perfectly legitimate excuse to leave coming up: We're young and healthy. We're sure to get accepted if we volunteer to fight in the upcoming war. We'll even weapons, armour and training in both. Once we're out of training, we'll be marched into Thrimesdur and volunteer for some scounting missions. Maybe an oppertunity to "get lost" will present itself, and we'll wander away from the army. There's no need to go against the law when the law can be made to work for us.

Necromancy-wise, I applaud the choice to switch over to golems. Animals are hardly worth raising and draw too much attention. Raising people is ethically dubious if they don't volunteer first. Golems have neither issue. At first, I think we should stick to rope golems. I personally recomend making a rope snake to test out how movement works for golems. Later, we can make metal men out of cast bronze.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 08, 2012, 01:25:18 am »

We shouldn't leave.

Not yet anyways. Now when we have a perfectly legitimate excuse to leave coming up: We're young and healthy. We're sure to get accepted if we volunteer to fight in the upcoming war. We'll even weapons, armour and training in both. Once we're out of training, we'll be marched into Thrimesdur and volunteer for some scounting missions. Maybe an oppertunity to "get lost" will present itself, and we'll wander away from the army. There's no need to go against the law when the law can be made to work for us.
I have a few problems with this. First if we join the army we probably won't leave, the elves(not sure if that's Grammatically correct) seem very insular which means they will probably not leave the Vale. Second if they do we can't very well dessert the army. There for our best bet is to run.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2012, 01:57:38 am »

We shouldn't leave.

I have a few problems with this. First if we join the army we probably won't leave, the elves(not sure if that's Grammatically correct) seem very insular which means they will probably not leave the Vale. Second if they do we can't very well dessert the army. There for our best bet is to run.

First things first, I think we should try to find out what sort of army the necros have conjured up. There might be mention of golems. We could ask more about what the necros have raised, and whether the necros are on the battlefield (within arrowshot) or away. We can ask if they seem to have other powers (like levitation or telekinesis).

We could approach that guy who saw the skeleton, and ask him more about his encounter. maybe ask about golems, if the subject arises.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2012, 02:00:24 am »

We shouldn't leave.

First things first, I think we should try to find out what sort of army the necros have conjured up. There might be mention of golems. We could ask more about what the necros have raised, and whether the necros are on the battlefield (within arrowshot) or away. We can ask if they seem to have other powers (like levitation or telekinesis).

We could approach that guy who saw the skeleton, and ask him more about his encounter. maybe ask about golems, if the subject arises.
I agree with cell, but  best to frame it a curiosity, or worry.

Elvisdogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2012, 02:01:53 am »

I have a feeling that golems are the better and more ethical choice to use here. But I think the system might go like this:

Zombies: Easy to make, and come fully equipped with their bodies.

Golems: More time and effort to make but are more durable and ethical. Much harder to make but much more effective.

So it may come down to a quality vs quantity debate if we choose to raise an army.
It was for a film project. I regret nothing.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2012, 02:04:41 am »

I have a feeling that golems are the better and more ethical choice to use here. But I think the system might go like this:

Golems: More time and effort to make but are more durable and ethical. Much harder to make but much more effective.

So it may come down to a quality vs quantity debate if we choose to raise an army.
If this is the choice I choose quality over quantity.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2012, 02:08:55 am »

Plus Golems can be improved much easier then the undead zombies can.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2012, 02:16:45 am »

I wonder if the necromancers use golems as their personal guard. Those golems might be relics from when they were more ethical and secretive.

If they don't use golems, I wonder if it is because golems are sentient and-or independent. I'm still curious if they posses a soul (which the undead appear to lack). I don't know how one would test this without making one which could move or speak. Maybe it all comes down to the level of knowledge and experimentation needed to make a mobile golem. Those evil necros might have been too impatient to do any research beyond "hey, I can raise a dead guy".

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2012, 02:22:43 am »

I wonder if the necromancers use golems as their personal guard. Those golems might be relics from when they were more ethical and secretive.

If they don't use golems, I wonder if it is because golems are sentient and-or independent. I'm still curious if they posses a soul (which the undead appear to lack). I don't know how one would test this without making one which could move or speak. Maybe it all comes down to the level of knowledge and experimentation needed to make a mobile golem. Those evil necros might have been too impatient to do any research beyond "hey, I can raise a dead guy".
I would imagine that they could grow to sentient, but are still bound to the Necro.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2012, 02:31:51 am »

We should avoid mentioning specific types ourself; we should just ask what kind of things the necromancer is using.

>Golems
The bane of the undead is that which never lived.
A golem has no blood to infect, steal, or spill. It has no flesh that can be ripped or guts that can be torn by human hands. If only falls by being torn apart by extreme force, and when it does it leaves no corpse to easily raise.

(We do, however, have to beware the enemy necromancer himself screwing around with our golem(s).)
Soaplent green is goblins!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 155