Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 660157 times)

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #285 on: January 08, 2012, 06:14:17 am »

You remember that ant from way back when?
Yep. The question, though, is whether giving the ant a prosthetic head would have made a difference.
I see.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 08, 2012, 07:34:18 pm »

Been thinking about the whole polar opposite thing. In a way the polar opposites are linked.Life leads to Chaos, Chaos leads to death, death leads to order, and order leads to life. Am I making sense? 

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 08, 2012, 07:47:58 pm »

Been thinking about the whole polar opposite thing. In a way the polar opposites are linked.Life leads to Chaos, Chaos leads to death, death leads to order, and order leads to life. Am I making sense?

We should brainstorm the possible ways necromancy fits in with the other arts

Necromancy: Does it worship death, avert it, or create it? Seems like vitality is the opposite of entropy. We steal vitality from things to give it to others, creating entropy in one, and averting it in the the other. It is considered less natural than other arts, because it edits(?) the fabric of life, rather than simply adding or subtracting from it.

It seems that vitality is constantly being destroyed. when we give it to a rock, and take it back, we lose much or it. Where does it go?

Experiment: Give vitality to a rock. then take it back. Then give some more vitality. repeat until it is clear whether the rock can "saturate" with vitality, and stop loosing some.

We should also grow a plant if we have the chance. see if its vitality increases as it grows, and whether the soil is depleted of vitality around the plant. Try giving the plant extra vitality. see if it grows better. Grow a plant with vitality-enriched soil next to it. See if it grows differently.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 08, 2012, 08:06:24 pm »

We should brainstorm the possible ways necromancy fits in with the other arts

Necromancy: Does it worship death, avert it, or create it? Seems like vitality is the opposite of entropy. We steal vitality from things to give it to others, creating entropy in one, and averting it in the the other. It is considered less natural than other arts, because it edits(?) the fabric of life, rather than simply adding or subtracting from it.

It seems that vitality is constantly being destroyed. when we give it to a rock, and take it back, we lose much or it. Where does it go?
It seems to me that death, and life are very close, because Life comes from Death, and Death comes from life. The whole concept is much like Yin, and Yang you can't have one without the other. I don't think were the first Elven Necro. When the elder brought up Resurrection I though it sounded strange I think for that to work you need a life, and death mage. I think the persecution, and hate towards death magic is what stopped resurrection.   

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 08, 2012, 08:51:01 pm »

One more thing to note, I'm pretty sure that 3 necromancers (The one at the Jeweled Coast and Thrimesdur and us) awakening at somewhere around the same time is strongly connected, and I'm pretty sure the elders would have noted it also. This may lead to them guessing that there may be more popping up around the world. If they mention some kind of test at the conference, we should leave quickly.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 08, 2012, 08:59:38 pm »

One more thing to note, I'm pretty sure that 3 necromancers (The one at the Jeweled Coast and Thrimesdur and us) awakening at somewhere around the same time is strongly connected, and I'm pretty sure the elders would have noted it also. This may lead to them guessing that there may be more popping up around the world. If they mention some kind of test at the conference, we should leave quickly.
To suspicious. They'll realise it's us almost immediately.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:45 pm »

To suspicious. They'll realise it's us almost immediately.
Well we're getting out of here regardless so we might have to take that chance

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:53 pm »

If we catch wind of even a minor rumor about it we leave instantly. We can't risk getting caught, and let the other necromancers do as they please. We must prove that just, because they use Necromancy for evil doesn't mean it can't do good things instead.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 08, 2012, 09:20:20 pm »

If we catch wind of even a minor rumor about it we leave instantly. We can't risk getting caught, and let the other necromancers do as they please. We must prove that just, because they use Necromancy for evil doesn't mean it can't do good things instead.
agreed.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 08, 2012, 09:57:40 pm »

dare I say it...maybe it's to soon...oh to hell with it...bump

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 08, 2012, 10:26:38 pm »

It's been less than an hour. That's to soon.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2012, 10:38:14 pm »

This is too good of a thread to be left idle for more than thirty minutes. Even at night.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 08, 2012, 10:40:30 pm »

This is too good of a thread to be left idle for more than thirty minutes. Even at night.
well at least I have one guy on my side lol.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 09, 2012, 12:12:30 am »

We should also try to figure out why so many of us necromancers are awakening now. It also wouldn't be too far of a stretch to say that there are more in hiding like us. Also be much more discreet. For Christs sake Monk stop trying to get us found out.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2012, 12:19:13 am »

We should also try to figure out why so many of us necromancers are awakening now. It also wouldn't be too far of a stretch to say that there are more in hiding like us. Also be much more discreet. For Christs sake Monk stop trying to get us found out.
He means well.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 155