Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 664481 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #330 on: January 10, 2012, 05:17:56 pm »

The fact that a Necromancer has to conquer or be killed might have something to do with it, too. We don't even know for sure how many are killed quietly or while trying to do the right thing, but we DO know necromancers are dealt with, severely.

And what town or city would want to publicize finding a necromancer in their midst?

In the days of old, there were apparently non-evil necromancers, so I don't think it's likely to be anything but a combination of power+fear+confirmation bias, and they figure once they've done what they need to survive well, fuck, they might as well enjoy themselves until they get taken down.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 10, 2012, 05:28:27 pm »

The fact that a Necromancer has to conquer or be killed might have something to do with it, too. We don't even know for sure how many are killed quietly or while trying to do the right thing, but we DO know necromancers are dealt with, severely.

And what town or city would want to publicize finding a necromancer in their midst?

In the days of old, there were apparently non-evil necromancers, so I don't think it's likely to be anything but a combination of power+fear+confirmation bias, and they figure once they've done what they need to survive well, fuck, they might as well enjoy themselves until they get taken down.
So necromancers might be forced into conquest? Interesting we need to find other necromancers in hiding maybe we can gather friends, and other like minded necros. We cannot change the world on our own we'll need help.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 10, 2012, 05:30:55 pm »

Who said anything about changing the world? I think we're just exploring our own skills and such, and our general reaction to the news shows that we don't want to change the world.

We're just curious in my eyes.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 10, 2012, 05:35:29 pm »

Who said anything about changing the world? I think we're just exploring our own skills and such, and our general reaction to the news shows that we don't want to change the world.

We're just curious in my eyes.
That may be, but the story might force us to take a proactive approach...Then again your right at the moment were just curious...More importantly we need to master our skills first maybe we need to get a bit more understanding.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:07:01 am by lockman766 »

Rockowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 10, 2012, 05:46:49 pm »

1. duel class lumberjack plzzz!1
2 Raise trees you kill as undead corpse-eating ents which double as corpse storage and walking buildings/laboratories.
3 ??
4. banhamemr 4 being munchkeen!!!!!!!!!1one FUN!!

---

On a more serious note, would it be possible to dual-class something fighter-ish? Plate armor and longsword plus necromantic powers equal fun, but anything to improve our combat skills would be a plus since we can't use our dark arts in public. If we'd have to fight something with Mr. Thunderjaw alongside us we'd have to sacrifice our secret. That, or total party kill.

EDIT: Correction, risk getting ourselves or Omo get in a tricky situation.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:48:36 pm by Rockowl »

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 10, 2012, 05:51:00 pm »

2 Raise trees you kill as undead corpse-eating ents which double as corpse storage and walking buildings/laboratories.
3 ??

---

On a more serious note, would it be possible to dual-class something fighter-ish? Plate armor and longsword plus necromantic powers equal fun, but anything to improve our combat skills would be a plus since we can't use our dark arts in public. If we'd have to fight something with Mr. Thunderjaw alongside us we'd have to sacrifice our secret. That, or total party kill.

We could ask Omo to train us.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 10, 2012, 07:23:58 pm »

3 ??

---

We SHOULD ask OmoBear Grills to teach us what we need to know to survive in the wild. On the trail, he can spar with us (we can use a normal tree limb) and possibly teach us some things about finding food, water, and shelter in wilderness, and navigating over land. He might even tell us some things about the patrol tactics of the rangers, which might help us if we every find ourselves hiding from them.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 10, 2012, 07:28:21 pm »

3 ??

---

We SHOULD ask OmoBear Grills to teach us what we need to know to survive in the wild. On the trail, he can spar with us (we can use a normal tree limb) and possibly teach us some things about finding food, water, and shelter in wilderness, and navigating over land. He might even tell us some things about the patrol tactics of the rangers, which might help us if we every find ourselves hiding from them.
I approve this message.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 10, 2012, 07:39:11 pm »

The third discipline of necromancy is probably something meta, like soul blending or life inversion or vitality-swords...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 10, 2012, 07:59:34 pm »

Aren't the three schools Undead, Golems, and Life-stealing?

I mean, that seems pretty straightfoward with no overlap.

And I am totally ready for the next updoot.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:13:27 pm by GlyphGryph »

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 10, 2012, 09:02:08 pm »

Aren't the three schools Undead, Golems, and Life-stealing?

I mean, that seems pretty straightfoward with no overlap.

And I am totally ready for the next updoot.
life stealing is the building block of the undead, and golem schools there for it's more of a cantrif that all necromancers learn from the beginning rather than an individual school to itself.

P.S. I can't wait either.   
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:09:11 pm by lockman766 »

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 10, 2012, 10:13:22 pm »

Everyone seems pretty gung-ho about leaving right now, but is the general consensus still wait for the council to learn what they truly know about necromancers? Also remember to get the shopping done. Monk has been known to screw us by making us be STUPID when we are not specific.(READ:Evil tree of glowyness.)
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 10, 2012, 11:14:22 pm »

Yes: Do shopping, gather information, prepare to leave.

If Elana is here, take Omo to meet with her - either she'll want to come, or she might be willing to help us out. Ask her advice on arguments we can make to the council that might convince them to let us go, and tell her of our plans to leave, but NOT that we'll be sneaking out if the council looks unlikely to accept.

Talk to Omo about how exactly we're going to make our escape. Ask him if he knows how to make mana potions, and if he does not if he thinks it might be worth staying an extra day to get our friend to teach the two of us. Why, exactly, does every hour make it more difficult? I guess that's the biggest question. Would they EXPECT people to be slipping away at this sort of time? If there's some good reason for it, don't bother with this part.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:17:30 pm by GlyphGryph »

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 10, 2012, 11:16:21 pm »

No, leave right after shopping, the risk from the council realising that we are going to leave is to great.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 10, 2012, 11:23:21 pm »

I'm torn between going right away, and waiting for the council :(.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 155