Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 663586 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #315 on: January 09, 2012, 04:39:06 pm »

I think first we should perfect drawing Vitality in a 1:1 ratio before that.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2012, 04:54:22 pm »

I think first we should perfect drawing Vitality in a 1:1 ratio before that.
Yeah maybe I jumped the gun.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2012, 04:55:24 pm »

There's no guarantee a 1:1 ratio is possible, and if it is, learning more about it (which this accomplishes) is the only way we're going to figure it out.

It may be the numbers for an area effect version differ quite a bit, and we've got no other proposals for increasing efficiency.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2012, 09:21:45 pm »

We know that /happened/, yes. But what are the details?

How sure are we that this is the case?

Actually, reviewing that information would probably be a good idea - how do we know that steal vitality takes 6hp from a target?

The "up to 6 1/3 back" rule is based on observing a healthy tree with Sense Vitality, Stealing Vitality and comparing the amount of Vitality the tree lost and the amount of Vitality you sucked out in usable form. Which is not to say this is exactly how the spell works.

I will say that the information in that Spells spoiler is based purely upon your observations, and is not necessarily a "this is how it works" statement. For example, Raise Zombie takes an unknown amount of Vitality, but waaaaaay back in update 1 it was assumed that the spell took 2 Mana, because that's what you observed in your first casting.

Carry on then!

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 10, 2012, 12:10:56 am »

As I was sitting on my throne contemplating necromancy I realized we still haven't figured out what the third school of necromancy is.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 10, 2012, 12:34:18 am »

As I was sitting on my throne contemplating necromancy I realized we still haven't figured out what the third school of necromancy is.
What?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 10, 2012, 12:37:33 am »

What?
I think I need someone to explain this to me too.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 10, 2012, 12:40:57 am »

What?
I think I need someone to explain this to me too.
Life magic has three schools as we recently found out they have two beneficial schools, and one harmful school. If my theory is correct Necromancy will have two harmful schools ,and one beneficial school.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 10, 2012, 12:43:44 am »

o.O Genius ! We must establish a school of DOOM!!! ... errr I mean ... umm ... oh thats right Niceromancy

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 10, 2012, 12:45:27 am »

o.O Genius ! We must establish a school of DOOM!!! ... errr I mean ... umm ... oh thats right Niceromancy
lol

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 10, 2012, 04:05:35 pm »

I just realized I might not have been to clear what I meant by schools of magic. I meant disciplines. life magic has healing, growth, and imbalance. So far we know necromancy has zombie, and golem so if i'm right our third discipline will be healing.

Elvisdogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 10, 2012, 04:43:38 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that no matter what, other necromancers seem to go on bloody rampages and world conquering sprees? Could there possibly a reason for this other than plot advancement? Will we come to a point where we become a meglomaniac?
It was for a film project. I regret nothing.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 10, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that no matter what, other necromancers seem to go on bloody rampages and world conquering sprees? Could there possibly a reason for this other than plot advancement? Will we come to a point where we become a meglomaniac?
Power corrupts you have to have willpower to prevent it. Hopefully we have the willpower to change the stigma of necromancy.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:31 pm »

Woah. There is nothing that has shown that power corrupts.
We are just an elf who is now a necromancer, and we are exploring the world to learn more about it or so.
Anyway, its not like we have to be evil.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »

Woah. There is nothing that has shown that power corrupts.
We are just an elf who is now a necromancer, and we are exploring the world to learn more about it or so.
Anyway, its not like we have to be evil.
Exactly, we choose not our power.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 155